better than I deserve

Help me choose a new bike.

Which bike should I buy? I really like several but which bike is the best one for me? I have not rode my new bike yet but I am looking forward to it.

REALLY?
    I dont know? What car should you buy? What TV should you buy? What type of health insurance should you buy (this reminds me of that opening little rant in the movie "Trainspotting"). lol

Your going to give up some more information if you want to get some help with this, like what kind of riding you'll be doing, how much your willing to spend, etc. You said you like serveral, then you go onto give the impression you might already have a "new" bike - sorry to say but, we arnt mind readers - what bikes do you like?
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    I dont know? What car should you buy? What TV should you buy? What type of health insurance should you buy (this reminds me of that opening little rant in the movie "Trainspotting"). lol

Your going to give up some more information if you want to get some help with this, like what kind of riding you'll be doing, how much your willing to spend, etc. You said you like serveral, then you go onto give the impression you might already have a "new" bike - sorry to say but, we arnt mind readers - what bikes do you like?

REALLY?
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

better than I deserve

I just got this new bike cheap but am looking for another lighter bike made of all USA parts.

mtbr member
    Buy the 29'er. Make sure it's a singlespeed rigid. You'll need full XX components to be even half-way competitive, and I suggest a RockShox SID XX fork, plus a Niner carbon fork. The more forks you have on the bike, the better it will handle and the more people will notice you. As far as a frame, I would look for carbon fiber. But remember, steel is real, so you'll need some of that on there. I think a carbon, titanium, steel frame would be the best for your needs. Nino Schurter also just won the WC on a 650b, so make sure that your bike is both a 29'er and a 650b, that way you can roll fast but also handle fast. Plus, the more wheels you have on your bike, the faster it will be and the more people will notice your butt. Make sure that you have a minimum of 2 derailleurs on both front and back, just in case your singlespeed option starts to smell funny. Finally, you'll need some brakes. Most people use disc brakes, but stopping is overrated, so you should just learn to rub your foot on your back tire when you want to slow down. That way, you also save a lot of weight.

I think that covers it. If you have any more questions, just ask. I'm a bike expert, and I probably know as much as like 40 people combined or something.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roblee View Post

I just got this new bike cheap but am looking for another lighter bike made of all USA parts.
    Nenbran is right. However, if you ride with a dog, make sure it is not listening to music while on the trail.

Booyah.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

If that bike is in the USA, then it's all USA parts now....enjoy your USA bike

You can get a big drill bit and drill holes all over it to make it lighter

better than I deserve

I do tail whips and table tops.If you had quality bike like mine you could learn stunts and tricks too.

poser Administrator

I do tail whips and table tops.If you had quality bike like mine you could learn stunts and tricks too.
    this is full of fail, if you really want me to believe you is should read like this"

Yo dawgs, this is my Jeep XT WRanglr bike, their the best at teh 3foot drops. I due gaps, drps and mad shred sesh on this. I dont no why you would spend more on a bike like $500 is to much to spend when you can by one at Walmart there like $199.

Check out my vids at pinkbike.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Fat-tired Roadie
    That bike's a good start.

But you'll be better if you get a pink one.

It should have an extra linkage in the linkage so you can do a tail whip while you do a tail whip.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch View Post
    That bike's a good start.

But you'll be better if you get a pink one.

It should have an extra linkage in the linkage so you can do a tail whip while you do a tail whip.
    Yo dawg...

REALLY?

Do you even know what a tail-whip is?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6U1kpmGBqFg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6U1kpmGBqFg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Believe me, you aint doin them on that bike you pictured...

Members who have read this thread: 0