IRS is pushing tax day- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,820

    IRS is pushing tax day

    You now have until 7/15 to file.

    That means I can procrastinate a few more months

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,063
    Actually very awesome for me.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Out spokin'
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    10,556
    Damn! I already got my money.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedalon2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    557
    Yes, that is unfortunate. I owe them big money this year and had already written the check but I was waiting till the last minute to send it in. Now I have almost four more months to head to the casino and triple my tax payment. Or lose it all and go to jail. My accountant shared with me that one of his clients makes 20 million a year. Every year. But since Trump cut taxes on the wealthy, he now pays $600,000 less while I am jacked into a way too high bracket. And I am retired......no fairness till you start riding, then who cares.....Safe Travels All...

  5. #5
    Duck Fonald
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalon2018 View Post
    Yes, that is unfortunate. I owe them big money this year and had already written the check but I was waiting till the last minute to send it in. Now I have almost four more months to head to the casino and triple my tax payment. Or lose it all and go to jail. My accountant shared with me that one of his clients makes 20 million a year. Every year. But since Trump cut taxes on the wealthy, he now pays $600,000 less while I am jacked into a way too high bracket. And I am retired......no fairness till you start riding, then who cares.....Safe Travels All...
    Oh, no! Another Trumpian reality check! People are so freaking blind how he is doing them in the butt.
    "It is what it is."

    DJT on US Covid-19 deaths.

  6. #6
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Oh, no! Another Trumpian reality check! People are so freaking blind how he is doing them in the butt.
    Here we go, another doomed thread due to political views.

    Topic at hand, my taxes were done and received two months ago it seems. As soon as I had access to my W2 I was off and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sir kayakalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Here we go, another doomed thread due to political views.

    Topic at hand, my taxes were done and received two months ago it seems. As soon as I had access to my W2 I was off and running.
    Just because someone is doing it in the butt?
    DAAAANG...that was janky

  8. #8
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir kayakalot View Post
    Just because someone is doing it in the butt?
    Lol
    No, but it’s the snowball effect that happens after a post like that one that sends it down the pooper.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,478
    How does income tax work in the US? Say you get paid $50k pa, does your employer not deduct your income tax before you get it?
    It's very rare here to file a tax return.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedalon2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    557
    Blind my butt, One could easily see where the help to the middle class was just a knife in the back. Now they want to screw the poor and give more money to those that will never need a dime more. I believe most Americans will kick his butt out of the White House and right into Prison, kids too.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedalon2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    557
    Yes, but you have control how much is deducted. And just recently, write offS on thousands of items is no longer permitted.stuck it to the middle class and they are not done yet...

  12. #12
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Damn! I already got my money.
    =sParty
    Me too.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalon2018 View Post
    Yes, but you have control how much is deducted. And just recently, write offS on thousands of items is no longer permitted.stuck it to the middle class and they are not done yet...
    They had to take away the middle-class tax deductions so the 1% can write off their private jets.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veloborealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Lol
    No, but it’s the snowball effect that happens after a post like that one that sends it down the pooper.
    Whoa, buddy. No talking about down the pooper while we're discussing taking it up the pooper.
    Veni vidi velo!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veloborealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalon2018 View Post
    Blind my butt, One could easily see where the help to the middle class was just a knife in the back. Now they want to screw the poor and give more money to those that will never need a dime more. I believe most Americans will kick his butt out of the White House and right into Prison, kids too.
    I don't know. Creepy Uncle Joe (a serial gaffer and exaggerator) vs Conman Trump (a serial liar and gaslighter). Tough to call this one. Can't we do better than this. America? And no, I don't mean Bernie.
    Veni vidi velo!

  16. #16
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,186
    Quote Originally Posted by veloborealis View Post
    Whoa, buddy. No talking about down the pooper while we're discussing taking it up the pooper.
    I’ll have you know it took at least five other members to skim past that until someone [you] came along and got the innuendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veloborealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I’ll have you know it took at least five other members to skim past that until someone [you] came along and got the innuendo.
    Nah, the others just had the good taste and good sense not to comment.
    Veni vidi velo!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OzarkFathom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    738
    Pass on this little “grouping”.
    Freedom is a shield against the negative consequences of the Foolishness of others.



  19. #19
    psycho cyclo addict
    Reputation: edubfromktown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,906

    IRS is pushing tax day

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Damn! I already got my money.
    =sParty
    I make sure to always owe something... no need for them to get an interest free loan on the excess during each year.

    Also note: you still need to file taxes by April 15th (or request an extension).

    The postponement is for payments on federal tax returns.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

    Gravel bike w/ MTB tires
    Rigid steel SS 29er
    Rigid titanium SS 27.5
    Full suspension 29er
    Hard Tail 29er

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: azimiut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    762
    Filed and got our return. My mom is a CPA. She does my taxes

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OzarkFathom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by edubfromktown View Post
    I make sure to always owe something... no need for them to get an interest free loan on the excess during each year.

    Also note: you still need to file taxes by April 15th (or request an extension).

    The postponement is for payments on federal tax returns.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope.
    The filing date was moved to July 15.
    Freedom is a shield against the negative consequences of the Foolishness of others.



  22. #22
    One ring to mash them all
    Reputation: the one ring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by edubfromktown View Post
    I make sure to always owe something... no need for them to get an interest free loan on the excess during each year.
    Me too. But have you seen the new federal W-4 and payroll withholding tables? They're very different from the past (i.e. no exemptions). So unless you went through the calculations and submitted a new W-4, you may be surprised at the end of the year.

    On my pay stubs it no longer shows any federal allowances/exemptions, as it still does for CA. Instead it says: "Standard Withholding Table / Married Filing Jointly."

    Of course if you don't do payroll withholding then that wouldn't apply.
    "Thousands of you may die…it is what it is." - Lord Farkwad

    Real eyes realize real lies.

  23. #23
    psycho cyclo addict
    Reputation: edubfromktown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,906
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkFathom View Post
    Nope.
    The filing date was moved to July 15.
    I now agree and stand corrected... since it is finally official on the IRS web site (dated today).

    https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-day...of-amount-owed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

    Gravel bike w/ MTB tires
    Rigid steel SS 29er
    Rigid titanium SS 27.5
    Full suspension 29er
    Hard Tail 29er

Similar Threads

  1. Pushing pro squid eaters off a cliff
    By reklar in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 04:17 PM
  2. Marshall Mesa Loop Tomorrow (Sunday, Tax Day)
    By Debaser in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Members who have read this thread: 39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.