No Stranger to danger....

How about the dirty roadies littering in the tour de france

These grubs just seem to throw their litter everywhere while they ride around.
    A drink bottle here, a gel drink wrapper there, bloody lolly wrappers and energy wrappers everywhere around the country side with gay abandon, whats doin ???
    What other sports can you just chuck s**t around and expect others to pick it up after them.?
    Typical littering roadies just stuffing up the streets, and they do it everywhere, not only in the tour, these guys are vermin, poor bloody Cadel having to ride around with these littering grubs........

humber river advocate
    what a bloody mess...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HTr2FQc5wdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    It's ok. They're just trashing France. Nobody really cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    These grubs just seem to throw their litter everywhere while they ride around.
    A drink bottle here, a gel drink wrapper there, bloody lolly wrappers and energy wrappers everywhere around the country side with gay abandon, whats doin ???
    What other sports can you just chuck s**t around and expect others to pick it up after them.?
    Typical littering roadies just stuffing up the streets, and they do it everywhere, not only in the tour, these guys are vermin, poor bloody Cadel having to ride around with these littering grubs........
    So, even though Cadel "litters" too he's alright because he's an Aussie?
    Double standard much?
    It's interesting to see the "us vs. them" attitude against roadies. They're cyclists too, people. I'm not saying there are no dykhead cyclists on the road, but I know a few that ride mtbs too.

AZ
    banned
    The Roadie bashing gets old after awhile. Are we all not "cyclists"? I'd bet that a good percentage of the people on this forum have at least one road bike.I'll own up to owning a couple or four. What say you? How many of you have a road bike?

Yes, that's fonetic
    I do and used to ride it quite a bit. It's been gathering dust the last few years though. 3 years ago I had 3 flats in the first 10 miles of the Maui Century Ride and I only had 2 tubes (no patch kit). I hitchhiked back to my truck, drove home, switched bikes and went for a long mtb ride. The road bike has been hanging ever since.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    It's ok. They're just trashing France. Nobody really cares.
    Agreed. Should have let them keep on speaking German.

I think it is a racing thing more or less. I just ran the Peachtree Road Race here in Atlanta with 60k runners and even more spectators. People threw stuff everywhere BUT it was only a 6.2mile route to clean. Much less compared to the hundreds of miles of the Tour de France that would require cleaning.

Yet at a trail I use to mountain bike a lot which rarely had races they decided to hold a mountain bike race and it mucked the trails all up. I found gel packs, water bottles, and even a turd. To top it off they came through and "groomed" the trail and now it is all eroded to hell.

Races are taxing on any enviroment.

And as stated earlier. Who cares about France.
    Negative Reps Please.

Soy Loco

mtbr member
    Last MTB race had gel wrappers all over the course. I don't like that attitude either.

I ride bikes. I'm a cyclist. I own a few road bikes a mountain bike, BMX, tourer, tall bike, track. Bikes; some people that ride 'em are arrogant pricks some are super awesome people. But they are both equally distributed throughout all forms of cycling. Sheesh. Can we get over ourselves already?

humber river advocate
    i think it's the french...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CM_lXwJpZCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Running is dirty too, they just throw their stuff all over the place.

humber river advocate
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9V7zbWNznbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    And how about those damn smokers.....opps, wrong thread.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I Mountain bike most of the time, but use to
    only road ride. I still have 4 road bikes. Also
    I never litter. My wife is one of those people
    that is always out picking up trash around the
    neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck View Post
    Double standard much?
    It's interesting to see the "us vs. them" attitude against roadies. They're cyclists too, people. I'm not saying there are no dykhead cyclists on the road, but I know a few that ride mtbs too.
    HEY GUYS, IM JUST ''TAKIN THE PISS'' WITH THIS THREAD, this is no us v them stuff, im just havin a bit of fun, of course Cadel throws stuff around, i dont mind the roadies at all, its all good fun, cheers

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    HEY GUYS, IM JUST ''TAKIN THE PISS'' WITH THIS THREAD, this is no us v them stuff, im just havin a bit of fun, of course Cadel throws stuff around, i dont mind the roadies at all, its all good fun, cheers
    It's such an overdone topic that we don't really appreciate all these "damn/stupid/other negative roadies" threads.

(Also, I own and ride two road bikes. They get nearly all of the riding this time of year because all the "mountain biking" around my house sucks donkey balls.)
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Certainly didn't come across that way. I know you've anointed yourself as the new MTBR jokester, but there's a history of these kind of posts looooong before you showed up and it gets really stale.

I'll set my sarcasometer on high from now on when I read your posts.

Certainly didn't come across that way. I know you've anointed yourself as the new MTBR jokester, but there's a history of these kind of posts looooong before you showed up and it gets really stale.

I'll set my sarcasometer on high from now on when I read your posts.
    Mate i havnt ''anointed'' myself as anything, i love to have a laugh n a joke, its very much in my nature, its entertaining myself and hoping to always lighten a situation up, if you want to anoint me as the new MTBR jokester, fine, but i think you could anoint one thats actually funny, im just a nobody mate.....
    i flick on to this place late at night cause i love bikes, i find alot of great n interesting stuff about them n others that have the same passion, and i love to joke around in whatever im doing........but i can tell you i'll never have a joke about roadies again after this blog

how can you say it wasnt a sarcastic blog, dead set what do you think guys in the tour should do with their water bottles etc, what do you think that i really meant ''poor cadel'' this blog was as dry n sarcastic as you could write.......

im at a total loss that some could have taken this thread serious n got offended by it, it was n is a pure piss take, and from now on i suppose im going to be very carefull of what i say in this place, cheers n no offence intended to anybody........

mtbr member
    Mate i havnt ''anointed'' myself as anything, i love to have a laugh n a joke, its very much in my nature, its entertaining myself and hoping to always lighten a situation up, if you want to anoint me as the new MTBR jokester, fine, but i think you could anoint one thats actually funny, im just a nobody mate.....
    i flick on to this place late at night cause i love bikes, i find alot of great n interesting stuff about them n others that have the same passion, and i love to joke around in whatever im doing........but i can tell you i'll never have a joke about roadies again after this blog

how can you say it wasnt a sarcastic blog, dead set what do you think guys in the tour should do with their water bottles etc, what do you think that i really meant ''poor cadel'' this blog was as dry n sarcastic as you could write.......

im at a total loss that some could have taken this thread serious n got offended by it, it was n is a pure piss take, and from now on i suppose im going to be very carefull of what i say in this place, cheers n no offence intended to anybody........
    You're a breath of fresh air round here. Don't let the septics grind you down.

Double standard much?
    '' So even though Cadal ''litters' too hes alright because he's an aussie ? double standard much?

well F**K ME, that'll do me.....how could you really think i was being serious here mate, i realise you think some of us aussies are stupid, and a few of us are, but give your self an uppercut or 5 champ.......

''its interesting to see the us v them attitude against roadies, they're cyclists too'......

oh my god, god help me, lighten up a bit mate, really this **** leaves me speechless, really there is nothing else to say about this except no wonder roadies are viewed like they are by some, they are like the muslims of the bike world, say one thing about them in jest, and they want to get all precious n go after you.......f**k me....lighten up

mtbr member
    Excellent analogy. Roadies = Muslims. I love it!

Don't get too discouraged. Apparently the political correctness police are out this weekend. They don't allow anybody to laugh and have a good time.

Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    I mainly litter when on the road bike. I always crush my beer cans before I throw them out on the road or trail though.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Excellent analogy. Roadies = Muslims. I love it!

Don't get too discouraged. Apparently the political correctness police are out this weekend. They don't allow anybody to laugh and have a good time.

LOL, thanks mate, its guys like you n nuffink that make this place worth it
    and im glad you like my comparison that roadies are the muslims of the bike world, lol, im getting smashed for that on the old rep scene, but its worth it, i can see plenty of similarities with the two **** im gonna get hammered here for saying that by the political correct gang, but f**k it

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Is this the passion forum?

mtbr member
    I love it!!! Effin hilarious!!!

meow meow
    how about that drift down the hill last night? pretty crazy. too bad he lost it though.

mtbr member
    When you're a pro, it isn't litter any more ... it is a souvenir!
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

banned
    Jan 2012
    Only good thing from France is the Iluminati/Sillouette.
    I had a road bike, but i hated it, mtb and commuting all the way.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Phil Liggett commented in the first couple of stages this year that the Tour has people that follow the riders and pick up every piece of trash left behind from the race.

Now, those idiots who threw tacks on the road today causing all of those dangerous flats should be hanged.

Members who have read this thread: 0