Mayweather - McGregor- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 76 of 76
  1. #1
    Straight out tha traila
    Reputation: EugeneTheJeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    979

    Mayweather - McGregor

    Who ya got? I don't know much about boxing or UFC but I'm thinking Mayweather in like 3 or 4 rounds since he is the boxer, even though he's older and smaller and was retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

  2. #2
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,568
    That's probably right, but want McG to kick his azz!
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Insaneduane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    146
    I think it's all fake total publicity stunt meant to make money for a lot of people.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Reputation: alexbn921's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,321
    this isn't even a contest. Mayweather will win. If it was mma then Mcgregor would win.

  5. #5
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaneduane View Post
    I think it's all fake total publicity stunt meant to make money for a lot of people.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    This is the reality.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Insaneduane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    146
    I'm trying to find it I seen a picture of those two having drinks together in Vegas I think it was a couple years ago.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Fart smeller
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,510
    Incredible the amount of $$ these two will get. Stupid, stupid America.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

    Heather Heyer

  8. #8
    Fart smeller
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaneduane View Post
    I'm trying to find it I seen a picture of those two having drinks together in Vegas I think it was a couple years ago.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I seen"? Jeebus.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

    Heather Heyer

  9. #9
    Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Reputation: chuckha62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Incredible the amount of $$ these two will get. Stupid, stupid America.
    This. We're being played on all fronts.
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

  10. #10
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    This. We're being played on all fronts.
    Only if you pay for the fight.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

  11. #11
    Cycologist
    Reputation: chazpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,604
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Only if you pay for the fight.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    And then what if it's like one of the Tyson fights where it's over in like 30 seconds?

    Or the infamous "no mas" fight? Did he still get paid?

    Honestly though, that has to be one of the worse things, some guy is beating your ass and all these people are cheering about it. But I guess the money does make it worthwhile.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jackbombay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    732
    I really want Coner to knock Floyd unconscious (floyd beats on his wigfe if what I read is correct, for that he needs to get KO'd), but I'll bet it goes 12 rounds and floyd wins the fight by decision. Floyd won't win it by fighting, seems that when he gets in the ring he's too busy running away to throw actual punches, that said, I don't follow boxing, or MMA, but see a bit of it on the web here and there...

  13. #13
    Hi There!
    Reputation: TheGweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    This. We're being played on all fronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Only if you pay for the fight.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Ding ding ding ding ding...we have a winnah! I enjoy a bit of boxing but not a fan of mayweather, he's an idiot...a rich idiot. Don't know anything about the mma guy but I would like him to kick mayweather's butt, but I heard that won't happen.
    So, my final verdict...meh.
    NTFTC

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    111
    Mayweather he wins because he is a technical fighter goes 12-15 rds and wins by Decision.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,866
    Mayflower's skull will be bashed in. Another skull and another belt to add to his collection of skulls and belts.
    18 Focus Raven Lite
    17 Focus o1e
    17 Yeti ASR-cT
    16 Bianchi Specialissima
    15 Echo Big Deal

  16. #16
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by gingus View Post
    Mayweather he wins because he is a technical fighter goes 12-15 rds and wins by Decision.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Technical? He runs around the ring like a wet cat.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: WHALENARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,075
    Roman times Caligula. How is a fat sick nation idolizes insecure children beating up each other? Making baby Jesus proud
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: WHALENARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    "I seen"? Jeebus.
    scene?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,981
    Canelo vs Golovkin is the fight everyone should be talking about.

    Mayweather hasn't had a ko in like 10 years. He's hardly gotten an opponent in trouble. He throws some useless uneventful punches to score points then gets on his bike and runs away. He doesn't get hit because he doesn't take chances. The hype around this fight is sickening, and just makes the smell of fake. Mayweather is smart and unmemorable for the same reasons. He picks his fights, picks the weight, the purse, the ref, the venue, then hypes the hell out of it to sell tickets.

    What I'd guess will happen is Mayweather wins by decision. What I'd like to happen is Mcgregor lands one good punch and changes the fight, which makes mayweather run and complain to ref and shows himself and to be and proves to everyone watching the ***** he has become. Which eventually leaves Him on the canvas. Then I don't want a rematch. Then I want to see Ronda Rousey kick his butt too.
    Round and round we go

  20. #20
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Who?

  21. #21
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Who?
    please. you aren't fooling anybody with that shit...


  22. #22
    Straight out tha traila
    Reputation: EugeneTheJeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    Mayflower's skull will be bashed in. Another skull and another belt to add to his collection of skulls and belts.
    I would expect no less of a post coming from a guy with a name Irishpitbull!

    It would be cool to see McG knock him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    519
    I think Mayweather is going to make McGregor look like a clown. If it goes more than 3 or 4 rounds, it'll just be because Mayweather is playing with him. That said, I'd really like to see McGregor get lucky and KO Mayweather.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: targnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,262
    A 40 year old vs an at best amateur boxer o_0

    A rear naked choke would be the best way to finish it off ^^

    Sent from my kltedv using Tapatalk
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

  25. #25
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,468
    I just heard about this thing and all the dough these guys are supposed to be making. The amazing thing to me is that people place such value on this crap and are willing to pay for it. Dupes, rubes and idiots... it just highlights the worst part of this "culture" we subscribe to and allow. Greed rampant.
    It's all Here. Now.

  26. #26
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    I think Mayweather is going to make McGregor look like a clown. If it goes more than 3 or 4 rounds, it'll just be because Mayweather is playing with him. That said, I'd really like to see McGregor get lucky and KO Mayweather.
    Mayweather cannot knock him out. He has zero power, Mcg needs to knock him out in the first 3 rounds or Mcg will not have the stamina to finish it.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,580
    Is this going to be a cage match where they wrassle on the ground and choke each other, or the gentlemen's approach of delivering massive concussions with padded fists?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jackbombay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    Is this going to be a cage match where they wrassle on the ground and choke each other, or the gentlemen's approach of delivering massive concussions with padded fists?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gentlemans fisticufs.

  29. #29
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I just heard about this thing and all the dough these guys are supposed to be making. The amazing thing to me is that people place such value on this crap and are willing to pay for it. Dupes, rubes and idiots... it just highlights the worst part of this "culture" we subscribe to and allow. Greed rampant.
    I wouldn't give them a dime, 300mil and 100mil win or lose. Heck no!

    I need bike money
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jackbombay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    it just highlights the worst part of this "culture" we subscribe to and allow. Greed rampant.
    It does, but it also doesn't.

    Often times I am sickened by our modern world where everything needs to be made easy safe and accessible for everyone, children now grow up without learning the ability to calculate risks, boxing flies in the face of all that, for that I appreciate it.

    I don't follow boxing or MMA at all, but I'll say there is a allure to an activity/sport that is impossible to make safe.

  31. #31
    western NC
    Reputation: HPIguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,634
    I don't really follow either one anymore, but I cannot stand Mayweather. He's a woman beating, disrespectful, poor sport, POS of a human being.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    gentlemans fisticufs.
    I reckon if the cage wrassler could use his skills he'd win in one round. But seeing that wrassling and choking ain't allowed I expect the pugilist will win knockout in. 1-2 rounds.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #33
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,468
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    It does, but it also doesn't.

    Often times I am sickened by our modern world where everything needs to be made easy safe and accessible for everyone, children now grow up without learning the ability to calculate risks, boxing flies in the face of all that, for that I appreciate it.

    I don't follow boxing or MMA at all, but I'll say there is a allure to an activity/sport that is impossible to make safe.
    You misunderstood my meaning with this. I wasn't referring to the health and safety aspects of the sport, but rather the financial BS that surrounds the whole thing.
    I do think tho that boxing, MMA etc where one is trying their best to damage and harm the other and thus put them out of the fight is barbaric and plain stupid, whatever anyone thinks it symbolises. There are martial arts however that are more of an art form, where causing damage is not the prime function, and I can appreciate those. The lines are sometimes blurred tho, much like the boxer's vision...
    It's all Here. Now.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,580
    Comeone, you guys complaining about greed, get a clue! Boxing has been one of the biggest exploitations around, whgere promoters and do nothing dumb asses get the money and the boxer is left broke and brain dead. Glad to see these fighters are keeping what they are earning for a change. If you don't like it, don't pay to watch. But the good old days were total BS with fighters getting the short end despite taking all the punishment and risk.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  35. #35
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,568
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jackbombay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I do think tho that boxing, MMA etc where one is trying their best to damage and harm the other and thus put them out of the fight is barbaric and plain stupid...
    It's absolutely barbaric!

    But some barbarity isn't such a bad thing in our modern society which is so full of faf and bullshit.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jackbombay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    lmfao!!!

  38. #38
    Straight out tha traila
    Reputation: EugeneTheJeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

  39. #39
    Straight out tha traila
    Reputation: EugeneTheJeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    979
    Saw this pic and I think it perfectly sums up this fight.

    Mayweather - McGregor-i7zloj6r-1280.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

  40. #40
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    Saw this pic and I think it perfectly sums up this fight.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i7zloj6r-1280.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	1154307
    He's as cocky as they get. I hope Mayweather works him in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  41. #41
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,468
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    It's absolutely barbaric!

    But some barbarity isn't such a bad thing in our modern society which is so full of faf and bullshit.
    Each to their own! I used to box at college and between that and rugby, I had enough of that crap. I'll take my chances in the rocks up in the hills here...
    It's all Here. Now.

  42. #42
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,468
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    Comeone, you guys complaining about greed, get a clue! Boxing has been one of the biggest exploitations around, whgere promoters and do nothing dumb asses get the money and the boxer is left broke and brain dead. Glad to see these fighters are keeping what they are earning for a change. If you don't like it, don't pay to watch. But the good old days were total BS with fighters getting the short end despite taking all the punishment and risk.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There's still plenty of people skimming gazillions out of this. The fighters get more because the pie is bigger...
    It's all Here. Now.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jackbombay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    He's as cocky as they get. I hope Mayweather works him in the first round.
    So you want the wife beater to win, got it.


    :-P


    He was convicted of beating on his wife though, Floyd Mayweather domestic violence history - Business Insider

    I'll happily cheer on a cocky Irish bastard over a wife beater any day of the year.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Each to their own...
    Fighting isn't my deal either! But this fight has piqued my interest, hopefully that doesn't make me a barbarian 8-l

  44. #44
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    Didn't know about him beating his wife. Now I don't like either one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  45. #45
    Cycologist
    Reputation: chazpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,604
    Any chance they could both land a punch and knock each other out?
    Last edited by chazpat; 08-27-2017 at 06:18 AM.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

  46. #46
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Black guy wins.

  47. #47
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Anyone know who has won ?

  48. #48
    755872
    Guest
    Bueller? Bueller?

  49. #49
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  50. #50
    western NC
    Reputation: HPIguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,634
    Now let's see Mayweather step into a UFC ring.

  51. #51
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,007
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    You misunderstood my meaning with this. I wasn't referring to the health and safety aspects of the sport, but rather the financial BS that surrounds the whole thing.
    I do think tho that boxing, MMA etc where one is trying their best to damage and harm the other and thus put them out of the fight is barbaric and plain stupid, whatever anyone thinks it symbolises. There are martial arts however that are more of an art form, where causing damage is not the prime function, and I can appreciate those. The lines are sometimes blurred tho, much like the boxer's vision...
    Boxing is a sport and a science. The science of boxing. You either see that and get it or you don't. Once a boxer gives into emotions and abandons the game plan the mental part is lost and likely the fight as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    There's still plenty of people skimming gazillions out of this. The fighters get more because the pie is bigger...
    There's some truth to what you say, and still some shady judges and less than honorable promoters. But with tech and more available info for everyone, including the fighters, boxing has come a long way and nowhere near where it was just 20 years ago. 50 years ago it was a circus.

    What makes boxing so interesting is the match up. You take one persons set of skills against another's and you can think it to death but you just don't know what will happen. And one good punch could change the course of the fight, no matter how good or bad the fight is going for either opponent
    Round and round we go

  53. #53
    EAT MORE GRIME
    Reputation: 127.0.0.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,423
    props for McGregor wanting to continue all wobbly and go down fighting

    props to Mayweather for showing what age and skill can do to a young blowhard
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jackbombay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    He's as cocky as they get.

    His post fight press conference, solid dude for sure, the cocky trash talking is just part of fighting...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZKneR956P8

  55. #55
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    His post fight press conference, solid dude for sure, the cocky trash talking is just part of fighting...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZKneR956P8
    And the classy ones don't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  56. #56
    western NC
    Reputation: HPIguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    His post fight press conference, solid dude for sure, the cocky trash talking is just part of fighting...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZKneR956P8
    People tend to forget pre-fight antics are all about selling tickets / PPV.

  57. #57
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    People tend to forget pre-fight antics are all about selling tickets / PPV.
    Sure, but not all do that macho cocky shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  58. #58
    western NC
    Reputation: HPIguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Sure, but not all do that macho cocky shit.
    No, but the vast majority do. Let's not forget, Mayweather was one of the most disrespectful cocky SOB's there was in his prime. Just because he behaved here means absolutely nothing. Larry Merchant (famous boxing announer) told Mayweather once if he was 50 years younger, he'd kick his ass. Anybody remember some of the stuff Tyson would say? Truly off the rails.

    I'm also guessing some of this is directed by their promoters to drive up hype. I have no proof of that, just a guess.

    And at the end of the day, we're all still animals, each and every one of us. Sure, we may act more civilized day to day than these guys do on camera, but that's about it. And when backed into a corner, I'm betting most of us would be shocked of what we're capable of.

  59. #59
    J:
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    ! who's McGregor again???




    video=youtube;][/video]...

  60. #60
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    Anybody watch the Cotto Kamegai fight last night? Cotto power punched Kamegai non stop for 12 rounds but couldn't drop him. I don't recall ever seeing a fight where a guy got hit so hard in the head nonstop for 12 rounds and dint fall. Cottos got some serious power punches but Kamegai took it.

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html

    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  61. #61
    J:
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,128

    tough as nails

    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Anybody watch the Cotto Kamegai fight last night? Cotto power punched Kamegai non stop for 12 rounds but couldn't drop him. I don't recall ever seeing a fight where a guy got hit so hard in the head nonstop for 12 rounds and dint fall. Cottos got some serious power punches but Kamegai took it.

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html
    beatdown
    video=youtube;][/video]...

  62. #62
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    Quote Originally Posted by J: View Post
    beatdown
    The highlight video I posted above was just a flash of what happened the entire 12 rounds. Dude can take some blows. They almost stopped it, but Kamegai also lands some shots that kept them from stopping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Anybody watch the Cotto Kamegai fight last night? Cotto power punched Kamegai non stop for 12 rounds but couldn't drop him. I don't recall ever seeing a fight where a guy got hit so hard in the head nonstop for 12 rounds and dint fall. Cottos got some serious power punches but Kamegai took it.

    https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html

    Yeah, watched bits and pieces. Cotto has been out of the ring for 2 years. Even with that ring rust, and against an opponent that keeps coming forward and can take a serious beating, he still got the W. He's always been a fun fighter to watch with alota heart, but under Freddy Roach he's gotten better. Love that HBO put it on the same night, same time as showtime's mayweather's ppv bout. That never happens, think more than a coincidence.

    Canelo vs GGG should be an awesome fight.
    Round and round we go

  64. #64
    J:
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,128

    How could Canelo win???

    Canelo has to get lucky imho, GGG is a monster
    video=youtube;][/video]...

  65. #65
    J:
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    The highlight video I posted above was just a flash of what happened the entire 12 rounds. Dude can take some blows. They almost stopped it, but Kamegai also lands some shots that kept them from stopping it.
    *EDIT*
    Watched Cotto/KamegaiHBO, except for trying to get this Mayweather live stream utoobz (they never work, gave up after couple min.)
    video=youtube;][/video]...

  66. #66
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    Quote Originally Posted by J: View Post
    Watched it, except for trying to get this live stream utoobz (they never work, gave up after couple min.)
    Watch the short highlight video and multiply that by 12 rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by J: View Post
    Canelo has to get lucky imho, GGG is a monster
    Probably right. Not only is GGG boxing smart with awesome reflexes, but powerful well placed punches. But hey it's boxing, ya never know.

    Gotta give them both credit for facing each other. Unlike the last fight everyone wanted to see with mayweather who avoided and made reasons for not facing Manny for like 7 years, until he knew Manny had shoulder issues.
    Round and round we go

  68. #68
    J:
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Watch the short highlight video and multiply that by 12 rounds.
    edit/fixed my post above, saw the whole thing live


    DJ...where the hell did you find replacement vibram outsoles these days
    video=youtube;][/video]...

  69. #69
    J:
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Probably right. Not only is GGG boxing smart with awesome reflexes, but powerful well placed punches. But hey it's boxing, ya never know.

    Gotta give them both credit for facing each other. Unlike the last fight everyone wanted to see with mayweather who avoided and made reasons for not facing Manny for like 7 years, until he knew Manny had shoulder issues.

    Absolutely, GGG is a smart fighter...wholenuther level, maybe if he gets hurt training who knows
    video=youtube;][/video]...

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    His post fight press conference, solid dude for sure, the cocky trash talking is just part of fighting...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZKneR956P8
    Great press conference, and those Corona girls can help one get through even a snoozer.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by J: View Post
    Absolutely, GGG is a smart fighter...wholenuther level, maybe if he gets hurt training who knows
    Never know. Canelo is getting better and smarter. GGG had his closest fight against Jacobs.
    For me it's going to be all about the jab and who controls distance. GGG has more power with full extension. Canelo with shorter punches. With Conelo, if he can stand the first few rounds he has a better chance. GGG tends to cover up instead of retreat. Which can give Canelo a chance to get off some combinations, like overhand right and uppercut which can do damage. We also saw GGG fade in later rounds with Jacobs from the abuse and fatigue. Althou think GGG will win in first few rounds or by decision. With Canelo getting some of the rounds if it goes past a few.
    Round and round we go

  72. #72
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,468
    Whatever...


    Mayweather - McGregor-21077771_10213192857312297_7278235623625431428_n.jpg
    It's all Here. Now.

  73. #73
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    Anybody see this fight. Apparently there's a lady judge that is way off the mark. Not only in this fight but many before it.

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/controv...082853459.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,981
    Yeah DJ. I saw it for free on my bootlegged firebox.
    It was a close fight. The place and people favored Canelo so you gotta figure he gets some extra points because judges hear the cheers when Canelo scores which makes an impression. After the split decision draw was called the crowd bood Canelo and cheered ggg, which says it all. There have been some embarrassing judges decisions. This one wasn't one of em. It was close. Canelo threw bigger flashier shots, ggg kept coming forward, was the aggressor, and controlled most of the fight. Depending on what the judges like to see....

    No one likes a draw, but it sets the stage and the want for another dance. Which I'd love to see. It was a great fight. Both are great, smart boxers

  75. #75
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,404
    That article made it sound like that lady judge has been way off balance with her scoring compared to other judges in a lot of fights, this one included.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,981
    Off balance yes. Way off, not so much. Me thinks ggg won also, as most do, but talked to a few today who said the opposite. Ggg's face was certainly more tagged up post fight
    Round and round we go

Similar Threads

  1. OT: Mayweather or Pacquiao?
    By k2rider1964 in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 04:43 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-21-2015, 12:40 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.