REALLY?

MTBR Cribs/Shops:

Sorta like "MTV Cribs" but for MTB'ers.

I'm legally disabled and on a fixed income, so, I have a pretty small crib and rent a room in a house (well, actually, an extended spare room thats an addition to the garage - thus the brick walls). On the plus side, my landlord is 420 friendly (the main reason I chose to live here) and I can grow as much as I want up to the legal limit in California. One other reason I chose to live here is my very cheap rent, my cheap rent helps keep me stocked up on decent bikes and parts (example: I can buy a Thomson seatpost instead of the cheap Origin8 knock-off - although I have both).

Something most of you dont know, I was homeless from Jan 1, 2009 to Dec 1, 2011...(almost three years)

...Most folks need/want to get off the streets immediatly, I actually left my house where I was living to live on the streets in 2009 to be homeless because, well, lets just say I did and wanted to do an extreme ammount of "soul searching" or "spiritual searching" (and I did, and it was very successful and am happy with the results). I am very patient, so while I was soul searching, I wasnt really to concerned as much with getting a place right away as most folks are (example, longest I've ever been out-of-doors was 6 months - so three years is quite a stretch). Bikes were a very large part of it too, well, for one, because I was living on my bike everyday. I built my SS (single speed) 1992 G.T. Richter 8.0 just for that pourpose. And that bike has served me almost flawlessly and still does today, VERY TOUGH BIKE!!!

Anyway, like I said, its small, I sleep on the couch, but so what, I'm happy and I like it, the roomates are ok, everything works out.

MTBR Cribs/Shops:-imag0006.jpg

Gotta have the BIG SCREEN... (w/ a NAD T 761 reciever and /w two Acculine A3 towers front and two klipsch bookshelfs rear)

MTBR Cribs/Shops:-imag0009.jpg

My Alvarez Artist guitar...

MTBR Cribs/Shops:-imag0010.jpg

Jim...need I say more... (oh yeah, theres my Camelbak hanging up)

MTBR Cribs/Shops:-imag0011.jpg

DVD's my first collection, over 150 DVD so far (no cable here [yet] - I need a new computer, mine died - this back-up PC is Pentium 3 running XP SP3 on less than 200mb of memory - (yeah, that shouldnt even be possible).

So, do you got a nice crib, or even a nice "bike shop" in your garage, pics, postem' up...
    Last edited by jeffgothro; 04-14-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

injured reserve list
    Do you have a window? It looks like a small space but I'm pretty sure its a law that rentals have to have an escape route besides the entry door.(fire code). But anyways at least you're not out on the streets.
    You're not entitled to anything until you work hard and earn it. CMQ

Sweep the leg!
    really?
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice Gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    Sorta like "MTV Cribs" but for MTB'ers.

I'm legally disabled and on a fixed income, so, I have a pretty small crib and rent a room in a house (well, actually, an extended spare room thats an addition to the garage - thus the brick walls). On the plus side, my landlord is 420 friendly (the main reason I chose to live here) and I can grow as much as I want up to the legal limit in California. One other reason I chose to live here is my very cheap rent, my cheap rent helps keep me stocked up on decent bikes and parts (example: I can buy a Thomson seatpost instead of the cheap Origin8 knock-off - although I have both).

Something most of you dont know, I was homeless from Jan 1, 2009 to Dec 1, 2011...(almost three years)

...Most folks need/want to get off the streets immediatly, I actually left my house where I was living to live on the streets in 2009 to be homeless because, well, lets just say I did and wanted to do an extreme ammount of "soul searching" or "spiritual searching" (and I did, and it was very successful and am happy with the results). I am very patient, so while I was soul searching, I wasnt really to concerned as much with getting a place right away as most folks are (example, longest I've ever been out-of-doors was 6 months - so three years is quite a stretch). Bikes were a very large part of it too, well, for one, because I was living on my bike everyday. I built my SS (single speed) 1992 G.T. Richter 8.0 just for that pourpose. And that bike has served me almost flawlessly and still does today, VERY TOUGH BIKE!!!

Anyway, like I said, its small, I sleep on the couch, but so what, I'm happy and I like it, the roomates are ok, everything works out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0006.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	688961

Gotta have the BIG SCREEN... (w/ a NAD T 761 reciever and /w two Acculine A3 towers front and two klipsch bookshelfs rear)

Name:	IMAG0009.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	688962

My Alvarez Artist guitar...

Name:	IMAG0010.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	688963

Jim...need I say more... (oh yeah, theres my Camelbak hanging up)

Name:	IMAG0011.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	688964

DVD's my first collection, over 150 DVD so far (no cable here [yet] - I need a new computer, mine died - this back-up PC is Pentium 3 running XP SP3 on less than 200mb of memory - (yeah, that shouldnt even be possible).

So, do you got a nice crib, or even a nice "bike shop" in your garage, pics, postem' up...

Members who have read this thread: 0