Bro
    Content from my avatar

My fixie is a dirty traitor!

Yesterday, while I was cleaning the chain (with the bike upside-down), the cog grabbed my rag and nearly began the fixie-cog-amputation-supreme combo. Thanks to my nimble reflexes, I got out of the way with nothing but two tooth-shaped cuts in my knuckle. The bike, angry with losing a potential victim, promptly stopped spinning the rear wheel and threw it into my forehead, leaving a tread-shaped mark above my eyebrow.

So I decided to ride said fixie today. I guess the drivetrain was still angry with me, because my chaintug fell off the end of the dropout, which nearly threw my rear wheel out of the frame while I was descending at 120+ RPM. We can all guess how that would've turned out. So I fixed that (pun unintended, thought I do appreciate it all the same) and continued on my way.

The ride out was fairly okay. There's a lot of hills, so the fixie hurt even more than a bike with gears. I left the road and followed some trails, and I lost my water bottle yet again. The angry rear wheel then proceeded to run over said bottle, which has never happened when I lose a bottle from my road bike on the same trail. The pedals (clipless) chewed up my shin when I was remounting. Those ****ers.

I think I'm gonna ride a coasty bike tomorrow.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

Is not amused

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    You obviously don't YOLO hard enough.

Even the great green one YOLOs.

Is not amused

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    OP, i think maybe you should simplify your life by riding a multi-geared bike...

glad you survived all that.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    glad you survived all that.
    Me too.

As for the geared bike, methinks you're a heretic! A dirty, smelly one, at that. But I'mma keep riding the fixie as well as the other bikes. The last third of a mile home is a gnarly hill that rises about 400 feet with two false flat sections in the middle. It hurts enough on the road bike in a 34/19 gear, and it hurt so much more on my fixie at 36/16. What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger (and I can use that). YOLO hard, mutha****a.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    As for the geared bike, methinks you're a heretic! A dirty, smelly one, at that. .
    you know, i meant to put a winky face in there. so sorry to have riled you up, and so close to bedtime.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    I just learned two new English words today. Cray, swag and yolo. Three new words. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

YOLO? Hahaha, people are stupid. I hate the acronymization of the English language. Thanks Internet. Jack Black had that **** right.
    Erik, I'm kind of disapponted you didn't lose a digit. Those pics would have been awesome as a passion post. It could have been called "My fixie is kinky and has an amputee fetish"

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Haha... Pinhole boy resurrected this thread to post some dumbass, derogatory photo. I saw it on my email, but it looks like that post has since been deleted. Anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I just learned two new English words today. Cray, swag and yolo. Three new words. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
    That's actually six words, buddy. That **** cray, ain't it J?

Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    YOLO? Hahaha, people are stupid. I hate the acronymization of the English language. Thanks Internet. Jack Black had that **** right.
    Erik, I'm kind of disapponted you didn't lose a digit. Those pics would have been awesome as a passion post. It could have been called "My fixie is kinky and has an amputee fetish"
    U...ILTEL,BMOTWUIAI.

(Uh.... I like the English language, but most of those who use it are idiots.)

And I like having all my fingers... But the fixie is crying out for a cleaning. I haven't been riding much recently, but it's the only bike that I've ridden in months.

Members who have read this thread: 0