The internet as an educational tool- Mtbr.com
    I'm just messing with you

The internet as an educational tool

Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

I didn't do it
    Back in high school I was taking this vocational arts class, can't remember what it was called, where the students basically built a house over the course of a few years. The idea was that it would be sold at a discount to a needy family. Anyhow one day I had my right foot propped up on a sawhorse and Tom Sjoden came up with a 2 x 4 and without warning smacked me in the balls. Oh man that put me down for the count. It hurt like hell.

Btw the house sucked and was never sold. Nothing was plumb and a lot of the sills, etc were at funny angles. The house was torn down.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

banned
    Sep 2010
    In my fighting arts school, all the students wore these super-hard plastic cups.
    We kicked each other in the umbilical region full-contact, as hard a we could, and we had them doing that starting in the 2nd or 3rd week of training, sometimes soone.

Lots of guys would get tired 1-1/2 hours into the training, and the kicks would start to get lower.
    so, those cups did come in handy.

the only problem is, they protect your scrotum and genitalia; they do nothing to protect the pubis symphysis, which is actually like the sacral vertebrae....fused but not solid bone.

It's easy to break a pubic bone with a downward heel kick or palm strike.....talk about spilling your guts!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    It's easy to break a pubic bone with a downward heel kick or palm strike.....talk about spilling your guts!
    I just retracted a little.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    I just retracted a little.
    That never happened in our school, we were actually very good with safety, but it did happen in our parking lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    talk about spilling your guts!
    My brother in law had a hernia that opened up and that's exactly what happened. From what I heard, his guts were in his nutsack. It hurts me to think of it.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    My brother in law had a hernia that opened up and that's exactly what happened. From what I heard, his guts were in his nutsack. It hurts me to think of it.
    OK, it's complete now. Thanks guys.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Actually a life-threatening situation there.

My mom had hernia wherein her inflamed appendix was actually encapsulated, just before it burst. She was in her late 70's when that happened, and the general consensus was that if her appendix had burst in her abdominal cavity, unfettered, the resulting peritonitis would very likely have killed her. It's challenging to treat peritonitis in anybody, but in elderly people its' particularly tough. Her appendix had been deteriorating, asymptomatically, for some time, in the doc's opinion.

That hernia saved her life.

Funny how things work out like it did for your Mom.

They rushed my BIL right into surgery and he's back to work lifting stuff that weighs more than he does again. He's kind of a hard head.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Funny how things work out like it did for your Mom.

They rushed my BIL right into surgery and he's back to work lifting stuff that weighs more than he does again. He's kind of a hard head.
    She was a tough old New Yorker from the Bronx. She lived another decade after that.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    OK, it's complete now. Thanks guys.

I'm a bit further in than that but great correlation. I can't even watch those videos without a cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.