mtbr member
    Jul 2011

That one coworker, That Guy....

Anybody else have one coworker in particular that just royally pisses you off? We have one guy up here that I swear calls in sick more than hes here. The boss has even said hes more than used up his days of leave. Im not sure how he still has a paycheck....or a job.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

Dirt Bike Craig
    lol I have one or two of those. One in particular annoys the crap outta me. He's one of those idiots that *thinks* he knows everything about everything and always tries to butt into every conversation. If I wanted your input (which I dont) I would ask for it Oh yeah, this guy has never and still doesnt own a cell phone lol
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    I work with some individuals that whenever they open their mouths to speak I get that embarrassed feeling for them.

Dirt Bike Craig
    ^ Love Trailer Park Boys!
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    No, never.

j/k. I know how you feel.

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    All my co-workers piss me off, you sort of get use to it after a while.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nope- I don't have a job to have any co-workers :P

mtbr member
    None of my co-workers bug me at all.

Wait ...

does that mean ... I'm that guy?

Honestly, it is great working in a small office where everyone is fairly hand-picked. We all get along pretty well. But that hasn't been the case in other places, that's for sure.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

fading away
    At my previous place of employment, there was a man named Alan Springer. No one liked him. When I first started working there, I tried to befriend him, you know—sort of give him a chance. Seemed like a nice bloke at first, but then I started to hear stories about how the guy was a backstabbing sonofab¡tch, so I needed to watch my back.

He’d been with the company for 11 years, and somehow managed to “slip through the cracks” unnoticed by upper management, in terms of his misconduct. The one thing I noticed about him right off, was that he’d wait until everyone was on their lunch breaks, and then go snooping around in the cubicles. After people were just about to come back, he’d leave… only to come back around 4:00PM or so, when everyone else was about to go home. He only really did a few hours of work each day.

Further still, he was jealous of one lady who worked in our group because she was more efficient and always on schedule with her work (we all assumed this was the reason for…), and he would wad up paper towels from the men’s restroom after having gone potty, and he’d throw them into her cubicle.

What’s more, he’d been caught several times eating other peoples’ food items from the refrigerator.

One time, he supposedly overheard my supervisor say a naughty word, and apparently he felt compelled to write an “anonymous” letter to the CEO of the company about it. Everyone knew it was him.

I could go on and on about this guy. He isn’t employable in today’s market.

Eventually his sorry ass got sh¡tcanned, but it was all about being a little too late.
    goodbye cruel world. I am leaving you today.

Tool
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    Anybody else have one coworker in particular that just royally pisses you off? We have one guy up here that I swear calls in sick more than hes here. The boss has even said hes more than used up his days of leave. Im not sure how he still has a paycheck....or a job.
    Assuming your both have the same boss, I'm not sure how your boss is able to keep his job while letting one of his directs tax his teammates via absenteeism. Your boss is responsible for this (although I can feel for him since it can be a difficult issue to address effectively).

I work on a global team and frequently have to pick up the pieces when a coworker in another part of the world fails to do his job competently. On one hand, this can be annoying, on the other hand, I can always count on someone like this to make me look good by just doing my job. Sometimes there is an upside to these types of things.

-Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    This is one of the reasons I decided to start my own business and go self employed. I refuse to allow it to grow any larger than I can handle on my own.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    I work in a large repair shop. We have an older tech that likes to sing. Out loud. And I mean loud. His favorite is the theme song to The Adams Family.
    He walks around all day, holding the worlds biggest coffee cup, chit-chatting with everybody and singing. The only time he shuts up? At break time you can't get a word out of him.
    His mistakes have cost the company tens of thousands of dollars.
    He currently has a bogus workers comp claim going. This guy is old and out of shape. He allegedly hurt his neck at work but nobody believes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I used to work with a few morons. The key is to keep your focus on your progression in your career, not others' regressions of their careers. I failed so badly at that concept that I opened my own business to get away from them. I don't hire morons or have to work with them anymore.

Now some of my customers are morons. Moral of story: there are morons everywhere in life. Let them hang themselves with their own rope. Keep climbing yours while putting your attention where you want to go. Even when people don't say it (bosses), they do notice when your performance is above the rest and eventually you will be rewarded from it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    I work in a large repair shop. We have an older tech that likes to sing. Out loud. And I mean loud. His favorite is the theme song to The Adams Family.
    He walks around all day, holding the worlds biggest coffee cup, chit-chatting with everybody and singing. The only time he shuts up? At break time you can't get a word out of him.
    His mistakes have cost the company tens of thousands of dollars.
    He currently has a bogus workers comp claim going. This guy is old and out of shape. He allegedly hurt his neck at work but nobody believes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a client I fix computers for and there would be this one guy who whistles all day long. The whole office is usually quite and all you hear is a tweet, squeal, tweet. I'm not sure how everyone handles it but I'd go postal if I was there all day with him.

mtbr member
    No. I dont socialize much with my co-workers and my employer only employs 8 full time employees. lol I dont want to mix my personal and professional life. Its much easier not to take any work stress home with me.
    Hey Ma! Look at this laceration.

rebmem rbtm
    I have a coworker like thst. Compulsive liar that can´t keep his mouth shot. In fact if al he said were true, he´d be Chuck Norris. However he is an iconic loser.

However he does gives the rest of us a conversational topic, so some good comes out of it I guess hehe

I ride brikes, dingus'
    ^^^^ Know the feeling. Been thrown under the bus multiple times by a compulsive liar. Dont work there anymore. Last i heard, the guy is on blood pressure med's. wonder why!!
    There is also people who piss me pretty much everywhere, even on here.
    You're not lost if you don't care where you are--- Tom Massie

Movin' to Montana soon
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by FMX_DBC View Post
    lol I have one or two of those. One in particular annoys the crap outta me. He's one of those idiots that *thinks* he knows everything about everything and always tries to butt into every conversation. If I wanted your input (which I dont) I would ask for it Oh yeah, this guy has never and still doesnt own a cell phone lol
    I have never owned a cell phone and never will,does he go around bragging and thinking it makes him better or something?

I can't think of any one person in particular but in general people who smoke pot at work are "one of those guys".

mtbr member
    There has always been one or more of "those" guys where I have worked. There was one guy that my buddy and I would just make up the most outrageous stories just so we could one up us with a crazy story of his own...fun times.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Wink

I am that guy
    I cultivate a combination of Dwight Shrute and Wally at my place of work!
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hmm I'm self employed... Does that make me "that guy" to myself? I do dumb things and say stupid stuff all the time

banned
    Sep 2007
    self employed for the win. Too many businesses wanting to put me in compromising situations, not worth it. Take control of your own destiny, start your own business.

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    self employed for the win. Too many businesses wanting to put me in compromising situations, not worth it. Take control of your own destiny, start your own business.
    Very tempting. I hate the feeling of having my destiny in someone elses hands, especially when that someone is a scatterbrained, impulsive, self-serving Gordon Gecko type...
    No moss...

Members who have read this thread: 1