The New Fall Of Humanity- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GONE
    Nov 2008

The New Fall Of Humanity

What in the hell is going on with our world and it's people? Nothing is running smoothly and it's getting worse fast.

Shippers are back logged and struggling to deliver on time, commonly late (higher more help!)
    Sellers are dragging their asses at getting the orders filled and sent out (get out of your COVID-COMA please)
    Banks are limiting coin requests (I can only get one roll of quarters per visit)
    Grocery stores will not give coin change (being credited to your purchase)
    Freight prices have skyrocketed causing supply prices to double in some cases (WTF?!)
    Gas prices keep going up even though a barrel of oil is cheap (WTF?!)
    People are driving 120-130 miles per hour on the freeway (What's the hurry?)
    Drivers are rudely cutting others off (a$$h0les!!!))
    Food joints are running low or out of food (we gotta eat right?)

What are you experiencing in your corner of the world?
    Last edited by Hawgzilla; 08-08-2020 at 01:00 PM.

No known cure
    Not experiencing any of that in Socal. Business as usual.

I pay cash for everything since local merchants give a 3.5% discount for cash. Packages are on time and traffic is a thing again.

My only issue is my take out is always wrong. Third world problems.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post

I pay cash for everything since local merchants give a 3.5% discount for cash. Packages are on time and traffic is a thing again.

I'm in Los Angeles and experiencing everything listed above.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgzilla View Post
    I'm in Los Angeles and experiencing everything listed above.
    I'm in LA too. Lake Arrowhead. Even with the huge influx of tourists nothing has changed. I read about it but am not seeing it. I am seeing weird coins in my change though. Wheat pennies and silver dimes and quarters. Even an odd bill marked as a silver certificate.

ETA Coinstar is still up and working at Staters but they now have an option to be paid in bitcoin. I only saw it as I walked out and didnt investigate
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Welcome to the new world order.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Welcome to the new world order.
    How do I get out of here?

Raise your hand to a cop in a suggestive manner like you have a gun.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Here in NY people have been especially nice and respectful. We just had a storm and hundreds of thousands without power, and it seems power companies have dropped the ball. Canít get through to anyone to find out if/when power will come back on. Thankfully mid 60s tonight, and now my coffee maker just broke. That may be the straw that broke the camelís back. Yet I know I am blessed and fortunate.
    Think it will have to get worse before it gets better
    Round and round we go

Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Here in NY people have been especially nice and respectful. We just had a storm and hundreds of thousands without power, and it seems power companies have dropped the ball. Canít get through to anyone to find out if/when power will come back on. Thankfully mid 60s tonight, and now my coffee maker just broke. That may be the straw that broke the camelís back. Yet I know I am blessed and fortunate.
    Think it will have to get worse before it gets better
    The memory of an elephant.

https://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-o...+camels+vpback

Į\_(ツ)_/Į SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post

< - San Diego here. Pretty much the only thing still out of normal is less traffic and less people out n about.

No issues with deliveries being late.

No need for coins, I use debit for everything.

Gas Prices are still lower than they were pre-covid.

No Issues with Take-out so far.

No one is going 120mph on the freeway, but 80-90mph is fine and has been quite safe proving that speed is not dangerous, but rather too many people on the road and too many distracted drivers is the real danger.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

mtbr member
    Shootings in Portland are up 380% over this time last year. Homeless, graffiti and trash EVERYWHERE. Working downtown is literally like being on the set of a post apocalyptic movie. This time last year I'd guestimate 6 crackheads mulling around to one pedestrian. Now that's more like 30-60 crackheads per pedestrian in the Pearl. This country is going bankrupt, long time coming but looks to be happening on our watch. The trajectory speaks for itself and I see nothing to change it. My biggest fear is all the money I have been saving over the last 15 years to buy a piece of property becoming worthless.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

High Desert MTBer
    Biggest issue I see is the virus still spreading like wildfire for a number of reasons, none of which I, or anyone I associate with, are causing, yet we are having to deal with it. This is what is responsible for many of the perceived shitty things going on in this country right now. I am dying, as we all are, but somewhat quicker. The tragic thing is, I am beginning to think it ain't such a bad thing after all
    It's all Here. Now.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Here in NY people have been especially nice and respectful.
    This is what I was hoping for. That the pandemic would bring people together like 911 did in 2001. But it's had the opposite effect. There's been hoarding, public arguments, fights, riots, murders,...

Really!? Another dooms day Covid thread.

What ever happened to uplifting fun threads in the OC. The kind that lets you escape [this] the BS of every day life?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    . My biggest fear is all the money I have been saving over the last 15 years to buy a piece of property becoming worthless.
    I wouldn't worry about that, houses will be cheap with all the foreclosures.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacon fat View Post
    i wouldn't worry about that, houses will be cheap with all the foreclosures.
    Mega !
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    < - San Diego here. Pretty much the only thing still out of normal is less traffic and less people out n about.

No issues with deliveries being late.

No need for coins, I use debit for everything.

Gas Prices are still lower than they were pre-covid.

No Issues with Take-out so far.

No one is going 120mph on the freeway, but 80-90mph is fine and has been quite safe proving that speed is not dangerous, but rather too many people on the road and too many distracted drivers is the real danger.

Go check out mission beach or encinitas on a Saturday/Sunday. It is seemingly more crowded than previous years.

I have had a few late deliveries. The biggest noticeable thing is how grocery prices just keep going up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GONE
    Nov 2008

What ever happened to uplifting fun threads in the OC. The kind that lets you escape [this] the BS of every day life?
    We'd be lying if there was any good news subjects to start a thread upon and escaping, if only for a short while, is exactly what have to do to keep our sanity. You've got a new bike which you take into the forest to ride. That's your escape. Sadly, my forms of temporary escape are no longer relieving the misery, hence this thread.

High Desert MTBer
    This is what I was hoping for. That the pandemic would bring people together like 911 did in 2001. But it's had the opposite effect. There's been hoarding, public arguments, fights, riots, murders,...
    Where the people were communally faced with the harsh realities of the shit that this virus brings, and were forced to come together or perish, as in NYC, we have seen the better side of people, as you were hoping Hawg. The opposite effects you speak of are mostly, as least as I see it, in the places where there has been little of this 'enforced' communal reaction for the common good. Hence the continuation and reinforcement of misplaced ideas, and a lack of concern for our less fortunate fellow humans.
    It's all Here. Now.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Where the people were communally faced with the harsh realities of the shit that this virus brings, and were forced to come together or perish, as in NYC, we have seen the better side of people, as you were hoping Hawg. The opposite effects you speak of are mostly, as least as I see it, in the places where there has been little of this 'enforced' communal reaction for the common good. Hence the continuation and reinforcement of misplaced ideas, and a lack of concern for our less fortunate fellow humans.
    So, in NY and similar cities were the general population is herded by design, the people have learned to become unherded?

And in wide open places like Los Angeles, the people have been herding up on purpose?

That's an oxymoron, is it not? The people in my region are both COVIDIOTS and moronic?

GONE
    Nov 2008
    And let me say that I never meant for this thread to become "another COVID thread". But I guess it is.

What I stated in my OP is what I have been seeing from humanity in recent years, to a lesser extent. In other words, this started before COVID but it's obvious that the pandemic has only intensified the issue.

mtbr member
    So, in NY and similar cities were the general population is herded by design, the people have learned to become unherded?

And in wide open places like Los Angeles, the people have been herding up on purpose?

That's an oxymoron, is it not? The people in my region are both COVIDIOTS and moronic?
    Yeah idk.
    Strict guidelines were put in place and the majority of people respected that. Donít know a single case of ďenforcementĒ by any sort of police or whatnot. Know countless that were called out by fellow citizens. It wasnít easy, it was a sacrifice, that everyone did as well as they could and it payed off. Whatís around the corner with more widespread cases is anyoneís guess, and completely depends on how much people do/actions to combat the spread. Unfortunately it has to get bad locally for most to take it seriously enough to act, NY no different
    Round and round we go

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Yeah idk.
    Strict guidelines were put in place and the majority of people respected that. Donít know a single case of ďenforcementĒ by any sort of police or whatnot. Know countless that were called out by fellow citizens. It wasnít easy, it was a sacrifice, that everyone did as well as they could and it payed off. Whatís around the corner with more widespread cases is anyoneís guess, and completely depends on how much people do/actions to combat the spread. Unfortunately it has to get bad locally for most to take it seriously enough to act, NY no different
    Further reinforcing my suspicion that the problem with humanity is the people.

mtbr member
    Further reinforcing my suspicion that the problem with humanity is the people.
    Thatís one way to look at it. Another is people acting together can defeat almost anything.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Only thing I noticed are drivers are complete aholes. But half of Phoenix metro area is under road construction. I might drive 150+ miles a day so I see a lot of it. They have no patience. It's also 110 degrees and hasn't rained since March so tempers are high.

The change thing lasted about a week however stores are still trying to round up your change to their benefit. I say give me my change and they have it. I think it's a scam. If it's under $10 I pay cash.

I don't have Facebook or Twitter and avoid national news. Plus I don't go on yahoo since they got rid of the comments section. That was entertaining.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Thatís one way to look at it. Another is people acting together can defeat almost anything.
    I like your POV mo beddah. Thanks for to positive thinking.

mtbr member
    I like your POV mo beddah. Thanks for to positive thinking.
    Glad I could help. You know weíre in desperate times when theMeat is the positive voice
    Have said it before and will say it again. Aside from the death, divisiveness, economy in the crapper, happy and exited to be alive! Feel like weíre on the brink of change. Unfortunate itís out of necessity, and it looks like we havenít hit rock bottom, but...
    Round and round we go

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Glad I could help. You know weíre in desperate times when theMeat is the positive voice

I like turtles. Does that help?

mtbr member
    I like turtles. Does that help?
    Turtles can breathe through their butt hole
    Round and round we go

Turtles can breathe through their butt hole
    Iím not so crazy about them now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    ^ how do you give them mouth to mouth?

One ring to mash them all
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    ^ how do you give them mouth to mouth?
    It's a bit of a shell game.
    Go Fact Yourself.

Real eyes realize real lies.

mtbr member
    I can exhale through my butthole.

My dog saw a dog on TV, went nuts and barked through her butthole at least once.
    Go Fact Yourself.

mtbr member
    The problem with people these days is everything has become so polarized and most people feel extremely emboldened in their narrow scope due to them living most of their lives in the digital realm and thus creating echo chambers.

We have branched off so many times in creating our personal identities that unless someone else is on that same branch we are quick to write them off, never looking to see that we are all a part of the same tree.

With so many peopleís everyday existence being shit (even pre pandemic) all they have is taking pleasure in thinking they are somehow elevated above the rest. This is how we have high school drop outs proclaiming they know more about X subject than people who devote their life to said subject and have phds. These types thinks the world revolves around them and make life hell for the rest of us.

High Desert MTBer

Actually not what I was saying at all!
    It's all Here. Now.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Actually not what I was saying at all!
    But it's true and the evidence is here for all to read.

mtbr member
    What in the hell is going on with our world and it's people? Nothing is running smoothly and it's getting worse fast.

Shippers are back logged and struggling to deliver on time, commonly late (higher more help!)
    Sellers are dragging their asses at getting the orders filled and sent out (get out of your COVID-COMA please)
    Banks are limiting coin requests (I can only get one roll of quarters per visit)
    Freight prices have skyrocketed causing supply prices to double in some cases (WTF?!)

What are experiencing in your corner of the world?
    You left out all those "Karens" too! Aweful behavior.

Turtles can also turn their shell inside out at will.

EAT MORE GRIME
    vote
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    vote
    Let's be honest.
    It doesn't make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Come to Tulsa.

Biggest issue we have is whether or not to paint over a BLM street mural in a historically black area(Greenwood dist...center of the 1920 race massacre) but it is all being handled in a very civil tone.

Low fuel prices, low taxes, reasonable property values, lots of work, decent trails (Bentonville is 2 hrs away too). Heck they will even pay you $10 grand to move here, if you qualify.

ALthough they say COVID is spiking here, I still don't personally know anyone in this area that has it.

We are not business as usual and taking precautions but it ain't bad here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    My dog saw a dog on TV, went nuts and barked through her butthole at least once.
    Did you get that checked out by a professional?

High Desert MTBer
    But it's true and the evidence is here for all to read.
    That does depend on your definitions of 'herded' and 'COVIDIOT' are! You are right about the basic flaw is with humanity tho. Another basic rule of the survival of humanity is that we can only do this by acting together in a communal way for the common good. Not like an ant tho... having been watching the ants yomping around our little pool lately, I don't want to be one of them. They don't have any fun.
    It's all Here. Now.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Iím home 95% of the time unless I am riding my bike. Otherwise, short trips to the local grocery store which do not require freeway travel. I guess I have it easy. But yes, seems as though for the pasty twenty years that at least 60% of the people on this planet are complete idiotsÖ and that at least 85% of them are from the U.S.
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

CEO Product Failure

Upset

IMO-all the logistical issues mentioned (coin shortages, gas prices, even the 100mph+ driving speed) are owed to the pandemic. I am sure other countries have most of these issues.

What they don't have is freedom to wave your middle finger to the world, denounce the pandemic as a hoax and wearing a mask is an infringement of their "constitutional" rights. Americans are showing the world we are a bunch of ass hats.

The loss of lives and loss of faith/trust/respect in my friends are the two biggest casualties of the pandemic (for me). Case in point--the shameful behavior occuring in my home town (see link to article below). I know several people who attended because they posted photos (of course) in their Facebook feed.

https://www.pjstar.com/news/20200805...yone-elsersquo

mtbr member
    Right?
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

mtbr member
    Mixed bag of humanity here depending on the company kept. I'm leaning towards negativity as of late and am trying hard to lean in the opposite directions. It's hard to escape the sh*t-show going on around us, including this seemingly endless virus.

So, day-to-day, enjoy what you can, and do the things you love.

Like someone else mentioned, why the f*ck is anyone in a hurry on the roads now? Slow down or hit a tree and quit ruining things for the rest of us who have appreciated a slower pace since March.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Mixed bag of humanity here depending on the company kept. I'm leaning towards negativity as of late and am trying hard to lean in the opposite directions. It's hard to escape the sh*t-show going on around us, including this seemingly endless virus.

Like someone else mentioned, why the f*ck is anyone in a hurry on the roads now? Slow down or hit a tree and quit ruining things for the rest of us who have appreciated a slower pace since March.
    I'm thinking the key to happiness in today's world, is a total disconnection from social media and the mainstream media.
    Probably wouldn't hurt to keep outta MTBR Off-Topic either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal-Cracker View Post
    I'm thinking the key to happiness in today's world, is a total disconnection from social media and the mainstream media.

I donít do total disconnection of Social Media, but limiting sure helps. I only do Instagram and YouTube. For the most part, I stay away from political stuff on there too. Bikes, hunting, home improvement, all escapes for me.

mtbr member

No doubt, I guarantee that would end all most all of the pointless bickering.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    Is there a glitch in the matrix?

Donít make me repeat myself.

GONE
    Nov 2008

I couldn't agree with you more. Where's that damned Pos Rep button when you need it?!

Straight out tha traila

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The New Fall Of Humanity-tyson.jpg  

some weird crazed desert dweller.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    RE: speeding on the freeway.

Some of you may have the illuminated message boards on your freeway/highway systems. Until today, all of them in my region had some COVID related message. Today it was changed to:

"This is a highway, not a speedway. Watch your speed."

A waste of time it is is
    RE: speeding on the freeway.

Some of you may have the illuminated message boards on your freeway/highway systems. Until today, all of them in my region had some COVID related message. Today it was changed to:

"This is a highway, not a speedway. Watch your speed."
    You are being watched Hawgs, everything you type is being scrutinized.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    You are being watched Hawgs, everything you type is being scrutinized.
    Story of my life.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    IMO-all the logistical issues mentioned (coin shortages, gas prices, even the 100mph+ driving speed) are owed to the pandemic. I am sure other countries have most of these issues.

What they don't have is freedom to wave your middle finger to the world, denounce the pandemic as a hoax and wearing a mask is an infringement of their "constitutional" rights. Americans are showing the world we are a bunch of ass hats.

The loss of lives and loss of faith/trust/respect in my friends are the two biggest casualties of the pandemic (for me). Case in point--the shameful behavior occuring in my home town (see link to article below). I know several people who attended because they posted photos (of course) in their Facebook feed.

https://www.pjstar.com/news/20200805...yone-elsersquo
    There must be a few more citizens in Peoria that are awake enough to read the above editorial see the truth there. In fact, Kudos to the author for defining the Civil War as a massive case of treason, and so the display of the Confederate flag is an act that at least approves of such treason. Good on them for making that point directly.
    Just call me Ray

well mannered lout
    Iíve decided to go the speed limit from now on. Thereís always traffic and itís always behind me.

My town has been in the papers lately because the racists have been speaking their ( tiny little) minds.

Two days after the storm and half the state was still without power and internet service. Cell service is pretty spotty during the day.

Opening the schools is still a question for discussion. Weíve been told the plan is full time/ on campus, but having conversations with people who are dealing with the logistics and legal exposure, itís unlikely that it can last. Iíll probably be home schooling Chickie, but weíll wait until the end of September to make a final decision.

So far all of my people are still well and content to keep very small social circles.

I do wish well for all you Off Cambered guys.
    Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

mtbr member
    Glad to see OC getting back to normal. Thatís a start.
    Round and round we go

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Yep

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post

+1 on that, bro
    Just call me Ray

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Yep

Hawg, it's been one of those days hasn't it? I get one myself from time to time. Makes me want take my NORMA chambered target rifle to one of the high-up places I've found over the years, and do something bad.
    Because the human condition has deteriorated so far.

Then I realize that most most of these urges are coming from me, and that I'm responsible for them. Then I go back home and hide the rifle again, real good.

In addition all our respective health/medical conditions are aggravated by giving in to those feelings, and I focus on letting them go, and I focus on letting them, like leaves drifting down creek.....we're both gonna benefit from that approach.
    Just call me Ray

well mannered lout
    Biggest issue I see is the virus still spreading like wildfire for a number of reasons, none of which I, or anyone I associate with, are causing, yet we are having to deal with it. This is what is responsible for many of the perceived shitty things going on in this country right now. I am dying, as we all are, but somewhat quicker. The tragic thing is, I am beginning to think it ain't such a bad thing after all
    Iím not surprised here, but still gutted. I think the world of you Chris.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Honestly I don't think it's the fall of humanity. Not even the ol' U.S. of A., though I do think that in reality we'll be declining as a super-power somewhat, which seems scary because those of us who live here have always lived in a country with leadership that saw themselves as the police of the world (albeit advantageously so). The fall of the Roman empire happened, wasn't the end of the world. The people living there figured it out. People hundreds of years ago survived the black plague (and many more would have with modern scientific and technological advancements).

That said this can only be seen as cheery in a collectivist sense. For many individuals this probably fuggin sucked big time. Great care and effort should be undertaken to reduce suffering as seen fit, but I'd be surprised if this is what did us in as a species or civilization as a whole.
    dang

Thicc Member
    It's an excellent excuse to be lazy, especially with that unemployment/bailout/welfare check arriving on time. My theory is that a big chunk of the population is taking a mental vacation until 2020 is over.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerVernon View Post
    It's an excellent excuse to be lazy, especially with that unemployment/bailout/welfare check arriving on time. My theory is that a big chunk of the population is taking a mental vacation until 2020 is over.

2020 will be over soon, I'm going for 2030.
    I brake for stinkbugs

well mannered lout
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    2020 will be over soon, I'm going for 2030.
    I started checking out some time in January of 2007.

mtbr member
    Like the here and now. 2020 is a reckoning. Should be welcomed
    Round and round we go

CEO Product Failure

Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    There must be a few more citizens in Peoria that are awake enough to read the above editorial see the truth there.
    Those who are awake are the minority. The Peoria area is amongst the leading IL counties with the highest Covid infection/transmission rates recently (latter part of July through early Aug).

IMO-the Peoria area wasn't hit in the initial pandemic spread (March-May) so the lemmings decided it was a hoax and/or the numbers are inflated. Once they decided that, all data and all news is ignored by cognitive dissonance and no warnings are headed. Case in point-was in Peoria recently to visit our son. There is a mask mandate in place for Peoria (I believe its state wide). Went to Home Depot. Sign on door reminds customers of mask mandate and offers a free mask if you are in need. Came across a few customers without mask (Home Depot no enforcing health codes). Heard one maskless woman explaining to a Home Depot employee that "when I find out which friend of mine has covid, I'm going to send my kids over for a playdate to catch it--you know, like our parents did when they wanted us to get chickenpox and build our immunity". No. My parents never did that. No way in hell I'd wish covid on ANYONE. But this lemming has it in her head differently.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Doing well around here, things are pretty normal.
    It's been weeks since the last positive test in my town, people are friendly and helpful as they've always been, and I've got more elves than ever helping lump dirt at our pumptrack.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The tragic thing is, I am beginning to think it ain't such a bad thing after all
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    There is a mask mandate in place for Peoria (I believe its state wide). Went to Home Depot. Sign on door reminds customers of mask mandate and offers a free mask if you are in need. Came across a few customers without mask (Home Depot no enforcing health codes). Heard one maskless woman explaining to a Home Depot employee that "when I find out which friend of mine has covid, I'm going to send my kids over for a playdate to catch it--you know, like our parents did when they wanted us to get chickenpox and build our immunity". No. My parents never did that. No way in hell I'd wish covid on ANYONE. But this lemming has it in her head differently.
    Strange. My local Home Depot requires all customers to wear masks. Without one, customers are denied entry.

EAT MORE GRIME
    dumb people are everywhere and I was ok a year ago not knowing how dumb everyone is. today it's ...information I'd like to forget.

I had covid-19 and it ain't pretty. almost died and was mighty F-ed up for 2 months, and that was a mild case. 2000 people in the USA died in the last 24 hours from covid-19 doncha know...new records daily..USA#1

we need new leadership to grab this by the sack and say everyone wear a mask no ifs/ands/or buts and it'll help tamp this down but no we have clowns instead
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

NDD
    mtbr member
    ^Glad you managed to stay on this side of existence.
    dang

well mannered lout
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    You know sh1ts getting real when Slap-manís only comment is a frowniy emoji.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I heard on NPR (So I know it's gotta be true) the the U.S. comprises 4% of the planetary population, but has produced 25% of the COVID deaths. USA!!!
    Just call me Ray

mtbr member
    ^Heard the same.

Today in the grocery store basically any steak you would want to buy was $24.99 a pound. Usually in this grocery store choice NY strip, T-bone, and Ribeye range from $7.99 to $9.99 a pound. Who says you can't just print money forever? There are still things that never came back in stock and the shelves never really went back to pre-covid...at least visually.

The possibility that this country will crater is very very real. We're just so conditioned we don't take stock in how far we've slid.

At least toilet paper and hand sanitizer are readily available.
    Go Fact Yourself.

I heard on NPR (So I know it's gotta be true) the the U.S. comprises 4% of the planetary population, but has produced 25% of the COVID deaths. USA!!!
    If that's true (the COVID deaths %) then that's actually an improvement. I think it was around 30% in early June.

Brazil, Mexico and India have really stepped up their game.
    Go Fact Yourself.

mtbr member
    Things are looking up

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Iím not surprised here, but still gutted. I think the world of you Chris.
    Thanks 😊 having lived thru some quite difficult times in my life, and having actually studied from books aní tings, and read a LOT of history, I have little doubt we will get thru this latest turdscramble. I believe we shall get thru, but at what cost? We know that 160,000 of us wonít have made it thru, and likely that number will double at least before we can start to breathe deep again.
    Rather selfishly, I most want to see my family again, and at least give them all a hug I also very much hope that what Hawg was wishing for will come true. We may very well see some of the good stuff shine thru after the gloom. I do actually see some of that already, but self serving greed needs to disappear before we can truly say we have improved. My desire to see my family is eclipsed by those poor souls who never even got a chance to say goodbye to their loved ones before the virus took them so unexpectedly.
    I will of course continue to keep taking those dastardly drugs and bathing in cell-scouring radiation because I owe it to my loved ones and to myself. I gotta at least finish the book! Perhaps if I keep scratching my head over the intro chapter, Iíll gain some time
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Thanks  having lived thru some quite difficult times in my life, and having actually studied from books aní tings, and read a LOT of history, I have little doubt we will get thru this latest turdscramble. I believe we shall get thru, but at what cost? We know that 160,000 of us wonít have made it thru, and likely that number will double at least before we can start to breathe deep again.
    Rather selfishly, I most want to see my family again, and at least give them all a hug I also very much hope that what Hawg was wishing for will come true. We may very well see some of the good stuff shine thru after the gloom. I do actually see some of that already, but self serving greed needs to disappear before we can truly say we have improved. My desire to see my family is eclipsed by those poor souls who never even got a chance to say goodbye to their loved ones before the virus took them so unexpectedly.
    I will of course continue to keep taking those dastardly drugs and bathing in cell-scouring radiation because I owe it to my loved ones and to myself. I gotta at least finish the book! Perhaps if I keep scratching my head over the intro chapter, Iíll gain some time
    Yeah
    Weíll make it. The ďnew normalĒ is and is going to be anyoneís guess, on so many levels.
    Did you hear George Floyd is not dead, itís a hoax
    Round and round we go

High Desert MTBer
    Yeah
    Weíll make it. The ďnew normalĒ is and is going to be anyoneís guess, on so many levels.
    Did you hear George Floyd is not dead, itís a hoax
    This 'new normal' better not involve the usual pond scum we have been so accepting of lately, even if we recognize it as such. That is step one, but we will need to go further for the new normal to be decent...

I want to go to the restaurant we had lunch at in Torino when I was there just before Italy started locking down, and where the chef would come and chat about the menu choices before cooking them for you Next time I want my wife to be with me tho!

I want to go back to NZ and drive around the Islands without any coherent plan, but with my wife this time

I'd also like to go sit in the new restaurant about 5 miles from my house, which amazingly has the best Indian food I have ever eaten in the USA! I figure take out loses a little by the time you get it home, so any small improvement should elevate from magnificently wonderful to mind-bogglingly earth-shatteringly good... With my wife of course
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    This 'new normal' better not involve the usual pond scum we have been so accepting of lately, even if we recognize it as such. That is step one, but we will need to go further for the new normal to be decent...

I want to go to the restaurant we had lunch at in Torino when I was there just before Italy started locking down, and where the chef would come and chat about the menu choices before cooking them for you Next time I want my wife to be with me tho!

I want to go back to NZ and drive around the Islands without any coherent plan, but with my wife this time

I'd also like to go sit in the new restaurant about 5 miles from my house, which amazingly has the best Indian food I have ever eaten in the USA! I figure take out loses a little by the time you get it home, so any small improvement should elevate from magnificently wonderful to mind-bogglingly earth-shatteringly good... With my wife of course
    Funny you bring up restaurants. A hard biz. Love, dedication, and hard work to make it successful. Restaurants look to take a beaten next year or... Hearing crazy 3 out of four closure in small restaurants.
    With responsible return to school plans lunch one of the hardest hurdles.
    Round and round we go

High Desert MTBer
    Funny you bring up restaurants. A hard biz. Love, dedication, and hard work to make it successful. Restaurants look to take a beaten next year or... Hearing crazy 3 out of four closure in small restaurants.
    With responsible return to school plans lunch one of the hardest hurdles.
    My Mum and Dad spent a few years involved in the food and bev service industry back in the day. My Dad left the Army and went to open a British pub in Brussels in '68, and my Mum opened a private club/restaurant after we left the pub. The pub was a massive success, but Dad never made anything out of it, he was a crap business man like me. The club my Mum had was great, but again, business acumen was in short supply, and even tho she put her all into it, personal issues, (divorce etc etc) killed it all. I know only too well what a tough life it can be on a small scale.
    And then today I hear my father in law has just invested in a small restaurant in St Louis! That's either very dumb or very shrewd, the jury is out...
    It's all Here. Now.

NDD
    mtbr member
    My Mum and Dad spent a few years involved in the food and bev service industry back in the day. My Dad left the Army and went to open a British pub in Brussels in '68, and my Mum opened a private club/restaurant after we left the pub. The pub was a massive success, but Dad never made anything out of it, he was a crap business man like me. The club my Mum had was great, but again, business acumen was in short supply, and even tho she put her all into it, personal issues, (divorce etc etc) killed it all. I know only too well what a tough life it can be on a small scale.
    And then today I hear my father in law has just invested in a small restaurant in St Louis! That's either very dumb or very shrewd, the jury is out...
    It could be ok now. Restaurants are very mixed in level of openness, though most are offering some level of dine-in service. Do you mind if I ask which restaurant?

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
    dang

mtbr member
    Oct 2018

What are you experiencing in your corner of the world?
    I haven't ordered anything online -can't speak to the delays in an order. That is not unusual for me -I rarely order anything.

I haven't been to a bank but twice. Once to pull out cash from ATM pre-covid, to have cash on-hand. And once to deposit a check via ATM.

I only use my card at the grocery store, and usually go early (7:00 a.m.) on a Saturday or Sunday. I haven't see anybody pay with cash to understand how the change return is taking place. That's my normal too, except during the week at 5:00 (like the old days) I'd always be behind people waiting).
    I want to ride my bike in the morning, I'm going to the grocery store this evening. Maybe I'll see somebody paying in cash.

Gas prices are almost as expensive as they were pre-covid. Up 60-80 cents in a month.

Drivers sound normal.
    I don't see the high-speed incidents you speak of though.
    Watched a guy pass me (I was driving nearly 80) between my front right bumper and the back left of a semi-trailer. A sketch pass, not unfamiliar to the rider as he seems comfortable weaving that way through my rear-view until he was ahead of me. That's common for sport bike riders though.

I haven't purchased food from a restaurant since early March so can't say how the stock at a restaurant is either.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post
    I haven't ordered anything online -can't speak to the delays in an order. That is not unusual for me -I rarely order anything.

I haven't been to a bank but twice. Once to pull out cash from ATM pre-covid, to have cash on-hand. And once to deposit a check via ATM.

I only use my card at the grocery store, and usually go early (7:00 a.m.) on a Saturday or Sunday. I haven't see anybody pay with cash to understand how the change return is taking place. That's my normal too, except during the week at 5:00 (like the old days) I'd always be behind people waiting).
    I want to ride my bike in the morning, I'm going to the grocery store this evening. Maybe I'll see somebody paying in cash.

Gas prices are almost as expensive as they were pre-covid. Up 60-80 cents in a month.

Drivers sound normal.
    I don't see the high-speed incidents you speak of though.
    Watched a guy pass me (I was driving nearly 80) between my front right bumper and the back left of a semi-trailer. A sketch pass, not unfamiliar to the rider as he seems comfortable weaving that way through my rear-view until he was ahead of me. That's common for sport bike riders though.

I haven't purchased food from a restaurant since early March so can't say how the stock at a restaurant is either.
    You seem independent and fairly disconnected from the outside world. How do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post
    Go Fact Yourself.

the half breed devil

DJ, we live in barbaric times.

The New Fall Of Humanity-116877582_3221810054531624_4118941315586265226_o.jpg

^Nice - the joke and the butt of the joke self-contained.
    Go Fact Yourself.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    It could be ok now. Restaurants are very mixed in level of openness, though most are offering some level of dine-in service. Do you mind if I ask which restaurant?

I don't even know the name yet, but will find out. His last restaurant investment was a good one, he financed Sam Fox (Fox Restaurant Concepts: True Food, Zinburger, Sauce, Flower Child, Olive & Ivy, Wildflower, Culinary Dropout etc etc etc), right at the start of his career in AZ. That turned out to be a keen choice!
    It's all Here. Now.

A waste of time it is is
    I don't even know the name yet, but will find out. His last restaurant investment was a good one, he financed Sam Fox (Fox Restaurant Concepts: True Food, Zinburger, Sauce, Flower Child, Olive & Ivy, Wildflower, Culinary Dropout etc etc etc), right at the start of his career in AZ. That turned out to be a keen choice!
    Sam Fox as in Samatha Fox?

The New Fall Of Humanity-samantha-fox-wearing-polkadot-swimsuit-ryw93e.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Not seeing these problems in Mississippi or Florida. Recently drove from Florida to Washington and didnít see these issues. However I didnít travel into or through any large cities mainly because I donít trust city governments that have excused rioting to continue.

High Desert MTBer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samantha-fox-wearing-a-polkadot-swimsuit-RYW93E.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	215.6 KB 
ID:	1355681
    Heheh! Someone had to do it, and it wasn't gonna be anyone on this side of the Pond
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member

Thank you for the uplifting post emu.
    DAAAANG...that was janky

A waste of time it is is
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir kayakalot View Post
    Thank you for the uplifting post emu.
    Always happy to lend a helping hand in support where needed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I find myself rolling my eyes more and I've taken to driving in the slow lane ... I also listen to Frank when I drive.

Meh, humans have always been a PITA.
    GG Shred Dogg 27+/29 (go fast!)
    RSD Wildcat V2 (backyard kicks)
    Pivot Shuttle 27.5 (wifeys)

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    I find myself rolling my eyes more and I've taken to driving in the slow lane ... I also listen to Frank when I drive.

Meh, humans have always been a PITA.
    Frank, as in Zappa?

mtbr member
    Frank Stallone, for sure.
    https://youtu.be/jkbpFuJzpc8

mtbr member
    Gotta be Sinatra Baby
    Round and round we go

Big Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    Frank, as in Zappa?
    Black. Frank Black. I just know it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    Black. Frank Black. I just know it.

Yes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Wait until we get zombie virus.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Gotta be Sinatra Baby
    For the win!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post

That's just the side effect from the vaccine talking ...

mtbr member
    Welcome to Planet Venezuela
    All I am saying is give pizza chants

mtbr member
    For the win!
    Ah cha cha cha cha
    Round and round we go

Cycologist
    SoÖ what was the OLD fall of humanity, that whole thing with the apple in that garden?
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    SoÖ what was the OLD fall of humanity, that whole thing with the apple in that garden?
    It was everything prior to COVID-19. And there's plenty to complain about from the period as well.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post

for me, that was when weed started becoming legalized...

..or the advent of Social Media/Instagram/Tik-tok etc....

but I am an old guy
    Go Practice. Figure it out - Fleas

15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    I think the 90's was the best decade in history. In terms of civil liberties and economic opportunities, cultural advancement, music

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_BC View Post
    I think the 90's was the best decade in history. In terms of civil liberties and economic opportunities, cultural advancement, music
    It probably depends on when you transitioned from high school to college and real life. And also the price of weed when you were in college. But in the larger view, each decade has been the most awesomest decade ever.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    It had it's moments but it sure was a confused time for music.

Snow Dog
    It had it's moments but it sure was a confused time for music.
    yeah, to me, the 90's was the death of music...

...or the first time I realized i was "getting old"

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by str8edgMTBMXer View Post
    yeah, to me, the 90's was the death of music...

...or the first time I realized i was "getting old"
    The way I see it music lost its way in the 80s. So many stupid songs, retard tempos and beats. Think mtv had a big part of that, determining what got popular. In the 90s music found a path back imo, starting with grunge
    Round and round we go

the half breed devil
    The way I see it music lost its way in the 80s. So many stupid songs, retard tempos and beats. Think mtv had a big part of that, determining what got popular. In the 90s music found a path back imo, starting with grunge

i had to edit my posts because i had initially disagreed with you (and MTBMXr) until i re-read both of them.

as a community/college radio DJ from '92-'99 then from '09-'16, i must say i found some gems during my time at KUSF and the music director of KUSF's rise-from-the-ashes station, KXSF/san francisco community radio.

sure, most mainstream music for commercial consumption is bad along with much of the music i was sent for review as MD from some distributors i will not name, but if you dig and keep your eyes and ears open, you'll find very good stuff.

mugstar
    juana molina
    boogarins
    the band whose name is a symbol
    no joy
    kurt vile
    oblivians
    mt mountain
    glenn jones
    dustin wong
    dustin wong with takako minekawa

shall i continue or shall i stop?

don't give up on music, guys--open your ears and eyes, look in different places than you're accustomed to and always keep digging...

mtbr member
    ^Love me some Kurt Vile shekky, he comes out every weekend going on several years now. Yes, please continue.
    https://youtu.be/U6VpRKMu0Ig
    Courtney Barnett is badass in her own right too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    i had to edit my posts because i had initially disagreed with you until i re-read both of them.

as a community/college radio DJ from '92-'99 then from '09-'16, i must say i found some gems during my time at KUSF and the music director of KUSF's rise-from-the-ashes station, KXSF/san francisco community radio.

sure, most mainstream music for commercial consumption is bad along with much of the music i was sent for review as MD from some distributors i will not name, but if you dig and keep your eyes and ears open, you'll find very good stuff.

mugstar
    juana molina
    boogarins
    the band whose name is a symbol
    no joy
    kurt vile
    oblivians
    mt mountain
    glenn jones
    dustin wong
    dustin wong with takako minekawa

shall i continue or shall i stop?

don't give up on music, guys--open your ears and eyes, look in different places than you're accustomed to and always keep digging...

Oh i agree. Thereís so much talent out there itís crazy. An interesting time, now, in music. With record labels loosing complete control to easy media and internet. Also stand by my above post. Will adjust to say Ďmainstreamí music lost its way in the 80s. Now if youíll excuse me, itís time to do the safety dance. You can dance if you want to... itís easy, just walk like an Egyptian. Unless youíre too sexy for your shirt
    Round and round we go

mtbr member

..or the advent of Social Media/Instagram/Tik-tok etc....

but I am an old guy
    I'm not old. But my name isn't Dennis. But I agree social media is the downfall

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post
    I'm not old. But my name isn't Dennis. But I agree social media is the downfall
    ďOldĒ is relative
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    ďOldĒ is relative
    I'm not old. I'm 37. You could have asked

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Music in the '90s. There was lots of talent popping up then. I just didn't care for the style, such as Grunge. We adapt to what is hot in music at the time when music is an influence in our lives, such as in our youths.

I was a teen in the 80s, so that's the music that made an impression on me.

mtbr member
    I'm not old. I'm 37. You could have asked
    No need to ask. Old is relative. To a senior youíre young. To a teen youíre old. To me youíre azimiut
    Round and round we go

GONE
    Nov 2008
    No need to ask. Old is relative. To a senior youíre young. To a teen youíre old. To me youíre azimiut

I've always thought of OC as a middle-aged crisis club.

mtbr member
    Was trying to see if anyone caught the monty python reference.

mtbr member
    Music in the '90s. There was lots of talent popping up then. I just didn't care for the style, such as Grunge. We adapt to what is hot in music at the time when music is an influence in our lives, such as in our youths.

I was a teen in the 80s, so that's the music that made an impression on me.
    You donít have to like basketball to know Micheal Jordan was great. Doesnít matter what songs you jammed to with your mates in high school. The Stones, Dylan, Neil Young, Clapton, CSN, The Grateful Dead, Creedence, Jefferson Airplane and a bunch more left on a heap. Reggae pretty much died with Marley and whatíd we get? UB freakin 40? Was the death of independent radio stations and the birth of syndicated stations with pop regurgitation.
    There was some good music in the 80s but come on man. Get down on it. Donít be a super freak! Did you go Bananarama?
    Round and round we go

This post brought to you by "Have People Lost Their ****ing Minds?" and the number 5:

Mask dispute leads to couple's assault on teen Sesame Place worker, police say
    Go Fact Yourself.

the half breed devil
    You donít have to like basketball to know Micheal Jordan was great. Doesnít matter what songs you jammed to with your mates in high school. The Stones, Dylan, Neil Young, Clapton, CSN, The Grateful Dead, Creedence, Jefferson Airplane and a bunch more left on a heap. Reggae pretty much died with Marley and whatíd we get? UB freakin 40? Was the death of independent radio stations and the birth of syndicated stations with pop regurgitation.
    There was some good music in the 80s but come on man. Get down on it. Donít be a super freak! Did you go Bananarama?
    the english beat, thank you. 1980 some good music...

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Iím pretty sure it was when the humans ate the remaining Neanderthals

High Desert MTBer
    I don't think that grouping music or culture into decades is anything other than a convenient and meaningless irrlevance.
    There has been wonderful music throughout my life, in the 50s, the 60s, 70s, 80s etc until now. There will be more! There will always be talent, and there will always be some guy trying to make a buck out of that. The worst issue is when talent is strangled by formulaic nonsense. When an outside party, anyone not a part of the creative process, tries to steer the boat towards any outcome that does not nurture the talent, the music will stagnate.

The 90s had some great music, and a bunch of crap too...
    It's all Here. Now.

the half breed devil
    I don't think that grouping music or culture into decades is anything other than a convenient and meaningless irrlevance.
    There has been wonderful music throughout my life, in the 50s, the 60s, 70s, 80s etc until now. There will be more! There will always be talent, and there will always be some guy trying to make a buck out of that. The worst issue is when talent is strangled by formulaic nonsense. When an outside party, anyone not a part of the creative process, tries to steer the boat towards any outcome that does not nurture the talent, the music will stagnate.

this is true.

just as there is a new crop of trouser-wearing numbnut lizards every decade...

mtbr member

The trick is locating the good music (when it's not mainstream). Having a daughter in college helps because she's plays her stuff around the house or car, and gets us interested in artists that we wouldn't be exposed to. Lots of good shizz out there if you can find it.

Interestingly, she's just gotten into music from the 80's (my high school and college daze) via a friend, and is always asking me about the artists. Very cool....anything from New Order to Fugazi and anywhere in-between. Good bonding ops.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    In the '80s, I was a metal head. Had hair half way down my back, hated every other type of music except for punk rock. By the time the 2000s came, I expanded my horizons. I like all types of music these days. Well, except for Country music. Male Country singers sound like cry babies to me.

the half breed devil
    here is how this whole thing happened, in a song.

note the role of nicodemus:

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Frank

For the win!
    I missed that by a few miles

NDD
    mtbr member
    Male Country singers sound like cry babies to me.
    Take it back

dang

mtbr member
    Take it back

No way. How many my dog died and/or Gf left me songs can one genre handle
    Round and round we go

NDD
    mtbr member
    I dunno why is every pop song about gettin' yer nut? I would much rather listen to any of those topics than whatever buzzword soup passes as new country these days. Plus you only have to go a little down the alt country rabbit hole to avoid such topics.

dang

mtbr member
    I dunno why is every pop song about gettin' yer nut? I would much rather listen to any of those topics than whatever buzzword soup passes as new country these days. Plus you only have to go a little down the alt country rabbit hole to avoid such topics.

So serious. Maybe some 80s pop will cut you a little loose. My suggestion, foot loose while dancing in front of mirror
    Round and round we go

NDD
    mtbr member
    So serious. Maybe some 80s pop will cut you a little loose. My suggestion, foot loose while dancing in front of mirror
    LMFAO that movie drives me nuts. Those kids were CRIMINALS do we idolize those that Break the LAW now!?!?

dang

High Desert MTBer
    After 2 years on the road with Keith Urban, and countless repetitive award shows which all got very confusing, I gotta agree with you here meat. I think I may have had a 'girlfriend got it on with my dog, took my truck and hightailed it' verse in one song somewhere along the line...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Doncha forgit fish'n
    https://youtu.be/2REsKtdOugE

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Who is Samantha fox?

Rabid Lana Fan
    I think she's a model for Alamy Stock Photography.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    Some chubby Midwestern teenager.

High Desert MTBer
    Samantha Fox was a Page 3 girl in the Sun newspaper back in the heyday of such things in the 80s. She went on to an illustrious career as a "singer", and then kind of faded away. Picard, unless you are female, Sam would not be remotely interested in you...
    It's all Here. Now.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Samantha Fox was a Page 3 girl in the Sun newspaper back in the heyday of such things in the 80s. She went on to an illustrious career as a "singer", and then kind of faded away. Picard, unless you are female, Sam would not be remotely interested in you...
    Was Sam a same sex batter?

mtbr member
    I was on the 405 over the weekend and I did notice that the flow of traffic was 80+. I was doing almost 90 and didn't even realize it since I was going at the flow of traffic. Today on the 5 north I did see a couple cars getting pulled over. The CHP has stepped it up on the 5 through Santa Clarita.

Snow Dog
    Was trying to see if anyone caught the monty python reference.
    oh yeah, I got it...timeless!!!

and for me, grunge was the death of music...well, mainstream music. I had always lived with one ear in the underground, but in the 90's, I willingly put both in, and was so glad.

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    How come nobody is talking about the downfall when WWF/WWE changed their product from pg-13 to pg? That ruined cable syndicated wrestling.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by austink26 View Post
    How come nobody is talking about the downfall when WWF/WWE changed their product from pg-13 to pg? That ruined cable syndicated wrestling.

I do not know what this means...
    It's all Here. Now.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    how come nobody is talking about the downfall when wwf/wwe changed their product from pg-13 to pg? That ruined cable syndicated wrestling.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    lol

mtbr member
    The problem with people these days is everything has become so polarized and most people feel extremely emboldened in their narrow scope due to them living most of their lives in the digital realm and thus creating echo chambers.

We have branched off so many times in creating our personal identities that unless someone else is on that same branch we are quick to write them off, never looking to see that we are all a part of the same tree.

With so many peopleís everyday existence being shit (even pre pandemic) all they have is taking pleasure in thinking they are somehow elevated above the rest. This is how we have high school drop outs proclaiming they know more about X subject than people who devote their life to said subject and have phds. These types thinks the world revolves around them and make life hell for the rest of us.

Entitlement. I don't get it.

Maybe a big dose of reality will get us back on track.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member

and for me, grunge was the death of music...well, mainstream music. I had always lived with one ear in the underground, but in the 90's, I willingly put both in, and was so glad.
    Ditto that. Here in the PNW they love their Nirvana. Me, not so much.

mtbr member
    Ditto that. Here in the PNW they love their Nirvana. Me, not so much.

His voice grates on me. Not a fan at all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    It comes with age, face it, we're old and they're young, we're stoopid and they're young and kow everything.

I got two twenty somethings, one is mostly through this stage, the other is smack dab in the middle of it. My brother, he never left that stage and he just turned fifty

If you try real hard, you may remember being a know it all when you were in your twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    Entitlement. I don't get it.

Maybe a big dose of reality will get us back on track.

the half breed devil
    It comes with age, face it, we're old and they're young, we're stoopid and they're young and kow everything.

I got two twenty somethings, one is mostly through this stage, the other is smack dab in the middle of it. My brother, he never left that stage and he just turned fifty

If you try real hard, you may remember being a know it all when you were in your twenties.
    i am hard to get along with now at age 58, imagine how difficult i was at 21...

The USA went from 4 million to 5 million confirmed cases in 17 days.

Watch the video.

https://news.yahoo.com/chief-protest...195528309.html

mtbr member
    The worst part about all this is I can't zip 500 feet across the border to pick up stuff I order from the states anymore. Now I have to get it shipped up here and they charge an arm and a leg for customs and border fees etc. It's all about me me me ....

mtbr member
    The worst part about all this is I can't zip 500 feet across the border to pick up stuff I order from the states anymore. Now I have to get it shipped up here and they charge an arm and a leg for customs and border fees etc. It's all about me me me ....
    No Mark, the worst part is that I can drive up there and go riding. I love BC and had to replan my family vacation from Revvy to Utah.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Your'e pretty much no different from all the rest of us, Mark.
    Just call me Ray

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    The USA went from 4 million to 5 million confirmed cases in 17 days.

Watch the video.

https://news.yahoo.com/chief-protest...195528309.html

News reporter: "For some people, it doesn't hit home until it hits home"..

...Duh.........
    Just call me Ray

High Desert MTBer
    News reporter: "For some people, it doesn't hit home until it hits home"..

...Duh.........
    Victim: "they told me this was all a hoax..!" ... akk... <croak>...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    The question to me on this topic is, who exactly are "some people"/ What are the demographics?
    Just call me Ray

CEO Product Failure

We the people ...

The question to me on this topic is, who exactly are "some people"/ What are the demographics?
    This article goes a long way (for me) in explaining "some people":

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/16/healt...ess/index.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    College students seem to have been well represented from the beginning right on through to now.

In Massachusetts at this point, the list of of towns/cities that still have the highest rates of infection (by far) aligns almost perfectly with the towns/cities with the highest Hispanic populations. Seems to be not an uncommon trend elsewhere also.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...nd-in-wimauma/
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    College students seem to have been well represented from the beginning right on through to now.

In Massachusetts at this point, the list of of towns/cities that still have the highest rates of infection (by far) aligns almost perfectly with the towns/cities with the highest Hispanic populations. Seems to be not an uncommon trend elsewhere also.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...nd-in-wimauma/
    One of my doc friends was talking about this. I posted a bit about it in one of these covid threads...
    The theory is fat cells. Hispanics have more than average, giving covid more opportunity to latch on. This has nothing to do with how fat a person is, only how many fat cells.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    One of my doc friends was talking about this. I posted a bit about it in one of these covid threads...
    The theory is fat cells. Hispanics have more than average, giving covid more opportunity to latch on. This has nothing to do with how fat a person is, only how many fat cells.
    Interesting.

Looks like fat in general helps the virus.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/115596...e-coronavirus/
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Life's a Garden, dig it!

That's interesting, but where I live, we have a huge Hispanic population associated with our vineyard workers. Many live as large extended families and social distancing is non-existent among them. Social interactions outside the dwelling also play a factor, for sure.

My son manages a huge vineyard and a hundred or so workers on any given day and his observations are that his workers take advised precautions while on his property, but when he sees them out in the community, notsomuch! Not sure if it's a language barrier or social dynamics at work. I suspect the latter.
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by profibrahim View Post
    Are you in need of a revenge spell? Do you want the person that has harmed you get what they deserve? My voodoo revenge spells will do just that. Cast it to punish your enemies with misfortune, curses, hexes & bad luck in their lives. Can be specific or general depending on the outcome you want. My spells exact suffering on a person who has genuinely caused you to suffer or has caused you to lose something you hold dear.
    Ruin someone elseís life with misfortune revenge spells that will wreck havoc in the life of your enemy or rival. Cause someone to have bad luck with love, money or business with my powerful misfortune revenge spells. Whatever a person tries to do after this spell will not prosper for a fixed period of time. Has someone taken away your lover? Did your ex-lover treat so bad & cause suffering in your life then dump you for no apparent reason? Did a love rival breakup your marriage or relationship? Did someone curse your love life giving you a string of bad relationships & marriages? My powerful love revenge spells will give you revenge against a specific person who has caused suffering in your love life.
    Revenge spells to punish someone until you are fully avenged. Revenge spells to teach someone a lesson they will never forget using voodoo revenge spells. My spells of revenge will inflict serious harm on your enemies, so do not use my revenge spells unless you are sure. Revenge spells for cheaters & your enemies. Revenge spells and curses to help you get the ultimate revenge. Voodoo revenge spells for cheaters, ex lovers, your enemies & people who want to harm you. Give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot & to punish your enemies with revenge curses & spells for revenge.
    If someone has truly wronged you and you want to get back on them with the ultimate revenge spell, then try this witchcraft death revenge spells. The most precious asset we have is life so the death revenge spell is by far the most powerful revenge spell in the world as it will lead to the death. I only cast the death revenge spell when you have given me all the proof that the person you want to cast upon deserves death as punishment. Spells for revenge to cause your enemy to have sleepless nights & frightening dreams. Banish bad dreams & nightmares if someone has cast bad dreams revenge spells.

: +27785149508 /+19794644113
    [email protected]
    WEB:Powerful Afrcian Spells
    African Ancient Spells
    African Ancient Spells
    lol
    Go Fact Yourself.

mtbr member
    Just great, so now we have a racist virus, first the black population was more at risk and now hispanics.
    Somebody wake me on jan 1 next year so I can start over.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    I still have yet to know anybody personally who has been tested positive. I hear my friends brothers cousins roommate took a test and might have been positive but don't know yet. I'm not saying people are not sick but I have yet to have a confirmed case in friends and family.
    Dont make me go all Jonathan Winters on this gas station.

The lady who used to live across the hall from my mom at her assisted living place just died today from it. However, she had recently been moved to a different building for memory care.

2 other positive cases popped up last week, one in my mom's building and the other in the memory care bldg. So, full lockdown in place. My mom had been able to see visitors in the lobby, and venture out for 20 minutes per day to run errands. No more.
    Go Fact Yourself.

the half breed devil
    I still have yet to know anybody personally who has been tested positive. I hear my friends brothers cousins roommate took a test and might have been positive but don't know yet. I'm not saying people are not sick but I have yet to have a confirmed case in friends and family.
    one of my co workers tested positive shortly after our design office reopened. she had to quarantine for two weeks. she didn't get sick as far as i know.

she's a healthy gal from texas in her early thirties, i would guess.
    Last edited by shekky; 08-19-2020 at 07:38 AM.

well mannered lout
    The bus company start-up/safety meeting for the new school year was held yesterday. Of 25 people there only one other driver kept a mask on the majority of the time. Our site manager never went near a mask, but he's a bit uncouth about everything he does. Even our district safety coordinator couldn't keep her mask on and she was laying out the new protocol for how we need to make students wear their masks at all times. What a joke...I should have walked off.

CT just revised the face covering mandate days ago, now requiring anyone who claims a medical exemption to cary proof of their medical condition with them. We've had pretty good success limiting the spread of C19 in my part of the world, but I expect it should all go to shite soon.

mtbr member
    I guess I've also been lucky. It took 6 months into the pandemic for me to actually know someone that tested positive for the virus. (He claimed that, "he's had worse hangovers.")

Good news here:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/long...t-cells-2020-8

mtbr member
    Friend of a friend died. Older couple came back from Portugal with it.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    One of my employees and his fiance' both had it and tested positive. They're both young with no underlying conditions. Both had "normal" flu-like symptoms.
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

mtbr member
    My childhood best friend and his gf (30yrs old) both got it very early on. He was one of those people who didnít think it was a serious threat and didnít alter his behaviors at all. He says he was essentially debilitated for 10 days.

Another friend lost his grandma to it.

Snow Dog
    our neighbor, and her 3 brothers and sisters tested positive after a family gathering.

my wife works at our Childrens Hospital and they have 7-10 cases roughly a week, so she is around them

at one of my schools, 4 of the teachers got it separately over the summer (not while at school)...

it is a thing

LET IT SNOW!

well mannered lout

at one of my schools, 4 of the teachers got it separately over the summer (not while at school)...

it is a thing
    How are you feeling about school opening?

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    How are you feeling about school opening?
    personally, I don't think anything should have been opened...I think we are *****footing around kicking this this virus thing's ass to assuage a minority of people who feel their rights are being stepped on...I think that if we would have done what many countries who are now on the other side of the virus did first, we would not be worried about this now. Sometimes group survival overrides personal freedom...but that is another story....

my high school is doing a hybrid of virtual classes and live classes until the end of Sept, then reassessing. Basically, A-M is in the building on Day X, and N-Z is on day Y rotating. The days they are not in, they are on live streaming classes at home. We are in the building every day. We still have band after school, but that is all outside, and very easy to deal with the safety factor...

middle school A is doing regular school with safety measures being applied like distancing; lunches come from home; masks; ...I have a feeling they will go the route of the high school soon

middle school B is doing this weird thing where they are not letting the kids change class rooms for the whole day. I think that is REALLY going to blow up in their faces...

at both middle schools, I will probably be doing band online, and then in the building once a week, rather than my normal 3 days a week. That is pretty much what I did in the Spring minus the live setting.

I do believe that kids need the socialization etc of school, but this will never get back to normal, where that can happen with regularity, if we don't end this crap for real now.

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Over (orders of magnitude over likely) 20 million infected. This is here to stay. With luck it will mutate less aggressive, the rest is wishful thinking.

Snow Dog
    Over (orders of magnitude over likely) 20 million infected. This is here to stay. With luck it will mutate less aggressive, the rest is wishful thinking.

that is also a possible reality...we were talking about that this morning while trying to figure out the long term prospects of how school will look...

I don't believe that we will erase the virus...but just hopefully control an maintain like the regular flu

LET IT SNOW!

We still have band after school, but that is all outside, and very easy to deal with the safety factor...
    How the hell do you play a wind instrument through a mask?
    Go Fact Yourself.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    How the hell do you play a wind instrument through a mask?
    you don't, but there is barely any air that actually comes out of the ends of a wind instrument. We do have bell covers that go across the bells of the brass, and the flutes and clarinets have these guard things that "contain" their air.

the way I see it is if the football guys are allowed to hit, sweat, and roll around with each other, all cautionary measures are out the window...

LET IT SNOW!

EAT MORE GRIME
    you don't, but there is barely any air that actually comes out of the ends of a wind instrument. We do have bell covers that go across the bells of the brass, and the flutes and clarinets have these guard things that "contain" their air.

the way I see it is if the football guys are allowed to hit, sweat, and roll around with each other, all cautionary measures are out the window...

wind instruments drool spit, so theres that.

spit valves are a thing, covid reservoirs
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_key
    Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 08-20-2020 at 05:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Yeah spit valves, yum.
    In places where infections are more than 5%, they shouldnít be opening anything, and instead think about ways to slow it down. No schools, and no spit valves
    Round and round we go

I hope you knew I was kidding.

Actually it would make for an interesting study, "which wind instrument filters COVID-19 the best?"

Now I'm only half kidding.
    Go Fact Yourself.

EAT MORE GRIME
    which wind instrument collects and concentrates covid the best ? large brass anything to small brass anything.

breath, into cool metal tube, condenses to water containing all your cooties and you have to dump it somewhere. worse thing in the world is play wind instruments around people right now

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    Just great, so now we have a racist virus,
    It's true - Kamala said so last night.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    So far my cousin once removed, my in-laws neighbors, a guy at work, a friends grandmother (who died from it) are the people I know who have tested positive. There is someone else I know who tested positive but I can't remember who it was. Most of them have only had minor symptoms.

A friend's sister tested negative and then the local health department called her to say she tested positive even though her doctor assured her she tested negative so that is weird.
    Ragley Big Wig, Sunday Soundwave (BMX), 91 Schwinn High Plain (single speed "gravel" bike), Nashbar CXSS (on trainer)

High Desert MTBer
    My brother in Brisbane Australia was pissed after they closed the state down again with 30 new cases. I urged him to look a little more closely at what was going on here, and he was flabbergasted. He will be reopening in a fairly short time when cases are zero once more, and this is the only way to deal with this: swift and resolute action that will piss some people off, but at least allow a faster recovery and less tragedy.
    It's all Here. Now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast