The Official "Is this weird" thread...- Mtbr.com
    Hi There!

The Official "Is this weird" thread...

Post stuff here if you're not sure if it's weird...

I'll start with my inspiration for this thread:

There's a set of twins that we see walking near our neighborhood, two guys that look to be in their 40's. They seem normal, not like any disabilities or anything. I see them coming toward me this morning and even from quite a distance I could see they were both wearing red running shoes...bright red.

Is that weird?
    NTFTC

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    I find it weird that this thread is official. Was this officially ran by the board and passed as being official?

As far as your weirdo red shoe wearing 40 something year old male twins. Yes that's weird. I think male twins should stop dressing alike after the age of 12. And female twins get a pass up until age 40.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Cycologist
    It's weird that there is no question mark in such an official thread.

The Official "Is this weird?" thread…

Or is it weird having a question mark in the middle? Or am I weird for noting that? Do I really want an answer?
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I find it weird that this thread is official. Was this officially ran by the board and passed as being official?
    Can the board make this official please?
    NTFTC

Hi There!
    null
    Last edited by TheGweed; 03-19-2017 at 02:40 AM.
    NTFTC

Pipe Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGweed View Post
    Is it weird that I NEVER EVER do drugs but I took a hit of...stuff.
    Are you on the stuff now?
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

mtbr member
    My friend and I saw a ufo or ufo like light once. We were about 16 years old. The weird part is I didn't think it was weird.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Drugs are made in laboratories.

"Stuff"...grows out of dirt.

More stuff and less drugs!
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Hi There!
    Is it weird that I love the way the left side of my handlebar looks with just the brakes and no front shifter?

It's quite bare-ish and lovely. I could stare at it all day.
    NTFTC

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    My friend and I saw a ufo or ufo like light once. We were about 16 years old. The weird part is I didn't think it was weird.
    What??? You just shrugged your shoulders and thought "there's a UFO"?

Tell me more.
    NTFTC

Can the board make this official please?
    The board passed it. It's officially official according to the official board.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member

My best friend in high school lived adjacent to the school grounds. Our high school grounds where huge, gorgeous. and led out to a ravine with expansive horizon. We used to hang out there all hours of the night running around like idiot's and what not.

On this particular night we were up on top of the announcers both on top of the bleachers of the football field. Up on the announcers box we are about 10 feet below tree line that runs behind the football feild/bleachers. Looking toward the ravine out over the grounds you can pretty much see from horizon to horizon.

So here we are up on the announcers both looking out to the horizon when I see this unusually bright light that seems to be stationary. I point it out to him and that's when it started. We're both just fixated on this thing trying to rationalize what the heck it is.
    A streetlight perhaps.

Cycologist
    The bored passed it. It's officially official according to the officially bored.
    fify
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Cycologist
    So while we're here, it seems you and I have a lot in common TheGweed.

Superlight 29
    Japanese wife (?) Mine was born in Shanghai but went to grad school in Japan and ended up getting citizenship
    18 year old daughter (mine was born in Japan)
    There was something else I came across the other day but I have forgotten what it was.

BTW, hope that's not weird, not stalking you or anything, just picked these up in some of your posts. (I'm keeping notes on all you guys, just incase I need them).

Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    fify
    Lol
    Pretty much.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    More stuff and less drugs!
    you've been to Colorado haven't you?

I could stare at it all day.
    ^ that's weird

(I'm keeping notes on all you guys, just incase I need them).
    I mostly pick my nose with my left hand. Put that in your book.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    you've been to Colorado haven't you?
    That's not all we've got going for us in Colorado.

Judge: Women can go topless in Fort Collins

mtbr member
    What??? You just shrugged your shoulders and thought "there's a UFO"?

Tell me more.

My best friend in high school lived adjacent to the school grounds. Our high school grounds where huge, gorgeous. and led out to a ravine with expansive horizon. We used to hang out there all hours of the night running around like idiot's and what not.

On this particular night we were up on top of the announcers both on top of the bleachers of the football field. Up on the announcers box we are about 10 feet below tree line that runs behind the football feild/bleachers. Looking toward the ravine out over the grounds you can pretty much see from horizon to horizon.

So here we are up on the announcers both looking out to the horizon when I see this unusually bright light that seems to be stationary. I point it out to him and that's when it started. We're both just fixated on this thing trying to rationalize what the heck it is. Low flying helicopters with a bright light were not uncommon in the area, but definitely not what this was.

The light began to close distance between us, but got dimmer as it did so it was very disorienting as to how much ground it covered. The light dimmed so much and closed so much distance that it appeared to be a lightning bug in the tree off to our left. "Oh, it's just a lightning bug" I said. But it wasn't, and we were confused just mesmerized by this thing try to figure what in the heck is going on. Then the light did the exact opposite. It moved back to it's original distance all the time getting brighter as it was hard to tell how much distance it covered. This all seemed to happen in maybe 40 seconds. Once it got back to its original distance the light shot from horizon to horizon in the snap of a finger at which point I said "We just saw a UFO" "dude that was a focking UFO".

We didn't really talk about it much. I told the story in his presence a few times and he would never say anything. Then one day a few months later he confides in me that he didn't think it was a ufo which I didn't understand. We graduate, go our separate ways, flash forward maybe 10 years and I run into him. The first thing he says to me is that it was in fact a ufo we saw,he just didn't know how to process it at the time.

Maybe you had to there, and a bit difficult to capture in the written word. I'm a rational evidence based guy, and I can say without question this was not some sort of natural event. Bright bluish light at a distance of the stars that turned into a lightning bug 15 feet away. When it shot across the sky there was no tail, nor twinkle.

Okay commence with the ribbing.0

Rent this space for $
    A streetlight perhaps.
    It's not a UFO till you get probed.

mtbr member
    A streetlight perhaps.
    Oops, misfire on my part.

Cycologist

Already had it.

High Desert MTBer
    One night as I was riding back from the pub in East Yorkshire, the streetlight I was passing turned into a UFO, and a tractor beam shot out from it and sucked me up into the belly of the ship. My recollection is a little hazy for the next period, but I do remember a number of extremely lovely alien women who all bore a striking resemblance to Kylie Minogue or the actress in that movie War Pigs... Ana something-or-other.
    They spent some time subjecting me to all manner of sexually specific experiments, all of which were incredibly erotic and excruciatingly pleasant. I never thought it would end, and sadly it did. They then let me sleep for a while, or I may have passed out, but after a time, I awoke, and it started all over again. If anything, the second time around was even more intense than the first, and I was a quivering wreck when they finally allowed me some respite and left me to sleep some more. I spent an indeterminate time in a sweet dream-filled state, and when I next awoke, I felt a sensation of falling as I slowly was lowered back to the Earth, right next to where my bike was still laid on the ground...
    Now, the odd thing about the whole thing was, you guessed it! BOTH tires were flat! I was extremely puzzled how I could have had not just one, but TWO punctures at the same time!

Go Figure... Weird!
    Last edited by rockerc; 03-19-2017 at 02:10 AM.
    It's all Here. Now.

western NC
    Is that because the finger you broke is on the right hand?

Stuff is plants, was here before we were, it is NOT drugs. Don't give a crap what anyone says otherwise.

There's a guy I work with, dresses all preppy (that was the term in my day), button down shirts and shit, but is big into hunting and other redneck (would be the term around here) stuff. Is that weird?

Co Springs

Kind of weird;

On a road trip to Michigan a few summers ago, I was pulled over on I-80 in Iowa.
    Rolling along about 70 or 75 mph, I really wasn't paying much attention and had been on the road maybe 7 or 8 hours already. I usually make the drive as a straight 21 hours when we go back to see family.
    A car moved up along side of me in the faster lane then settled in on my speed and as I glanced over, I see this big Farm boy looking face with dark sunglasses staring at me. It was a bit unsettling, then I realized it was an unmarked Police car. I maintained speed since I was not over the posted limit or at least not more than 5 over... and he dropped back and followed for a while.
    Within a mile or two he flipped on his super special secret hidden blue and red lights.

I had my glove box papers ready when he walked up and he was very interested in everything about the car, an early 2000 Mazda Tribute SUV with a Yakima rocket box on the roof. It was loaded up as some of the family flew back to MI and my son and I were driving to haul back a piece of family furniture. We decided to save a bunch on airline luggage fees by taking the bulk of stuff in the car.
    I assume as per Police protocol, he first tells me he pulled me over due to my license plate frame. We go to the rear of the car and he points out that it partly obscures the letters COLORADO along the bottom of the plate. He's more interested in the car all loaded up and questions me about our travel plans and soon dives into his concept of; " All you Coloradans and your marijuana problems and legalizing it... blah- blah- blah."
    Gives me a written warning but no ticket or anything and strolls off into the morning sunrise.

After getting in the car and back to the road trip, it strikes us that he was on the prowl for anything with Colorado plates so he can do the sniff test and wrangle up some criminals. It probably didn't help that my roof box has a few stickers and one for a section of Winter Park ski area as Mary Jane and another, NO PAIN NO JANE.
    Lesson learned- Made the critical mistake of entering another state with Colorado license plates. Since then, Colorado plate profiling became common practice, common knowledge.
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    Is that because the finger you broke is on the right hand?

There's a guy I work with, dresses all preppy (that was the term in my day), button down shirts and shit, but is big into hunting and other redneck (would be the term around here) stuff. Is that weird?
    no, i broke my left finger. it's been a rough couple of weeks!

Preppy redneck? yeah, kinda weird. I don't consider hunting a strictly redneck activity, but you said other stuff. I think of rednecks as people who use guns to do things like open windows.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

western NC
    no, i broke my left finger. it's been a rough couple of weeks!

Preppy redneck? yeah, kinda weird. I don't consider hunting a strictly redneck activity, but you said other stuff. I think of rednecks as people who use guns to do things like open windows.
    Yeah, I saw the pics, looks rough. LOL, yeah, I guess I could have chose better wording.

NDD
    mtbr member
    As a twin, I will verify that it is weird for twins to dress alike when they're older than probably 10. Sometimes it happens by accident though.
    dang

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    Made the critical mistake of...
    ...putting stickers on your crap that lets anyone who knows how to read know that you smoke weed.

The Co plates weren't the primary reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    ...putting stickers on your crap that lets anyone who knows how to read know that you smoke weed.

The Co plates weren't the primary reason.
    I live in Colorado and not everybody with a Colorado plate smokes weed. I do get a kick out of seeing out of state plates with people thinking they are cool by openly smoking while driving. They should really learn the laws before making a 1000 mile trip to this state just to freely smoke it. Just because it's legal here doesn't give you the right to openly smoke it in public and especially while driving.

mtbr member
    I live in Colorado and not everybody with a Colorado plate smokes weed.
    That's my point, a colorado plate does not mean "I smoke weed", but "pro weed stickers" generally mean "I smoke weed".

His assertion that he got pulled over for Co plates is wrong, he got pulled over for advertizing with stickers that he likes to smoke weed.

Co Springs

... and if we just ...

Okay I get it. You know I smoke weed because I ski at Winter Park.

Do I assume my "crap" is something stickers stick to or is it crap because you are not a fan of Yakima products?
    Tell me you didn't sneak into my garage to take a peek at it. Indeed, it does look crappiest when dirty ,, You got me there!

I ask because the roof rack systems even in the days I got it were about as costly as my first car.

Maybe you assert much of what I have is crap because you believe I smoke weed?

Here's the thing jbom,
    I admit to liking winter sports and skiing at Winter Park. Great snow and down to earth, friendly people. Heck go visit there for a time one of these days. It do you good and I can almost guarantee it'll rub off on you.
    I volunteered there for 5 years working the NSCD adaptive program for skiers with disabilities. Mount Mary Jane is one of the stickers I have picturing a Mtn Peak , nothing green and no leafy patterns. Another is a falling snowflake with flames as if a falling star or something and No Pain No Jane is black with yellow letters and to my mind, a ref to the more extreme side of the area where the wind has the chairlift at a 30 degree angle and the bumps there = pain for skiers like me. I'm just about 56 now, so as Trumps says; Believe ME !! P A I N

I have no idea if Officer Weed Whacker even seen the stickers before pulling me over but it's well known out this way that CO plates are profiled without regard to stickers or much anything else. He said so himself either believing or pretending to think everyone in CO loves weed, voted for it and smokes it, sells it or hauls it. I heard his entire rant and was offended. I'll still assert I was pulled over for legally defensible "probable cause" with the frame obscurity because he needed a reason to check out a vehicle and persons with Colorado plates. The Colorado plates fit the pattern of what's happening to many and I'm sure if he did see Mary Jane ski area decals, it could have played a role indeed.
    No assertions here though.... He put 2 and 2 together and found grampa doing the speed limit going back to MI to get a hand-made wooden baby changing table for our second grandson that was on the way.
    I don't smoke weed, I don't promote weed and I don't expect the Officer knows much about Winter Park ski area either. I wasn't upset about getting pulled over, it was the rant "ALL YOU blah blah blah."
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

Co Springs
    That's my point, a colorado plate does not mean "I smoke weed", but "pro weed stickers" generally mean "I smoke weed".

His assertion that he got pulled over for Co plates is wrong, he got pulled over for advertizing with stickers that he likes to smoke weed.
    Agreed, Pro weed stickers can make you a target but I say again- what I had was CO Plates.

I have some beer brand stickers on there too ... Fat Tire, Newcastle and Laughing Lab......

it's Really just a public service announcement; I'm D U I

Sorry, I probably skimmed some of his post.

mtbr member
    guarantee i'll rub off on you.
    Definitely weird!

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    As a twin, I will verify that it is weird for twins to dress alike when they're older than probably 10. Sometimes it happens by accident though.
    Right… you and your sister just happened to be wearing the same dress that night.

mtbr member
    Okay I get it. You know I smoke weed because I ski at Winter Park.
    If I understood it correctly, your previous post said you had a "Mary Jane" sticker, having other stickers that are not related to weed (winter park) doesn't matter.

Do I assume my "crap" is something stickers stick to or is it crap because you are not a fan of Yakima products?
    Tell me you didn't sneak into my garage to take a peek at it. Indeed, it does look crappiest when dirty ,, You got me there!
    Easy there cowboy, when I use the term "crap" it's synonymous with "stuff", not supposed to be an insult of any sort.

Maybe you assert much of what I have is crap because you believe I smoke weed?
    *yawn* I couldn't care less if you smoke weed and if you do that in no way affects my opinion of the value of your stuff, because I have no opinion on the value of your stuff.

Mount Mary Jane is one of the stickers
    The cop reads the words, and you got profiled, and pulled over, you can learn from the experience and remove the stickers, or not, doesn't make any difference to me.

The thing is I don't like to get treated like a police officer, so I don't dress like one, and as a result of this I have never been treated like a police officer. If I were to dress in a cop costume and people treated me like a cop I would be the only one to blame. If you put drug slang on your car and get pulled over who's fault is that?

it's well known out this way that CO plates are profiled without regard to stickers or much anything else.
    I've been a skateboarder for many many years, and while I've had my share of police interactions, I also learned long ago that there are ways to deal with cops and ways not to deal with them. IMO vehicles should be non descript, advertising your favorite beers on them, or having stickers that will be construed as "pro drug" (even if it is referring to a mountain) have no place on a car on public roads, IMO of course.

Everybody is of course free to adorn their cars with whatever they want, and I'll continue to drive all over the country unhassled by the cops because I don't adorn my vehicles.

Co Springs
    Definitely weird!
    Hah ! I've got another one flirting with me!

Nice [QUOTE] voodoo !

Okay I get it. You know I smoke weed because I ski at Winter Park / Mary Jane.

I have no idea if Officer Weed Whacker even seen the stickers before pulling me over but it's well known out this way that CO plates are profiled without regard to stickers or much anything else. He said so himself either believing or pretending to think everyone in CO loves weed, voted for it and smokes it, sells it or hauls it. I heard his entire rant and was offended. I'll still assert I was pulled over for legally defensible "probable cause" with the frame obscurity because he needed a reason to check out a vehicle and persons with Colorado plates. The Colorado plates fit the pattern of what's happening to many and I'm sure if he did see Mary Jane ski area decals, it could have played a role indeed.

I shortened your post and added in the word Mary Jane. I grew up in Colorado and I am obviously way older than you. To start off, just so the unfamiliar people reading this know because you didn't describe, Winter Park ski resort has another mountain connected with it called "Mary Jane". And has been named that for some 40 some or more years. The Winter park side is for families with mostly green beginner slopes to blue intermediate slopes. The Mary Jane mountain is expert Black Diamond to triple Black Diamond only. I spent every weekend of the winter months from age 14 to age age 27 on the Mary Jane side.

Sure I hit other resorts but my stomping ground was the Mary Jane mountain. This was back in the late 70's to late 80's. Probably before you were born.

The fact that the mountain is called Mary Jane may be because many a joint was smoked on that mountain by its forefathers. But the cops associating a ski sticker to a pot smoker speaks volumes of ignorance with our young cops. Pulling one over for a ski sticker and Colorado plates, give me a break. You must have been doing something wrong for him to pull you over.

Wanna ride bikes?
    know what's weird? the weird thread turn into a weird argument.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

NDD
    mtbr member
    Right… you and your sister just happened to be wearing the same dress that night.
    Nah my twin brother...and I wore the dress better
    dang

mtbr member
    Pulling one over for a ski sticker and Colorado plates, give me a break. You must have been doing something wrong for him to pull you over.
    I bet the cop didn't know it was a ski sticker.

Co Springs
    If I understood it correctly, your previous post said you had a "Mary Jane" sticker, having other stickers that are not related to weed (winter park) doesn't matter.

The cop reads the words, and you got profiled, and pulled over, you can learn from the experience and remove the stickers, or not, doesn't make any difference to me.

The thing is I don't like to get treated like a police officer, so I don't dress like one, and as a result of this I have never been treated like a police officer. If I were to dress in a cop costume and people treated me like a cop I would be the only one to blame. If you put drug slang on your car and get pulled over who's fault is that?

I've been a skateboarder for many many years, and while I've had my share of police interactions, I also learned long ago that there are ways to deal with cops and ways not to deal with them. IMO vehicles should be non descript, advertising your favorite beers on them, or having stickers that will be construed as "pro drug" (even if it is referring to a mountain) have no place on a car on public roads, IMO of course.

Everybody is of course free to adorn their cars with whatever they want, and I'll continue to drive all over the country unhassled by the cops because I don't adorn my vehicles.
    I do understand your points here and in the many years of driving, I've had a few interactions with LEO, and presumably got their attention by some action deserving of it. Always, I mean every time, they were completely professional and I respect the career they have chosen, the dangers and exposure. Sometimes it was a fine other times a warning but I can honestly say this was the only turd (IMO) in the bunch. That's a lot of miles and a span of 1976 to present I guess. When I put it that way I feel pretty fortunate.

I've never thought of it til now but in retrospect, he caught up to me as I was driving within the posted speeds and would not have had the opportunity to see any decals until he was next to me. Perking his interest was one of two things or the combination, my plate frame partly blocking the lower edge of COLORADO and the Colorado plates identifying me as 'One of Those'.

No doubt he could have seen the decals once he paced me for a few seconds and further perked his interest possibly confirming he had a good shot at the weedman. This really best explains his rabid sermon on Colorado being the pit of growth and source of mj as all 7 million of us might eat it, cook it, sniff it, sell, grow or use it for pillow stuffing. He was truly trounced at coming up empty-handed and must have had difficulty holding it in. I should have enjoyed the humor of it rather than being annoyed at his blathering.

Co Springs
    I shortened your post and added in the word Mary Jane. I grew up in Colorado and I am obviously way older than you. To start off, just so the unfamiliar people reading this know because you didn't describe, Winter Park ski resort has another mountain connected with it called "Mary Jane". And has been named that for some 40 some or more years. The Winter park side is for families with mostly green beginner slopes to blue intermediate slopes. The Mary Jane mountain is expert Black Diamond to triple Black Diamond only. I spent every weekend of the winter months from age 14 to age age 27 on the Mary Jane side.

Sure I hit other resorts but my stomping ground was the Mary Jane mountain. This was back in the late 70's to late 80's. Probably before you were born.

The fact that the mountain is called Mary Jane may be because many a joint was smoked on that mountain by its forefathers. But the cops associating a ski sticker to a pot smoker speaks volumes of ignorance with our young cops. Pulling one over for a ski sticker and Colorado plates, give me a break. You must have been doing something wrong for him to pull you over.
    Thanks for the editing and clarifications DJ, good call.

I was born in '61 , moved here from MI in 1993. Worked (volunteer) NSDC SitSKI/para- ski late 90's to 04 or something.

This;
    "Pulling one over for a ski sticker and Colorado plates, give me a break. You must have been doing something wrong for him to pull you over."

Not sure if you are being funny or not but I truly had a plate frame that slightly covered only part of the lettering on the bottom of the CO "sunset plate". Imagine the bottom half of the letters COLORADO blocked. It was still quite easy to read.

It's true and this is what he told me. When pulled over, it's typical the officer will note any and everything they can put as a violation so that was it. He caught up to me to check things out and the CO plate is the only thing he could see until he got up next to me. I do believe he seen the plate and wanted to find the PC to pull me over. The frame was it. Of course, as jackbombay mentions the MARY JANE stickers too and it's very likely that was fuel to the fire. CO plates = poss mj. Mary Jane stickers (2) ? Even Lt Columbo couldn't walk by that.

Co Springs
    know what's weird? the weird thread turn into a weird argument.
    No kidding... didn't even get a ticket and now I'm more than reliving the episode....
    Probably best I source some proof of CO plate profiling. I thought people here knew of it happening.

Co Springs

Can easily remove the decals but here in CO and as DJ points out Winter Park / Mary Jane is a known entity. I guess the locals and PD see ski gear or carriers with resort names and know it for what it is. Most Michigan trips are by airlines thankfully.

As a skateboarder with your share of Police interactions, were they a result of logos or anything that clued them into you or simply a different form of profiling ?

On my last few trips to MI, anytime I meet someone that hears we are from Colorado, the first subject up is questions about mj or the laws or how I feel about it. I'm afraid it's pretty well defined the state in many minds.

** ADDED; License plate profiling typed in as google search brings up page one of 10 ref stories exclusive to Colorado/marijuana over the past 2 -3 years.

High Desert MTBer
    Weird argument indeed! And no one thought my 2 simultaneous punctures were just a little odd?!?
    It's all Here. Now.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Weird argument indeed! And no one thought my 2 simultaneous punctures were just a little odd?!?
    Very good timing, PLEEZE take over !!

Very good timing, PLEEZE take over !!

mtbr member
    No kidding... didn't even get a ticket and now I'm more than reliving the episode....
    Probably best I source some proof of CO plate profiling. I thought people here knew of it happening.
    What's weird is that you would leave CO and come back to Michigan on PURPOSE! - If even only for a visit.
    Howell, Michigan

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scot_douglas View Post
    What's weird is that you would leave CO and come back to Michigan on PURPOSE! - If even only for a visit.
    Michigan doesn't seem too bad...depending on where you're at. I'm visiting Sleeping Bear Dunes this summer so that should be fun.
    dang

mtbr member
    Upper Peninsula is a very cool area. Supper neat geology, and while not a lot of elevation, the biking is damn fun. Just leave your "ski" stickers at home punk!

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by scot_douglas View Post
    I know Too many years there. It's always 'home' and lots of family there. Many getting into their 70's and 80's so we try to get back often.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Michigan doesn't seem too bad...depending on where you're at. I'm visiting Sleeping Bear Dunes this summer so that should be fun.
    Traverse City area really nice. You can't go wrong up that way.

Co Springs
    Upper Peninsula is a very cool area. Supper neat geology, and while not a lot of elevation, the biking is damn fun. Just leave your "ski" stickers at home punk!
    Leaving my stickers.... How am I gonna write up my next adventure?

Truthfully, most stickers hats and tee shirt slogans I see in MI take crass and lowbrow to new depths.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Traverse City area really nice. You can't go wrong up that way.
    Noted. I'll be working at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore so I'll have plenty of time for forays into Michigan and maybe Wisconsin or central Illinois. Plenty of botanizing and bicycling to be done.
    dang

western NC
    So, I'm having to send my new fork back to Manitou. Reason being, two of the adjusters don't have the adjustment range they should, and the fork is really harsh, even 20psi below suggested pressures. I took delivery of the fork last Friday, and contacted them on Monday. Apparently I have to pay to ship a fork to them that never should have passed QC in the first place, and I'm pretty annoyed by that. Is that weird on my part? Or have I just been spoiled by companies with outstanding customer service?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    Apparently I have to pay to ship a fork to them that never should have passed QC in the first place
    And you have to spend time packing and shipping it and you will be without a functioning bike for a couple weeks.

When companies don't do anything to make it right when they waste my time/money and make it o my toys don't work I do my best to no longer buy their products.

western NC
    Well, I still have the old fork, so I can still ride. But yes, labor time, drive time and expense to the UPS place, etc. And if I had to pay a shop to do all this (and many would), there's that expense as well. If it was six months old or something, well okay, I kinda get it. But on a brand new item? That shit grinds my gears.

mtbr member
    twins that dress alike over 50? but it was pure accident. is that weird?

My father and my uncle

The Official "Is this weird" thread...-20151102_095356_zps1yxt2bmh.jpg
    Dont make me go all Jonathan Winters on this gas station.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post

My father and my uncle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151102_095356_zps1yxt2bmh.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	1127773
    I'm telling you sometimes it just happens. Then everyone wants to get in your face about twin stuff.
    dang

Cycologist

My father and my uncle

Name:	20151102_095356_zps1yxt2bmh.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	1127773
    Are they colorblind?

mtbr member
    I think it is because they wear the same types of clothing, work similar jobs, one takes care of the house on the east side, the other takes care of the house the west. I think its funny. or weird.

I think it is because they wear the same types of clothing, work similar jobs, one takes care of the house on the east side, the other takes care of the house the west. I think its funny. or weird.
    Are the gang leaders?

****** to the dirt
    I find it weird that DJ didn't start this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

Cycologist
    Are the gang leaders?
    Are the gang leaders what?

Now no going back and fixing that DJ!

Are the gang leaders what?

Now no going back and fixing that DJ!
    Lol
    A slip of the finger on my phone. Please can I fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    I find it weird that DJ didn't start this thread.
    I find it weird that few others do. The doors wide open for new thread topics. A little initiative never hurt anyone.

This thread has serious potential for the record books. Even though it's still in its infantile stages. Go back and read. Great potential, get in there and join the fun.

Here I go: Let's see, looking back, how about male twins dressing alike past a certain age? It is what it is, right? Who are we to judge others? Unless of course you are a male twin past a certain age.

High Desert MTBer
    Is it weird that my post about the merits, or lack, of the Upper Peninsula, was removed by someone?!?

I just don't much care for it OK?

Now, back to those aliens...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    I just gave my dog a bath. The dog shampoo advertises not tested on animals. Shouldn't it be tested on at least dogs? Who signs up for a clinical test of animal shampoo? is that weird?

The Official "Is this weird" thread...-smore-bath.jpg

Cycologist
    Is it weird that TheGweed started this thread, posted a couple of times and then seems to have skipped out? Maybe he does think I'm weird for that "I'm not stalking you" post?

Pipe Dreamer
    Is it weird that TheGweed started this thread, posted a couple of times and then seems to have skipped out? Maybe he does think I'm weird for that "I'm not stalking you" post?
    No, he has done this before.
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cycologist
    Lol
    A slip of the finger on my phone. Please can I fix it?
    Oh, go ahead.

I never post from my phone. If I did, it would be worse than that.

Co Springs
    I just gave my dog a bath. The dog shampoo advertises not tested on animals. Shouldn't it be tested on at least dogs? Who signs up for a clinical test of animal shampoo? is that weird?

Name:	smore bath.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	1127862
    Well now you can send in the necessary credentials. You've tested it on your own dog . Way to step up !
    You didn't say any of that out loud in front of your dog ... right? I ask because the dog looks a bit unsettled.