Old dogs ;(- Mtbr.com

Thread: Old dogs ;(

All fat, all the time.

Old dogs ;(

They say dogs are man's best friend. They truly are. They give unconditional love no matter what. They make you smile when you have a rough day at work.
    Our Maltese was going on 16 years old, just old, it's hard when you know it's"time". But Saturday, it was time.

Not an easy day, but he's in a better place now I hope.

Our big dog is lonely I think...

Old dogs ;(-img_20170414_203142403-1600x900.jpg

Rabid Lana Fan
    Sorry to hear this. It's always tough.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

9 lives
    I am so sorry about your loss.

Someone once told me that pets come into people's lives when they need them and then leave when they know the person is strong enough to stand alone.
    Your little dog gave you great memories. Treasure that. Is it possible to scatter his ashes somewhere that he liked to be?
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Straight out tha traila
    So sorry for your loss, we lost our Golden a few months ago too I know exactly how you feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear that. I know just how you feel. What you said is so true of dogs.

mtbr member
    Good for you for doing right by your dog. Letting them go is hard, it hurts, but knowing when it is time is an important part of taking care of them for their entire lives.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Sorry for your loss. I lost my little buddy two years ago. Pets bring huge joy to our lives. Unfortunately usually we out live them but the memories last forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Oh man, that sucks! We've all been there. I did the same thing three years ago for my 17 year-old Jack Russell. Knowing it was the right time does help some, but it still hurts. Hang in there.
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Went through this last September with my old buddy. Could've done surgery on his spine but they said he'd probably spend the rest of his life recovering and maybe be able to walk again. It sucks, but now at least I can still go see where I buried him. There are wildflowers growing there now.
    dang

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    ...Could've done surgery on his spine but they said he'd probably spend the rest of his life recovering and maybe be able to walk again..
    as of a few days ago, i'm am now currently in this position, but surgery is out of my reach. she is only 4 1/2...

i've had to put down several animals in my life from age, but never a young one from a sudden injury. she could live a good life with wheels, but she currently has no control of bodily functions...

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    as of a few days ago, i'm am now currently in this position, but surgery is out of my reach. she is only 4 1/2...

i've had to put down several animals in my life from age, but never a young one from a sudden injury. she could live a good life with wheels, but she currently has no control of bodily functions...
    Wow, so sorry to hear that. My old boy didn't have strong enough front legs to use wheels anymore. He also didn't have control over his bodily functions, and I would have to wake up multiple times every night to carry him outside, though he could stand up after I got him up until the night I had to have him put down. It's hard to judge the right thing to do, and I'll never be sure I made the right choice. Couldn't imagine letting him go out for the next year or so soiling himself every day and waiting for me or somebody else to get home and clean him.
    dang

mtbr member
    romp in peace.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    What a bummer, sorry to hear.

All fat, all the time.
    It's funny though, Marley was the only dog in the family for about 6 years, until we got Cadence our great Dane.
    He was always so hateful to the big dog, but the older he got, all of a sudden they are cuddled up on the couch together.
    When they would go to doggie daycare if we had to travel, Cadence would protect him when they were outside with the other dogs.
    Quite the pair

Bikesexual
    Sorry for your loss it has been a few years but still miss my dog and can't really have one right now. Dogs rule! and beautiful Dane you have.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Meatbomb
    Sorry man. It's tough but they depend on us to know when the time is right. I've had to do it twice in the last three years.

A story to show you their spirit lives on:

We had a dog named Sammi that we had to put down due to old age and a bad heart. We went a year or so questioning if we were ready for another dog when one day I was heading to Home Depot and the Pet Smart next door was having a rescue adoption... Being the dog lover I am I had to go check them out. It was a pit bull rescue but there was this one little Chiweenie that was jumping up and down on the cage to get my attention. I picked her up and fell in love with her. I asked them to take a picture of us and sent it to my girl friend. Her reply was "no".

When i got home I asked her if she would go down with me to meet her and she said yes (she was not quite ready for another dog). We went down and she met the dog and took her for a little walk. When she came back the lady from the rescue gave us a little history (was given up due to having Parvo and owners could not afford the meds) and out of the blue she said 'she was born on Nov 14th". I thought my Girlfriend was going to cry but instead said 'we'll take her'!

She was born on the same day we had the vet come to our house and put Sammi down.

My Girlfriend had always prayed that Sammi would guide us in our search for another dog and she did.

Meet Lexi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old dogs ;(-phils-phone-pics-037.jpg  

****** to the dirt
    Sorry about your loss
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

Afric Pepperbird
    My deepest condolences to you. While I love dogs, I'm more of a cat man. When Sid (short for Obsidian, he's so black) dies, I will be incapacitated for a couple of weeks.