Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!- Mtbr.com
    High Desert MTBer

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

For those that celebrate it, I wish you all the very best for the Season, and if you do not, have a good one too

In the New Year I am hoping to get back on the bike as soon as possible. It has been a while and I'm missing all the great Tucson weather this time of year!

I've been rather sick and lost almost 30 pounds in 3 weeks. Trying now to build up my strength again and get the muscles working again... almost ready to take out the Stumpy, but it will be easy stuff for a bit yet! Goal is to make it up to the top of Upper Javelina by mid January...

May you all enjoy whatever goals you set yourselves, and may they be attainable

Cheers!
    It's all Here. Now.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    All the best to you Rocker, for the holidays and for the coming year. Glad you're still with us.
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    All the best to you Rocker, for the holidays and for the coming year. Glad you're still with us.
    I plan on being around for a good while yet
    It's all Here. Now.

Bikesexual
    Merry Christmas rocker and may the new year be full of health.

This year it's been tough to get on the bike, between life, work, and a new pup my mileage is a bummer. The pup rocks though.

Merry everything to all!
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

9 lives
    Merry Christmas rocker and best of the season to you and your family. 2020 is just around the corner with new fun and adventures to look forward to.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    No shame at ALL in riding the easy stuff, even pavement. except maybe on PB. I'm counting on you , rocker, to attend MY funeral! Seriously, I've gotten quite fond of riding my full squish 29er w/ 2.5" Maxxis DHF's on the road. mitigates San Diegos miserable "bike lanes", and I figure five miles on my 29er is worth the effort to ride ten miles on my road bike. At least. I'm in no hurry to get in a good strength/cardio workout!

And for the rest of ya, God Bless the heck out of all of you!

Meatbomb
    Happy Festivus .......

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    ....For the Restuvus!!

mtbr member
    Merry Christmas Rocker. May you have a second coming of health and youth to enjoy this great sport that binds us all.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Merry Christmas and get well Rocker.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Festivus for the rest of us.
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you also Rocker.

All fat, all the time.
    Was a decent year, went by fast, look forward to 2020.

Co Springs
    Same to all of you or IOW
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Special note to rockerc - Get strong and well but don't try coming back to 'stuff' or the bike too fast or over do it. Rebound from anything major like that sounds should be slow and tedious although 'we' WANT IT NOW !!

"Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    Merry Christmas and best wishes for the coming year. Keep the rubber side down !!

9 lives
    For the cats

Name:  80368132_459536421625287_2830167351079469056_n.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  50.2 KB
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    For the cats

Name:  80368132_459536421625287_2830167351079469056_n.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  50.2 KB
    Heheh! we have a new rescue this Christmas, Lily, and we're not too sure about her and the tree, so we put it up outside the big patio doors, out of reach!
    It's all Here. Now.

A waste of time it is is
    Thanks rocker, Merry Christmas to you and yours, and also to the rest of the OC reading this thread. I hope that you have all been nice and that Santa brings the bounties you so richly deserve, and if you were naughty that it felt good while it lasted.

Rocker, hope you recover in a timely manor and return to full health, and strength.

Rabid Lana Fan
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Straight out tha traila
    Merry Christmas everybody! Hope you're doing better Rockerc!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

Pipe Dreamer
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cycologist
    Merry Christmas, Rocker. I hope 2020 is a better year for you, filled with rides and better health.

Merry Christmas to all the rest of y'all as well!
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member

This one's for you Rocker.

Merry Christmas y'all!
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Hope this next year is a better year for you Rocker.

This below I cut and pasted from another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    So sorry to hear about your dad, DJ. Hang tough and make the most of your remaining time with him.
    Chuck, I read this comment last night minutes before leaving hospice for the night. I took these words to heart and told him how I felt and how great of a dad he was. I think he heard he, but not sure. Those were my last words to him and the last time being with him. That was at 11pm or so. I got a call from my sister at 12:30 am telling me they called and he had passed away just minutes before 12 midnight Christmas Eve. I have a lot of family in town and we are celebrating Christmas and his life all in one. Tonight Christmas Day evening we are doing a giant Cajun boil with crawdads / shrimp / crab / corn on the cob etc. This was planned by my brother in-law as a Christmas dinner months ago before my dadís declining days.

Merry Christmas to all. May your year ahead be blessed.

A southern Cajun boil in Colorado. This fed 12 people.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!-89eece0b-62ec-4266-a05a-1f859c175981.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!-e89c161f-c4ee-4757-b567-7801f8063944.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!-b0e894d7-42e5-48de-8661-4908b4744b5b.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!-02d1e0da-8f5c-4cb2-ad6d-ca03be15cd91.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

High Desert MTBer
    So sorry to hear about this DJ. Losing our parents is a defining moment in our lives, and I am glad you were surrounded by your family to be able to share the inevitable grief. My thoughts are with you.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Tough to hear DJ. I lost my dad a few years ago and he was my hero right up to the last day. So hard to deal with. Iím glad you got to tell him how you felt before he passed. Prayers to you and the family bud.
    DAAAANG...that was janky

Rabid Lana Fan
    Dam, sorry to hear this DJ.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

Thank you all for the kind words. Itís been tough, very hectic trying to get things in order for his service etc. Iím fortunate enough to have four siblings that have been very supportive and helpful with one another through it all.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Straight out tha traila
    Damn DJ so sorry for your loss, must be a tough time through Christmas and all. At least you got to say some dear final words before he passed.
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

Pipe Dreamer
    Very sad news DJ, sorry for your loss.

As others have said, glad you are with family. It seems like he held out till he was able to say goodbye to you all, almost like it happened as it should have.

psycho cyclo addict
    Sorry for your loss DJ.
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

Gravel bike w/ MTB tires
    Rigid steel SS 29er
    Rigid titanium SS 27.5
    Full suspension 29er
    Hard Tail 29er

mtbr member
    Sorry for your loss DJ

Glad youíre feeling better rocker

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone!
    Round and round we go

Thanks all for the kind words, itís been a tough week. We had a celebration of life gathering at his favorite watering hole today. It was nice, a huge turnout of about 50 of his close friends. We catered food platters in and gathered many photos of his life experiences surrounded by five kids and several grandchildren plus great grandchildren. All worked into a very lengthy slideshow on a large screen Mac set on a continuous rotation throughout the 3 hour gathering. Many a story told, many of which were new to me.

Pipe Dreamer
    Thanks for the update, DJ, sounds like it was a positive experience.

mtbr member
    Says a lot about a person when that many people show up. Helps ease the pain to hear the good stories others share and to know he will be missed by many. Hang in there DJ
    DAAAANG...that was janky

Yeah, he was very much loved by many and yes a positive thing. Today we started ripping into his house, my mom passed in 2012 so itís a house full of memories. Once we deal with all his stuff then we deal with selling it. Lots of work ahead.

High Desert MTBer
    Yeah, he was very much loved by many and yes a positive thing. Today we started ripping into his house, my mom passed in 2012 so itís a house full of memories. Once we deal with all his stuff then we deal with selling it. Lots of work ahead.
    That is a difficult task DJ, may you find some joy in reliving the memories. I am sure there will be tears too, and that is OK. When my Mum passed in '87, she had very little left. We had moved her from her home in Brussels to the UK to be closer to us all, and while her belongings were waiting to be shipped, they were burgled and all was lost. That was devastating to us all. When my Dad passed a few years later, there was a lot to apportion and list, and that was both sad and joyful in equal measure. Good luck with the task...
    It's all Here. Now.

Killer b.
    Dang DJ. Sorry to hear that. Christmas is a bit of a mixed bag for my family. My brother died suddenly on Christmas Eve in 2015. He left a wife and three kids behind. My father survived a run-in with cancer through 2016. It was pretty dicey and we could easily have lost him.
    I went for a ride with him today. Not the kind of trails I would pick normally, but it's just nice to be out with him.
    Anyway, it's a bit late for Christmas greetings at this point, but Happy New Year to all.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

mtbr member
    Sorry for your loss DJ. Something we'll all inevitably face and I dread the day. I don't have much family and my brother died young. My takeaway when personally faced with these things is sobering in just how valuable life is and to make sure I'm living it. Based on other things you've shared here it sounds like your dad lived a full life.

On another note I dig the crab boil. If I remember correctly you guys had King Crab last year. The first commercial Dungeness of the season hit OR stores yesterday. At $5.99 lb I've already eaten 2 of them so 3 lbs of crab lol. I've taken to making lobster roll type sandwiches with them, so good!

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

NDD
    mtbr member
    DJ, I haven't been on much lately and just saw this and wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss, and it sounds like y'all are doing well by him to celebrate him so kindly. It seems to me you've been quite important in those last years, being close to him geographically, and you should take pride in that, as well as having such a solid relationship with your old man. That's not something all of us get to enjoy.
    dang

All fat, all the time.
    Thanks all for the kind words, itís been a tough week. We had a celebration of life gathering at his favorite watering hole today. It was nice, a huge turnout of about 50 of his close friends. We catered food platters in and gathered many photos of his life experiences surrounded by five kids and several grandchildren plus great grandchildren. All worked into a very lengthy slideshow on a large screen Mac set on a continuous rotation throughout the 3 hour gathering. Many a story told, many of which were new to me.
    Sorry for your loss DJ. That is a tough one for sure. Sounds like you had a nice celebration of life, great to hear those "new" stories though.

We said goodbye to out 97yo grandma a couple weeks ago. It's hard, but she was ready.

Thanks all, my vacation days coincidentally coincided with this life changing event. Seems I havenít had two minutes to mourn with all the things that have to be done. I must have made four trips to Habitat for Humanity to donate and two trips to the landfill today. Weíre having an open top dumpster delivered tomorrow which should ease some of that.

Pipe Dreamer
    That's gotta be tough, hang in there DJ.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    DJ, I hope we all have a better 2020.