Just released: The Late Chris Cornell, covers GNR’s Patience: Chris’s Birthday today:- Mtbr.com
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury

Just released: The Late Chris Cornell, covers GNR’s Patience: Chris’s Birthday today:

Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I am a huge fan of Chris, but not really digging this cover. Now his cover of Metallica's ONE using U2's ONE melody is a favorite of mine.

mtbr member
    The cover is OK, not bad not great, but damn his voice hits me right in the feels every time, particularly his solo work.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    The cover is OK, not bad not great, but damn his voice hits me right in the feels every time, particularly his solo work.
    Exactly my take on it and his voice. He did this cover because his daughter was a Guns and Roses fan. That in itself is pretty touching, add in his amazing unique vocals and his death and the late release on his birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Yeah, he was a genuine talent in so many regards, and all round good guy. His solo show I saw a year or two before he passed is still one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Not sure why, maybe because he was older and had a family, maybe because I'm older, maybe because I kinda [naively] thought he'd survived the 90's and was just gonna be around for ever (like Eddie), but his death hurt way more than any other celeb/musician.