Okay, round 2: (For the Mods: Not Trump and Healthcare related)- Mtbr.com
    Probably drunk right now

Okay, round 2: (For the Mods: Not Trump and Healthcare related)

Wow, the Moderators have really tightened up their standards. They deleted threads based on titles, not content? Sweet. I think my return here will be short lived before I'm banned if that's the new standard.

Jay (DirtJunkie), I couldn't see your response before the thread was deleted.

It's been a little while since I've been here. Other than sticks up the butts, what's changed or new?

Ken
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Welcome back Ken. Round #2
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Pipe Dreamer
    Hi Ken, good of you to stop by!

It is a bit different in the OC these days. If you got a thread deleted it was probably by accident, the mods have actually been quite lenient and have let a few taboo topics run here and there, even tho they eventually get sent to the bin.

Stay a bit, have a look around and see for yourself. Would love to hear from you!
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

mtbr member
    I'm amazed they are letting Meat keep the Climate Change thread going.
    All I am saying is give pizza chants

mtbr member
    I'm surprised you're showing your but hurt in here too
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    I'm surprised you're showing your but hurt in here too
    *butt
    All I am saying is give pizza chants

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC View Post

It's been a little while since I've been here. Other than sticks up the butts, what's changed or new?

Ken
    My response in your first thread was the same as my first response in here without the "round #2" comment. LOL

As far as anything new. I'd say there's a lot less humor with more serious topics staying serious. Many great members left and some great new ones came in. It's still a good place to pass the time. Always entertaining and endless topics with room for plenty more. We still aim to keep flame wars to a minimum, unlike the General forum. There's always a heated argument or two to find over there.

Even though the arguments over there always seem to be about the same several things. Wheel size, geometry, dropper posts, tire widths and frame material. Oh, and whether to use a pack on your person or on your bike. One of the biggest breakthroughs in the sport is a bungee cord of sorts that straps the minimalism of essentials under your seat. Wisely exposing all your goods to the elements and for the riders that follow to collect what the strap released on the trail. It's so awesome they named it the Awesome Strap. ><
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Probably drunk right now
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    My response in your first thread was the same as my first response in here without the "round #2" comment. LOL

As far as anything new. I'd say there's a lot less humor with more serious topics staying serious. Many great members left and some great new ones came in. It's still a good place to pass the time. Always entertaining and endless topics with room for plenty more. We still aim to keep flame wars to a minimum, unlike the General forum. There's always a heated argument or two to find over there.

Even though the arguments over there always seem to be about the same several things. Wheel size, geometry, dropper posts, tire widths and frame material. Oh, and whether to use a pack on your person or on your bike. One of the biggest breakthroughs in the sport is a bungee cord of sorts that straps the minimalism of essentials under your seat. Wisely exposing all your goods to the elements and for the riders that follow to collect what the strap released on the trail. It's so awesome they named it the Awesome Strap. ><
    In other words, SSDD.

So, do you think 29ers are a fad?
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

In other words, SSDD.

No, I think they've made a solid statement. As well as 27.5" wheels. That argument has somewhat cooled down. There's now plus size wheels. Meaning the rims are wider and support larger tires. Kind of in between a skinny wheel and a fat bike wheel. There's also new geometry frames which are lower and slacker which makes going over rough terrain easier as well. I'm still on an old 26 old geometry bike so I'm probably not the one to be explaining these things. There are plenty of new geometry 29 and 27.5 die hard enthusiasts you could find in the General forum.
    Although the latest heated argument over there which is also an ongoing year after year argument is whether to use a dropper seatpost or not.

I see you are in the market for a new bike and are over whelmed in the advancements. Maybe go demo a few 29'ers and a few 27.5's. And maybe start a new thread over in General stating your ride terrain requirements and dollars willing to spend. There are plenty willing to give out knowledge on what bikes are in that group to choose from in both wheel sizes.

Once again welcome back. Good to see you back in here.

Pipe Dreamer
    In other words, SSDD.

Come back in 5-10 years and it'll be the same.

I hear 29ers are gaining popularity amongst the downhill crowd, seriously!

And I'm now riding on 26x2.8" tires and wide rims!

western NC
    DJ is greatly underplaying the technological breakthroughs in the sport. Specialized spent millions retooling their factory solely for the purpose of creating a bike with a built in weed storage compartment. And it holds tools in the stem.

Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    DJ is greatly underplaying the technological breakthroughs in the sport. Specialized spent millions retooling their factory solely for the purpose of creating a bike with a built in weed storage compartment. And it holds tools in the stem.
    LOL - the fly trap.

western NC
    LOL, all this time I thought it meant Superior Weed and Accessories Transport. That's what I'd have named it anyway.

Pipe Dreamer
    *Edited*

I was curious about something, but perhaps I shouldn't have asked out in the open...
    Last edited by Cornfield; 06-27-2017 at 01:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Wow, the Moderators have really tightened up their standards. They deleted threads based on titles, not content? Sweet. I think my return here will be short lived before I'm banned if that's the new standard.

Ken
    I definitely remember you. Wife had (hopefully) health issues?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Making the easy look difficult since 1980.