Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5 - Page 24- Mtbr.com
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,800 of 5006
    The Boat or The Bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Great report from interbike. Don't take this personally, but for next round of pictures, let's have more demo girls...just saying

Opti- congratulations. as long as you are not under a noncompete clause and weren't under a contract, I think you are free and clear. That said, I wouldn't say much during the transition. As much as we would like to hear, this stuff can come back to haunt you.

Just move forward confidently knowing you made the correct decision.
    That was a noticeable difference from last year. There was a distinct shortage of "booth bunnies". And the ones there were, really were not worthy, by OCC standards and no where near So2 standards. We did see the MTBR founder, he was near the Pivot booth while we were there. 007 pointed him out. As I had never seen or met him before, I wouldn't have known any better. And from where I was, he looked a little Asian and you guys know those Asians all look alike!
    Live to Fish, now Love to Ride

live long and huck
    When I demo'd my Firebird I got it right from CC himself. In fact, it was a prototype that I demo'd. Bought one of the very first pre-production bikes, right from their hands to mine.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Well, today was my last day. I feel bad, they gave me a little send off and a nice gift. All I ever told them was I was tired and needed to leave, I neglected to mention the part about going to work for a customer and eventually stealing our work from them. Tell me guys, am I a dishonest and ruthless piece of sh!t?
    I'm reading a book right now, Opti, entitled:Nickel and Dimed, on not getting by in America. Barbara Ehrenreich, author.

I know you are not down there on the labor ladder, but you are still an employee, so I would encourage you to read that book and then see if you still feel bad about management.

Whatever the gift was, you deserved one 10 times bigger.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    Opti, Congrats on moving on, and IME don't sweat a non-compete clause. No company can actually prevent you from working in your field, going to a competitor, or becoming their new competition. Yeah, taking client's, and staff is frowned upon, so heyall's advice of laying low through the transition is good advice, they will learn soon enough of their error.
    This ^^^^

B&F thanks for the update of the boys in Da hood trip. I'm sure it's a bit overwhelming covering and seeing everything. Some great photos that I'm sure a few of which will go down in OC history. And we're all looking forward to some great video and photo coverage from all on the ride reports.

I couldn't help but notice a similarity.

Wizard of Oz Wicked a Witch of the West"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-image.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

live long and huck
    That similarity sends chills up my spine DJ.

When Hawg was over here riding with me, while climbing out in front of him, it almost sounded like he said, "I'll get you, my pretty."

Holy crap!! Had I not let him think that he was destroying me, by faking severe dehydration, major quad and calf cramps, exhaustion, and excruciating pain, I'd likely be a frog right now.

And we know how he likes frogs. Yikes!!!

Oh, he is so wicked!!

That similarity sends chills up my spine DJ.

When Hawg was over here riding with me, while climbing out in front of him, it almost sounded like he said, "I'll get you, my pretty."

Holy crap!! Had I not let him think that he was destroying me, by faking severe dehydration, major quad and calf cramps, exhaustion, and excruciating pain, I'd likely be a frog right now.

And we know how he likes frogs. Yikes!!!

Oh, he is so wicked!!
    ^^

Yes some us have to fake these things to make those others feel more superior.

Hey it's Saturday morning at 5:40 am why aren't you getting ready for a ride. I've got an excuse I'm working.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    ^^

Yes some us have to fake these things to make those others feel more superior.

Hey it's Saturday morning at 5:40 am why aren't you getting ready for a ride. I've got an excuse I'm working.
    I have to meet a guy at 7:00 to sell some of my take off Jeep parts, then picking up a lift gate truck to move my tool box. It's a beast. Tin bangers made it for me back when I worked at GM, it's heavy duty enough to pull all around behind an electric cart, I've pulled it over railroad tracks etc. 600lbs empty, it's a bytch to roll around the shop when it's full, and it is full of 20+ years of collecting shop shyt that I "might be able to use someday".

Gotta finish my fork on my Prime today, maybe take the Mrs for a ride. Probably ride tomorrow morning, maybe even this evening. Tomorrow is our 24th anniversary, had big plans, but the whole work thing changed all that.

Ride More, Work Less

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5

Opti, sounds like a good day is planned. My plans are to scrape the frost off the griddle so we can make breakfast.
    Attachment 923078
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

live long and huck
    Jeez, heyyall. Almost winter already.

Ride More, Work Less

Jeez, heyyall. Almost winter already.
    Yep. Seems early in the year but who knows. It did get down to 34 last night. I slept great last night with my down bag.

The Boat or The Bike?
    Early risers.
    Great WWW pic! Crazy similarity!
    I'm getting ready to drive across town to meet the OC Crew for a ride around Cottonwood. Going to be a long pedal, but should be fun!

Upcyclist
    ^ Sounds like fun, wish I was there!

Oh, BTW, great Interbike report, B&F! You'd make a great photojournalist!
    I'm not a robot

I have to meet a guy at 7:00 to sell some of my take off Jeep parts, then picking up a lift gate truck to move my tool box. It's a beast. Tin bangers made it for me back when I worked at GM, it's heavy duty enough to pull all around behind an electric cart, I've pulled it over railroad tracks etc. 600lbs empty, it's a bytch to roll around the shop when it's full, and it is full of 20+ years of collecting shop shyt that I "might be able to use someday".

Gotta finish my fork on my Prime today, maybe take the Mrs for a ride. Probably ride tomorrow morning, maybe even this evening. Tomorrow is our 24th anniversary, had big plans, but the whole work thing changed all that.
    Sounds like a full day to me. Cingrats on your anniversary as well.

Opti, sounds like a good day is planned. My plans are to scrape the frost off the griddle so we can make breakfast.
    I've got you beat Heyyall. On my way to work at 3:30 am it was 33 degrees. That's alright though because by noon today it will be 75. And on Sunday up to 85 degrees. Ya gotta love northern Colorado's weather every day is different. A 42 degree difference from morning until noon. Hello!

The Boat or The Bike?
    Sitting lonely at the trail head waiting for a friendly riding crew...

Ride More, Work Less

DJ you may have bested me on temp, but I've got a big ole pot of chili to make me feel better.
    Attachment 923119

I didn't do it
    DJ you may have bested me on temp, but I've got a big ole pot of chili to make me feel better.
    Attachment 923119
    That should take the chill off. Yummy!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Attachment 923119
    So you were serious with this ^^^ statement. Nice!

live long and huck
    Chili, the "other" breakfast.

There's simply nothing better than a nice bowl of chili while camping. Well, maybe one or two things.

No, chili is the best, the "other" things take a close second though.

Well it's 12:30 noon and as I said the day started out at 33 degrees and it's now 60 on it's way to 75. And tomorrow it's going to be 80.

Loveland, CO
    Saturday 12:00 PM
    Clear

59F | C
    Precipitation: 0%
    Humidity: 77%
    Wind: 0 mph

Sat

Sun

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

Sat

Sun

Mon

live long and huck
    Looks kinda cool and damp there DJ. You're really not that far from MN, take a drive up there, I'm sure heyyall has an extra bowl kicking around.

Looks kinda cool and damp there DJ. You're really not that far from MN, take a drive up there, I'm sure heyyall has an extra bowl kicking around.
    Well according to this well thought out map I'm closer to AZ [you] than MN [Heyyall]. How's the chili this morning in AZ.

live long and huck
    Well according to this well thought out map I'm closer to AZ [you] than MN [Heyyall]. How's the chili this morning in AZ.
    I could have it ready by the time you get here.

Sold my stuff, got my tool box, trying to decide between a nap, or go right to work on my bike. Gotta drain and clean the spa today too.

I could have it ready by the time you get here.

Sold my stuff, got my tool box, trying to decide between a nap, or go right to work on my bike. Gotta drain and clean the spa today too.
    Dude slow down you're starting a new job it's time to relax in between. Besides your making the rest of us look bad.

live long and huck
    Dude slow down you're starting a new job it's time to relax in between. Besides your making the rest of us look bad.
    Ok, a nap it is.

Ride More, Work Less

Chili, the "other" breakfast.

There's simply nothing better than a nice bowl of chili while camping. Well, maybe one or two things.

No, chili is the best, the "other" things take a close second though.

It was actually for lunch but we started it early since we were doing a service project. They built Tom Sawyer's raft for a history day.

Attachment 923147

They decided they needed dessert.

Attachment 923148

Attachment 923149
    Attachment 923150

see me rollin, they hatin
    working on some bike vids. i've decided to spare you all the horror of seeing Dirtdawg's full frontal floppy dong appearance as i rode around the corner and he was taking a piss.
    fap

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB View Post
    working on some bike vids. i've decided to spare you all the horror of seeing Dirtdawg's full frontal floppy dong appearance as i rode around the corner and he was taking a piss.
    Nicky I think I can speak for the majority of us and say thank-you for sparing us that horror flick.

Heyyall looks like everyone's having a great time.

banned
    Sep 2012
    I'd take some cool weather right now, it's a scorcher here in So Cal. There's a fire burning in our local mountains too, bummer.

This is a view of it when it started from my office:
    Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-image.jpg

The chili looks good, heyyall. I always make chili before we go camping and freeze it in ziplocks to use as ice packs in the ice chest then cook it up throughout the trip.

Got a picture of the new garage with a couple of the lights on. I need to check the 'Lite Beer' sign to see if it works but the Texaco sign on the left also lights up and works.

This is my dream garage! Very excited to get all my bike tools etc moved in next weekend.

Time for a beer, moving sucks!

live long and huck
    I am envious, GS. I love your garage.

You probably look pretty hot in a tight pair of shorts too, I bet. Some guys just have it all.

live long and huck
    Very nice contribution heyyall, both to this thread, and to society. Good work with the scouts.

The Boat or The Bike?

Re: Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5

Okay, a few of the OCC met up for a ride around the Cottonwood Valley in Las Vegas. I'm still alive, but felt mostly dead at least half the ride because of the brutal Dead Horse Climb. And we may have done a little extra credit, just for fun. The rude ended up being 25.7 miles, 3:30 moving time, over 4 hours total time. 2655 elevation gain, 7.3 mph average speed (for me- Asian who hates uphill) My legs were like butter half way up the big climb, I was just not with it.

Once we headed back down, we got some good flow and chunk and it was a little easier on the legs pedaling... But still good fun to see and ride with silly OC members- 007, Hawg & Almost Zero...

Stopped for a photo opp at "the tree" on Rubber ducky trail.

Me playing follow the leader climbing Dead Horse.

Washed out trail along the way. There were a number of trails that were really thrashed.

live long and huck
    Very nice B&F and gang. I'm gettin' the itch, I can feel a ride comin' on.

The Boat or The Bike?
    Wow guys, crazy temps from this morning.

GS, sweet garage! It's huge! Not like my package...

All good stuff today guys. I'm ded, but wanting some chilli now for some reason.

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike&Fish View Post
    Wow guys, crazy temps from this morning.

GS, sweet garage! It's huge! Not like my package...

All good stuff today guys. I'm ded, but wanting some chilli now for some reason.
    Not that far to MN, heyyall probably has some left.

let me preface this with this being the trail that nearly had me in tears a few months ago when i rode it at around 10 pm, on my little XC hardtail with a barely functioning front brake and narrow tires. Groton MA has some of the hardest trails in my area, in my opinion. built by total maniacs who love gnar. Anyway, this egg scrambler is fun, but you can see why i had my frustrations

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X2sj3jFSr4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    fap

Ho'lier than thou
    Tell me guys, am I a dishonest and ruthless piece of sh!t?
    You worked your arse off and made yourself very valuable. You've earned the right to be a ruthless POS

It was actually for lunch but we started it early since we were doing a service project. They built Tom Sawyer's raft for a history day.
    The raft is neat. Is it just for display, or are you guys going to try it on water?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    This is my dream garage! Very excited to get all my bike tools etc moved in next weekend.
    Nice. I'm jealous. What's under the cover?

You guys just moved in and your garage is already 1,000,000 times more organized than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike&Fish View Post
    ...2655 elevation gain, 7.3 mph average speed (for me- Asian who hates uphill)
    AmbassadorRoadie was asking me if I'll be home this weekend and now I see why. Kinda bummed missing demo rides and booth babes, but then looking at the elevation gain, maybe not so bummed.

I started driving in Rawlins, WY this morning. I was hoping to make it to Reno but I ran out of hours of service so I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere in Nevada. This stinks, but at least I have internet connection.

My truck hit 777,777 miles the other day. I had to stop and take a pic. Was planning on resetting the trip meter at 770,000 but I missed it, and missed it again at 777,000. Oh well.

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-777777.jpg

live long and huck
    Katz, how many of those miles are yours? Is your yearly average pretty random?

banned
    Sep 2012
    Katz - That is my grandfathers 1940something hot rod. I will uncover it and take a pic tomorrow when we move more stuff over there.

I didn't do it
    let me preface this with this being the trail that nearly had me in tears a few months ago when i rode it at around 10 pm, on my little XC hardtail with a barely functioning front brake and narrow tires. Groton MA has some of the hardest trails in my area, in my opinion. built by total maniacs who love gnar. Anyway, this egg scrambler is fun, but you can see why i had my frustrations

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X2sj3jFSr4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    That looks like a difficult but fun trail. Good work for staying with it. I'm happy to see that Riley was never far - it can get a little frustrating to become separated.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

live long and huck
    Very nice video Nicole. You two did an excellent job. My Prime on 2.5's eats that kinda shyt for a snack, but there were quite a few places in your video that even on vid looked pretty damn tough. I think I could have gotten humbled on that one. Again, very nice riding.

Nicky nice riding and a fun looking trail.

Opti your Prime with the 2.5's would turn and run once it saw all that moisture.

Gordon sweet garage I'm liking all those signs. Where did you aquire those.

B&F thanks for another update on the trip.

Kats sorry to hear your stuck out in the boonies but at least you're connected.

Ho'lier than thou
    I can't believe you guys even think about riding a trail like that at night! The rock pile @5:24 looks really tough.

Katz, how many of those miles are yours? Is your yearly average pretty random?
    Just shy of 400k. The truck had 381,200-ish when I bought it.

I drive about 90k miles a year. I probably drove a little more the first two years as I wanted to pay it off ASAP.

Katz - That is my grandfathers 1940something hot rod. I will uncover it and take a pic tomorrow when we move more stuff over there.
    Cool. Thanks!

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    I started driving in Rawlins, WY this morning. I was hoping to make it to Reno but I ran out of hours of service so I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere in Nevada. This stinks, but at least I have internet connection.
    That doesn't sound like a good time in my book, Katz. What would we ever do without the internet?

Just out of curiosity, would you happen to be near any brothels?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

live long and huck
    Opti your Prime with the 2.5's would turn and run once it saw all that moisture.
    What is this "moisture" that you speak of??

live long and huck
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    That doesn't sound like a good time in my book, Katz. What would we ever do without the internet?

www.mobilemuff.com, delivered in 30 minutes or less, any location, any time.

Ho'lier than thou

There's one about 30 miles away in the town of Winnemucca. I thought about stopping by, but I decided to give a couple hundred dollars to my buddy's kid as a wedding gift so my right hand will have to do this time.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE
    Pervs

Ho'lier than thou
    I was hoping the link would actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE
    Pervs

Upcyclist
    Or anywhere near here, or a girl named Arlene?

I'm not a robot

Ho'lier than thou
    Kats sorry to hear your stuck out in the boonies but at least you're connected.
    Thanks, but it's OK. I'm used to it.

There's a little casino inside the truck stop so I'll go play some slots later and get some free beer.

I didn't do it
    Oh dang, the linky didn't work. I must say the business plan is nothing short of brilliant! I'd like a piece of that action.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    There's one about 30 miles away in the town of Winnemucca. I thought about stopping by, but I decided to give a couple hundred dollars to my buddy's kid as a wedding gift so my right hand will have to do this time.

There's a little casino inside the truck stop so I'll go play some slots later and get some free beer.
    Katz, I really appreciate your pragmatic, can do approach to things.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Opti I meant your bike is used to dry desert conditions. That NE New Hampshire moisture filled dirt may freak your bike out.

Some stoke for ya all..
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NZwwOJVD8MYZ

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post

Bwahaha, this is news that Katz can use!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Ho'lier than thou

Nice find

Katz, I really appreciate your pragmatic, can do approach to things.
    Thanks

I didn't do it
    Opti I meant your bike is used to dry desert conditions. That NE New Hampshire moisture filled dirt may freak your bike out.
    I think that's why he was inquiring about this moisture that you speak of.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Thanks, but it's OK. I'm used to it.

Well at least you're near "some" civilization.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Gordon sweet garage I'm liking all those signs. Where did you aquire those.
    Thanks, very greatful to have it. My family builds and remodels gas stations so we have all kinds of "swag" from petroleum companies. My first job was digging holes and fitting pipes for my dad's company (I was 14).

live long and huck
    Sorry about the prototype link, just a little feasibility study. The initial interest was quite astounding, we will now go ahead with the business launch. I envision within 1 year a whoretogo within 30 minutes of any location in the United States. Never again will you need fly solo as long as you have $50 in your pocket, prepaid money cards also accepted.

I didn't do it
    Sorry about the prototype link, just a little feasibility study. The initial interest was quite astounding, we will now go ahead with the business launch. I envision within 1 year a whoretogo within 30 minutes of any location in the United States. Never again will you need fly solo as long as you have $50 in your pocket, prepaid money cards also accepted.
    Yes, now that the initial feasibility study has been completed its time to get this thing off the ground. Better get lots of bandwidth for this.

Companions R Us...
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Thanks, very greatful to have it. My family builds and remodels gas stations so we have all kinds of "swag" from petroleum companies. My first job was digging holes and fitting pipes for my dad's company (I was 14).
    That's an interesting back story. Those are some cool signs that you have.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Lucky you.

live long and huck
    Family still does it GS? Do you take part in it?

moist dirt is awesome and sticky. Moist bridges and roots and rocks kill you.

i've ridden that trail maybe 4 times...twice being with helmet lights. I had to dab and scoot a few times for sure, and i'm sure if i was as crazy and good as riley, i'd have even more fun. it's just one of those trails it really helps to know whats over and behind every rock...and i dont.
    This whole area is similar and rocky like that, it has beat up my ass for sure. I didnt feel like making a huge vid edit tho.
    fap

The Boat or The Bike?
    Still need to watch Nic's vid. It won't play on my tablet for some reason.

Cruising down one trail Jon drifted right and clipped his leg on a cactus. I saw him hit it, so I veered left and stuck my left hand in the cactus on the left. It felt like I stuck a needle in my hand, checked but didn't see one. After getting home and showering, I noticed that I actually do have a needle in there. It's stuck under the skin, it's going to be a b!tcH getting it out... I know it's a little pu$$y whiney, but hey, what else do I have to do tonight?

I didn't do it
    @Nic For sure, knowing what's on the other side of obstacles really helps with getting through them. That trail in the dark? Now that's impressive.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

banned
    Sep 2010
    moist dirt is awesome and sticky. Moist bridges and roots and rocks kill you.

i've ridden that trail maybe 4 times...twice being with helmet lights. I had to dab and scoot a few times for sure, and i'm sure if i was as crazy and good as riley, i'd have even more fun. it's just one of those trails it really helps to know whats over and behind every rock...and i dont.
    This whole area is similar and rocky like that, it has beat up my ass for sure. I didnt feel like making a huge vid edit tho.
    You rode that trail quite well, Nic, I doubt I could have done it any better.

My Joker is built with a trail like that in mind.....too bad we don't really have any like that here in SD.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Family still does it GS? Do you take part in it?
    My grandfather still works mon-fri running the company and is very sharp for being 81 years old. My dad sold the company to him years ago and became an independent contractor and is now working with my grandfather on builds. In fact they are building a gas station 7-11 combo up in Sacramento right now and my dad is staying up there during the project. That is just one of maybe 5 gas stations that they are currently building/remodeling.

I am not in the business. I worked for them during high school and part of college but did not want to work with family. I work in finance for an investment firm and have been at the same company for over 9 years since graduating college, working my way up the ranks. Sometimes I wish I was working with them though because the stress at my job is pretty high but the grass is always greener on the other side.

Gordon much respect. There's not many offspring of families in successful businesses that opt out rather than riding the coat tail of those that built up the business. It sounds like a fun lucrative business though but its best to follow your heart and instincts.

live long and huck
    My grandfather still works mon-fri running the company and is very sharp for being 81 years old. My dad sold the company to him years ago and became an independent contractor and is now working with my grandfather on builds. In fact they are building a gas station 7-11 combo up in Sacramento right now and my dad is staying up there during the project. That is just one of maybe 5 gas stations that they are currently building/remodeling.

I am not in the business. I worked for them during high school and part of college but did not want to work with family. I work in finance for an investment firm and have been at the same company for over 9 years since graduating college, working my way up the ranks. Sometimes I wish I was working with them though because the stress at my job is pretty high but the grass is always greener on the other side.
    Very nice, GS. I always wondered about a life in finance, I'm really good with numbers and recognizing patterns etc, and I love researching things, almost like a hobby to me.

banned
    Sep 2010

There's always money to be made in making/building things, GS, but everybody knows that these days, the REAL money is in making money, AKA, finance.

NOW I know why you have such a nice garage!

Anybody ride this morning and care to share. I missed the boat and I need a ride fix via someone else's video.

Ride More, Work Less

Anybody ride this morning and care to share. I missed the boat and I need a ride fix via someone else's video.
    Not yet. Hopefully I will a chance later. It is a beautiful day here and I feel these days are numbered.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Too hot and I am still on hiatus for at least another week until I get moved and unpacked. I haven't ridden in over 3 weeks and that seems like an eternity to me now. When I first got back into riding in 2012 it was common for me to go 3 weeks between rides but these days I am too addicted!

Hopefully some of you get/got out today.

banned
    Sep 2010
    I was invited to participate in a roadie ride from a bike shop in Point Loma east to lakeside and back. Considering that the 8am start time means that it would be over 90 by the time we got to Santee, I politely declined.

My one riding buddy did that ride 2 weeks ago, with the same shop group, and since it didn't kill him, he is assuming he's a better man for it.

Needless to say, I have my doubts.

With any luck, I'll truck the Joker up to the W. end of LPQ preserve around sunset for a set of laps around the 3.5 mile loop I've found there that has a lot of 'social' single track. The coastal breeze almost always keeps things just slightly hot, and 5 laps makes for a moderate to good workout, especially on the Joker.

BTW, DJ, I'm pretty sure these particular social trails I'm referring to did not exist when you frequented America's Finest City. They exist as a spontaneous, grass-roots-populist, citizen-trail-user response to the heavy-handed closure of all that sweet Del Mar Mesa single-track, once known as the "Tunnels" trail system. That was in the golden good old days of trail access in San Diego, before the City and the Countys' karma caught up to and ran over their 'Lassaiz-faire' dogma/policy toward the big developer's obligation to provide 'mitigation' land in return for getting every one of their development proposals rubber-stamped.

As you know, it's now trail access that's getting stamped....out. You got out at the right time, DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    With any luck, I'll truck the Joker up to the W. end of LPQ preserve around sunset for a set of laps around the 3.5 mile loop I've found there that has a lot of 'social' single track. The coastal breeze almost always keeps things just slightly hot, and 5 laps makes for a moderate to good workout, especially on the Joker.

BTW, DJ, I'm pretty sure these particular social trails I'm referring to did not exist when you frequented America's Finest City. They exist as a spontaneous, grass-roots-populist, citizen-trail-user response to the heavy-handed closure of all that sweet Del Mar Mesa single-track, once known as the "Tunnels" trail system. That was in the golden good old days of trail access in San Diego, before the City and the Countys' karma caught up to and ran over their 'Lassaiz-faire' dogma/policy toward the big developer's obligation to provide 'mitigation' land in return for getting every one of their development proposals rubber-stamped.

As you know, it's now trail access that's getting stamped....out. You got out at the right time, DJ.
    Yes so I've heard.
    And the trails you are referring to out of PQ I'm not sure if they were there 2 years ago when I left. I lived for a number of years in Rancho Bernardo which borders PQ but I never ventured onto any of PQ's trails. I always hit up Lake Hodges as a local ride. Besides it sounds like you're better off I heard it's well over 100 degrees on the outer edges of San Diego today.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Yes so I've heard.
    And the trails you are referring to out of PQ I'm not sure if they were there 2 years ago when I left. I lived for a number of years in Rancho Bernardo which borders PQ but I never ventured onto any of PQ's trails. I always hit up Lake Hodges as a local ride. Besides it sounds like you're better off I heard it's well over 100 degrees on the outer edges of San Diego today.
    These trails are at the VERY west end, and on the hillside of the north slope of the canyon. 2 years ago, they were there in rudimentary, deer-trail form, but gnomes have bench cut them for of of their relatively short length and so there is very little off-camber now.

Un-marked, uns-signed, and I think the ranger is her wisdom is un-oficially tossing the trail users a bone there. Otherwise the 'trail' in that part of the canyon is a graded 15' foot wide utility truck road.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Great contributions everyone. No way I can comment on everything that has gone on in here the past few days while I "was away".

I do have to say something to Nic for the 144,562nd time...Please open a PinkBike account and upload your riding vids through them. Youtube is destroying the videos you are sharing with us.

Login to Pinkbike.com

One last thing to B&F...It's "PerfectZero", not "Almost Zero".
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

TOP TIER LURKER
    OK, so everyone has seen the Interbike reports and pics. The show was a lot of fun and it was HUGE. I was a little bummed that Kona bikes and Specialized weren't there, though. Aside from several items of swag, I purchased 6 or 7 pairs of riding socks.

While in Nevada, I went on 3 rides. The first 2 were on 007's local ride and it's a really fun one. The trail system zig-zags all around some short hills. Dropping in and climbing out of washes and gullies. Lots of really cool steps to go up and over or roll down. We did two night rides there. On Saturday, we met B&F out at Blue Diamond to ride Cottonwood, as he mentioned earlier. Sadly, I barely slept at all the night before so I was feeling horrible and I really shouldn't even have ridden. That was a really hard ride, with lots and lots of gradual but prolonged climbing in the 4000'-5000' elevation range. Seemed like we were always going UP. The entire trail system is trashed from the heavy rains they've had there this Summer. That made the ride even harder.

My Garmin unit has just bit the dust. The battery is fully charged but it is DEAD now. My Contour is trashed also. These cameras just can't handle all the jittering trail riding creates. Something inside starts to rattle loose and then slowly, the quality goes down hill. I guess I am now shopping for a new GPS unit and a new recording camera.

Heyyall will tell me that this is an opportunity to jump on the STRAVA band wagon and use a smart phone instead of a GPS unit. I know, I know...

One of the highlights of the visit was the Rockvault show we attended last night on the Strip. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is visiting Las Vegas. It was so good that I didn't want it to end.

Raiding The Rock Vault | Shows Nightly at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino (formerly LVH – Las Vegas Hotel)

Anyway, here is a clip from Bears Best Trail in Summerlin, NV. 007, PerfectZero, and myself rode this in the early evening and finished well after dark on the 2nd ride of the trip. This is my kind of trail. Nothing too gnarly but persistent little obsticles to overcome.

<iframe width='500' height='281' src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/embed/379132/?colors=c80000' allowfullscreen frameborder='0'></iframe>

Upcyclist
    Welcome back, Hawg!

I got out for a 5 mile lap at the local trails. Diggin' the carbon bars, the only problem is now I need another one for my other bike.

Other than a couple tubes with removable valves, this one's done!

I'm not a robot

Ho'lier than thou
    Quote Originally Posted by AmbassadorRoadie View Post
    I do have to say something to Nic for the 144,562nd time...Please open a PinkBike account and upload your riding vids through them. Youtube is destroying the videos you are sharing with us.

Login to Pinkbike.com
    Cut her some slack. Fulio and I had to tell you 144,572 times before you got convinced to open your PB account

Your post from Oct 1, 2013.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Pink Bike, Pink Bike, what is this Pink Bike thing??? I like certain things pink but not anything on a bike!

P.S. You look fabulous on that fat trike.

TOP TIER LURKER
    ^ Nice saddle Korn!!!

TOP TIER LURKER
    Cut her some slack. Fulio and I had to tell you 144,572 times before you got convinced to open your PB account

Your post from Oct 1, 2013.

P.S. You look fabulous on that fat trike.
    True, and I did move forward and open an account.

Ho'lier than thou
    ^Indeed you did, and I thank you.

I wish I could have come home a week early and go to Interbike, but I had to make money to pay for new tires for my Phord truck and a roll-off dumpster.

TOP TIER LURKER
    ^Indeed you did, and I thank you.

I wish I could have come home a week early and go to Interbike, but I had to make money to pay for new tires for my Phord truck and a roll-off dumpster.
    Completely understandable.

What would you have demoed?

When you do get home, please do a ride through MG to survey the flood damage if there is any. We need to know what we are up against before we meet up next month to roll through there.

Upcyclist
    ^ Nice saddle Korn!!!
    Thanks

That evening ride looked like a lot of fun! That's near Vegas, right?
    I'm not a robot

Ho'lier than thou
    What would you have demoed?
    Not really in market for a new bike so I have nothing particular in mind. Maybe try bikes with different suspensions, DW, VPP, etc and see if they feel noticeably better than the simple single pivot bike I've been riding (which I really don't have complaints other than it 'locks up' from chain pull while climbing babyheads). Also like to try a bike with Sram's 1x11.

I'm pretty sure there's plenty of flood damage at MG. I understand some parts of I-15 got washed away from the latest round of monsoon. I'll go home towards the end of next week.

I Ride Bikes
    I don't get to ride a lot these days, but when I do, I wear my Off Camber Crew jersey.

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-10612977_10202542029181484_5312250283614299557_n.jpg
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

^ Nice saddle Korn!!!
    Almost as good as Kettle Corn.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Thanks

That evening ride looked like a lot of fun! That's near Vegas, right?
    Yes, in Summerlin.

Upcyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    I don't get to ride a lot these days, but when I do, I wear my Off Camber Crew jersey.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10612977_10202542029181484_5312250283614299557_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	923485
    Aloha, Maz! You guys still cleaning up that mess out there?
    I'm not a robot

I didn't do it
    OK, so everyone has seen the Interbike reports and pics. The show was a lot of fun and it was HUGE. I was a little bummed that Kona bikes and Specialized weren't there, though. Aside from several items of swag, I purchased 6 or 7 pairs of riding socks.

While in Nevada, I went on 3 rides. The first 2 were on 007's local ride and it's a really fun one. The trail system zig-zags all around some short hills. Dropping in and climbing out of washes and gullies. Lots of really cool steps to go up and over or roll down. We did two night rides there. On Saturday, we met B&F out at Blue Diamond to ride Cottonwood, as he mentioned earlier. Sadly, I barely slept at all the night before so I was feeling horrible and I really shouldn't even have ridden. That was a really hard ride, with lots and lots of gradual but prolonged climbing in the 4000'-5000' elevation range. Seemed like we were always going UP. The entire trail system is trashed from the heavy rains they've had there this Summer. That made the ride even harder.

One of the highlights of the visit was the Rockvault show we attended last night on the Strip. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is visiting Las Vegas. It was so good that I didn't want it to end.

Raiding The Rock Vault | Shows Nightly at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino (formerly LVH – Las Vegas Hotel)

Anyway, here is a clip from Bears Best Trail in Summerlin, NV. 007, PerfectZero, and myself rode this in the early evening and finished well after dark on the 2nd ride of the trip. This is my kind of trail. Nothing too gnarly but persistent little obsticles to overcome.

<iframe width='500' height='281' src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/embed/379132/?colors=c80000' allowfullscreen frameborder='0'></iframe>
    The Interbike updates have been great, thanks to all you guys for keeping us up to speed.

That's a real nice looking trail that y'all were riding on. The twilight makes it look like you were beating the heat. The Vegas lights in the background are a cool backdrop.

Welcome back to the real world!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I didn't do it
    Welcome back, Hawg!

I got out for a 5 mile lap at the local trails. Diggin' the carbon bars, the only problem is now I need another one for my other bike.

Other than a couple tubes with removable valves, this one's done!

Sweet ride Corn.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

TOP TIER LURKER
    Here's some pics from riding, from the show, and from a park near B&F's area.

The riding pics are a few from the Red Rock Canyon area at just about the highest elevation point of our ride yesterday.

At the show, I liked this FS fatty. Also, you can see that B&F is trying to steal this wooden roller. The close up of the wheel is basically a one piece CF wheel. I was also taken by the generated cargo fatty. That thing must have some serious grunt. You can also see a flock/herd/group of Bighorn down in a park near B&F's house. He suggested that I drive down there to check them out after I had a short visit with him. He said they come down there most every day to munch on grass. It was really cool to be up close and personal with them. That is Lake Mead (or what's left of it) in the background where the sheep are feeding.

I would also like to give credit to B&F who was gracious enough to drive tour me through Bootleg Canyon. We didn't have enough time to ride that day so we just drove up and took a look. Very rugged up there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3356.jpg  

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3358.jpg  

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3359.jpg  

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3360.jpg  

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3361.jpg  

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3334.jpg  

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3352.jpg  

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3336.jpg  

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3355.jpg  

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-dscn3332.jpg  

Upcyclist
    Sweet ride Corn.
    Thanks, Mookster! It turned out pretty good thanks to help from the OC! Not bad for around $375! I thought about a new wheelset, but that can wait till I come up on some 'extra' $$$.

Nice reporting, Hawg and B&F! Now I really want to become a desert rat like Katz
    I'm not a robot

I didn't do it
    Thanks, Mookster! It turned out pretty good thanks to help from the OC! Not bad for around $375! I thought about a new wheelset, but that can wait till I come up on some 'extra' $$$.

Nice reporting, Hawg and B&F! Now I really want to become a desert rat like Katz
    Cool that you're in under $400. That looks like a fun little ride you got there. I'm hoping to build up an inexpensive ride one of these days. No pressure, just buy stuff as I see it on sale and put the bike together at my leisure.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Upcyclist
    Almost as good as Kettle Corn.
    That used to be Pizza Butt's saddle. I haven't looked at my ass lately...hopefully I didn't catch it

Cool that you're in under $400. That looks like a fun little ride you got there. I'm hoping to build up an inexpensive ride one of these days. No pressure, just buy stuff as I see it on sale and put the bike together at my leisure.
    Keep checking Craigslist. The best deals can be found mid-winter.

I forgot a few things so it might be closer to the $450 mark, still pretty cheap. I'm getting ready to tackle suspension maintenance on the other bike, it's nice to know I'll have a bike to ride.
    I'm not a robot

Ho'lier than thou
    You can rent an acre of my property for $200/month. If you sign a one-year lease now, I will shovel the snow on your parcel in winter time free of charge!

I didn't do it
    Keep checking Craigslist. The best deals can be found mid-winter.

I forgot a few things so it might be closer to the $450 mark, still pretty cheap. I'm getting ready to tackle suspension maintenance on the other bike, it's nice to know I'll have a bike to ride.
    That's part of the fun, keeping an eye out for good deals then pouncing. I'm really looking forward to doing something like this. $450 is still a nice but inexpensive bike.

Nicely done on going for the suspension maintenance. Now you're really talkin'.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Corn: Love the final build if that bike. Very nice!

Hawg: Nice write up and low down on your trip. That video was pretty awesome with the daylight disappearing and the city lights in the background. It looks like a fun fast in some spots trail with like you said a constant flow of little obstacles to overcome. Also your photos above tell of a great couple days of fun with some good hospitality from some of our own.

Perhaps you missed the comparison photo of you and the wicked witch of the west photo. I couldn't resist the similarity between your two poses. Here it is again for posterity sake and in case you missed the first go around.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4kiXh8YOzk

TOP TIER LURKER
    You can rent an acre of my property for $200/month. If you sign a one-year lease now, I will shovel the snow on your parcel in winter time free of charge!
    I'll rent an acre for $200/month if you'll include water, cable, electricity, gas, and a foundation attached shed with a toilet with running water and plumbing. That's all I need from you.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Hawg and B&F, nice reporting....Korn, nice new ride!
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

TOP TIER LURKER
    Corn: Love the final build if that bike. Very nice!

Hawg: Nice write up and low down on your trip. That video was pretty awesome with the daylight disappearing and the city lights in the background. It looks like a fun fast in some spots trail with like you said a constant flow of little obstacles to overcome. Also your photos above tell of a great couple days of fun with some good hospitality from some of our own.

Perhaps you missed the comparison photo of you and the wicked witch of the west photo. I couldn't resist the similarity between your two poses. Here it is again for posterity sake and in case you missed the first go around.
    Oh, I didn't miss it. Nope

You've finally uncovered my true self. Wicked Lord Hawg, at your service...

Oh, I didn't miss it. Nope

You've finally uncovered my true self. Wicked Lord Hawg, at your service...
    Funny thing is when I look at that photo all I hear is......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4kiXh8YOzk

uploading a wild weasel dirt dawg short clip of 'Nam the other day.
    Doing his jumpy thang.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x09hyZMaQ_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    fap

Nicole sweet vid.!
    Was that DirtDawg riding?

uh, no, it was ME!

I wish.
    fap

Ho'lier than thou
    I'll rent an acre for $200/month if you'll include water, cable, electricity, gas, and a foundation attached shed with a toilet with running water and plumbing. That's all I need from you.
    I can give you that deal, provided that you operate a brothel and I get 10% of gross revenue.

Perves

uh, no, it was ME!

I wish.
    I don't think you'd want hairy arms and large hands would you.

Upcyclist
    As long as I can build a pump track...and an underground bunker I could live in! Hawg can ride the track in trade for use of his utilities once in a while.
    I'm not a robot

TOP TIER LURKER
    I can give you that deal, provided that you operate a brothel and I get 10% of gross revenue.
    If you will help to locate and cycle through different females periodically, I'm ready to draw up a contract with you.

Perves

I didn't do it
    I'd like to submit my application for the job of executive in charge of talent acquisition.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I'd like to submit my application for the job of executive in charge of talent acquisition.
    Oh Jeeze!

Perves

I didn't do it
    Oh Jeeze!

Perves
    I'm well qualified for this position. I'll provide references upon request.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I'm well qualified for this position. I'll provide references upon request.
    Take it to the board for review and to make it official.

I didn't do it
    Take it to the board for review and to make it official.
    If she's on the board then I'm on board with that.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Ho'lier than thou
    As long as I can build a pump track....
    Permission granted.

If you will help to locate and cycle through different females periodically, I'm ready to draw up a contract with you.
    That's your job. I need you to scout them in Socal as quality candidates are far and between in Kingman.

It only pays minimum wage, just so you know.

live long and huck
    Just back from a long day Jeepin' up in Payson. 24th anniversary today, took the Mrs for a little adventure. Damn near laid the Jeep on it's side. I now have a bite mark out of the drivers seat that matches the ones out of my saddles.

The Boat or The Bike?
    Great contributions everyone. No way I can comment on everything that has gone on in here the past few days while I "was away".

Login to Pinkbike.com

One last thing to B&F...It's "PerfectZero", not "Almost Zero".
    Haha, I knew it was PerfectZero. But you know I have a hard time going with "actual" names. I probably should have gone with "Saved By Zero"... And since I don't know him that well, I didn't want to get super agro. Seems like a good dude, especially for being that tall.

I didn't do it
    It only pays minimum wage, just so you know.
    I'm OK with this. I'm assuming there's a competitive benefits package included.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

The Boat or The Bike?
    Just back from a long day Jeepin' up in Payson. 24th anniversary today, took the Mrs for a little adventure. Damn near laid the Jeep on it's side. I now have a bite mark out of the drivers seat that matches the ones out of my saddles.
    AWESOME. That is why I really like AZ. You were only a couple hours away from whatever terrain and climate you want to be in... lots of diversity there.

9 lives
    Took a while to catch up on this thread! OMG great stuff.
    Great report and pics from Interbike
    Videos and bike pics from everyone!

Singlesprocket and I went to the bikepark today (DH runs were too wet). I'm riding SS's ht (mine is still being pieced together). After riding the pumptrack, jumpline and skinnies. We headed to the Polish festival nearby. We met some polka dancers. SS feasted on perogies and Polish sausage and I had a pickle on a stick ... it was the only thing vegan On the ride back we avoided the crowds and rode a laneway and sidestreets

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-10649954_564386413690371_7173808706763777412_n-1-.jpg

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-10649829_564388370356842_1492100868436861191_n.jpg

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-10671276_564387620356917_7312761626088136724_n.jpg

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-10659200_564390420356637_291206194158046921_n.jpg

Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-10245413_564391093689903_1632561129139516782_n.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

I didn't do it
    ^^What a great day cyclelicious!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Ho'lier than thou
    Congrats on your anniversary.

Time for exo cage on your Jeep?

... there's a competitive benefits package included.
    Of course there are "benefits", but probably not in a traditional sense. Personally I'd rather have those over good health insurance coverage and good IRA match, so I'd say they are very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Took a whie to catch up on this thread! OMG great stuff.
    Great report and pics from Interbike
    Videos and bike pics from everyone!

Singlesprocket and I went to the bikepark today (DH runs were too wet). I'm riding SS's ht (mine is still being pieced together). After riding the pumptrack, jumpline and skinnies. We headed to the Polish festival nearby. We met some polka dancers. SS feasted on perogies and Polish sausage and I had a pickle on a stick ... it was the only thing vegan On the ride back we avoided the crowds and rode a laneway and
    Sounds like a great adventure Judy & Chris. Your pickle and sausage is looking supreme.

A word of advice if you leave this thread for more than 3 day's set aside 6 hours to get caught up.

Just back from a long day Jeepin' up in Payson. *24th anniversary today, took the Mrs for a little adventure. *Damn near laid the Jeep on it's side. *I now have a bite mark out of the drivers seat that matches the ones out of my saddles.

Opti sounds like a good time on your anniversary except your bite marked seat of course. Congratulations again on that milestone you two have reached. Oh and more derails on the "almost" jeep tip over please.

I didn't do it
    Of course there are "benefits", but probably not in a traditional sense. Personally I'd rather have those over good health insurance coverage and good IRA match, so I'd say they are very competitive.
    Indeed. That's a very nice package.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

The Boat or The Bike?
    Sounds like a great adventure Judy & Chris. Your pickle and sausage is looking supreme.

A word of advice if you leave this thread for more than 3 day's set aside 6 hours to get caught up.

Opti sounds like a good time on your anniversary except your bite marked seat of course. Congratulations again on that milestone you two have reached. Oh and more derails on the "almost" jeep tip over please.
    Yeah, looks like a fun day! Now I want a sausage...

Indeed. That's a very nice package.
    For a minute there I thought you referring to the pickle and sausage photos.

Hooligan

I don't think you'd want hairy arms and large hands would you.
    C'mon, Im not THAT hairy...
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

I didn't do it
    Hey, congratulations! Leave it to an OCer to celebrate by going jeepin'.

Oh man, sounds like a close call there my friend.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    C'mon, Im not THAT hairy...
    I think I was referring to the male species in general.

Hooligan

uploading a wild weasel dirt dawg short clip of 'Nam the other day.
    Doing his jumpy thang.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x09hyZMaQ_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Thanks for sharing for me, im really bad about uploading my videos. Just never get around to editing them.
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

Hooligan

I love Vietnam, that first drop is my favorite. The go pro makes everything look flat (and has a terrible rattle, I can only watch my videos muted) but its about a 14 footer all said and done. Here's another angle

TOP TIER LURKER
    Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Opti!!!

live long and huck
    Have so much fun Off Camber here, tried a little off camber out in the middle of nowhere. We were already at a heavy left side tip, then I dropped the drivers front tire into a rut, very carefully, but still enough of a drop to get the right side tires off the ground. I think my ass biting into the seat was what got us back down, then I very, very gently finished rolling through the obstacle. I was sketched for a few minutes after. We were out looking for a new secluded camping spot, somewhere down off the rim for when it gets cooler. Found a real nice one way up in a canyon, barely any trail at all, no signs of any recent traffic.

live long and huck

Have so much fun Off Camber here, tried a little off camber out in the middle of nowhere. We were already at a heavy left side tip, then I dropped the drivers front tire into a rut, very carefully, but still enough of a drop to get the right side tires off the ground. I think my ass biting into the seat was what got us back down, then I very, very gently finished rolling through the obstacle. I was sketched for a few minutes after. We were out looking for a new secluded camping spot, somewhere down off the rim for when it gets cooler. Found a real nice one way up in a canyon, barely any trail at all, no signs of any recent traffic.
    Sweet!

I was just about to post a similar thought on that. But this ^^^^ pretty much covered it.
    2 Dawg

Upcyclist
    This thread just got way more awesomer

Good stuff, 'Licious, Sprocket, and DDawg

*Didn't mean to leave you out, Opti, Happy anniversary and TJ recovery
    I'm not a robot

I didn't do it
    ddawg, that air is awesome. I wish I could do that.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

I Ride Bikes
    Aloha, Maz! You guys still cleaning up that mess out there?
    Hey Cornfield. thanks for asking. We are pretty much cleaned up from Tropical Storm Iselle. However we have another very unique natural disaster affecting that same part of our island. Not sure if you guys heard about it, but lava is headed towards Pahoa town. It's in the same district of Puna, where Iselle did most of her damage. In about a month or less, that town could be cut-off by lava. The county is currently trying to rebuild current roads that will go around the lava's path so that those residence can still come to Hilo, the main town on this side of the island.
    Check out the pic below.

https://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/i...ava-flow-1.jpg
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

TOP TIER LURKER
    Hey Cornfield. thanks for asking. We are pretty much cleaned up from Tropical Storm Iselle. However we have another very unique natural disaster affecting that same part of our island. Not sure if you guys heard about it, but lava is headed towards Pahoa town. It's in the same district of Puna, where Iselle did most of her damage. In about a month or less, that town could be cut-off by lava. The county is currently trying to rebuild current roads that will go around the lava's path so that those residence can still come to Hilo, the main town on this side of the island.
    Check out the pic below.

https://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/i...ava-flow-1.jpg
    I've been keeping tabs on the advancement of the flow. It seems to have picked up a little speed in recent days. Weird how you really can't stop Mother Nature. We may be able to change things a little here and there but we really cannot stop her.

Hooligan

ddawg, that air is awesome. I wish I could do that.
    Thanks guys!

Hooligan

^new signature right there.^

mtbr member
    nice sender! equally nice trail build, too!

banned
    Sep 2010
    Helluva jump, DD. Nice trail, too.

Ho'lier than thou
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10649954_564386413690371_7173808706763777412_n (1).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	923553
    Good riding form Judy.

Re: pickles. Do vegans eat deep fried food? If so (and assuming you like fried food), deep fried pickles covered in panko breading may be worth a try. It is very tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    Nice. 14 feet is like dropping from a top of a semi truck.

Your next challenge is throwing a backflip in there

...However we have another very unique natural disaster affecting that same part of our island. Not sure if you guys heard about it, but lava is headed towards Pahoa town. It's in the same district of Puna, where Iselle did most of her damage. In about a month or less, that town could be cut-off by lava. The county is currently trying to rebuild current roads that will go around the lava's path so that those residence can still come to Hilo, the main town on this side of the island.
    Damn, I'd hate to be a Pahoa resident. Can you buy an insurance coverage for damages caused by volcanic activities and lava flow?

9 lives
    Your pic and vid ddawg is off the chain... love it
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Here's mud in yer eye! Hope you have 24 more years of Jeepin and lovin'
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

The Boat or The Bike?

Since I rode like such krap on Saturday, figured I should try for a little redemption this morning. I did about 10 miles around the Anthem singletrack. It was tougher than the night ride I did a while back. Since I could see where I was going, I wanted to go faster. But there is some pretty tech terrain out there and some good climbs. But I did score two top 10 times on short .5 mile segments, and PR'd two long 1.5 &amp; 2.3 mile segments. I was not riding good by any stretch, so there is definitely room for improvement.

The Boat or The Bike?

I'm thinking the cinnamon crunch muffins that have been staple in my diet lately may be dragging me down. I think I may have to get back to more fresh proteins and veggies. And I've been slacking on my fruit /veggie smoothies in the mornings too.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Eat like a Gorilla and you'll pedal like one!

Upcyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    That's a bunch of bananas.
    I'm not a robot

Rabid Lana Fan
    go gwen

TOP TIER LURKER
    Plants? YUCK! Man was meant to eat MEAT.

Rabid Lana Fan
    How about baby spinach with BACON in it? Ummm.

TOP TIER LURKER
    If you'll share the recipe, I will gladly give it a go. I happen to adore both of those food items but I never thought about eating them in unison.

live long and huck
    Got in 19 minutes of ride, with three kinda tough hill repeats right in the middle, less than 4 miles and only 180 ft of climbing, but it was pretty close to maximum effort.

Bike Ride Profile | 18th St hill repeats near Phoenix | Times and Records | Strava

Rabid Lana Fan
    Big ole bowl of baby spinach leaves, a little Ranch dressing stirred in real good.
    I like to use Boar'sHead bacon, baked in the oven. When the bacon is ready, just add the hot bacon to the spinach, and go for it.

Ride More, Work Less
    Any day and every day. But, only if it is tossed with hot bacon grease

TOP TIER LURKER
    Any day and every day. But, only if it is tossed with hot bacon grease
    Oh boy, are we talking about tossing salads now?

Ride More, Work Less
    After getting back from camping yesterday, I had to work last night. I got in this morning at 7:30 and got home at 8:30. I grabbed a little snack and then did a trainer ride. There's a new sufferfest called "half is easy". It is 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off x42. That's fun, especially after food Here's the profile. Fun, fun, fun!

Attachment 923849

Ride More, Work Less
    Oh boy, are we talking about tossing salads now?
    Has the heat finally gotten to you?

Rabid Lana Fan
    Heyyall posted some data. Whooda thunkit?

TOP TIER LURKER
    Has the heat finally gotten to you?
    Yes it has. It's been 105 here for days on end and it will remain that way until the end of the week. Heck, it's hotter here than it is in Vegas and that's the desert.

live long and huck
    After getting back from camping yesterday, I had to work last night. I got in this morning at 7:30 and got home at 8:30. I grabbed a little snack and then did a trainer ride. There's a new sufferfest called "half is easy". It is 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off x42. That's fun, especially after food Here's the profile. Fun, fun, fun!

Attachment 923849
    Are the flat spots just past half way and toward the end where you were pulled over and puking??

Rabid Lana Fan
    How do you know when it's winter time out there, Hawg? I guess you have to rely on the calendar?

Ride More, Work Less
    Heyyall posted some data. Whooda thunkit?
    yep, I need help. lots and lots of help.

Ride More, Work Less
    Are the flat spots just past half way and toward the end where you were pulled over and puking??
    That was the 4 min rest in the middle and the 4 min cool down. The down spikes in the intervals were me revisiting the wisdom of pulled pork with an ice cream chaser

live long and huck
    How do you know when it's winter time out there, Hawg? I guess you have to rely on the calendar?
    In all seriousness net, once you're out here for a while 35-40 degrees feels just as brutal as 0 to you guys back east.

live long and huck
    The down spikes in the intervals were me revisiting the wisdom of pulled pork with an ice cream chaser

TOP TIER LURKER
    We don't have Winter here anymore. It's been Summer for the past 3 years straight.

TOP TIER LURKER
    The down spikes in the intervals were me revisiting the wisdom of pulled pork with an ice cream chaser
    My hero!

Ride More, Work Less

In all seriousness net, once you're out here for a while 35-40 degrees feels just as brutal as 0 to you guys back east.
    And for me? -30?

And I'm walking the dog in shorts and a tshirt at 51. Quite comfortably I might add.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Here's a few more clips from my weekend riding out in Nevada.

The failed steep climb attempt is a section of the big ride they call Cottonwood. This steep, loose switchback section is called Satan's Escalator.

The longer video shows typical rolling through the upper elevation desert there on the Cottonwood ride.

<iframe width='500' height='281' src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/embed/379337/?colors=c80000' allowfullscreen frameborder='0'></iframe>

<iframe width='500' height='281' src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/embed/379338/?colors=c80000' allowfullscreen frameborder='0'></iframe>

live long and huck
    How steep was Satan's Escalator? Looked tough, even on video.

TOP TIER LURKER
    VERY steep. I'd venture to say that it stays in the upper teens (maybe breaking 20% a few times) the entire climb. The problem is that it's very loose and what I recorded is only about 20-25% of it. If you were feeling strong and picked good clean lines, it's cleanable.

This video ride talk with stand still trainer talk. Bacon and spinach talk is all fine but can we get back to tossing the salad talk.

Actually Hawg I think that statement went over everyone's head. It may be a So. Cal. thing that only a few get.

I'll watch your latest vids tomorrow.

live long and huck
    Not at all DJ, but I was really tired. I have to wonder though, how do you keep the bacon from falling off while you're doing the actual tossing?

Rabid Lana Fan
    DJ, it's more of an "inmate" thing, I think, rather than a SoCal thing. You've done hard time?

Rabid Lana Fan
    Opti, yeah, acclimation is the word, right?

Ride More, Work Less
    This is biking related in that it is what I did instead of biking over the weekend. The owner of the land we stayed on had built a trebochet to launch rocks into the river. We got to take it for a test drive. Such a simple machine that produces a dramatic result.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oWxrGafNEs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hooligan

It's already down to the 50's here in New England. To think that this will be 'warm' come March...

The Boat or The Bike?
    Yeah, it's crazy steep in the climb section. According to my Strava it varries between 18%- 38%, most of it staying in the 20%-25% like Hawg was guessing. I did watch 007 clean it last time we rode it, anything is possible. As long as you are not an Asian that hates uphill.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Just east of Chattanooga, TN. is the Enterprise South Industrial Park. This is home to Volkswagon North America's production facility where they build the Passat. Beautiful, nice modern facility. In this industrial park is the Enterprise South Nature Park....about 11 miles of hiking and biking trails. Susie and I went there Saturday for the first time. It was pretty good, we'll go back for sure. Smooth, fast and flowy. Hardly a rock to be seen anywhere. Very different from Monte Sano, but fun.

I got some footage and made a little video.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/106316873?color=ffffff" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" height="337" width="600" frameborder="0"></iframe> from Clay Morgan on Vimeo.

Rabid Lana Fan
    If you missed it in the video, check out the sign. In Tennessee, even the street signs have a southern accent.

Upcyclist
    Totally awesome, Net I think that's your best edit, yet! Nice fun lookin' trails with some cool features

Now I'm wantin' to go for a bike.
    I'm not a robot

Rabid Lana Fan
    Thanks, Korn!

that bridge looks like wide-bar hell.
    fap

Rabid Lana Fan
    Yep, gotta do the wide bar shimmy to get through.

Ho'lier than thou
    Very nice Net. I recognized a couple sections of I-24.

Did you get a new bike? Looks like some kind of Santa Cruz.

Ho'lier than thou
    This is biking related in that it is what I did instead of biking over the weekend. The owner of the land we stayed on had built a trebochet to launch rocks into the river. We got to take it for a test drive. Such a simple machine that produces a dramatic result.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oWxrGafNEs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    That is awesome. I want one.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Yeah, that's cool, Heyyall!

Katz, it's a borrowed bike. A Blur LT. I broke my Transition.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Looks like a great time net. Mrs. net was all smiles.

TOP TIER LURKER
    I broke my Transition.
    Huhhhh, whaaaaa????

Whaaa happin?

TOP TIER LURKER

Did you guys hear anyone down in the river yell out "Huuuuuuwaaaa". That's what they sound like when they get nailed by a boulder. Don't ask me how I know that...

Rabid Lana Fan
    Huhhhh, whaaaaa????

Whaaa happin?

This.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawg's Bike Thread: VOL. 5-crack.jpg  

This.
    Holy Bat Weld Robin!!

That sucks Net and it's probably out of warranty right. So what's the scoop on when it broke. Did you crash? Do you still have all your appendages and wits about you.