James Foley- Mtbr.com

Thread: James Foley

mtbr member

James Foley

Forgive me for maybe darkening the tone but I reckon if there can be a thread dedicated to Robin Williams then James Foley surely deserves our respects too.

It is easy to forget the brutality that so many people under Islamic rule routinely suffer every day but the death of James Foley has for me been a sharp and touching reminder. He and people like him risk their lives to let the rest of the world know what is going on in terrible places few of us would wish to ever go. They go so that we can understand the suffering of oppressed and persecuted people without leaving the comfort of our homes. They are human like us, with families who love them and I'm sure they get scared just as we would in those situations, but they are willing to risk their lives in the hope that in some small way they can actually make a difference. That those of us at home will do something, say something, give something in response to the suffering we see and bring a small ray of hope and light into the darkest corners of the world.

James paid the highest price for his comment. He found himself a pawn in the hands of men who care nothing for life, not even their own, and nothing for the most basic rules of human decency. The image of James Foley kneeling on the ground before his murder is etched in my mind and if one thing of worth comes of it I hope it might be that we never loose sight of what manner of enemy and evil we are dealing with.

While I know I should forgive my enemies the truth is I wish to see these men gone from the world. They wish to die for their cause? Excellent! Let's concoct a scheme to gather them all in one place and present them with the largest bomb we can find.

I pray that James' family will one day find a semblance of peace. God rest his soul.

James Foley-foley680.jpg

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    While it is a tragedy.............Forum: Off Camber (off topic)
    Off topic general discussion (no politics or religion)

High Desert MTBer
    Not the time or place.
    It's all Here. Now.

I didn't do it
    Please not here.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Sorry. It was not my intention to upset anyone. I don't know what the problem is but I trust the moderators will act appropriately.

Sergeant Spandex
    I imagine it would be okay to talk about James Foley, his work and dedication to journalism without venturing into the politics.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    While it is a tragedy.............Forum: Off Camber (off topic)
    Off topic general discussion (no politics or religion)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Not the time or place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Please not here.
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    I imagine it would be okay to talk about James Foley, his work and dedication to journalism without venturing into the politics.
    +1 on all accts.

mtbr member
    It's clearly a very sensitive issue, I know it effected me deeply, and I have no wish to upset or offend anyone.

Even if some would like to talk about it I would prefer not to if it causes pain to anyone. I won't add any more and I think it would be best if no one else did either.