mtbr member

IPAD Favorite App

I'll start. The best thing I do with my Ipad is control my stereo while I sit in my back yard, drink beer and smoke cigars. I can control the play selection and volume. It's somewhat addictive to do this and endured the winter (although mild) and the oppresive Texas summer, but my Ipad has changed my life...........

Chamois Dropper
    My VLC media player app. They outlawed it, but I'm grandfathered in I guess because I downloaded it when it came out. I can ram any kind of media file into the ipad through itunes and it will play it. I don't have to convert anything to an mp4.

mtbr member
    that's awesome.

Chamois Dropper
    I have also found that the iBooks app is very handy in the shop. Anytime I look up service manuals online they are normally in PDF form, like the fox manual, Sram,Shimano, whatever. When the web PDF comes up, tap the screen and hit " open in iBooks" it will send it to the app and save it. Since my pad is already in the shop with Pandora playing, I always have the shop manuals for the components on the bikes right there.

mtbr member
    Youtube is pretty awesome when you are trying to learn anyting musical. I was able to learn :"where is my mind" on the paino from youtube this way....

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Sonos app for my Sonos system and flipbook app are the two I enjoy the most

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    For business I use Pages and Keynote.

For entertainment I use Netflix, Luminance (photo editing), Snapseed (photo editing), Draw Something (game), Pinball and Shadowgun. I use Sleep Pillow to help me go to sleep and Alarm Clock to help me wake up.

But to be honest, I use Mail and Safari the most. I have all my email accounts on my iPad, and I check my pending business the moment I open my eyes in the morning, because my iPad is always bedside. I don't think it's healthy when the first thing I grab when I wake up is the iPad to start working immediately. No wonder why I have high blood pressure.

In fact, I'm typing this on my iPad right now. I think I may be too OCD with my iStuff.

mtbr member
    Love the navigation apps. Trapster is best at telling you all the red light camaras, and speed trap/cop spots, and "Waze" does that too, and also gives audio turn by turn. Both free btw.
    Last edited by theMeat; 05-09-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Round and round we go

Members who have read this thread: 0