Off-camber- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 137 of 137

Thread: Off-camber

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090

    Off-camber

    I've been contemplating this term and context in this forum and I'm not entirely sure if the 'title' refers to the topics being outside of the ordinary or its participants.
    This is an important distinction, as there are some sets that can be distinguished from one another but not necessarily separated.

    The result not necessarily balanced.

  2. #2
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774

    Off-camber

    It's for the people. We are nuts.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  3. #3
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Ever hear of a bloke called Tone's, there's answer enough.

  4. #4
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    Well the term off camber refers to off topic. As in not bike related. But it's rather ironic as off camber is a term used in mountain biking,and MX. The term is referrng to the angle of a hill and how it slopes. It is also used in golf referring to the angle of the ground and how it slopes. Do yourself a favor and just don't overthink it and go with it. As you can see most of us that frequent this forum are a bit off camber ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hang 21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    311
    If yer on yer bikie and going into a turn real fast-like, yer all happy and stuff if it's a kind of banked upwerds 2werds the outside of the turn so you can go all fast and stuff. If it actually slopes down word, there's a higher degree of bustassability and you hafta kind of pucker yer sphincter so u don't slide out.

    That's wut off camber is. Glad I could help.

  6. #6
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang 21 View Post
    If yer on yer bikie and going into a turn real fast-like, yer all happy and stuff if it's a kind of banked upwerds 2werds the outside of the turn so you can go all fast and stuff. If it actually slopes down word, there's a higher degree of bustassability and you hafta kind of pucker yer sphincter so u don't slide out.
    That's wut off camber is. Glad I could help:




    That's a pretty funny explanation but bzzzzzzt wrong. The term refers to the slope angle of a hill. If the hill or ground is consistantly going in a certain angle of desccent,and it,all of a sudden changes angle to the left or right then it is "off camber" to the left or right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  7. #7
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774

    Off-camber

    Which is better on trails with lots of off camber turns-- 26", 27.5, 29er, 32er, or a fatty?
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  8. #8
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Which is better on trails with lots of off camber turns-- 26", 27.5, 29er, 32er, or a fatty?
    Obviously a 26'er as it has more flickability due to the smaller wheel size. But opinions vary. Road House highlights 04 - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hang 21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    311
    [QUOTE=DIRTJUNKIE;10547617]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang 21 View Post
    If yer on yer bikie and going into a turn real fast-like, yer all happy and stuff if it's a kind of banked upwerds 2werds the outside of the turn so you can go all fast and stuff. If it actually slopes down word, there's a higher degree of bustassability and you hafta kind of pucker yer sphincter so u don't slide out.
    That's wut off camber is. Glad I could help. [/
    QUOTE]

    That's a pretty funny explanation but bzzzzzzt wrong. The term refers to the slope angle of a hill. If the hill or ground is consistantly is going in a certain angle of desccent,and it,all of a sudden changes angle to the left or right then it is "off camber" to the left or right.
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Which is better on trails with lots of off camber turns-- 26", 27.5, 29er, 32er, or a fatty?
    A full-rigid 69er motocross trials bike with a dropper post.

  10. #10
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    [QUOTE=Hang 21;10547646]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang 21

    Yeah, that's what I meant. :skep.
    Glad you came to your senses.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  11. #11
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,122
    Wait what was the question again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    Wait what was the question again?
    There was no question.

  13. #13
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    There was no question.
    So there's no answer?

  14. #14
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774
    The answer is in the question

  15. #15
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    but there's no question

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    I'm beginning to question where this is going
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Of camber trails mess with my head on night rides. I feel like im gona fall off the cliff at the edge of my light cone. You know, the cliff that isnt there when I shine the light on it?

    Basically its like plumbing, only mowing the lawn.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hang 21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    311
    My head just exploded.

  19. #19
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Basically its like plumbing, only mowing the lawn.
    Most sensible thing I've read today

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    You guys are over thinking.
    I think.

  21. #21
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774

    Off-camber

    I think, therefore I am
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  22. #22
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    I'm beginning to question where this is going



    Nowhere is the correct answer.

  23. #23
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Everyone knows this is nowhere

  24. #24
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,467
    Camber refers to the place east of London of that name, which is an odd place with odd inhabitants. Being 'Off Camber', means that you are basically offshore of Camber in a boat, which would put you very close to running aground on the infamous 'Camber Sands', therefore close to being f**ked, which describes most of the people and what goes on here admirably... Not in the biblical sense of course...

    I think...
    It's all Here. Now.

  25. #25
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Is Camber a suburb of Cambridge ?

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    THINK like I do
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  27. #27
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774

    Off-camber

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Nowhere is the correct answer.
    I live in the middle of nowhere. I'll put a pot of coffee on for when everyone starts arriving.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  28. #28
    Pipe Dreamer
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,348
    "You may be wondering what Off Camber is. By definition it means, “Away from what is considered normal, regular, or standard” or “Does not follow a level, smooth, or straight course.” We take it to mean that we are Mountain Bikers and Cyclists who like to get together in an organized manner and throw each other a beat down from time to time"

    This was taken from offcambercycling.com, I think it's a fitting definition.

    ABOUT

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    "You may be wondering what Off Camber is. By definition it means, “Away from what is considered normal, regular, or standard” or “Does not follow a level, smooth, or straight course.” We take it to mean that we are Mountain Bikers and Cyclists who like to get together in an organized manner and throw each other a beat down from time to time"

    Bingo cornfield. You found the root definition and what I was hinting at.

    This was taken from offcambercycling.com, I think it's a fitting definition.

    ABOUT
    Bingo cornfield. You found the root definition and what I was hinting at.

  30. #30
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  31. #31
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Alright, off-camber means downwerd, slopey somehow towards who and why (sometimes how), but there is SO much T&A that you get Crazy with the WTF stuff and turn into an Odd story about rim tape all the while asking an Aussie sh*t that is all a conspiracy. It's complicated.. I know.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    Don't forget the epic camping trips
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  33. #33
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Oh yes.. and camping, brownies eaten, too small genital rings, K9 feces munching, Stinky shorts, and mind blowing sh*t. lots going on with off camber...
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  34. #34
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    Oh yes.. and camping, brownies eaten, too small genital rings, K9 feces munching, Stinky shorts, and mind blowing sh*t. lots going on with off camber...
    We even have a thread for Hook Ups.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,727
    Just post what you want and don't sweat the
    small sh*t.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Don't forget the epic camping trips
    BTW, when's the next camping trip. I have a box of brownie mix ready to go.

  37. #37
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    I have a box of brownie mix ready to go.
    THIS!!! Suggestive euphemisms and double-entendres...
    It's all Here. Now.

  38. #38
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    THINK like I do
    Think Green? That doesn't sound like you Brewt??!?
    It's all Here. Now.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,740

    Off-camber

    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Think Green? That doesn't sound like you Brewt??!?
    Just putting an emphasis on the think part. Don't read too much into it.
    This will be a future signature line, however, I'm liking the current one.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Mulling over with sometimes deep self-connective cogitation. This sort of thing generally requires a few years in order to reach some functional level of integration.
    Pretty much 180 degrees from jerking knee or serial TV show induced 'group think'.
    I hope that helps, yosemite.
    Quote Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
    Ok, you already lost me.

  41. #41
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    As I said earlier and this thread proves it. "Most that frequent this forum are a bit off camber"just don't over think it and you will be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  42. #42
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    I've been contemplating this term and context in this forum and I'm not entirely sure if the 'title' refers to the topics being outside of the ordinary or its participants.
    This is an important distinction, as there are some sets that can be distinguished from one another but not necessarily separated.

    The result not necessarily balanced.
    Who is this guy and where did he come from? is he a lawyer?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

  43. #43
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Who is this guy and where did he come from? is he a lawyer?
    Or a politician

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Now that is funny.
    This guy is basically a carpenter with a cupla years of 'higher' education.
    :-)
    Politician? That ius even more funny.
    The most deficit creature on the planet is one and the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Who is this guy and where did he come from? is he a lawyer?

  45. #45
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    Now that is funny.
    This guy is basically a carpenter with a cupla years of 'higher' education.
    :-)
    Politician? That ius even more funny.
    The most deficit creature on the planet is one and the other.
    Does this mean you educated with MJ ?

  46. #46
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    We got it all....turtles, saddle sores, obsessive behavior/word games, trains, ghost town, movies, music, comedians, rim tape, most interseting man in the world, ,crazy azzed neighbors,Chum Lee moments, stinky shorts, penis rings, camping trips, brownies, raccoons with human like hands, pets off leash, I don't give a Rats Ass rendition, Hawgs bike thread in the non bike related forum volume 1,2 &3, hook up thread, wrong length ropes in cliff jumps, crazy's crazy thread, crazy shark movies, golfers visiting while their site is down, motorcycles, cars, what besides the obvious would you want to have, musclecars, saturday night live skits, bike porn, rollercoaster tragedies, So thread volume 1 & 2, say something to the person above, best electric razor, WTF new's stories in your area, funny commercials, best music for the
    summer, mind blowing photo thread, best gifs, say
    something to tone or nicole or whoever threads,
    zombie, ufo, inventions the good the bad the ugly,
    cool coffee mugs, new hobbies, best miter
    saw, NASCAR, Bigfoot, Hookers & rim job's.....did I forget anything. Yes the O.C. has everything even a thread questioning the true meaning of Off Camber. Who da thunk.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-21-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  47. #47
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774

    Off-camber

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    It's for the people. We are nuts.
    In light of DJ's response above, I'm providing my original comment again for brevity.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  48. #48
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    In light of DJ's response above, I'm providing my original comment again for brevity.
    Dirty Elvis...Thank You Very Much - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    We got it all....turtles, saddle sores, obsessive behavior/word games, trains, ghost town, movies, music, comedians, rim tape, most interseting man in the world, ,crazy azzed neighbors,Chum Lee moments, stinky shorts, penis rings, camping trips, brownies, raccoons with human like hands, pets off leash, I don't give a Rats Ass rendition, Hawgs bike thread in the non bike related forum volume 1,2 &3, hook up thread, wrong length ropes in cliff jumps, crazy's crazy thread, crazy shark movies, golfers visiting while their site is down, motorcycles, cars, what besides the obvious would you want to have, musclecars, saturday night live skits, bike porn, rollercoaster tragedies, So thread volume 1 & 2, say something to the person above, best electric razor, WTF new's stories in your area, funny commercials, best music for the
    summer, mind blowing photo thread, best gifs, say something to tone or nicole or whoever threads, zombie, ufo, inventions the good the bad the ugly, cool coffee mugs, new hobbies, best miter saw......did I forget anything. Yes the O.C. has everything even a thread questioning the true meaning of Off Camber. Who da thunk.
    Don't forget bigfoot.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Don't forget bigfoot.
    And NASCAR. We have NASCAR.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Ah--but the term is supposed to be the articulation of a form and discussion brings out the objective 'coloration' of what may have as many hues and varying depth as what can be found in the love of ones' life.
    Quote Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
    I don't waste my time in the contemplation of terms. It is the form of a thing that I find most fascinating.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    Ah--but the term is supposed to be the articulation of a form and discussion brings out the objective 'coloration' of what may have as many hues and varying depth as what can be found in the love of ones' life.
    You are a lawyer aren't you?
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    No--I am a carpenter and tomorrow will be finishing some trim and staining 13 new casement windows installed in a sunroom...then a ride. Ride 6 on new Yeti.
    :-) I love this bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    You are a lawyer aren't you?

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    I would add that it is in contemplation of a thing that one may understand or 'know' as well as experience that thing.
    We are made to find and appreciate the experience and the knowing of it. These are two things that at times cannot be separated and yet there can be a distinction drawn between them. I can experience a thing and also come to understand it; whether by contemplation or explanation. Even the hearing of an explanation needs to be followed with contemplation, to make it ones' own.

    Just sayin'.

    Quote Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
    Such eloquence is quite refreshing!

    So then, the term is irrelevant if it fails in any respect to capture the form. This is why I do not waste any time contemplating such abstractions. I can behold beauty, and love, and wisdom as well as their counterparts. What good does it do to imprison these things in mere contemplation, if I fail in any respect to fully capture the true nature of their existence?

  55. #55
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Off Camber is actually short for "Officially Pre-Cambrian Life Form" referring to the fact that we are all a bunch of imbosols here.

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    Truth is that the Off camber Forum is actually called Often. Its just an issue with how some people pronounce often.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  57. #57
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    ^That is not the truth, it is a lie!

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,740
    Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Often Off-Camber, but nearly always interesting.

  60. #60
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    It isn't? Where else can I find it?

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Wondering aloud, so to speak as to the possible why's....the forum is named 'Off Camber' and the personalities taking part in it.
    It is impossible for humans to be unbiased about anything. Our linear existence and means of understanding a thing by concatenation makes that certain. Anything else is delusion. However, I am quite happy in my own delusions...thank you very much.
    :-)

  62. #62
    live long and huck
    Reputation: Optimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,568
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    We got it all....turtles, saddle sores, obsessive behavior/word games, trains, ghost town, movies, music, comedians, rim tape, most interseting man in the world, ,crazy azzed neighbors,Chum Lee moments, stinky shorts, penis rings, camping trips, brownies, raccoons with human like hands, pets off leash, I don't give a Rats Ass rendition, Hawgs bike thread in the non bike related forum volume 1,2 &3, hook up thread, wrong length ropes in cliff jumps, crazy's crazy thread, crazy shark movies, golfers visiting while their site is down, motorcycles, cars, what besides the obvious would you want to have, musclecars, saturday night live skits, bike porn, rollercoaster tragedies, So thread volume 1 & 2, say something to the person above, best electric razor, WTF new's stories in your area, funny commercials, best music for the
    summer, mind blowing photo thread, best gifs, say something to tone or nicole or whoever threads, zombie, ufo, inventions the good the bad the ugly, cool coffee mugs, new hobbies, best miter saw......did I forget anything. Yes the O.C. has everything even a thread questioning the true meaning of Off Camber. Who da thunk.
    You forgot the hookers. And rim jobs.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
    Such are the deeds of a carpenter, but neither are you limited to these remedial tasks as defined by the term. For example, a carpenter might also call himself/herself an artist, or a designer.
    Or Jesus.

    Hey, who let all the socks in here?

  64. #64
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Don't forget bigfoot.



    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    And NASCAR. We have NASCAR.


    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    You forgot the hookers. And rim jobs.
    I amended it, now please feel free to let me know what else I forgot.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-22-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  65. #65
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    why's....the forum is named 'Off Camber' and the personalities taking part in it.
    The link below is part of the reason why "new guy". Honestly the way you type/respond reminds me of this one member. Code name "prodical-son". Is that you?

    https://forums.mtbr.com/passion/help...um-774678.html

    Why do we take part in this sub-forum. Well, because talking about bikes on a bike forum gets old fast. For some of us at least.

    Good day, sir.

    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by yosemite View Post
    Are you not a "sock" by pure definition of the term?
    Only in the eyes of an Aristotelian.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    One of my favorite movies of all time...JJ Lives!
    You were correct at first. I am a new guy, not a lawyer and not that other guy.
    I would have voted for either off camber or trailhead.
    I thought I'd have some fun because I'm a wee off-camber myself.
    Making fun and having it, too.

    Yeti Love. Has the makings of a religion.
    :-)
    I read the link. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    The link below is part of the reason why "new guy". Honestly the way you type/respond reminds me of this one member. Code name "prodical-son". Is that you?

    https://forums.mtbr.com/passion/help...um-774678.html

    Why do we take part in this sub-forum. Well, because talking about bikes on a bike forum gets old fast. For some of us at least.

    Good day, sir.


  68. #68
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    I would add that it is in contemplation of a thing that one may understand or 'know' as well as experience that thing.
    We are made to find and appreciate the experience and the knowing of it. These are two things that at times cannot be separated and yet there can be a distinction drawn between them. I can experience a thing and also come to understand it; whether by contemplation or explanation. Even the hearing of an explanation needs to be followed with contemplation, to make it ones' own.

    Just sayin'.
    This is an amazing pontification. To quote the great Taggart in blazing saddles "God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore."

  69. #69
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,840
    exploding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Off-camber-exploding_head-syndrome-600x462.jpg  


  70. #70
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Off-camber

    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    ... I thought I'd have some fun because I'm a wee off-camber myself.
    Making fun and having it, too.

    Yeti Love. Has the makings of a religion.
    :-)
    I read the link. Thanks.
    Life is rich, absorb all you can, yet quit over-thinking (contemplating) things, as timing is everything, and too often life will pass you by. IMO ditch the dog friendly name, and adopt $20HO.



    (by phone)

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    I've been contemplating this term and context


    You, Think too much.....
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Mildly interesting, but not unusual.

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Yes, life is rich and I have lived it fully and hope to continue, but my friend--"thinking" does not get in the way, but rather is part and parcel to and enhances the adventure. In the cold and quiet nights your thoughts can take you places to shiver the timbers.
    "Thinking" may be shameful to some, but there was a time when this was not so.
    I've met many people who fain dullness because they think its cool. I hope that isn't you.
    Anyway--along with many things, I love words and crafting them and amuse myself with practicing the same. To each his own. How does that offend? I wonder.
    I write songs as well and words are a lot of fun to play with. I enjoy it a great deal.

    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain..."
    Roy (Blade Runner)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Life is rich, absorb all you can, yet quit over-thinking (contemplating) things, as timing is everything, and too often life will pass you by. IMO ditch the dog friendly name, and adopt $20HO.



    (by phone)

  74. #74
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Anyone have a spare thesaurus I can borrow to try to understand Setterdude? haha.... Your killing me smalls... killing me.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  75. #75
    El Gato Malo
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    Anyone have a spare thesaurus I can borrow to try to understand Setterdude?
    It is becoming a little old, time to unsubscribe.

  76. #76
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,122
    I think he is writing a self help book, to help himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

  77. #77
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Off-camber

    ^ Believe $20HO has long been contemplating writing aforementioned self-help guide for the vividly verbose.

    Instead of seeking assistance to silence the demons, he/she suffers long, cold lonely nights occupied only by a beautiful mind...

    and the sound of fap, fap, fap... (or schlick, schlick, schlick.)

    (by phone)

  78. #78
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,467
    Boy! Is it ever cold in here!!! So much for the OC being a welcoming sort of place! Amazing how some pretty words scare people!
    It's all Here. Now.

  79. #79
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Well, i gots this here slope on my forehead what makes highbrow conversation bounce over. Its not so much that them there perdy words scare me, its the headache they cause when i dun try to figure out what that feller meant.

    I recon if he dropped a timely poop joke we might be more accommodatin.

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,211
    Can a poop joke be overwrought and still be considered a poop joke?

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    "off camber" would have been a decent title if not idiot'ed with the explanation about what it is.

  82. #82
    rubber side down
    Reputation: TAOS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    514
    Off Camber is a place for all the old school mtbr regs to talk about pointless stuff like sniffing nics bike shorts, trying to not talk about wheel size, their epic daily rides, padding their psot count and constantly bringing up the mtbr glory days...back when this place was fun and exciting....they are a fairly cliquey bunch that don't take kindly to strange new people trying to mix it up a bit.... :golfclap:
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    You must be really bored if you have read this entire post.

  83. #83
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by TAOS1 View Post
    Off Camber is a place for all the old school mtbr regs to talk about pointless stuff like sniffing nics bike shorts, trying to not talk about wheel size, their epic daily rides, padding their psot count and constantly bringing up the mtbr glory days...back when this place was fun and exciting....they are a fairly cliquey bunch
    that don't take kindly to strange new people trying
    to mix it up a bit.... :golfclap:
    Pretty true up.till your last sentence. Not cliquey at all and are all pretty laid back. Most everyone
    welcomes newcomers with open arm's. They just
    have to be a slight bit off camber themselves to be
    able to hang. In fact this is the only forum here
    that you won't find members bantering back and
    forth with hard headed views. That is one of the
    main reason's most hang here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  84. #84
    Pipe Dreamer
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,348
    Got a little story to share about over-thinking things:

    In my 20's I worked for a painting company that did mostly high end custom "trophy houses" or "Mc mansions" as we would call them.I was told pretty quickly after being hired that I was thinking too much and just needed to paint! I was told this by the boss,and the whole crew.Fast forward a year later and I'm the go-to guy for all the specialty jobs that required a lot of thought to complete.It was nice to be able to walk past the crew slaving away at all the monotonous,boring,and physically demanding jobs on my way to do a job that was easy,but needed to be thought through.And...I got paid more than the others

  85. #85
    Killer b.
    Reputation: The Understater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,522
    Back when Francois was asking for names for the new off topic forumI thought we should call it the 'The Water Cooler' in honor of Mike Ferrentino who once in his Santa Cruz blog referred to mtbr as "The global water cooler of bullshit and misinformation" but I didn't think Francois would appreciate the reference.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

  86. #86
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,122
    Quote Originally Posted by TAOS1 View Post
    Off Camber is a place for all the old school mtbr regs to talk about pointless stuff like sniffing nics bike shorts, trying to not talk about wheel size, their epic daily rides, padding their psot count and constantly bringing up the mtbr glory days...back when this place was fun and exciting....they are a fairly cliquey bunch that don't take kindly to strange new people trying to mix it up a bit.... :golfclap:
    not true there are new people here that have been welcomed with open arms. Take me I am fairly new (been here for nearly a year) and I have no issues with any one here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

  87. #87
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Off Camber is the only forum that noobs will not be mercilessly beaten about the head and shoulders. Go try that out in the 29er or All Mountain forum. OCers just do not suffer azzholes very well.

  88. #88
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by TAOS1 View Post
    Off Camber is a place for all the old school mtbr regs to talk about pointless stuff like sniffing nics bike shorts, trying to not talk about wheel size, their epic daily rides, padding their psot count and constantly bringing up the mtbr glory days...back when this place was fun and exciting....they are a fairly cliquey bunch
    that don't take kindly to strange new people trying
    to mix it up a bit.... :golfclap:
    Pretty true up.till your last sentence. Not cliquey at all and are all pretty laid back. Most everyone
    welcomes newcomers with open arm's. They just
    have to be a slight bit off camber themselves to be
    able to hang. In fact this is the only forum here
    that you won't find members bantering back and
    forth with hard headed views. That is one of the
    main reason's most hang here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  89. #89
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    ^^^^ Time warp post?

  90. #90
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,122
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Pretty true up.till your last sentence. Not cliquey at all and are all pretty laid back. Most everyone
    welcomes newcomers with open arm's. They just
    have to be a slight bit off camber themselves to be
    able to hang. In fact this is the only forum here
    that you won't find members bantering back and
    forth with hard headed views. That is one of the
    main reason's most hang here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    ^^^^ Time warp post?
    or seniors moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

  91. #91
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,349
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    This is an amazing pontification. To quote the great Taggart in blazing saddles "God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore."
    Ha,ha here ya go...
    From Blazing saddles - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skullcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    923
    The difference between off camber and off camber just seems like a distinction without a difference. At least around here anyway.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    I'm recovering. The new Yeti is a significant contributor.

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    It's time for the return of the once ubiquitous, but oft of late maligned gallus.

  95. #95
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    I'm trying to recover from 10 straight days of work but I'm wasting my time trying because I still have 3 more days of work ahead of me until I finally get a break.

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    I gave up working too hard. I pace myself these days.
    Word.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  97. #97
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    In try to work three days per week, unfortunately I have to work four this week. Hope I can cope.

  98. #98
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    I gave up working too hard. I pace myself these days.
    Word.
    When you are self employed and owner/operator of a business single handedly AND do property management on the side, it's hard NOT TO WORK.

    D$, you spoiled bastard! Get a job!!!

  99. #99
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    A couple of months ago I had to work five days in one week. It was so brutal that I had to take the next week off in it's entirety. Hope I don't have a relapse.

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    When you are self employed and owner/operator of a business single handedly AND do property management on the side, it's hard NOT TO WORK.

    D$, you spoiled bastard! Get a job!!!
    Been there and done that.
    Word.
    If it takes more than 40 then make changes.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  101. #101
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    A couple of months ago I had to work five days in one week. It was so brutal that I had to take the next week off in it's entirety. Hope I don't have a relapse.
    My business has grown to the point where I need a hired hand. Duties include heavy lifting all day and bending into all sorts of unbalanced positions to reach awkward areas. You wanna commute into Los Angeles for the other two days a week to make it a full work week for ya? I do not pay any benefits and you are required to use your own vehicle/gas for work. Wutcha think???

  102. #102
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    Been there and done that.
    Word.
    If it takes more than 40 then make changes.
    Actually I doubt I work a total of 40 hours per week. More like 30 if that between both jobs. But after 15 years of heavy lifting for my business, my body is becoming ever increasingly worn out and that is no joke.

  103. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Actually I doubt I work a total of 40 hours per week. More like 30 if that between both jobs. But after 15 years of heavy lifting for my business, my body is becoming ever increasingly worn out and that is no joke.
    Believe me when I say that I understand.
    And then some, my friend.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  104. #104
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    Believe me when I say that I understand.
    And then some, my friend.
    Cool, I am in good company here.
    Word.

  105. #105
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    My business has grown to the point where I need a hired hand. Duties include heavy lifting all day and bending into all sorts of unbalanced positions to reach awkward areas. You wanna commute into Los Angeles for the other two days a week to make it a full work week for ya? I do not pay any benefits and you are required to use your own vehicle/gas for work. Wutcha think???



    Well now that you mention it, I might be feeling something coming on. Headache, woozy, generally tired.

  106. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Cool, I am in good company here.
    Word.
    :-) Si' mi hermano.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  107. #107
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    :-) Si' mi hermano.
    Settertude, you're cracking me up here. Now you are speaking in tongues that I use with one of my all time, life long best friends. Stop!!!

  108. #108
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Well now that you mention it, I might be feeling something coming on. Headache, woozy, generally tired.
    Oh, you lifted a finger again, huh? Take 3 aspirin before you go to bed and call me in the morning.

  109. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Settertude, you're cracking me up here. Now you are speaking in tongues that I use with one of my all time, life long best friends. Stop!!!
    Mysteriouser and mysteriouser.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  110. #110
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Settertude, you're cracking me up here. Now you are speaking in tongues that I use with one of my all time, life long best friends. Stop!!!

    Hold the ef on. You live in southern California and your friend and you speak to each other in Spanish!!??

    You know thats crazy talk, rite?

  111. #111
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Hold the ef on. You live in southern California and your friend and you speak to each other in Spanish!!??

    You know thats crazy talk, rite?
    Funny, ha, ha. I only mentioned that because we do not do that HERE. I am 50% beaner by the way so go easy on the beaner jokes.

  112. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Other 50%?
    My riding partner is a 'beaner' and he is short. I get to mess with him about it.
    By far the strongest rider I know--well except for that Amy chick I used to ride and train with years ago. She was short, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Funny, ha, ha. I only mentioned that because we do not do that HERE. I am 50% beaner by the way so go easy on the beaner jokes.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  113. #113
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    Other 50%?
    My riding partner is a 'beaner' and he is short. I get to mess with him about it.
    By far the strongest rider I know--well except for that Amy chick I used to ride and train with years ago. She was short, too!
    The other 50% is mixed Mutt. European countries and American Indian. I'm a friggin mess.

  114. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    ScotIrishWelch.
    The wife is direct descent of Mary Queen of Scots and Cherokee.
    She reminds me regularly.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  115. #115
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Funny, ha, ha. I only mentioned that because we do not do that HERE. I am 50% beaner by the way so go easy on the beaner jokes.
    Q: Why dosent Mexico win many gold medals in the Olympics?

    A: Any one who can run, jump, or swim is already in the united states.



    That was easy.....

  116. #116
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Q: Why dosent Mexico win many gold medals in the Olympics?

    A: Any one who can run, jump, or swim is already in the united states.



    That was easy.....
    Tell us aboot your heritage so we can make some fun of you, too.

  117. #117
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Tells aboot your heritage so we can make some fun of you, too.
    White mutt. I get a different answer every time i ask my parents what we are (usually sounds like a recipe of some sort "1/4 cup of this 1/2 a table spoon of that") so i stopped asking. I know, not much to work with. Sorry.

  118. #118
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    White mutt. I get a different answer every time i ask my parents what we are (usually sounds like a recipe of some sort "1/4 cup of this 1/2 a table spoon of that") so i stopped asking. I know, not much to work with. Sorry.
    No problem, "cracker".

  119. #119
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    No problem, "cracker".
    **Ahem... I believe it's Cracka
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  120. #120
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    **Ahem... I believe it's Cracka
    In Ebonics, yes.

    In beaner, its' "cracker".

  121. #121
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774

    Off-camber

    In Nabisco, it is Ritz
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

  122. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,259
    Why don't Mexicans have BBQs.?.... Because the beans keep falling thru the grill.





    If Hawg and I were to hang out, We'd be a full can of beans. We could be brothers.... but I was like adopted out.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

  123. #123
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    Why don't Mexicans have BBQs.?.... Because the beans keep falling thru the grill.
    Puta Madre! I guess we shoulda used a screen?!

  124. #124
    check your six
    Reputation: sodak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    In Ebonics, yes.

    In beaner, its' "cracker".
    What about Blanquito??
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

  125. #125
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    What about Blanquito??
    I'm only a half breed!

    Spanglish is a blending of two languages.

  126. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Yup...different degrees of off camber both in topic and individual. There may be a direct correlation, but I suspect some is feigned.
    No? Si'
    I think the original posit by the OP is valid and should be given another look.
    Rejection before due inspection=knee jerk response.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  127. #127
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,467
    Yeah, whatever... I'm still trying to figure out where my beans went...
    It's all Here. Now.

  128. #128
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Off-camber

    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    ...
    I think the original posit by the OP is valid and should be given another look.
    Rejection before due inspection=knee jerk response.
    Concerned that you've been misconstrued, or revisiting your OP to prove something - other than to just pummel a dead horse?

    Do not enjoy pomposity, or those that must always be right. If you feel unjustly "flayed" then perhaps it's time to realize that "one cannot BS a bullshitter" and that in the OC, many reside.

    PS Overall enjoy your posts, and still feel the moniker $20HO to be more apt.

    (tapa)

  129. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Whatever...
    "carry that weight a long time..."
    These lyrics just pop into my head.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  130. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    I assume T&G (ooops carpenter slip--T&C) for all the reasons you imply. I think. But, 'cmon man.
    This is my version of messing around.
    Diversity makes the world interesting.
    Someone somewhere understand dry curmudgeon yankee humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Concerned that you've been misconstrued, or revisiting your OP to prove something - other than to just pummel a dead horse?

    Do not enjoy pomposity, or those that must always be right. If you feel unjustly "flayed" then perhaps it's time to realize that "one cannot BS a bullshitter" and that in the OC, many reside.

    PS Overall enjoy your posts, and still feel the moniker $20HO to be more apt.

    (tapa)
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  131. #131
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    ^ Agree that diversity is the spice of life.
    Am part Yankee & curmudgeon, and often called a professional antagonist.
    So, in that vein... Cheers, Big Ears. :O

  132. #132
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Ernest Hemingway - The Old Man and the Sea.

    Iconic proof that sometimes less is indeed more when writing.

    We get you, but one of the more important traits posters posses in OC is the ability to laugh at them self. If you are gona "use your tongue" prettier than a $20HO, expect to be razzed for it. If you do a little reading here you will discover just how bright most of the regular posters are, even if their normal contribution to highbrow humor is "pull my finger!"

    All in good fun, keep em commin.

  133. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    You've hit the nail on the head.
    I write like that because it amuses me. Kinda like masturbation, only someone else might also benefit. Acually, I've been around forums since the whole thing started and my observation is that most of it is 'group masturbation'.
    :-)
    I also love good healthy honest debate and that can get me in trouble now and then. As for 'needing to be right'. This is off the mark. Wanting to make sure of being right before opening mouth is closer.
    Carry on--I have to go hang a door and build a landing. THen back to the shop and paint some cab doors.
    Love and Peace...
    :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Ernest Hemingway - The Old Man and the Sea.

    Iconic proof that sometimes less is indeed more when writing.

    We get you, but one of the more important traits posters posses in OC is the ability to laugh at them self. If you are gona "use your tongue" prettier than a $20HO, expect to be razzed for it. If you do a little reading here you will discover just how bright most of the regular posters are, even if their normal contribution to highbrow humor is "pull my finger!"

    All in good fun, keep em commin.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

  134. #134
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Yeah, whatever... I'm still trying to figure out where my beans went...
    They ran off when one of them saw a Border Patrol truck roll on by.

  135. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,259
    la MIGRA !! LA MIGRA !!

    quick.... hide.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

  136. #136
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Si, senior!

  137. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Settertude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,090
    Awesome cool morning in NH.
    Perfect for a camber adjustment.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 04:02 PM
  2. (base) '12 camber or '13 camber
    By Waltah in forum Specialized
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM
  3. Advice needed. 12 Camber Comp vs 12 Camber Carbon
    By moto67e in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
  4. 2011 Camber/Epic vs 2012 Camber/Epic
    By covrc in forum Specialized
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 12:40 PM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.