What were we talking about?
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    What were we talking about?
    Rock piles.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Rabid Lana Fan
    I'm a Rock Ho.

Upcyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by ghood View Post
    My local trails are bereft of tech. When I travel to ride I really enjoy rocky slow speed chunk. My uncle lives in Grand Junction and the Moore Fun trail near Loma is my go to crash course in tech when Iím there.
    That's the main reason for getting out there and riding different terrain, and it's so worth it. But IME it also makes riding your local stuff fun again too! I would love to ride GJ, hopefully some day not too far off!

Korn, way to tackle your trail demons!
    Thanks, I thought you were in your late 40s, lol!
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to send chazpat cookies.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Honestly, I don't feel a day over 80.

Upcyclist
    I wasn't trying to make you feel old Net, sorry.

I was planning on going to Switchgrass this last weekend, but it got rained out. There's some killer chunk out there!

This is the best I could find.

Rabid Lana Fan
    It's my age that makes me feel old.

Upcyclist
    As long as you can make it to 2026 yer good!

Bikesexual
    It's my age that makes me feel old.
    Happy Belated Birthday Net.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Rabid Lana Fan
    Thanks!

Bikesexual
    I got out tonight but no gnar like Korn. I had to settle for mostly pavement, but needed some "me" time.

https://www.relive.cc/view/2371375415
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Downcountry AF
    ^ cool.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

A waste of time it is is
    So, three rides under my belt now with the new 1x11 XT drivetrain on the On-One 456.

First ride, wow it's quiet. To be fair I was previously running a "c-guide" device and I think that is where most of the noise was previously coming from and I removed that when I went to the narrow wide front ring. I'm not yet comfortable with the position of the down lever nor the gap between gears particularly in the bottom half, I was previously running 11-32 9 speed. Surprised at my average speed, much quicker than I was expecting given how little time I have had on the bike lately.

Second ride. One of those days. The Garmin ran out of battery after 5 minutes. Something happened to my cable and I am still scratching my head as to what occurred but the cable adjuster was loose, think almost turning freely, and a long way out of the body, my rear two sections of i-link appear to have "shrunk" and are now almost straight-lining or completely taught against the frame. The cable itself seems to have slipped on the retaining plate and the end adjust bolt looks like it was almost backed all of the way out to the point that guide pulley hits the largest sprocket and prevents shifting to it. Exactly the same set up as the boys and it is working perfectly. Not sure if the i-links hadn't compressed properly when I set it all up or if something was jammed in the derailleur itself that made it appear to be set up properly or if things have just rattled loose given it is a hardtail and there is a lot of loose baby heads at the moment. My "work around" I spoke of before doesn't seem to be the problem, the liner hadn't moved in it at all. Anyway, I replaced the rear section of liner with a slightly longer one, added a couple of links to both of the rear two sections of i-link and set the derailleur up again. Put a small drop of loctite on the end adjust screw so hopefully that will stay in place now.

Third ride. Only thought about the lever position once or twice today so I suspect I will get use to it fairly quickly. Gears were faultless so hopefully I have fixed the above issues. Climbing feels easier although I am still having trouble getting up one particularly steep section of loose, rocky fire trail, I think there is something to pushing the same ratio through a larger front ring that is making the steeper climbs feel easier.

Happy trails.

the discerning hooligan
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    That might be my favorite one yet! I really like the chainring and that is one funky fork.
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to send me cookies.

Downcountry AF
    That looks really cool. (notice I did not say comfortable)
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

mtbr member
    I'm sure *ALL* of you were wondering where I was, well, my laptop spun a crank bearing in the middle of the 405 at rush hour 8 days ago and I just now returned to civilization. I did also clean one of my bicycles very throughly during my absence.

Upcyclist
    You warned us that you were going to California, again. Are you back, good trip?

I found that Iron Maiden "The Wrongest" pic, it's posted one page back.

MEGALOMANIAC
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    I'm sure *ALL* of you were wondering where I was, well, my laptop spun a crank bearing in the middle of the 405 at rush hour 8 days ago and I just now returned to civilization. I did also clean one of my bicycles very throughly during my absence.
    That's got to be code for something but I have been out of it for so long now that I have no idea what you just said.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    You warned us that you were going to California, again. Are you back, good trip?
    I'm still in Idaho, planning to leave here in Monday. I thikn its going to be a good trip!

I found that Iron Maiden "The Wrongest" pic, it's posted one page back.
    I like the groovy 70's one better!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgzilla View Post
    That's got to be code for something but I have been out of it for so long now that I have no idea what you just said.
    I actually did clean my super sweet resto-mod 3 speed exceeding well, new chain, chain ring and sprocket, and I went from 42/20 gearing to 52/24 gearing, the ratio is almost the same, but I'm digging the big chainring, gives it a cool look. I actually found my never-dull chrom polish for the fenders, trued the wheels up, etc... I built this bike up 15 years ago, its a killer townie, for sure, ti BB, light weight 700c wheelse built around an XT hub up front, from before the time of XTR, and a NOS 28 hole Sturmey hub built in July of 1969 for the rear wheel...

mtbr member
    My laptop did actually shit the bed, and the hassles of that, well, I would never waste my time typing them all out, but....

Hopefully my "new to me" laptop will work well for many years to come...

Upcyclist
    ^^Mojo's gonna love that bike! Looks really nice!

I like the groovy 70's one better!
    I thought that format was started by KLOS radio station back in the 80s, but it could be from the 70s.

Cycologist
    Whoa, two Hercules postings in the same day!
    Last edited by chazpat; 5 Days Ago at 06:16 AM.

Upcyclist
    Hercules Hercules!!

lol!

Upcyclist
    Hey Jack, any chance you know anything about Hardiebacker and what type of cement can be applied over it? I have to skim this thing tomorrow, so any input would be helpful!

I was inspired by your wrenching on cars thread, shoulda titled it wrenching on houses!

https://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-o...l#post14092998

mtbr member
    Hey Jack, any chance you know anything about Hardiebacker and what type of cement can be applied over it? I have to skim this thing tomorrow, so any input would be helpful!

I was inspired by your wrenching on cars thread, shoulda titled it wrenching on houses!

https://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-o...l#post14092998
    Which are you skimming tomorrow? I browsed that thread and saw stair skirt boards but no hardibacker posts.

Upcyclist
    Which are you skimming tomorrow? I browsed that thread and saw stair skirt boards but no hardibacker posts.
    It's the last post in that thread.

I think I've figured it out all by myself, lol! Gonna scratch coat it with the thinset I have in my garage, then skim with polymer overlay!

the discerning hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Whoa, two Hercules postings in the same day!
    Doing our best to bring a little sophistication to the OC.

Hercules Hercules!!

lol!
    Not that it's lacking....who's more fancy and smart than you guys?

That bike is stunning, Jack. Beautiful!
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I got out tonight but no gnar like Korn. I had to settle for mostly pavement, but needed some "me" time.

https://www.relive.cc/view/2371375415
    Nice!

I actually did clean my super sweet resto-mod 3 speed exceeding well, new chain, chain ring and sprocket, and I went from 42/20 gearing to 52/24 gearing, the ratio is almost the same, but I'm digging the big chainring, gives it a cool look. I actually found my never-dull chrom polish for the fenders, trued the wheels up, etc... I built this bike up 15 years ago, its a killer townie, for sure, ti BB, light weight 700c wheelse built around an XT hub up front, from before the time of XTR, and a NOS 28 hole Sturmey hub built in July of 1969 for the rear wheel...

I love these two bikes. Something about vintage cleaned up that gets me all giddy. Itís amazing how mounting the bars backwards then positioning them upside down completely changes the look of a bike like on Mojos. The forks pretty cool as well, I remember those. And that new huge chainring on Jacks really sets it off.

Welcome back to civilization Jack.

And Emu, keep us posted in how you like that new gearing after some more time on it.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Oh man!

Looks like you never had the fenders for it though?

I do like them without fenders too for sure, I actually have another one without fenders, but I did build up a 27" rear wheel with a 7 speed hub for that Hercules, that was/is my first hercules, and I wish I hadn't gone the 7 speed route, its a great bike, but its an oddball, taking the sturmey archer hub off it and replacing it with something from the late 90s kinda of took a lot of the soul away. The shifter that was on that bike is on my super sweet black bike though, I've been running that shifter on the 2 bikes since 1991!

That first Hercules, I've got some stories about that one, I'll try to type a couple up later.

The head badge on your Herc looks to be in damn good shape!

Do you know how to tell how old these are? I bought this off ebay years ago and it was frame only so I never had the original rear wheel which of course has the manufacture date stamped on the hub.

My ex-wife has a super sweet 3 speed that I built up for her as well, also a Hercules, that hub was made in 1954, I ended up having to buy a tandem rim to match the 40 hole hub, but since I was building the wheel from scratch I went with a 5 spoke crows foot spoke pattern which I've never seen anywhere else.

the discerning hooligan
    Oh man!

Looks like you never had the fenders for it though?

I do like them without fenders too for sure, I actually have another one without fenders, but I did build up a 27" rear wheel with a 7 speed hub for that Hercules, that was/is my first hercules, and I wish I hadn't gone the 7 speed route, its a great bike, but its an oddball, taking the sturmey archer hub off it and replacing it with something from the late 90s kinda of took a lot of the soul away. The shifter that was on that bike is on my super sweet black bike though, I've been running that shifter on the 2 bikes since 1991!

That first Hercules, I've got some stories about that one, I'll try to type a couple up later.

The head badge on your Herc looks to be in damn good shape!

Do you know how to tell how old these are? I bought this off ebay years ago and it was frame only so I never had the original rear wheel which of course has the manufacture date stamped on the hub.

My ex-wife has a super sweet 3 speed that I built up for her as well, also a Hercules, that hub was made in 1954, I ended up having to buy a tandem rim to match the 40 hole hub, but since I was building the wheel from scratch I went with a 5 spoke crows foot spoke pattern which I've never seen anywhere else.
    What you see is what I got....no fenders or chainguard. It was covered on rat shit up in a hay loft when I went to pick it up...one of 4 bikes I got that day at $10 each. Flipping the bike as a cheap path-racer conversion had been my intent from the beginning...the bike is way to small for me to keep. Mojogirl's pink and green butterfly hunter banana seat bike was from the same lot.

I think the serial numbers for the follow the Raleigh system for bikes built after the merger. I never tried to look mine up because I know the wheel is original, but I would start here if I was going to dig.
    Raleigh Serial Numbers & Charts

The ratrodbikes crew can probably sort it out for you if you hit a snag.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Cool, thanks for the info!

What do you expect to get for the Herc? It's a great unique bike/build you have there, I'm sure someone will be stoked on it! Rad that you got it for $10!!!!!

I really like the 3 speeds for town riding, the gears being far apart means you have to shift much less often. Do you throw a bigger cog on the back? It really makes them much more friendly, they all seem to come geared quite high, so high that most of your riding is done in 1st gear, I typically up the rear cog to a 22 tooth, that makes 2nd gear your typical gear, 1st for hills and headwinds, and 3rd get to 19 or 20 MPH.

mtbr member
    Looks like my bike was most likely made in 1963, maybe 1964, older than I thought!

the discerning hooligan
    I figure I'll be into the bike for about $50 by the time it's stitched up...I won't put a bike on the road without new cables and brake pads. The tires have to be reasonably good as well, but I had a set here for it. I want to do well enough to keep the hobby afloat, but it's not a business. I'll list it for $150 and might get pretty close....genuine vintage leather saddles are gold when selling retro cool to hipster boys.

Answering the question of comfort...it's way better than you might think at first glance. The hand position on those North-road bars is very natural, as is the position of the brake levers. The actual riding position falls almost between a comfort cruiser and a drop bar race bike. With the bars lower than the saddle it looks like those stretched out XC bikes from back in the day, but the bars are much closer. The only downside is that it feels a little cramped when standing on the pedals climbing.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

the discerning hooligan
    yup...

OCC Bike Thread V14-img_1796-2-.jpg

OCC Bike Thread V14-img_1795.jpg

OCC Bike Thread V14-img_1798-2-.jpg
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Looks great!

The chrome on the sturmey hubs is some of the toughest around it always seems to clean right up to a like new finish!

the discerning hooligan
    Looks great!

The chrome on the sturmey hubs is some of the toughest around it always seems to clean right up to a like new finish!
    They always clean up nice cause they're always coated with the spilled sewing machine oil from filling them.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    They always clean up nice cause they're always coated with the spilled sewing machine oil from filling them.
    There is that, but Even the dry ones I've seen seem to be rust free.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Should be a full moon tonight. I'm gonna try to photo it coming up over this tree tonight.

Iíll have what heís having, please.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Well, the trails were dry for about a day and a half, and I had to spend the whole time working on home projects, so it's raining tonight ahs I won't get out until who knows when. Kinda bums me out, but not finishing these projects that stare me in the face everyday has got me somewhat anxious and depressed lately, so I'm feeling relieved, but also like I'm missing out. I need to start running on days like this. Quick way to exercise and burn some energy.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk
    dang

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    I had to spend the whole time working on home projects...

...Kinda bums me out, but not finishing these projects that stare me in the face everyday has got me somewhat anxious and depressed lately, so I'm feeling relieved, but also like I'm missing out.
    Story of my life! I feel that so often when I do get out on the bike regularly I feel that I am neglecting "the rest of my life"... Someday I'll be caught up on all the crap I need to do and will be able to go ride my bike with a clear conscience?

Well, the trails were dry for about a day and a half, and I had to spend the whole time working on home projects, so it's raining tonight ahs I won't get out until who knows when. Kinda bums me out, but not finishing these projects that stare me in the face everyday has got me somewhat anxious and depressed lately, so I'm feeling relieved, but also like I'm missing out. I need to start running on days like this. Quick way to exercise and burn some energy.

My momma told me, thereíd be days like this.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Iíll have what heís having, please.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Story of my life! I feel that so often when I do get out on the bike regularly I feel that I am neglecting "the rest of my life"... Someday I'll be caught up on all the crap I need to do and will be able to go ride my bike with a clear conscience?
    Yeah it was easy when I was in grad school. Didn't own a car, so had to bike a minimum of 22 miles a day. Biking was totally necessary, even if I threw in an extra few miles on the way in.

Cutting lumber, doing plumbing, and hanging drywall isn't fun, really, but it is rewarding as I draw on finishing my bathroom project. May even spend the long weekend next weekend tiling the floors. Then I can get the fuggin clawfoot tub out of the kitchen. Starting with the most difficult room in the house was not my plan, but the leaky tub and sagging sub floor made that choice for me.

After this project is complete I'm going to spend a good day biking and then go home and maybe grill and have a party because I don't have to be embarrassed when people stop by and the bathroom is partially finished and looks disorganized.

dang

NDD
    mtbr member
    Dude that's lit.

*excuses self*

dang

mtbr member
    Cutting lumber, doing plumbing, and hanging drywall isn't fun, really....
    I've done plenty of all of it! I built 2 homes almost by myself!

I really like having a nice road ride right out my door, minimal cars, bike lane the whole way, 2 miles and 2200' of climbing, its an hour and 20 minutes of riding plus a bit of time to get shoes shorts on and off, I really can't come up with an argument that says I shouldn't do that every other day regardless of how busy I am, but there are certainly times I have to talk myself into it.

And lately my ankle has been hurting, and my achilles, for no particular reason :-/

Upcyclist
    I've been working towards that, have seen the other side, and it is good!

It used to seem like there was so much to do, no end in sight, never gonna ride and feel like I wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing. I just started taking care of stuff, whittling away at the huge to do list, and I can finally see the end of it, even tho it sometimes seems that there's always something being added to it...

I don't know where I'm going with this, just slapping the keyboard!

mtbr member
    IIt used to seem like there was so much to do, no end in sight, never gonna ride and feel like I wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing. I just started taking care of stuff, whittling away at the huge to do list, and I can finally see the end of it, even tho it sometimes seems that there's always something being added to it...
    Good to hear it!

At times I feel quite overwhelmed, and sometimes I just shutdown and accomplish almost nothing for a day or 2, which is tough to admit, but, that "time off" allows me to look at the to do list from a fresh angle when I am done with my slump. The other big one for me is to keep narrowing the scope till I am looking at a manageable task, no matter how unmotivated I feel I can usually pick a small enough task that I'll be able to complete it, but not always, sometimes I put the PRO in crastination....

Upcyclist
    I've been 'just doing it' when I see something that needs to be done, especially cleaning up right after I finish a task. Like doing the dishes right when you're finished using something, don't put it down and walk away. Usually surprises me how fast stuff gets done.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Good to hear it!

At times I feel quite overwhelmed, and sometimes I just shutdown and accomplish almost nothing for a day or 2, which is tough to admit, but, that "time off" allows me to look at the to do list from a fresh angle when I am done with my slump. The other big one for me is to keep narrowing the scope till I am looking at a manageable task, no matter how unmotivated I feel I can usually pick a small enough task that I'll be able to complete it, but not always, sometimes I put the PRO in crastination....
    Yeah, sometimes you just hit the wall and DGAF. I do that a lot, but for me it's the trouble of prioritizing tasks and breaking things down into manageable chunks. Then I fall behind my unnecessary expectations and feel down about it. For the home repair stuff it's worse, because most of it is pretty new to me, so I get frazzled because everything takes way longer than intended.
    I've been 'just doing it' when I see something that needs to be done, especially cleaning up right after I finish a task. Like doing the dishes right when you're finished using something, don't put it down and walk away. Usually surprises me how fast stuff gets done.
    I wish I had that drive. I feel like maybe I used to. Like right now I should be night biking or sleeping, but instead I'm putzing around.

dang

Upcyclist
    Good to hear it!

Thanks, and yeah, I'm like that too. I try to keep it to one day if I can.

Yeah, sometimes you just hit the wall and DGAF. I do that a lot, but for me it's the trouble of prioritizing tasks and breaking things down into manageable chunks. Then I fall behind my unnecessary expectations and feel down about it. For the home repair stuff it's worse, because most of it is pretty new to me, so I get frazzled because everything takes way longer than intended. I wish I had that drive. I feel like maybe I used to. Like right now I should be night biking or sleeping, but instead I'm putzing around.

I usually Saturday off and do very little, I dunno why I just do, probably because I run around all week and don't have a 9-5.

Except I worked today, and had a 32oz frozen cappuccino!!!

I gotta figure out what to skim this thing with tomorrow!

Rabid Lana Fan
    ^ comin' along.

Thinset Korn. Looking good so far.

Net, I thought you were joking about the moon rise photo session. Came out pretty good. Iíve had two great moon / cloud scenes in the last couple of evenings, but with my limited equipment I couldnít pull off a good enough shot to post up.

Rabid Lana Fan
    It's not easy to take pictures of the moon.

Upcyclist
    Easier than taking pictures of coy...

Nevermind...

Upcyclist
    ^ comin' along.
    Sometimes "just doing it" and winging it are one in the same.

Easier than taking pictures of a coyote at night.

Nevermind...
    Been there.

A waste of time it is is
    Make sure you tape the joints before you skim it or they will crack

A waste of time it is is

Net, I thought you were joking about the moon rise photo session. Came out pretty good. Iíve had two great moon / cloud scenes in the last couple of evenings, but with my limited equipment I couldnít pull off a good enough shot to post up.
    Got this one hand held tonight, just leaning up against the wall.

OCC Bike Thread V14-dscn0967.jpg

Cycologist
    I'm good at busting out one day+ of solid work on the weekend, it's after work during the week that I struggle to get much done. Too easy to "take a break and then I'll get some work done" when I get home that extends all evening.

It doesn't help that on the weekend, I already have an idea of what I want to get done and then my wife hits me with "you need to doÖ" which is usually some totally new project when I was planning on working one of my existing projects. Surprisingly, she has gotten into yard work. She loves walking around our property and whacking all the bushes, trees and other plants. But then she wants to clear out areas that are currently natural and I keep telling her she is just creating more and more work as you can't have "nothing", it'll then require constant weeding to keep it cleared, even if you plant some flowers there (and she likes flower to be spread out with space between them). And she doesn't care much for weeding.

I've been working on finishing part of the basement for five years now. Finished installing the section of drop ceiling beneath the hvac last weekend. Painted the trim that will cover the bottom of the soffits last night and hoping to install it today (after riding!) It's already pretty useable, needs a little more trim work, I need to do the stairs and then the floor. But before I can do the floor, I need to fix where we get water coming in a few times a year, which means renting a machine from Depot to see if I can clean out the foundation drains.

And we're looking like some of those people you see on "hoarders", just too much crap. I made a trip to Goodwill yesterday to get rid of a desk chair and two old suitcases and a few shirts. I'm really trying to do a little bit everyday but at this rate, I think I'll pass before I get done.

Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0967.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	1251912
    Show off!

Rabid Lana Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0967.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	1251912
    Nice! I absolutely need a tri-pod for any kind of moon photo.

MEGALOMANIAC
    Full Moons are awesome. Especially when there's a red bush growing on the other side.

Full Moons are awesome. Especially when there's a red bush growing on the other side.
    Whatís your blonde wife got to say about that?

A waste of time it is is
    Show off!
    Nice! I absolutely need a tri-pod for any kind of moon photo.
    It's a rare event to get one that clear without a tripod, I was just lazy last night and thought I would try. Pretty happy with that one.

MEGALOMANIAC
    She's only blonde in certain lighting.

the discerning hooligan
    Maybe she likes ginger girls too?
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Maybe she likes ginger girls too?
    But, they have no soul?

the discerning hooligan
    But, they have no soul?
    So...bikes and stuff...hmmmmÖ..the bike thread.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

Downcountry AF
    So...bikes and stuff...hmmmmÖ..the bike thread.
    I got some pretty exciting insider information about the 2020 Kona lineup from the demo driver this weekend. There's 2 or 3 that really got my attention.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

mtbr member
    How different are they really?

MEGALOMANIAC
    Maybe I shoulda named this thread Bikes & Broads.

We'd have twice as much to talk about!

Downcountry AF
    How different are they really?
    One that I know I already want is a brand new bike, one has been tweaked in all the right ways. One is just bonus, but I want that too.

Process 134 29er (Woot!), Unit, Rove 853.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Rabid Lana Fan
    We had our annual company picnic on Friday...I made a video for it. Just so happens a certain someone dropped her cover of Sublime's "Summertime" on Friday. Made for perfect music score for this vid. I thought I could get by hand-holding the camera for some video scenes, but they were all shaky.

(note to self: always bring tripod if gonna shoot video)

So, I had to do some weird "artsy" stuff to try and cover that up.

Lots of pretty nice stills, tho.

Just remember, the video parts aren't "shaky", they're "artsy".

Upcyclist
    Maybe I shoulda named this thread Bikes & Broads.

We'd have twice as much to talk about!
    But, "life is all about bikes"...

Net, your video is lagging hard on Pinkbike, will check out later.

Rabid Lana Fan
    It's lyrics like:
    "Me and my girl, we got this relationship...I love her so bad, but she treats me like sh1t...
    on lock down like a penitentiary...she spreads her lovin' all over and when she gets home,
    there's none left for me"

Over pics and video of fine Alabama family folk with their young children.

MEGALOMANIAC
    It's lyrics like:
    "Me and my girl, we got this relationship...I love her so bad, but she treats me like sh1t...
    on lock down like a penitentiary...she spreads her lovin' all over and when she gets home,
    there's none left for me"

Over pics and video of fine Alabama family folk with their young children.
    Great tune Net, I dig it!

Rabid Lana Fan
    She did that song justice!

She did that song justice!
    I like her version. Cool edit on the video as well.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Thanks!

I didít want to post it in here due to topic but go to the animals attack thread.

Rabid Lana Fan
    I like her version.
    She put that on Utoob on Friday...2.3 million views as of right now. Not too shabby.

If one of my Utoob vids gets over 50 views, I'm like "wowzers!!"

Rabid Lana Fan
    I didít want to post it in here due to topic but go to the animals attack thread.
    Sad

Sad
    Very, my X is devastated.

Upcyclist
    Sad
    Yes, very sad, sorry to hear DJ.

Hey Net, in moving towards tubeless and possibly pool noodling, wondering which Minion I should replace my WTB Ranger with. The Ranger is a fine tire, just maybe a tad thin. I want to set it and forget it if I go with sealant. Which one is the better rear tire? DHF or DHR, or?

Killer b.
    I slunk out of work yesterday afternoon for a quick ride, then came back around 5 and worked until 8.

OCC Bike Thread V14-m2qlm68irnmnuum1k2rfta.jpg
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

Cycologist
    Yes, very sad, sorry to hear DJ.

Hey Net, in moving towards tubeless and possibly pool noodling, wondering which Minion I should replace my WTB Ranger with. The Ranger is a fine tire, just maybe a tad thin. I want to set it and forget it if I go with sealant. Which one is the better rear tire? DHF or DHR, or?
    I assumed the F was a front and the R a rear, no? Finally got around to ordering the Ikon Plus for the Unit last night. Rekon Plus will go on the F.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Which one is the better rear tire? DHF or DHR, or?
    They both are pretty equal and both work great on the rear. I would go with whichever one you find a better deal on.

EDIT: I am talking about DHR II....never ran the original DHR. Always ran DHF front and back.

Rabid Lana Fan
    I assumed the F was a front and the R a rear, no? Finally got around to ordering the Ikon Plus for the Unit last night. Rekon Plus will go on the F.
    True, but it's like a known thing to Maxxis fans to run the DHF front and back. And the new DHR II is very similar to the DHF, so I am running those front and rear now.

Upcyclist
    I was reading in another thread where someone thought the F was for Freeride, I never did figure out if that was correct or not. I was gonna post that the R in DHR was for Rowdy. The Ikon's tread pattern reminds me of the Ranger, lotsa small knobs, the Rekon seems a bit moar Downcountry.

*I have an Agressor saved for later on amazon, might need to move that to cart for the N9!

They both are pretty equal and both work great on the rear. I would go with whichever one you find a better deal on.

EDIT: I am talking about DHR II....never ran the original DHR. Always ran DHF front and back.
    There's not much choice in 26+ tires, DHF and DHR II in 2.8" are both 68 smackers.

*I do have a 2.4" Chunky Monkey that I had been planning on trying out in the rear, it's pretty voluptuous and may pair nicely with the 2.8" DHF.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Yeah, run that chunky monkey.

If you do get to a buying situation, and want to choose between DHF and DHR II, assuming both the same price, I would go with DHR II, simply because it's newer, and therefore better?

True, but it's like a known thing to Maxxis fans to run the DHF front and back. And the new DHR II is very similar to the DHF, so I am running those front and rear now.
    Goes to show what rebelís we have in this sport. MAXXIS obviously made them to work differently from front to rear yet we as a group of rebellious focks take it upon ourselves to run it our way. One guy tries it and throws his amazing findings on the internet and boom, weíve got a following.

Rabid Lana Fan
    I think it started with the downhill crowd. The DHF has a serious gap between the top knobs and the side knobs. A momentary loss of traction when you are leaning it way over. They wanted the same "breakaway" point front/rear.

Upcyclist
    Yeah, run that chunky monkey.

If you do get to a buying situation, and want to choose between DHF and DHR II, assuming both the same price, I would go with DHR II, simply because it's newer, and therefore better?
    Seems like it might be a tad faster rolling with the ramped knobs, maybe.

I have a 2.4" Ardent on the back of the N9 right now and it has been fine, so maybe I'll run it instead of an Agressor, save some cheddar for the sealant.

One ring to mash them all
    F for "flickable."

R for "rowdy."

🤮
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and, uh Ö yeah, and clever."
    ó David St. Hubbins

MEGALOMANIAC
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    F for "flickable."

R for "rowdy."

Oh, I thought it was:

"liquor in the Front"

"poker in the Rear"

Upcyclist
    Free Range

One ring to mash them all
    At least DC doesn't stand for "Down Country."
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and, uh Ö yeah, and clever."
    ó David St. Hubbins

Upcyclist
    From my ride last week.

Saw this CONCEPTS - MIRRORS PHOTOS by traci griffin photography

And then did this:

And this: