poser Administrator

MTBR/V-Bulletin Display modes

For years i used the Hybrid display mode but once I became a supermoderator and was looking at more and more and more threads, some with thousands of posts it became annoying trying to find the new spammer post so I went to linear view.

That was a lot better, the first response was the latest but for the rest of my viewing I had to scroll down to find the OP's post. The other issue was when someone comments:

"^^^^what he said" without quoting I can't tell who or what they are responding to.

That has made me more conscious of quoting a post when responding to it so that others, if there are any, that use the linear version can see what the hell I am responding to.

That said on a side note I have somewhere in the range of 3600 subscribed threads. If someone responded to all of them over a day where i didn't log on it would probably kill my email server.

What display mode do you use and how many threads are you subscribed to?
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Is not amused
    Linear view, no subscribed threads. As soon as I post I unsubscribed. Like right now.

For you that has to blow goats ass.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

AZ
    banned
    Linear, no subscriptions.

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Linear view, no subscribed threads. As soon as I post I unsubscribed. Like right now.

For you that has to blow goats ass.
    You probably have unsubscribed already but there is an option in the "My Account" tab under "Edit Options" that lets you decide how and to what you want to be subscribed.

Under "Messaging and Notifications" you can go to: Default Thread Subscription Mode

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    there you can select "Do not subscribe"

While checking for this I also realize that my subscriptions only go back to 2007 so I must have purged them at a one point.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    You probably have unsubscribed already but there is an option in the "My Account" tab under "Edit Options" that lets you decide how and to what you want to be subscribed.

Under "Messaging and Notifications" you can go to: Default Thread Subscription Mode

there you can select "Do not subscribe"

While checking for this I also realize that my subscriptions only go back to 2007 so I must have purged them at a one point.

Thanks for the info, wasn't sure what that choice meant so I had it at no email. Now it's changed and linear the way to go IMO.

Afric Pepperbird
    Linear

By the way, rockcrusher, is Francois and the other admin. staff on sabbatical? This thread about mis-ordered posts, which has been "bumped" many times, is being ignored and/or neglected. And the problem still exists many times a day.

Thanks!

Retired User
    No e-mail notifications. If someone with 3 posts resurrected one of my threads from two years ago I don't care about being notified.

Hybrid by default, but I toggle between linear and hybrid, depending on how long a thread gets.

Suckin wind like a boss
    always linear. i dont like my forum view to be like a newsgroup in a reader.

and subscriptions blow hard. ill follow what i want, when i want. just because i make a post in a thread doesnt mean i want to be updated on it every time someone posts in it. disabled as soon as i registered.

since 4/10/2009
    Linear, two subscribed threads. I only subscribe if it is something I really want to get updates on.

Linear. 642 subscriptions.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Trying linear for the first time today. I like recieving instant email notifications. I go through and thin out my subcriptions once every week or two.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    linear...3487 subscriptions....

ugh

edit: now 3488...
    Click Here for Forum Rules

mtbr member
    I like linear, but I've recently noticed a few posts out of chronological/numerical order. There will be a message that has been posted later in time, but it will show up higher/earlier in the linear thread. So when you read it, it doesn't make sense if it is quoting a post that appears below it.

I currently have 29 subbed threads, I'm about to delete some...

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by cackalacky View Post
    I like linear, but I've recently noticed a few posts out of chronological/numerical order. There will be a message that has been posted later in time, but it will show up higher/earlier in the linear thread. So when you read it, it doesn't make sense if it is quoting a post that appears below it.
    This and for me the system keeps logging me out after every other post. I made a thread about it in feed back but nothing so, why does this keep happening.

Afric Pepperbird
    This and for me the system keeps logging me out after every other post. I made a thread about it in feed back but nothing so, why does this keep happening.
    See my post above about this chronological glitch. I think the admin staff must be away for a bit. Usually they reply promptly to the site feedback forum.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Maybe the Mothman got into your computer?

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Maybe the Mothman got into your computer?
    Negative ghost rider. It does it the first time I sign on for the day for the first couple of post then stops.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    See my post above about this chronological glitch. I think the admin staff must be away for a bit. Usually they reply promptly to the site feedback forum.
    Yeah, hopefully they clear that up. I notice it happens when there is a fast reply to a brand new thread most of the time or lots of people respond at the same time.

REALLY?
    Linear
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Negative ghost rider. It does it the first time I sign on for the day for the first couple of post then stops.
    Why even sign out?

Is not amused

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    serious...

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    serious...
    Everything in moderation then. Including online.

meow meow
    linear

poser Administrator
    This almost seems like a cookie issue or a browser issue vs. a forum issue. I would clear the mtbr family cookies then try again. Also see if your computer is set up to accept cookies, if not create an exception for MTBR (Actually do this first before clearing cookies). Seems like it is resetting after each session.

Not a IT dude just thinking here. Does it do it on other browsers as well?
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Is not amused
    This almost seems like a cookie issue or a browser issue vs. a forum issue. I would clear the mtbr family cookies then try again. Also see if your computer is set up to accept cookies, if not create an exception for MTBR (Actually do this first before clearing cookies). Seems like it is resetting after each session.

Not a IT dude just thinking here. Does it do it on other browsers as well?
    I haven't used IE in forever I'm on FF but when I do use IE this site goes so slow not to mention it used to have triple scroll bars when using IE. Yep, cookies enabled. Only this site.

Last edited by Hutch3637; 05-18-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Huckin' trails
    I got linear... works great so why not ?

Got 1414 (+1) subscribed threads... well default subs on without email notification. I don't always browse the forums, but when I do I make sure to subscribe what I find interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

poser Administrator
    I haven't used IE in forever I'm on FF but when I do use IE this site goes so slow not to mention it used to have triple scroll bars when using IE. Yep, cookies enabled. Only this site.

Maybe a security exception?...i'll try to get admin's attention here.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

banned
    Linear & Show 100 Posts Per Page

I hate having to move page to page... The only downside is when someone says "Just like that photo on page 3!". Hellz bells... Page 3 for him might be page 1 for me.

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    Linear & Show 100 Posts Per Page

I hate having to move page to page... The only downside is when someone says "Just like that photo on page 3!". Hellz bells... Page 3 for him might be page 1 for me.
    Oh me too, the only problem with the 100 posts per page is opening some of the "post your _____" threads and the favorite internet video thread can pretty much stop everything my computer is doing.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

banned
    Oh me too, the only problem with the 100 posts per page is opening some of the "post your _____" threads and the favorite internet video thread can pretty much stop everything my computer is doing.
    Or when I open a thread that has a ton of animated gifs in it. But, I can't complain because I've usually contributed 50% of them.

Is not amused
    Maybe a security exception?...i'll try to get admin's attention here.
    Thanks, it did it again for my first post sense I last logged off.

Members who have read this thread: 0