Thread: How do you eat?

Digging in the pain cave.

How do you eat?

OK. A friend of mine had this discussion with me. We noticed that when people eat a plate of food, there are basically two types of eaters. Here is an example. You sit down for dinner with three or four different items on your plate. Steak, potato, veggie and something else.

Do you...

A--Eat a little steak, then some veggies, then potato and then something else or

B--Eat all of one item then move to the next, finish that item and then move to the next?

My friend is all over the place while it's one at a time for me.

So how do you do it?

Weird, I know. These completely random and useless questions are what I think of most nights while trying to stay awake.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    You forgot the stir it all together and eat it all at once. I do
    this sometimes depending on what it is. Most of the time I
    eat some meat, some veggies, bread, kind of all over the
    place.

Best, John

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by midschool22 View Post

Weird, I know. These completely random and useless questions are what I think of most nights while trying to stay awake.
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I like to mix it up, using a drink to clense the palate in between contrasting flavors. I tend to save my favorite item for the last bite.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Ovo-lacto vegetarian here, and I also like to mix it up.

Moose Member
    I eat whatever the hell I want to eat, when I want to eat it. If that means a bite of steak here, a bite of veggies there, so be it. I do what I want!

Basically I'm all over.

My brother however, was morbidly OCD about eating one at a time. He couldn't even take a drink in the middle of something.

mtbr member
    Always save best till last. Must be genetic because my kids do the same thing

Rabid Lana fan
    A while back, I was dating this girl. I was on the verge of proposing marriage to her, but then I noticed that she ate her peas one at a time.

That was it. I broke up with her.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    i have a mild case of OCD where I must finish all portions at the same time - 1 last bite each...this includes the beverage....

my wife thinks it's funny to take a bite off my plate in the middle of a meal - it stresses me out trying to find the balance again....
    Click Here for Forum Rules

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dummyrunner View Post
    Always save best till last. Must be genetic because my kids do the same thing
    I spent most of my life doing this! One day I was realized I should enjoy the best part first while I'm my hungriest and eat the rest of the crap at the end.

since 4/10/2009
    usually one at a time, save the best for last so that my memory of the meal focuses on the best item on my plate.

however, I'm not rigid about it.

sometimes I mix everything up.
    sometimes I go back and forth.
    sometimes it's one at a time, eating the warm item(s) first so they're not cold when I get to them. this usually means if I have a salad with my meal, the salad is eaten last because it's not temp sensitive.

last night was a mix everything up night with a big salad plate, but I also had a bowl of beans that were warm and I ate them first.

Hazardous to your health!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    You forgot the stir it all together and eat it all at once. I do
    this sometimes depending on what it is. Most of the time I
    eat some meat, some veggies, bread, kind of all over the
    place.

Best, John
    this is me ^^ ESP with meat and mashed pototes because when i have those 2...corn is not far behind and they are bomb together haha

i eat everything little at once...esp the salad..i hate salad
    2011 Specialized Rockhopper: Captain Tires, Disc Brakes, 24 speed

Upgrades:
    Shimano Clipless pedals
    x9 Rear Derailleur

Is not amused
    I eat as fast as I can like an impending disaster is about to strike.

Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The law of diminishing returns instructs us not to save the best for last because as appetite decreases so does enjoyment.

mtbr member
    does dumping fries to get to the smaller crisper morsels count?

meow meow
    one at a time including drink. unless it is beer, in that case i like to mix it up for some reason.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm definitely ocd about the way I eat. One bite of something, chew it, swallow. Move on to the next thing, repeat. Next thing, repeat again. This allows me finish everything at approximately the same time while saving the last bite of what ever I like best till it's the only thing left. For some odd reason drink doesn't figure into this routine of mine though. I'll drink pretty much any time throughout the meal.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Selection B describes my eating habits PERFECTLY. I have to be completely, perfectly, and fully finished with one item before I can even think about moving on to the next item.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

All fat, all the time.
    When I was a kid, 1 at a time. Now, not so much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    When I was a kid, 1 at a time. Now, not so much.
    Same with me when I was a kid - one item at a time and drink last. Now I usually mix and match including the beverage. As others have stated though, I'll vary it depending on the meal. Oh and I usually save the best for last. Now I'm hungry...

Probably drunk right now

With my mouth, usually....

That's all I got....
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Whatever I want....whenever I want

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    How do you eat?
    Anyone tried Intero-Rectogestion

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:153512" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s06e08-red-hot-catholic-love">Red Hot Catholic Love</a></b><br/>Get More: <a style="display: block; position: relative; top: -1.33em; float: right; font-weight: bold; color: #ffcc00; text-decoration: none" href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/">SOUTH<br/>PARK</a><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s06e08-red-hot-catholic-love">more...</a></p></div></div>

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:153517" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s06e08-red-hot-catholic-love">Red Hot Catholic Love</a></b><br/>Get More: <a style="display: block; position: relative; top: -1.33em; float: right; font-weight: bold; color: #ffcc00; text-decoration: none" href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/">SOUTH<br/>PARK</a><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s06e08-red-hot-catholic-love">more...</a></p></div></div>

Members who have read this thread: 0