Movember- Mtbr.com

Thread: Movember

A waste of time it is is

Movember

Bit of unpaid spam here so if that's not your thing then go back to the OC home page now.

I'm pretty sure by now that you guys and gals would be aware of what Movember is but on the off chance there are still a few of you that have never heard of it then here goes. Basically blokes grow Mo's for the month of November in an effort to raise funds for mens' health issues, it started out mainly being for prostate cancer research, a disease which got the best of my grandfather and one that my dad has been battling on and off for the best part of a decade now. Anyway it has spread now to be about all issues pertaining to mens' health. More important than raising money though is raising awareness, getting people to talk about their health.

How long has it been since you have had your prostate checked?, No not just a PSA test but the digit test!

Are you OK?

I've done this for a number of years now, mainly just as an excuse to adorn my upper lip but this year I have started raising money as well. If you are interested in donating, and please do not feel at all obliged to, then PM me and I'll shoot you a link to my Movember page.

Of course, without pics it never really happened so cover your eyes if you're easily offended. This is at the start of day 7

Movember-mo-day-7.jpg

Not so much A Dark Night, more a cloudy one but things will improve over the next couple of weeks (I hope). Why Batman, well a mate spiked me $30 if I would, so I am.

Thanks

Update in about a week.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Good on you mate. I hope you raise lots of dough for the cause.

mtbr member

I've carried mine 25 +/- yrs. It will not get trimmed all month.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

Always in the wrong gear
    In.
    Name:  Mov.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  48.9 KB
    So is my littlest one
    Name:  MovO.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  44.2 KB

9 lives
    Good on You Mu!

Singlesprocket is growing his... Movember means moustache rides woohoo!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

I didn't do it
    This is a neat way to spread awareness and raise funds. Good work emu and all the other Movembers!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Emu great humanitarian effort I hope you raise a fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Just a browser here in the OC, but this month will be my third mo ever in my 50 years on the planet.

Get yourselves checked out gents, keep the OC clean.
    HBSURFDAD
    2014 Stumpjumper FSR 29er evo. XXL. :thumbsup:

A waste of time it is is
    Thanks all for the support, much appreciated.

ARandomBiker, no beards, no beards. (But I think most of us do until the 5 o'clock shadow is long enough for a mo to go on its own.)

A waste of time it is is
    20 days in, unfortunately there was an accident in batmans cave and his tail got clipped, regrowth has started.

Damn there is some work in trying to keep a mo shaped. (Boys, let me tell you plucking your top lip hurts)

Movember-mo-day-20.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    20 days in, unfortunately there was an accident in batmans cave and his tail got clipped, regrowth has started.

Damn there is some work in trying to keep a mo shaped. (Boys, let me tell you plucking your top lip hurts)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mo day 20.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	940301
    Emu do you have eyes?

Who are you Mr. Wilson.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38mM3FKoc
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

A waste of time it is is
    Not the first time I have been called Wilson. My old house was a corner block and the house behind us which faced onto the side street, had their driveway against our back fence. Because street level was higher than their yard the driveway sloped up quite steeply so I had a retaining wall on my side of the fence and then the fence above that. I would often stand on top of the retaining wall chatting to my neighbour, always wearing my bucket had for sun protection. Because of the different heights all that could be seen was my hat and my eyes.

It didn't take long for his teenage daughters to start calling me Wilson. That was Ok because as far as I was concerned that could call me what they wanted, as long as they called me often.

Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    Not the first time I have been called Wilson. My old house was a corner block and the house behind us which faced onto the side street, had their driveway against our back fence. Because street level was higher than their yard the driveway sloped up quite steeply so I had a retaining wall on my side of the fence and then the fence above that. I would often stand on top of the retaining wall chatting to my neighbour, always wearing my bucket had for sun protection. Because of the different heights all that could be seen was my hat and my eyes.

It didn't take long for his teenage daughters to start calling me Wilson. That was Ok because as far as I was concerned that could call me what they wanted, as long as they called me often.

Nice!

9 lives
    December 1st! Movember ends. Decembeard starts. May your beard keep your faces warm... except for Emu (try to stay cool)
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies