Just in time for Halloween- Mtbr.com
    banned
    Sep 2010

Just in time for Halloween

I dunno how many of you can read this; by some fluke, the NYT allowed me access. But the story here is beyond just 'weird'...it's potentially terrifying.
    It appears that as far back as '07 and earlier, U.S. ordnance disposal teams in Iraq WERE uncovering wmd's.....long abandoned shells filled with mustard gas and sarin, a nerve agent, that Saddam had intended to use on Iran, and the apparently just said, "F#uck it: bury them in the desert!".

So these U.S. soldiers are getting chemical weapon burns which their officers refuse to acknowledge, calling them "heat exhaustion", or "attempts to avoid duty".
    That aside, the NYT notes that the areas that our troops found SOME but not ALL of the chemical ordnance, are now under the control of, you guessed it, ISIS.

And the real kicker is, virtually all of these weapons had their shell casings and other key parts made in the USA and other Euro countries.
    So, pretty soon, ISIS might be gassing people with U.S. made chemical filled ordnance. Iraq made their own chemicals, after the U.S. and other western countries sold them the vital ingredients, meaning 'we' were in on it all along. After all, Saddam was our 'friend' back then, and he was only going to gas the Iranians.

Trick or friggin' treat time, all right.....

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...&nlid=19471541

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    We did a pipeline project years ago, north of Santa Rosa California, and the contractor dug up a bunch of buried mustard gas canisters. A couple of laborers were exposed to the gas. Delayed the project by 6 months, while the Army cleaned it up. There are chemicals buried everywhere.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Scary sh!t!
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    We did a pipeline project years ago, north of Santa Rosa California, and the contractor dug up a bunch of buried mustard gas canisters. A couple of laborers were exposed to the gas. Delayed the project by 6 months, while the Army cleaned it up. There are chemicals buried everywhere.
    Did they get a Purple Heart for it?

JK..........chemical weapons are nothing to fool around with.

Rabid Lana Fan
    I ride these trails on the arsenal all the time. I've seen the nuke warning signs down by the little pond at the quarry.

Deadly chemical weapons, buried and lost, lurk under U.S. soil - Los Angeles Times

I also spent time in Dallas recently...I'm a goner.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    I think the Army's mantra was bury and don't tell anybody.

Pipe Dreamer
    I thought this thread was going to be about:

This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    There's been a lot of talk about this today where I've been. Lots of people feel betrayed, lied to, and pissed off.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Thank you!!!!!

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    There's been a lot of talk about this today where I've been. Lots of people feel betrayed, lied to, and pissed off.
    About ebola, or the chemical weapon coverup?

I can understand feelings of betrayal about the latter.
    They wouldn't even give the soldiers Purple Hearts for their injuries, fer crissakes.
    Totally chickensh*t.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    chem weapons use/possession cover up.

A waste of time it is is
    so the coalition of the willing was right all along?

Hmm, what next? Global warming was just this decades scare campaign to perpetuate a need for commercial growth in an industry where none was previously economically viable, just like the Y2K bug, the hole in the ozone layer, the end of society as we know it because of AIDs and the grim reaper campaign, the end of fossil fuels, or the take over of the western world by the communists? See that, a scare campaign from every decade going back to the 60's.

<iframe width="640" height="375" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U219eUIZ7Qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    so the coalition of the willing was right all along?

Hmm, what next? Global warming was just this decades scare campaign to perpetuate a need for commercial growth in an industry where none was previously economically viable, just like the Y2K bug, the hole in the ozone layer, the end of society as we know it because of AIDs and the grim reaper campaign, the end of fossil fuels, or the take over of the western world by the communists? See that, a scare campaign from every decade going back to the 60's.

<iframe width="640" height="375" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U219eUIZ7Qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I believe that what we have here, is a failure to communicate. (Cool Hand Luke).There is still no evidence that wmd's, fresh wmd's, existed at the time of the invasion. These were leftovers that the U.S. basically sold to Saddam, or the parts to make them, for the purpose of gassing the Iranian troops he anticipated conquering.

That did't work out too well for him, either, so in his typical meticulous fashion, he just had his men bury them in the sand, knowing full well that storing them thus would only render them useless in the conventional sense.

The problem now is, ISIS. They have a seemingly endless supply of pilgrim recruits who are more than willing to gas themselves by mistake if necessary, in order to cobble together something they can use against whoever.

Us, or Israel, most likely.

A waste of time it is is
    C'mon Ray, why let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    C'mon Ray, why let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?
    Speaking of which, it also occurs to me that this story comes from the NYT, a leading newspaper in the world that is reviled by the rightwing AM talk shows as a haven for terrorist-loving atheist liberal gun-grabbers. Commies too.

Although I must admit that it was the NYT's own Judith Miller who gave major traction to the Colin Powell WMD shuffle.

Lest nobody be confused about this, Powell alleged that Iraq was ramping up to produce wmd's at a time when the shells and rockets discovered by our military were about 10 years old or older. Most likely, they were already buried, just the way our OD guys found them. I'm sure a few more years of sand aged them even more, but they still have some salvageable stuff there for anybody willing to sacrifice a few hundred lives in the process.

That's where ISIS comes in; they got droves of those guys.

Hopefully there will be a few live incoming shells or bombs to stir things up when they do attempt a salvage operation.

That would definitely be video-worthy.