Moxie- Mtbr.com

Thread: Moxie

Hi There!

Moxie

My daughter and her senior classmates were allowed to put a quote under their name for the yearbook...but it had to get approved. One kid's got in there before they realized what it was saying.

My daughter got her yearbook before the complaints started rolling in and they stopped sales to figure out what to do.

"When the red river flows, take the dirt road home"
    Last edited by TheGweed; 05-03-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    NTFTC

One ring to mash them all
    lol

There was a kid at my HS who got his picture in the yearbook twice, once as a junior with his real name, and then he got back in line as a sophomore with the name "Jack Kinoff."

He was smiling a whole lot bigger as a sophomore.
    Go Fact Yourself.

Real eyes realize real lies.

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGweed View Post
    My daughter and her senior classmates were allowed to put a quote under their name for the yearbook...but it had to get approved. One kid's got in there before they realized what it was saying.

My daughter got her yearbook before the complaints started rolling in and they stopped sales to figure out what to do.

What does 'moxy' mean?

Moxy Hotels ??
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    Moxy Fruvous
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post

What does 'moxy' mean?

Moxy Hotels ??
    Balls, basically. 'The kid had balls to provide such a quote to the yearbook committee.'

mtbr member

I thought it was in reference to battle; however, my male mind reads something completely different.

Hi There!
    Kid is a hero at school. All parents got an email that they had to stop distributing the yearbooks at this time.

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Balls, basically. 'The kid had balls to provide such a quote to the yearbook committee.'
    Moxie, mayhaps?

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    In my book ... Moxie = Bold
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury

What does 'moxy' mean?

Moxy Hotels ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    I thought it was in reference to battle; however, my male mind reads something completely different.

This is what I've always known "moxy" to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    In my book ... Moxie = Bold
    Which is basically the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Fart smeller
    Kid is a hero at school. All parents got an email that they had to stop distributing the yearbooks at this time.
    Kid's parents should pay for new books.

Heather Heyer

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    You should have seen my '73 yearbook. There was a half dozen of us who went through as Jethro Tull, Jack Meoff, Laura Scudder, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many others.

Hi There!
    Daughter home from school... said no more senior quotes starting next year and some students think the hero should not be allowed to walk at graduation.
    NTFTC

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    You should have seen my '73 yearbook. There was a half dozen of us who went through as Jethro Tull, Jack Meoff, Laura Scudder, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many others.
    The dudes in my pep band thought it would be funny if they changed my name (Gary) to Gay underneath a pic of the band.

Hilarity ensued. And I should have sued.

Heather Heyer

Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    Funny memories, my graduation was over shadowed by my best friend getting killed in a motorcycle accident a week before we graduated. I was a Paul Bear one day and a graduate at the graduation ceremony the next. They even had a memorial respectful silence when his name was brought up in the graduation ceremony. All eyes were on me as we were best friends. We went to school together. We were partners at a vocational tech half day together in our 11th and 12th grades. And we worked together at the same company after school. He was killed leaving work shortly after I left one evening. A 16 year old who just got his license pulled out of a Dairy Queen parking lot in front of him. I went home none the wiser and went to bed. Only to be awoken by my parents telling me of the tragic news.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Pro Crastinator
    this is what's wrong with the world...

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    this is what's wrong with the world...
    Why? If they have to print new books, the child should learn a lesson.

Or should our taxes just pay for it?

Heather Heyer

Hi There!
    They haven't decided what to do yet, maybe marker over it?
    NTFTC

Fart smeller
    They haven't decided what to do yet, maybe marker over it?
    There you go. Just send out a small sticker. If you're offended, apply.

I think it's a classic prank, something I might have done. And my parents would have backed me up.

Heather Heyer

NDD
    mtbr member
    Dang DJ, sad story. That just goes to show your character.

As for the yearbook thing, that's pretty good. Kinda overused quote, though. Kid should be given 5 points extra credit for any class he wants.
    dang

mtbr member

Just saw this on TV

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxie ... Who'd of thunk it?
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

Hi There!
    Moxie CrimeFighter Jillette has the unique honor of never failing to make the list of crazy celebrity baby names. Earlier today I came across an article from 2007 in which magician Penn Jillette explains how he and wife EZ (Emily Zolten) came up the unusual name for their daughter. Penn says:

I love the name Moxie, I love that’s it’s a purely American word, and those are rare, and I love that it stands for old fashioned spunk and energy. EZ pushed for her middle name, “CrimeFighter” because EZ doesn’t have a middle name and thinks middle names are stupid. So, it’s just a joke.
    NTFTC

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    In the "likes" section of our yearbook, a buddy of mine liked gnimuc. It got through. We all knew what he meant.
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Dang DJ, sad story. That just goes to show your character.

As for the yearbook thing, that's pretty good. Kinda overused quote, though. Kid should be given 5 points extra credit for any class he wants.
    Thanks, it's been so many years I thought I had healed but writing that took me back to a painful time. Having moved back to the area five years ago where I grew up. I drive by where it happened daily. A pretty tough daily reminder of it.

Some great stories in this thread I apologize to everyone for taking it down a sad path. I don't remember anything that stood out as a prank or anything funny related to our year books. I do remember one kids car who was a senior and a grade ahead of me. He had a cherry 65 Mustang Fastback white with red stripes and red interior. Restored to show car cherry original. A rich kid who was also the star quarterback. If his car didn't stand out enough his licence plate sure did. I always wondered if any of the teachers caught on to what it meant.

MUF DVR

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    In the "likes" section of our yearbook, a buddy of mine liked gnimuc. It got through. We all knew what he meant.
    A friend of mine named his dog Tnuc.

Heather Heyer

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Thanks, it's been so many years I thought I had healed but writing that took me back to a painful time. Having moved back to the area five years ago where I grew up. I drive by where it happened daily. A pretty tough daily reminder of it.

Some great stories in this thread I apologize to everyone for taking it down a sad path. I don't remember anything that stood out as a prank or anything funny related to our year books. I do remember one kids car who was a senior and a grade ahead of me. He had a cherry 65 Mustang Fastback white with red stripes and red interior. Restored to show car cherry original. A rich kid who was also the star quarterback. If his car didn't stand out enough his licence plate sure did. I always wondered if any of the teachers caught on to what it meant.

MUF DVR
    Meh, I see no virtue in making everything emotionally neutered. Life is just better with a full range of gufaws and tear soaked beer. Anyone who says otherwise may need a therapist.

And recycling stories, I see! Way to save the planet DJ.
    dang

mtbr member
    I was in two different HS year books my senior year. including class picture. I took vocational mechanical drafting at the other school. day of pictures just had to be on the day I was there. what the heck, so at the other school I was John Long. this was 2001.

I hear my Dads times of HS in '76. If almost anything they did then they attempted today they would be expelled immediately if not arrested. And it was just fun messing around stuff. People are too reactive these days
    Dont make me go all Jonathan Winters on this gas station.

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post
    I was in two different HS year books my senior year. including class picture. I took vocational mechanical drafting at the other school. day of pictures just had to be on the day I was there. what the heck, so at the other school I was John Long. this was 2001.

I hear my Dads times of HS in '76. If almost anything they did then they attempted today they would be expelled immediately if not arrested. And it was just fun messing around stuff. People are too reactive these days
    Your parents should pay for your post.

Heather Heyer

Pro Crastinator
    hey! i saw that....

Hi There!
    Well...my daughter just texted me and said that they put a little sticker over the quote; worst part is, all the people that already received theirs have to bring it back to get the sticker or they won't be able to participate in graduation ceremonies.

I'm pretty bummed about that...if my daughter was an average student I'd tell her hell with them, don't participate just so she could keep the yearbook but she's in the honor society and president of key club so I guess she has to play the game.
    NTFTC

Pro Crastinator
    what if the dog ate it?

Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    what if the dog ate it?
    What if the yearbook fell on the Zerox machine.

Members who have read this thread: 1