Mobile site absolutely twacked out!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2020

Mobile site absolutely twacked out!

Not sure if this message made it through on "contact us" as it displayed an oddly formatted error message. Trying here:

"Okay, I'm sure you guys are doing your best with this site and I know these specialty forums are often done on a shoestring budget, upkept by one or two people as a hobby as time allows. I totally get it....but man, this site is absolutely terrible for mobile. I'm not gunna rag on it too much cause honestly I don't even know where to start. It's pretty much every single thing from formatting to layout to function to navigation and features (or lack thereof).....I'm not even sure how to get to my user dashboard. Do I have to fill out this 5 page questionnaire first? Should be plainly obvious to anyone navigating on mobile (at least Android/Chrome).

Anyway, I really don't mean to dis anyone. Again, I know it's a tough gig and often completely volunteer based.....and as a non-web-designer I certainly couldn't do any better....but man.....it's really, really bad. Okay, that's all! Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Ha, okay, just hit "send email" and a tiny little error message popped up floating in space partially over the "send email" button and partially over the omnipresent captcha/privacy tetms/whatever that thing is that says "the server encountered an error".....I'm shocked! 😂

Well, maybe I'll try posting this in a forum page if it won't go through. "

Okay, yeeeeeeah, the button to post here isn't even visible except for a tiny sliver of something that looks like the top of what might be a button icon. You have to tap just a few pixel widths above "additional options" to submit a post. Looks like there's another button to the right. Maybe preview post?

Am I missing something? Is there an app I'm supposed to be using? It seems like the layout hasn't been updated since about 1997.

since 4/10/2009
    the whole website has been a shitshow for going on a decade, at least. the forum has been owned by a larger media company for at least a year now. they promised a forum update when they took over, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Fart smeller
    A lot of times for me, the site will bounce around (on my phone). I'll hover over the button I want to click on, and the site will jump. Then I have to wait until it settles down before I can actually hit the button. If it jumps, I might hit a button to a long ol' thread, and I'll have to wait several seconds for that to load before I can go back. It's all effed up, but as Harold says, promises weren't kept. It's like they just gave up.

Works great on my laptop, tho!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    the whole website has been a shitshow for going on a decade, at least. the forum has been owned by a larger media company for at least a year now. they promised a forum update when they took over, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    This explains why the questionnaire they push asks so many questions about personal preferences, types of riding and equipment used, etc. It would appear they care more about targeted marketing than actually having a functional site people want to use in 2020. Bad idea...unless your goal is to lose users to competitors.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I havent had any problem with the site on the computer. Yesterday there was one problem when I posted something and the Cloud Error came up, only once. I just closed the window and was done, did other things offline.

The site does seem slow to respond, some times more so then others, but its not like if your on the forums you are busy with anything at all, so a little multi-tasking voids that concern.

Doing internet sites and forums on the cell phone does seem popular, just never my thing to stare at a 4" screen and type on the small cell phone keyboard, probably takes 4 times as long then a normal pc keyboard at a desk.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Also remember that in these covid19, the traffic on the site is probably very high, making the servers slower. Things are picking up now, things are opening up, people that werent working are now working or going to be working soon, so that will free up server space and speed. But maybe it was the same before the pandemic, I never noticed it slower before, but I do now.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurango View Post
    this explains why the questionnaire they push asks so many questions about personal preferences, types of riding and equipment used, etc. It would appear they care more about targeted marketing than actually having a functional site people want to use in 2020. Bad idea...unless your goal is to lose users to competitors.
    b°ngo!
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurango View Post
    This explains
    It would appear they care more about targeted marketing than actually having a functional site people want to use in 2020. Bad idea...unless your goal is to lose users to competitors.
    Commercialized
    Monitized
    Forum