Operation Name Change- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 117 of 117
  1. #1
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,633

    Operation Name Change

    OK...what the hell?!?

    how many of you hooligans up and had your user names changed?!?

    A mess of my meat-space friends did this in NorCal forum - IT IS A GIANT PAIN IN THE BUTT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO YOU ARE!!!!


    *mainly because i am lazy and do not want to pay that close attention...fuggers *
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Sorry, but I had to do it. I've been regretting bluestatevirgin for three years now. I saw the chance and took it. Now, I'll just have to take avatar suggestions. Shark tattoo has already been taken.

  3. #3
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    What?

  4. #4
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774

    Operation Name Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Sorry, but I had to do it. I've been regretting bluestatevirgin for three years now. I saw the chance and took it. Now, I'll just have to take avatar suggestions. Shark tattoo has already been taken.
    Did you finally get some and hence the name change needed to follow?
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lunge Bob Sweatpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    171
    Ok, someone smarter than me tell me how to do this...
    Life is not a spectator sport

    http://www.facebook.com/landsharkracing

  6. #6
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpypete View Post
    Ok, someone smarter than me tell me how to do this...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/site-feedback...me-841921.html

  7. #7
    A waste of time it is is
    Reputation: emu26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,379
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpypete View Post
    Ok, someone smarter than me tell me how to do this...
    It's OK stumpypete, from what I understand long and thin goes to far in anyway.

    Chum, I'm thinking of changing mine to avatar man

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Did you finally get some and hence the name change needed to follow?
    Man, I thought my cool username would get me some with the virgin hunters, but nada. Maybe the ladies will like Slow Danger. Probably not.

  9. #9
    nvphatty
    Guest
    whachu talkin bout willis??

  10. #10
    meow meow
    Reputation: b-kul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,621
    kewl bee's is an option. but I'm not really sure.

  11. #11
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,798
    I've been thinking of changing mine to VirginOliveOil
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  12. #12
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    ExtraVirgin is superior.

  13. #13
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,633
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I've been thinking of changing mine to VirginOliveOil
    Rachel Ray it is!


    * seriously...full on expect that your new user name will eventually be Rachel Ray...muhahahaha *
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  14. #14
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Hmm.. any possibility that just Sodak is available. When I first made an account it was taken and added 06. I have looked for this "so called" Sodak and never found him/her..
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  15. #15
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,633
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06 View Post
    Hmm.. any possibility that just Sodak is available. When I first made an account it was taken and added 06. I have looked for this "so called" Sodak and never found him/her..
    yup - it's available...

    but ya gotta bug an Admin for the change....

    I am not an Admin
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  16. #16
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Hey thanks Chum!! I'm on it!
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    ExtraVirgin is superior.
    Man, I should have tried extrabluestatevirgin. The ladies would have loved me.

  18. #18
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,798
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    Rachel Ray it is!


    * seriously...full on expect that your new user name will eventually be Rachel Ray...muhahahaha *
    Oh yeah! Take this …Mr burns laughing non stop - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  19. #19
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,757
    Going to have to bug rocky about my new one: "AZ.MTN" I'll talk about my new bike but never post pictures of it.

  20. #20
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    DJ, is that a "Goat" in your avatar???
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  21. #21
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Man, I thought my cool username would get me some with the virgin hunters, but nada. Maybe the ladies will like Slow Danger. Probably not.
    Could always try "MILF Hunter"

  22. #22
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    Hmm.. any possibility that just Sodak is available. When I first made an account it was taken and added 06. I have looked for this "so called" Sodak and never found him/her..
    dun
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    DJ, is that a "Goat" in your avatar???
    Sure looks like a '65 Goat to me.

  24. #24
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Going to have to bug rocky about my new one: "AZ.MTN" I'll talk about my new bike but never post pictures of it.



    My new bike is mocking you, sorry no pics.

  25. #25
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Going to have to bug rocky about my new one: "AZ.MTN" I'll talk about my new bike but never post pictures of it.
    Nah, if you really want to get our attention, change your name to "nudegirlonbike".
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  26. #26
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    dun
    Mega high five on that!! Thanks so much!
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  27. #27
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,798
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    DJ, is that a "Goat" in your avatar???
    Yes! A photo of my old ride. I put it as my avatar to remind myself daily how much of a dumbass I was for selling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  28. #28
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,798
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    Sure looks like a '65 Goat to me.
    Nope! It's a 69' Ram Air IV the highest H.P. and rarest goat they made. Only 759 made in 69' with that motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    So we got:
    Malibu412>glide the clyde
    Sodak06>sodak
    AZ>Dirty Sanchez
    bluestatevirgin>slow danger

    Anybody else?

  30. #30
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Nope! It's a 69' Ram Air IV the highest H.P. and rarest goat they made. Only 759 made in 69' with that motor.
    OMG!!! I hope you got a very, very pretty penny for that beauty?!
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,646
    You guys are putting ideas in my head. What to change
    it to?

  32. #32
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,692
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    You guys are putting ideas in my head. What to change
    it to?
    Kuhl, John

    Nobody will ever know it's you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  33. #33
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,953
    You rang?

    Just getting out in front of a movement here on mtbr.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  34. #34
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    You guys are putting ideas in my head. What to change
    it to?
    Are you kidding? You already have one of the Kuhlest names here.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  35. #35
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Im thinking of changing mine to AZ MTNS or CHUMM
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

  36. #36
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,798
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    OMG!!! I hope you got a very, very pretty penny for that beauty?!
    Painful!
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  37. #37
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Painful!
    Oh GOD! I'm sick to my stomach and I'm about ready to hang myself from the door frame.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  38. #38
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774
    Are we talking about cars?

    My dad sold his '69 camaro with bored out small block before I could drive it. I was able to drive his '74 firebird with a 350 2barrell carb and his '76 trans am with the 400/4barrell. My younger brother eventually became the owner of the trans am and brought the engine back to life with the removal of the emissions equipment. Even though those cars were heavy, they would absolutely fly off the line!

  39. #39
    Killer b.
    Reputation: The Understater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    So we got:
    Malibu412>glide the clyde
    Sodak06>sodak
    AZ>Dirty Sanchez
    bluestatevirgin>slow danger

    Anybody else?
    Me. Formerly bshallard.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

  40. #40
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,211
    I have also officially changed names to legitimacy.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  41. #41
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,355
    Changed my name to erik1245.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    Changed my name to erik1245.

    Chum's right. This is getting confusing.

  43. #43
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774

    Operation Name Change

    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    Changed my name to erik1245.
    Was erik1234 not available?
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  44. #44
    A waste of time it is is
    Reputation: emu26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,379
    I really should change my name to emu27.5 now.

  45. #45
    Live 2 Ride
    Reputation: Kona0197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,022
    I want to change my name to kona0197. Oh wait. What?
    My Bike: '18 Giant Talon 3 29er
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    I want to change my name to kona0197. Oh wait. What?
    See eric1245's joke two/three posts above. Oh wait. What?

  47. #47
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,798
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  48. #48
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    I want to change my name to kona0197. Oh wait. What?


    Timing is everything. How about we just call you "late"?

  49. #49
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    I really should change my name to emu27.5 now.
    emu26 sounds just fine to me.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  50. #50
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    emu26 sounds just fine to me.
    I think emu29 would roll off the tongue easier.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    I think emu29 would roll off the tongue easier.
    But not as nimbly.

  52. #52
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    But not as nimbly.
    I see what you did there . . .
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  53. #53
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    I think emu29 would roll off the tongue easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    But not as nimbly.
    Totally just had to steal my line.

    But just imagine how nimbly and quickly emu20 would roll off the tongue.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  54. #54
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    You must go my route and get rid of the pesky numbers after your name.. Simplicity is key..
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  55. #55
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    You must go my route and get rid of the pesky numbers after your name.. Simplicity is key..
    Unfortunately, I've seen an "erik" post about once. That bastard.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hang 21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    You must go my route and get rid of the pesky numbers after your name.. Simplicity is key..
    I'd feel nekkid without my numbers.

    "Hey Hang."
    "Sup Hang?"
    "Kiss my ass, Hang!"

    Just doesn't sound right.

  57. #57
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    Unfortunately, I've seen an "erik" post about once. That bastard.
    Some loser who never posts already has Malibu. What a waste. So, I had to go a whole new moniker to rid the numbers.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  58. #58
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    Some loser who never posts already has Malibu. What a waste. So, I had to go a whole new moniker to rid the numbers.
    Hey. Barbie is totally awesome. Give her a break.

  59. #59
    A waste of time it is is
    Reputation: emu26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    I think emu29 would roll off the tongue easier.
    No clown shoes for me Glide, that extra 1.5 makes all the difference, at least that's what she keeps telling me.
    Last edited by emu26; 03-07-2013 at 06:54 PM.

  60. #60
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,757
    Dagnabbit! I've been busy dealing with a troll in my own little forum and now look. I'm lost! Glad the kuhl stayed the kuhl and there's only one Tone's!

    WTF, guys. Only sodak's makes sense.

  61. #61
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,828
    Haha only mtb123 would be stupid enough to come into a thread that is regularly frequented by admin and supermoderators. What a wacko.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  62. #62
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,211
    In typical secret agent fashion, my change was super-stealth. And yes, it did change
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  63. #63
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,122
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    In typical secret agent fashion, my change was super-stealth. And yes, it did change
    what was it 009 first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

  64. #64
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    Unfortunately, I've seen an "erik" post about once. That bastard.
    How about "Erik" or "eriq" or "Air Rick"
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  65. #65
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    what was it 009 first.
    He changed the "O's" to "0's"...It's now "double zero-seven".
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  66. #66
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Haha only mtb123 would be stupid enough to come into a thread that is regularly frequented by admin and supermoderators. What a wacko.


    Man, I missed Brian with a Y?

  67. #67
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    He changed the "O's" to "0's"...It's now "double zero-seven".
    how did you even notice that?

  68. #68
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    how did you even notice that?
    Sharp eye for details. The only way to change his user name without it being obvious is to do what he did.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  69. #69
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Man, I missed Brian with a Y?
    Yeah recently he has been trolling with bearly legal or variations of that. Also the incredibly clever variations on MTB123. He probably has been responsible for more user names being locked away than any other user except Pete Fagerlin.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  70. #70
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    So what are we all saying here? that people that are banned come back with very similar names to their old ones fron the same or diff IP addresses ? what are you all talking about with these very small name changes and users resp for having many names locked away?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

  71. #71
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,692
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    what was it 009 first.
    That's funny because I remember when they introduced the GST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  72. #72
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    So what are we all saying here? that people that are banned come back with very similar names to their old ones fron the same or diff IP addresses ? what are you all talking about with these very small name changes and users resp for having many names locked away?
    50-100 times. MTB123 has been back through every conceivable variation of that nom de plume. Then he started inventing others. We usually catch him or those that know him within hours or days of his return. The thing is he can't ever not return to his usual ways. He always goes back, starts **** and we ban him. After a while we block the IP and he returns from some other coffeeshop or wherever.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  73. #73
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    That's funny because I remember when they introduced the GST.
    oh good god, you're canadian. I remember when they introduce the GST too, eh.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  74. #74
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    50-100 times. MTB123 has been back through every conceivable variation of that nom de plume. Then he started inventing others. We usually catch him or those that know him within hours or days of his return. The thing is he can't ever not return to his usual ways. He always goes back, starts **** and we ban him. After a while we block the IP and he returns from some other coffeeshop or wherever.
    LOL, sounds like a game of cat and mouse, ive just been asked to be a moderator on my fav Rugby League site '1 eyed eel' the parramatta eels forum, im only doing it as a favour to help the owner out, but im gonna have to deal with this same thing, so im about to find out what being a super mods like.
    Any advise crusher.?
    Im going to try the respect through communication method, i need to still be one of the boys because i have a hell of a lot of mates on there that are like savages if they get their noses out of joint lol.
    I love just being one of the guys, ive been voted the member most valued contributer on there for the last two years, its a massive site and i dont wanna start losing my good mates on there or lose the way im viewed.
    Im a bit worried that i wont be able to be a really silly bugger any more, but i cant give that up, thats just me, so im between a bit of a rock n a hard place, the owner of the site contacted me the other day to ask if i could help control the crazy mob, this is the first time his ever asked 'one of the boys' to moderate, he usually has the serious guys, he has found cause these guys have no respect from the forum its not working.
    Any advise crusher or chum, should i just say no ?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

  75. #75
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    my fav Rugby League site '1 eyed eel'
    1 eyed eel. I chuckled.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  76. #76
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    LOL, sounds like a game of cat and mouse, ive just been asked to be a moderator on my fav Rugby League site '1 eyed eel' the parramatta eels forum, im only doing it as a favour to help the owner out, but im gonna have to deal with this same thing, so im about to find out what being a super mods like.
    Any advise crusher.?
    Im going to try the respect through communication method, i need to still be one of the boys because i have a hell of a lot of mates on there that are like savages if they get their noses out of joint lol.
    I love just being one of the guys, ive been voted the member most valued contributer on there for the last two years, its a massive site and i dont wanna start losing my good mates on there or lose the way im viewed.
    Im a bit worried that i wont be able to be a really silly bugger any more, but i cant give that up, thats just me, so im between a bit of a rock n a hard place, the owner of the site contacted me the other day to ask if i could help control the crazy mob, this is the first time his ever asked 'one of the boys' to moderate, he usually has the serious guys, he has found cause these guys have no respect from the forum its not working.
    Any advise crusher or chum, should i just say no ?
    The moment you get promoted to management, you are no longer one of the boys. You get moved up to the big leagues. Just say no... you'll be making enemies, moderating friends away, and won't have time to surf MTBR when you are doing nothing but policing actions. Hunting trolls will be a full time job.

  77. #77
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Yeah recently he has been trolling with bearly legal or variations of that. Also the incredibly clever variations on MTB123. He probably has been responsible for more user names being locked away than any other user except Pete Fagerlin.
    Is traildoc. available? ;-) or Ipoach ? Who is or was Pete Fagerlin and his variations?
    Last edited by Boyonabyke; 03-07-2013 at 10:19 PM.

  78. #78
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,211
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    He changed the "O's" to "0's"...It's now "double zero-seven".
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    how did you even notice that?
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Sharp eye for details. The only way to change his user name without it being obvious is to do what he did.
    Yup!
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  79. #79
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,692
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    oh good god, you're canadian. I remember when they introduce the GST too, eh.
    I might be Canadian let me check.

    No snow outside.
    I don't drink beer.
    I hate hockey.
    I don't own a toque.
    I'm rude as hell.

    Hmmm... hard to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  80. #80
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,692
    Hang on. I can see Whistler and the North Shore from here.
    ... there you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  81. #81
    A waste of time it is is
    Reputation: emu26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,379
    can you also see Stanley Park?

  82. #82
    Terrain Sculptor
    Reputation: Trail Ninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,692
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    can you also see Stanley Park?
    Not from here, but I can see Grouse Mountain. There are a couple of islands in the way of me seeing anything at sea level on the mainland. I need a telescope to see Whistler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

  83. #83
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,429
    I will keep mine if you do not object.

  84. #84
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,798
    Don't do it Tone your personality will change. We don't need that bleeding over into this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  85. #85
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    CHUM!!!!

    I'd like to change my user name to HAWG (all capitals) or Hawg (capital H). I did see a "hawg" (all lower case) in the member name listing but I didn't see either of the two I'm requesting.

    Thanks!
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  86. #86
    007
    007 is offline
    b a n n e d
    Reputation: 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,211
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    CHUM!!!!

    I'd like to change my user name to HAWG (all capitals) or Hawg (capital H). I did see a "hawg" (all lower case) in the member name listing but I didn't see either of the two I'm requesting.

    Thanks!
    But then you'll get sued by Camelbak. I think you should go with TurdBurglar
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

  87. #87
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    CHUM!!!!

    I'd like to change my user name to HAWG (all capitals) or Hawg (capital H). I did see a "hawg" (all lower case) in the member name listing but I didn't see either of the two I'm requesting.

    Thanks!
    Done.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  88. #88
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,355
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Done.
    RC, any chance you could change mine to Bro? Saw a "bro" but no Bros.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  89. #89
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    But then you'll get sued by Camelbak. I think you should go with TurdBurglar
    Camelbak's is H.A.W.G.

    Nice try!
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  90. #90
    I <3 dirt
    Reputation: Ilikemtb999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,430

    Operation Name Change

    This is the place for a name change request? I would humbly like to request a simple change to Ilikemtb999 as my tastes in my main bicycle riding has shifted dramatically (probably because I'm getting old lol).

  91. #91
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    RC, any chance you could change mine to Bro? Saw a "bro" but no Bros.
    done
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikemtb999 View Post
    This is the place for a name change request? I would humbly like to request a simple change to Ilikemtb999 as my tastes in my main bicycle riding has shifted dramatically (probably because I'm getting old lol).
    and done
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  92. #92
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,757
    GEEEsus. So....erik is now Bro?

  93. #93
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,798
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    GEEEsus. So....erik is now Bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  94. #94
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,757
    A Bro? Bro? Hey DJ, are you in colorado? Anywhere near Durango? This would be fun:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro...co-847174.html

  95. #95
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,798
    So Eric's new name is Bro.
    Hey bro [bud] let's party.

    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sKrpl-KBTzQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  96. #96
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,355
    This is so legit. Thanks RC!
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  97. #97
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation: girlonbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,757
    Brroooooooo....

    I'm not feelin' it, Erik.


    Braaahhhhhhhh....

    nope.


  98. #98
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Done.
    Thanks Boss!
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  99. #99
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    Could you change my user name to Burnt-Orange please
    in the last three months one of my favorite riding buddies had a stroke and my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer
    I just found out she needs chemo
    I could really use a laugh right now
    thanks

    Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    I could really use a laugh right now

    How do you make a tissue dance???


    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Put a lil boogy in it.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

  101. #101
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Would you change my name to Boyonadyke. Yes, I am dutch. And i have ridden on them, on a bromfiets.

  102. #102
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    Why aren't you out riding or driving to the first ride now???
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  103. #103
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Why aren't you out riding or driving to the first ride now???
    It's fricken dark, I don;'t like wearing deer on my front grille and the speed limit is 85, no chance for a save until daylight and some sunshine.

    Why aren't you giving the wife her rewards points this morning?

  104. #104
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    I was hinting at a night ride silly! It's one sure way to find out if Bigfoot eats human flesh or not.

    You're saying you wouldn't drive on the highway at night for fear of hitting a little deer? That's free deer meat for months man! Heck, I'd be aiming for them.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  105. #105
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    CHUM and/or rockcrusher:

    I'd be much obliged if you could please change my user name to Wishful Tomcat

    Thanks!

  106. #106
    bust a move
    Reputation: 2ridealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    in the last three months one of my favorite riding buddies had a stroke and my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer
    I just found out she needs chemo
    I could really use a laugh right now
    thanks

    Sj
    Sorry to hear SJ. Good thoughts and best wishes!
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

  107. #107
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    That's tough SJ, I'm hoping for the best for your sister and your riding partner.

  108. #108
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe View Post
    Could you change my user name to Burnt-Orange please
    in the last three months one of my favorite riding buddies had a stroke and my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer
    I just found out she needs chemo
    I could really use a laugh right now
    thanks

    Sj
    Joey, my heart and thoughts are with you n your sis n riding buddy, all the power and strength to them mate.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

  109. #109
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt-Orange View Post
    Could you change my user name to Burnt-Orange please
    in the last three months one of my favorite riding buddies had a stroke and my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer
    I just found out she needs chemo
    I could really use a laugh right now
    thanks

    Sj
    Done...and hang in there!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    Would you change my name to Boyonadyke. Yes, I am dutch. And i have ridden on them, on a bromfiets.
    done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post
    CHUM and/or rockcrusher:

    I'd be much obliged if you could please change my user name to Wishful Tomcat

    Thanks!
    done.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  110. #110
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Thanks 'crusher!!!

  111. #111
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774
    Burnt Orange lives! (sorry to hear about the troubles, though)



    Boy on a Dyke? Perhaps I need to know the translation to see that one. Sorry.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  112. #112
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,953
    Name-a-geddon continues.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  113. #113
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,696
    thanks
    perfect timing with the snow today
    I am slow therefore I am

  114. #114
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Done...and hang in there!



    done.



    done.

    Thanks Mon!

  115. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    This thread made me dizzy reading through it. Who's who.

  116. #116
    TOP TIER LURKER
    Reputation: Hawgzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,133
    We should all change our user names and then start a new thread dedicated to figuring out whose who.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

Similar Threads

  1. Operation Fox DHX5 Air Bleed
    By EmanResu in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 10-24-2014, 12:01 PM
  2. Rockshox Monarch Rt operation(?)
    By ccaddy in forum Rocky Mountain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 06:13 PM
  3. Help me understand Xloc theory of operation
    By Kanik in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 06:35 AM
  4. Talas operation question?
    By TheNormsk in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM
  5. Bike Thief Sting Operation
    By fatcat in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 09:18 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.