This . . . . is . . . . interesting?- Mtbr.com
    > /dev/null 2&>1

This . . . . is . . . . interesting?

Sorry, I'm going to hell but I just can't stop laughing at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfRMeU6pQ8#t=37

I didn't do it
    Don't worry, you're not going to hell for laughing at that. That style of protest is counterproductive and only clouds the message.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

I'm just messing with you
    All I heard was bla bla bla sniff sniff bla bla bla then all at once I tuned in on her little girl's name is Snow and she's on plates on tables all over that restaurant. So I presumed the place was serving soylent green, and I agree that's a horrible thing.

What, you mean that wasn't her point?
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

9 lives
    Today is meatless Monday
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

banned
    Sep 2010
    Well, this is timely.
    I'm just about to have some Snow and rice for lunch!

Arroz con Pollo!

I'm also very happy because i found a Thai place just down the hill that will make food for me with no added sodium.
    Life is looking up! (unless yer Snow)

When Jebus made us He made us omnivores, anyway.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    A big W. T. F

Big Mac

So, somebody ate her baby? That is pretty fugged up.

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: This . . . . is . . . . interesting?

My problem with these anti meat guys is, we have such bigger problems.

So let's say north America stops eating meat. Much of us live in areas with zero agricultural production, and many of us live in areas where the only agriculture that is productive year round is beef, chicken and other meats. Others depend on fishing for some portion of their calories.

OK. So much of that meat is fed with corn and other grains, which can be grown in more productive areas and stored over the winter in less productive areas. So, in a sense, beef, chicken and other livestock convert stored corn/grain to protein, iron and calories, during months of the year when stuff doesn't grow in those places.

This is in fact, why western and northern Europeans are meat / fish eaters: we ate what could survive the winter.

Those in lower latitudes and inland, like most south Asians, tend to be vegetarian : crops grow during larger portions of the year, and, meat spoiled quickly in warm climates. So a cow was worth much more alive, as a daily milk producer, than dead.

Anyways, back on topic. So let's say north Americans stopped eating meat. What would that mean?

For one, a LOT more trucking fruits and vegetables from South to North year round (much of it all the way from Mexico as we already see today). Basically anyone north of the mason-Dixon line, and most people in the rockies and west of there, except for California. This means a dramatic rise in oil use, which, means co2. Now, it's possible reductions in methane from livestock might offset that, it would be an interesting study. But, co2 use aside, this would also increase our dependence on foreign oil, which is also bad. On top of that, what happens to all those jobs in these northerly climates, which would need to be exchanged for southerly agricultural jobs? Are they planning for a mass migration south? Think about the environmental aspects of that!

So these people are incredibly short sited, I have never seen an educated, well researched position from the vegetarian side exploring the economic aspects of their proposed movement.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Procter View Post
    My problem with these anti meat guys is, we have such bigger problems.

So let's say north America stops eating meat. Much of us live in areas with zero agricultural production, and many of us live in areas where the only agriculture that is productive year round is beef, chicken and other meats. Others depend on fishing for some portion of their calories.

OK. So much of that meat is fed with corn and other grains, which can be grown in more productive areas and stored over the winter in less productive areas. So, in a sense, beef, chicken and other livestock convert stored corn/grain to protein, iron and calories, during months of the year when stuff doesn't grow in those places.

This is in fact, why western and northern Europeans are meat / fish eaters: we ate what could survive the winter.

Those in lower latitudes and inland, like most south Asians, tend to be vegetarian : crops grow during larger portions of the year, and, meat spoiled quickly in warm climates. So a cow was worth much more alive, as a daily milk producer, than dead.

Anyways, back on topic. So let's say north Americans stopped eating meat. What would that mean?

For one, a LOT more trucking fruits and vegetables from South to North year round (much of it all the way from Mexico as we already see today). Basically anyone north of the mason-Dixon line, and most people in the rockies and west of there, except for California. This means a dramatic rise in oil use, which, means co2. Now, it's possible reductions in methane from livestock might offset that, it would be an interesting study. But, co2 use aside, this would also increase our dependence on foreign oil, which is also bad. On top of that, what happens to all those jobs in these northerly climates, which would need to be exchanged for southerly agricultural jobs? Are they planning for a mass migration south? Think about the environmental aspects of that!

So these people are incredibly short sited, I have never seen an educated, well researched position from the vegetarian side exploring the economic aspects of their proposed movement.
    that's way too much thought, just to eat a chicken..
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

****** to the dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Damned PETA, tree hungin' fools.

Evolutionsverlierer

Can you post some link(s) which show some scientifically research done on this aspect?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by acer66 View Post
    Can you post some link(s) which show some scientifically research done on this aspect?
    Again... way to much effort, just to eat a chicken.
    -Dad

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I had bacon for breakfast the other day. Then I had a hamburger for lunch. For dinner I had a carnitas burrito. I'm eating meat for good.

****** to the dirt
    Well it is scientifically colder and snows here in Canada so much that nothing grows in the winter months (roughly OCT through March). And since nothing grows the vegetables need to come from some where.

I don't think one has to be a scientist to under stand Procter point.
    My Blog

Evolutionsverlierer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    Again... way to much effort, just to eat a chicken.
    With your name and picture should that not go, just eat more fish or do fish require more effort than chicken?

Evolutionsverlierer
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    Well it is scientifically colder and snows here in Canada so much that nothing grows in the winter months (roughly OCT through March). And since nothing grows the vegetables need to come from some where.

I don't think one has to be a scientist to under stand Procter point.
    Well, he himself asks a question in that direction in his post and almost nothing is ever just black and white or just that simple.

mtbr member
    I'd a thrown a piece of my Fish at her.
    -Dad

> /dev/null 2&>1
    Acer is right, to be fair I'm making a lot of assertions in my post. I could be wrong in a number of ways:

What if the total CO2 cost of meat currently moved from meat-producing areas to non-meat producing areas is higher than the total CO2 cost of trucking the additional veggies North?
    What if there are other aspects of meat production, such as water use or reduction in arable land, which make it more expensive than purely vegetarian production in the same areas, or, overall?

I tend to think that economics make us all avoid costs, and the food production system we currently have trends towards the most economically efficient one, given the nuances of agricultural productivity in those areas, regardless of our cultural food preferences. But, again, that's just assertion.

Acer, I might be wrong.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    THis is deep. I'm now afraid of change. I hope nothing changes. Change could be the end of the world...

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Is this the new GW thread?

Flappity flappity flap
    Yeah, whatever.

Tempeh is the ecosystem for innocent fungus, I'm sure you've killed billions *****...

I didn't do it
    I think it might become the new OC food thread. Post up yer chicken recipes everybody.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    I think it might become the new OC food thread. Post up yer chicken recipes everybody.
    We could talk about those nasty little fungus' and bacterias that live on chicken meat which are waiting to get ya if you don't cook it thoroughly.

EMBA Member
    we had some pork chops a week or two ago and my son thought they tasted just like chicken. I however thought they tasted like pork chops. go figure. that's about as much thought as I'm putting into this one.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    we had some pork chops a week or two ago and my son thought they tasted just like chicken. I however thought they tasted like pork chops. go figure. that's about as much thought as I'm putting into this one.
    Oh yes, pork chops,... the other "white meat".

> /dev/null 2&>1
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    Is this the new GW thread?
    It definitely could be, we just need a couple fanatical vegetarians to come forward.

Evolutionsverlierer
    Acer is right, to be fair I'm making a lot of assertions in my post. I could be wrong in a number of ways:

What if the total CO2 cost of meat currently moved from meat-producing areas to non-meat producing areas is higher than the total CO2 cost of trucking the additional veggies North?
    What if there are other aspects of meat production, such as water use or reduction in arable land, which make it more expensive than purely vegetarian production in the same areas, or, overall?

I tend to think that economics make us all avoid costs, and the food production system we currently have trends towards the most economically efficient one, given the nuances of agricultural productivity in those areas, regardless of our cultural food preferences. But, again, that's just assertion.

Acer, I might be wrong.
    Or you might be right or it is a tie, so many questions so many in fact that I might have to agree with Fishbucket and say, that's way too much thought, just to eat a chicken..

Evolutionsverlierer
    It definitely could be, we just need a couple fanatical vegetarians to come forward.
    I am a vegetarian but unfortunately for the entertainment value of this thread not a fanatical one.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Or bologna, the other "pink meat".

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I am a vegetarian but unfortunately for the entertainment value of this thread not a fanatical one.
    What's your favorite form of plant matter?

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    We could talk about those nasty little fungus' and bacterias that live on chicken meat which are waiting to get ya if you don't cook it thoroughly.
    Now that sounds interesting. We could even dovetail that into a rousing discussion concerning Ebola. Yay!!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Not very"
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Evolutionsverlierer
    What's your favorite form of plant matter?

the screaming for its life type

mtbr member
    Are they mostly Vegetarian because they love animals???... that would they really Hate Plants.

Oh oh !... i used to get these 'Smoked Pork Chops' at a restaurant way back, they tasted just like HAM !.
    -Dad

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Why do all the animal protector people condone riding on horses on trails?

PETA needs to work on banning equestrians from our public lands and wilderness. Bikes only.

banned
    Sep 2012
    So is Snow a chicken or a calf? Either way I'd eat her. That kinda came out wrong. I have cut down on red meat to weekends only because it flares up my joint arthritis but I had me a big steak for dinner last night. Had some shrimp tonight and a turkey sandwich for lunch. Guess I'd be a PITA for PETA. Our teeth are designed to chew meat and plants, not one or the other.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    I say we just zombie out and eat the chick that was whining in the video. Fresh meat!

I didn't do it
    I ate a chicken named Susan once.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

banned
    Sep 2012
    Did you at least eat some of her children first?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    So, somebody ate her baby? That is pretty fugged up.
    That damn dingo strikes again.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Did you at least eat some of her children first?
    No, as it turned out Susan didn't have any children.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    How come no one ever feels sorry for the dead plants?

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    Because that is just as stupid as shedding a tear over a juicy steak dinner.

****** to the dirt
    No, as it turned out Susan didn't have any children.
    she had a cow.
    My Blog

swag swag like Caillou
    Aug 2014
    Sorry, I'm going to hell but I just can't stop laughing at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfRMeU6pQ8#t=37
    That was so funny I almost dropped my hamburger!

swag swag like Caillou
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    because plants don't scream when they die

The Boat or The Bike?
    I ate a chic named Susan once, does that count?
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike&Fish View Post
    I ate a chic named Susan once, does that count?
    What was the best part, her ribs, or her rump roast, or???

Oh yes, pork chops,... the other "white meat".
    Oh man I just had a flashback to Granny's fried chops from my childhood, and her saving the grease from that and bacon, etc in a coffee can for use in other recipes. Man oh man. I haven't had a chop like that for 30 years.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

I say we just zombie out and eat the chick that was whining in the video. Fresh meat!
    I thought Zombies ate brains?

If so, she's safe.

> /dev/null 2&>1

Quote Originally Posted by mrawesome234100 View Post
    They do, you just aren't listening

swag swag like Caillou
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by procter View Post
    they do, you just aren't listening
    what the actual f**k

Evolutionsverlierer
    They do, you just aren't listening
    I was wondering about that sound when I was chewing away on my daily pound of carrots yesterday.

mtbr member
    Last time I checked I have incisors. I'm an omnivore, get over it.

The thing that bugs me is that too many people think they have the right to complain that others aren't living the life they are and it's up to them to show the others the right way to live. I learned long ago that a choice made by another for me doesn't work and the reverse is true. Why isn't it enough for people to live their own lives and not place judgement on others. Be true to yourself, you can't be or "save" anyone else. If you want to have a conversation with a willing participant more power to you. If you want to go all high school drama-fest, take it to camp away from other people not interested in your agenda because that's the humane thing to do. People will seek out knowledge on their own or not, and it's not up to you. Btw, if you profess to be green and are interred naturally there are various bugs, maggots, bacteria that will be eating your mortal remains. Are you gonna put on a show to tell them to be humane and stop eating? LMAO, the cycle of life ain't pretty but it is certain.

Sorry, this crap bugs me and I'm in a bad mood. If I was in the right frame of mind perhaps I would consider it funny, but I simply feel she needs a wake up call.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

Axe
    Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by mrawesome234100 View Post
    Have you ever killed a farm animal? If done right they do not scream either.

And if they do, why it makes a difference? Animals kill other animals all the time, it is the perfectly natural way of things. Just like God or evolution or whatever intended it to be.

mtbr member
    All I can think about for dinner is a chicken pot pie.

ozz
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Sometimes the predators don't even wait for their prey to die. I forgot what kind of animals were involved, but I saw a video of a pack of animals eating their prey while it was still alive, brutal.

I watched a cat of mine scarf down a newborn baby bunny while it was alive. She was real bad about raiding rabbit nests.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    Sometimes the predators don't even wait for their prey to die. I forgot what kind of animals were involved, but I saw a video of a pack of animals eating their prey while it was still alive, brutal.
    Coyotes do this. Once a prey victim is captured, the adult members of the pack grab whatever part of the catch they can hold onto and then they all pull it apart while it's alive. This happened close by to us where we were staying this weekend. The yelps, cries, and howling is intense while this is occurring. It will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up if they are close enough to where you are.

Meatbomb
    I have a head of cabbage in my fridge. I'm naming it Snow in honor.

Flappity flappity flap
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    The thing that bugs me is that too many people think they have the right to complain that others aren't living the life they are and it's up to them to show the others the right way to live.
    I simply feel she needs a wake up call.
    Quoted selectively for effect.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
    Quoted selectively for effect.
    I agree I should learn to be more concise.
    Phillbo, pickle that cabbage, sauerkraut lasts forever.

Flappity flappity flap
    ^^Perfect. Kim Chi would work too, for the added silliness of Snow being spicy.
    I kind of want to get some canned chicken breast and make custom labels for it.

Giving you a little crap, the two thoughts were eerily similar in an opposite way.
    I just thought it was a really good joke.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    Search for videos of chimpanzees eating monkeys alive. Horrifying.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
    ^^Perfect. Kim Chi would work too, for the added silliness of Snow being spicy.
    I kind of want to get some canned chicken breast and make custom labels for it.

Giving you a little crap, the two thoughts were eerily similar in an opposite way.
    I just thought it was a really good joke.
    I do see your point and it is contradictory. I probably could've stated it better, perhaps more like that I hope she wakes up of her accord. As mentioned, I was also in a bad mood. I reserve the right to my opinion, but I would never force, coerce, or guilt anyone to my conclusion. I may try to lay some evidence down and see what they can pick up though.

Also, mmmmm....kim chi....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    Saw a bit on the Earth series by the BBC where a band of male chimps went on patrol of their territory. They encountered some others on their turf and ending up severely beating a male and a female. The female was unable to hold onto her baby and the band tore it apart and ate it. Vicious.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Saw a bit on the Earth series by the BBC where a band of male chimps went on patrol of their territory. They encountered some others on their turf and ending up severely beating a male and a female. The female was unable to hold onto her baby and the band tore it apart and ate it. Vicious.
    It just goes to show how close they are to humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

swag swag like Caillou
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Have you ever killed a farm animal? If done right they do not scream either.

And if they do, why it makes a difference? Animals kill other animals all the time, it is the perfectly natural way of things. Just like God or evolution or whatever intended it to be.
    I agree with you, I was just trying to give a reason why these people protest eating animals. They feel sorry for the 'poor' animals.

Honestly, that's pretty stupid.
    anyways, here's a quick video of seal clubbing. anyone up for some quick cash?

Wanna Ride Bikes?
    Jun 2014
    I don't understand... if we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?
    Hold my beer and watch this!

mtbr member
    Oh you hunters are sooo bad and inconsiderate... why can't you go to the grocery store and get your meat like everybody else?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    It just goes to show how close humans are to chimps.
    fify

banned
    Sep 2010
    Coyotes do this. Once a prey victim is captured, the adult members of the pack grab whatever part of the catch they can hold onto and then they all pull it apart while it's alive. This happened close by to us where we were staying this weekend. The yelps, cries, and howling is intense while this is occurring. It will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up if they are close enough to where you are.
    That's exactly how they kill your neighbors' chihuahua, poodle, or cat.
    Sometimes the cats fight back. The dogs never do.

There was a large pack of coyotes out near Painted Rock, Arizona that tore apart a game wardens' prize 'Rotty one year.
    Boy, was he bummed. Of all people, he should've known better than to let his dog run loose in the campground.

Wanna Ride Bikes?
    Jun 2014
    Oh you hunters are sooo bad and inconsiderate... why can't you go to the grocery store and get your meat like everybody else?
    'Cause we know it's not been fed a chemical diet, and how fresh it is. I've got some Ruffed Grouse waiting in my fridge, tastes like chicken.
    Hold my beer and watch this!

mtbr member
    Sounds reasonable, and I should say I am a venison fan. The comment was lacking the usual sarcasm displayed in my voice when sharing that particular vegan comment.

Ruffed Grouse, tastes like Snow. I feel a successful marketing campaign in the works...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    That's exactly how they kill your neighbors' chihuahua, poodle, or cat.
    Sometimes the cats fight back. The dogs never do.

There was a large pack of coyotes out near Painted Rock, Arizona that tore apart a game wardens' prize 'Rotty one year.
    Boy, was he bummed. Of all people, he should've known better than to let his dog run loose in the campground.
    The coyotes have it figured out, they'll patiently await the chance to sever a big dog's achilles tendon, then it's game over. I forget what it is, but I read there's only one breed of dog that can handle a coyote pack attack.

mtbr member
    one breed of dog that can handle a coyote pack attack.
    Kuvasz
    the Sheep Ranchers have them around here..
    -Dad

banned
    Sep 2010
    The coyotes have it figured out, they'll patiently await the chance to sever a big dog's achilles tendon, then it's game over. I forget what it is, but I read there's only one breed of dog that can handle a coyote pack attack.
    It's called a mountain lion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I think its llamas that put a beat down on coyotes. I read somewheres that the reason humans became so smart with are big brains was our ability to obtain large amounts of protein. Brains need protein to grow. Makes sense really, smarter animals are better predators. Besides I'm not a ruminant or any kind of medium sized hoofed animal.

Perpetual n00b

These are the kind of people who would enforce their dietary habits on others then complain when the price of the foods they eat skyrocket.
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!