mtbr member

Greatest Motorsport on Earth

Check it out, then go and youtube yourselves to death.

V8 Supercars Videos

The White Jeff W
    Good watch. Thanks!
    No moss...

AZ
    banned
    What NASCAR should have been.

mtbr member
    Meh, the same safe asphalt over and over.

How is that better than this

THE BEST OF BAJA 1000 - Movie - Part 1 - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I prefer Formula 1 and WRC.

WRC 2011 Highlights HD - YouTube
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

Sweep the leg!
    pfft, Watch yesterday's 1st WSB race in Assen after the restart for the rain and tell me if racing in a cage is exciting.

NASCAR can suck my balls when they don't race because of a little rain on the track.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Nah. Dakar series, WRC... Pavement is for commuting to work.

Is not amused
    Nice video OP. For me though it's motorcycles. One race stands out amongst the rest. The Isle of man TT.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AxHzwWndtvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HNp_GIxmshY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Subaru Isle of Man TT Record Attempt - YouTube ---Subaru record attempt
    Last edited by Hutch3637; 05-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

poser Administrator
    V8 Supercars, particularly the races at Bathhurst are everything that NASCAR or any spec car racing should be. The cars are cheap (relatively), the racing is tight, the courses are varied and exciting and passes, passes, passes. Win margins can be as much as an entire lap or microseconds. In the same realm as ALMS and LeMans racing which is equally exciting.

Rally is a great race but being against the clock it lacks that excitement that comes from having multiple cars competing on the track for position.

Desert racing is quite fantastic too with interesting strategies, lines and vehicles but it is a difficult venue to cover on TV, so you get these bits and pieces of the racing which is still better than nothing.

I have heard that V8 supercars will be making a stop to the Nascrash races as an opening race. I bet they are scared that it will be more popular however.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i'd have to agree baja is sweet but as mentioned not easy to cover. but out of all motorsports racing the best is ... racing it all rocks. There is talent at every aspect of every division of motorsports.

mtbr member
    Great comments, everyone. Cheers.

I guess it's a 5 lap snapshot of the most recent race. I thought Rockcrusher hit the nail. Bring on Bathurst.

mtbr member
    Out of the motorsports I do. Boat, jetski, motorcyles, dirtbike, quads, cars, and they're all fun. I'd have to say snowmobiling is magical, sure some of my riding buds would agree. Any Sled Heads around feelin' this?
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Grand National Dirttrack Racing will ruin you for any type of motorsports, especially Mile racing. Those living in NorCal will have the Sacramento Mile July 28th, and the Santa Rosa Mile on September 30th. If you have the time and the means, go check them out.

mtbr member
    Here's a good one for the Americans to watch:
    Darrell Waltrip Bathurst V8 Supercar Hotlaps - YouTube

the half breed devil
    NASCAR seems to be like driving from san francisco to LA on interstate 5 really fast, like, three times. in other words, stultifying. i want to see the biggest and baddest american cars at places like laguna seca and sears point. (or sonoma international raceway, what's it called now?)

i'll bet something like this sort of racing would go over fairly well in the US...

mtbr member
    You can see it in Austin, 2013, if I recall correctly.

The White Jeff W
    I live in Pennsylvania so its all about the dirt track sprint cars here. This was from Lincoln Speedway, probably my favorite place to watch a race. Its small so the cars stay close but the high banks let them really fly! PA dirt track racing is about as redneck as it gets, only surpassed by truck & tractor pull.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3wUVXgxeLZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I had a chance to drive a dirt track car a couple of years ago and it was a blast. I was offered a driver posistion but, call me a wuss, Ive already flipped one car and I have no desire to do it again on a regular basis. Now that the dirt track is closed down the same group is moving to pavement with a couple of miatas, so hopefully ill get the same chance.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

May The Force Be With You
    Bonneville Salt Flats FTW!!!!! and the Standing mile races!

'11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Standing mile is awesome, to bad about the Ford GT driver who lost his life at the event in California recently. Sad day.

257.7 mph standing mile in a Ford GT....

257.7 MPH Ford GT Standing Mile World Record - 2012 Texas Mile - YouTube
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    Standing mile is awesome, to bad about the Ford GT driver who lost his life at the event in California recently. Sad day.

257.7 mph standing mile in a Ford GT....

257.7 MPH Ford GT Standing Mile World Record - 2012 Texas Mile - YouTube
    While i appreciate putting everything you can into a car so it can go fast, I much more appreciate when there is a corner in there. That is why I love the fact that the Koniegsegg matched the Veyron's top speed only did so on the Nurburgring whilst the Veyron needed the pool table smooth VW test track. Real world performance vs. test track.

I see it all the time in tuner GT-R's. They amp them up with tons of power but they are slower through the slalom, less grippy in lateral g's and slower on a challenging track but they have a faster top end.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    Sounds fun! There's a track near me with a road course & they do auto cross & go carts etc. I was thinking about getting a Miata to run up & down the road to work & play with on the weekends. Chick car but Im man enough to pull it off lol.

Don't sell the miata short. It is light with perfect balance, revy engine and handles like the race car that it is. It is only a chick car if you take it to the mall. Take it to the twisties and you can hunt down bigger prey which is quite manly.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

The White Jeff W
    I had a chance to drive a dirt track car a couple of years ago and it was a blast. I was offered a driver posistion but, call me a wuss, Ive already flipped one car and I have no desire to do it again on a regular basis. Now that the dirt track is closed down the same group is moving to pavement with a couple of miatas, so hopefully ill get the same chance.

Sounds fun! There's a track near me with a road course & they do auto cross & go carts etc. I was thinking about getting a Miata to run up & down the road to work & play with on the weekends. Chick car but Im man enough to pull it off lol.

No moss...

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    While i appreciate putting everything you can into a car so it can go fast, I much more appreciate when there is a corner in there. ... They amp them up with tons of power but they are slower through the slalom, less grippy in lateral g's and slower on a challenging track but they have a faster top end.
    Amen. The Grandam series in the US has everything from BMW, Corvettes, Cameros, 911's and RX-8's.

I loves the Wankels!
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

May The Force Be With You
    TopGear Uk has some of the best races on earth ... and Pikes Peak is pretty badazz too

'11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    Amen. The Grandam series in the US has everything from BMW, Corvettes, Cameros, 911's and RX-8's.

I loves the Wankels!

Im not normally a spelling nazi. But since I own one this irritates the hell out of me.

C-A-M-A-R-O
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Carbon & Ti rule
    Most motorsport has alot to offer, Some are better for the people watching & some much better for the people doing the sport.

I really like the Ausy V8's alot but when watching them at the same track as F1 on the same weekend they just don't seem as good.

i have Co driven in over 100 Rallys & have to say from a being part of it that may rate the highest for me. But when we gave it up on a good day if you didn't brake anything you were still up around $8000- $9000 a day so is it bang for your buck.

When I was Running my Race car it was still around $3000 a weekend & IMO looking back was not as much fun per dollar as Rallying.

The most fun for $ that I did was Hill climbs on closed roads, Sure My car still cost $150,000 but you race the clock to better your own times & others & could get away with $300 for the day.

I have 4 friends that race sprint cars & when it comes to fun for the driver as well as the people watching that would be hard to beat.

Just my 2 c
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

~ B A D A S S ~
    I nominate belt sander dragracing!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Not a moto fan... but each year for two weeks I become one...

Isle of Man TT: The Spectacular T.T. TT (Isle of Man) Motorcycle Road Race 2011 2012 - YouTube

The original 200mph street race.
    - The only thing that keeps me on a bike is happiness.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    I nominate belt sander dragracing!
    Yep that would be cool
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    NASCAR seems to be like driving from san francisco to LA on interstate 5 really fast, like, three times. in other words, stultifying. i want to see the biggest and baddest american cars at places like laguna seca and sears point. (or sonoma international raceway, what's it called now?)

i'll bet something like this sort of racing would go over fairly well in the US...
    Perhaps you're just not drunk and sunburnt enough to appreciate NASCAR?

Inspector Gadget
    I gotta put a plug in for my Motorsport... King of the Hammers.

Can't just show up and race it unless you are *somebody* like Robby Gordon. You must qualify at other events throughout the year. After trying 3 times I finally made it in for the 2012 race back in Feb. Coolest f'n thing I have ever done.

Start of my qualifying run... I botched it a bit, but so did alot of legit guys. I qualifyied 65th overall out of nearly 170 and only 130 started this years race.
    2012 King of the Hammers - Danger Ranger Racing 1911 LCQ - YouTube

2009 movie trailer
    King Of The Hammers 2009 / Official Trailer - YouTube

2010 movie trailer
    2010 Griffin King Of The Hammers III : Anarchy Trailer - YouTube

2011 movie trailer
    King of the Hammers 2011:"Valley of the Kings" Official Trailer #1 - HeavyMetalConcepts/Hammerking - YouTube

2012 movie trailer
    King of the Hammers 2012 - "Rise of the East" Trailer - Ultra4Racing // HeavyMetalConcepts - YouTube
    Last edited by abeckstead; 04-26-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    It's the perfect time of year, Somewhere far away from here.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Very cool

Quote Originally Posted by abeckstead View Post
    I gotta put a plug in for my Motorsport... King of the Hammers.

Can't just show up and race it unless you are *somebody* like Robby Gordon. You must qualify at other events throughout the year. After trying 3 times I finally made it in for the 2012 race back in Feb. Coolest f'n thing I have ever done.

Start of my qualifying run... I botched it a bit, but so did alot of legit guys. I qualifyied 65th overall out of nearly 170 and only 130 started this years race.
    2012 King of the Hammers - Danger Ranger Racing 1911 LCQ - YouTube

2009 movie trailer
    King Of The Hammers 2009 / Official Trailer - YouTube

2010 movie trailer
    2010 Griffin King Of The Hammers III : Anarchy Trailer - YouTube

2011 movie trailer
    King of the Hammers 2011:"Valley of the Kings" Official Trailer #1 - HeavyMetalConcepts/Hammerking - YouTube

2012 movie trailer
    King of the Hammers 2012 - "Rise of the East" Trailer - Ultra4Racing // HeavyMetalConcepts - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That would be such a blast.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Sweep the leg!
    Im not normally a spelling nazi. But since I own one this irritates the hell out of me.

C-A-M-A-R-O
    Sorry about that. I get hung up on Subaru too (Suburu). I'm not afraid to ask, what kind of mullet are you sporting

I haven't been to mullet.com in a while...

nvphatty
    2 wheel road race freek here, motogp, WSBK, BSB, IOM etc, etc.

banned
    Nov 2011
    I don't consider anything involving a motor to be a sport. Well, maybe MX but that's really it.

Carbon & Ti rule
    For a super fun weekend of watching Motorsport, The top of the hill @ Bathhurst watching the V8 Supercars is a must do weekend.

It may have tamed down a bit now but the off track antics were just insane & I mean insane.

People bonnet surfing behind cars, Massive burn out pad, V8 motorised chilly bins & that's just the start.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    Sorry about that. I get hung up on Subaru too (Suburu). I'm not afraid to ask, what kind of mullet are you sporting

I haven't been to mullet.com in a while...
    Actually Ive been told I look more like a BMW M3 driver. Now if I could just afford one.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I can't read this thread without putting my input in. I think I was born a car-nut/gear-head or what ever you want to call me. I have fond memories of my dad leaving for TDY waiving to me as a kid from his BMW 2002. I grew up in the backseat of a brown Bavaria and still remember the day my dad went and autocrossed the car. Found the event by accident, to bad my mom felt it wasn't safe enough for me to watch outside. Odd to me now having run my own cars in a few autocrosses. I grew up watching Indy car and NASCAR but that was all I could watch on TV. Now that we U.S. folks can acutally watch good motorsport racing from across the globe I am a big F1 fan, DTM, ALMS (really any sportscar racing), V8 supercars, you name it. Don't get me started on the Speed Channel and not sticking to their roots. I can't stand Indy car or NASCAR now...aweful stuff. I had to have my say and I am really looking forward to this weekends opener of DTM. The season looks to be a good one and hopefully back to closer racing.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Actually Ive been told I look more like a BMW M3 driver. Now if I could just afford one.
    Wow thats not a very nice thing for someone to say

That said my wife really liked her BMW.

My brother is over seas for a while so I have his M3 & M3 CSL it the shed to drive when I want There is a X3 as well but I'm not so keen on that.

banned
    Nov 2011
    BMW stands for Brings Many Women.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Addict View Post
    Yep & not 1 of them a goal digger

fading away
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    What NASCAR should have been.
    Amen! Amazing how the Aussies got it right and the red-stater ímericuns fÝcked it all up!!!
    Last edited by Leopold Porkstacker; 04-28-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    goodbye cruel world. I am leaving you today.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My coworker has a M3 CSL replica. He loses to my Camaro quite handily...... until we hit a turn.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Addict View Post
    Or Bayerische Motoren Werke depending where you live.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    Or Bayerische Motoren Werke depending where you live.
    I think it was Bavarian Motor Works, or is that just the murican way of saying what you just said? Lol
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

~ B A D A S S ~
    Well its german so I guess the most correct way is the german way.

Bayerische means "from bayern", something that comes from bayern. This is the place where bmw has its headquarters, Munich iirc (mŁnchen) I have been there, and in their museum. Motoren (guess the meaning of this word). Werke, similar to factory, its not exactly the same but its close. Its hard to really nail the meaning here since I'm not german, but the word in one form or another is existing troughout most of the germanic derived languages.

Then there is brooklyn machineworks that makes bikes...

coat of arms

flag

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    I prefer watching John Forces Daughters getting strapped into an 8000hp top fuel dragster.
    2004 Foes Mono
    2009 Santa Cruz Heckler
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I like drag racing, I cant stand watching drag racing. I like the Force daughters however.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    I like drag racing, I cant stand watching drag racing. I like the Force daughters however.
    I don't mind watching drag racing. I'd rather watch it over nascar. Literally 10x the horsepower, and much higher speeds. Plus you're not sitting there watching a race for 6 hours, it's over in seconds. But I'd rather be the one racing.

Here's my side hobby... Drag racing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greatest Motorsport on Earth-img_3148-got-1200-hp.jpg  

Greatest Motorsport on Earth-trans-am-front-22.jpg  

Greatest Motorsport on Earth-img_0144-22.jpg  

Greatest Motorsport on Earth-4.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    2004 Foes Mono
    2009 Santa Cruz Heckler
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp

Carbon & Ti rule
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataevos View Post
    I don't mind watching drag racing. I'd rather watch it over nascar. Literally 10x the horsepower, and much higher speeds. Plus you're not sitting there watching a race for 6 hours, it's over in seconds. But I'd rather be the one racing.

Here's my side hobby... Drag racing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Mataevos, whats your name on LS1tech.com? I swear Ive seen that last picture on there. And that trans am is gorgeous. I love fbodies but im trying desperately to sell my SS and buy another LS1T members 01 Z06.

My SS at the track.....
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Mataevos, whats your name on LS1tech.com? I swear Ive seen that last picture on there. And that trans am is gorgeous. I love fbodies but im trying desperately to sell my SS and buy another LS1T members 01 Z06.

My SS at the track.....
    SuperSlow.... Nice 35th man.
    I am on LS1 Tech, ,my name is "COOKIE MONSTER" on there and most the others....

The C5s are nice. I hope you get it sold...
    2004 Foes Mono
    2009 Santa Cruz Heckler
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp

mtbr member
    I miss my M3 every day....

I enjoy watching the Rolex Series and DTM when I can catch any. Also, I think that the Aussie V8s shame our NASCAR series. So much more action, also alot of fun to watch.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by elcaro1101 View Post
    I miss my M3 every day....

I enjoy watching the Rolex Series and DTM when I can catch any. Also, I think that the Aussie V8s shame our NASCAR series. So much more action, also alot of fun to watch.
    I too miss the Mcar but in my region it's a 7-8 month drivable car the rest is suv or truck weather. I too enjoy the V8's

mtbr member
    The M's are really sharp cars. A friend of mine got a M6 last year, very stout ride. But I still prefer a nice V6 (GandNat) or general V8 with a blower or a couple of turbos.
    2004 Foes Mono
    2009 Santa Cruz Heckler
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The ZO im looking at currently has a 150 shot 3000psi nano kit on it. Im planning on pulling that off and putting a D1SC procharger and a blower cam in it. Should be good enough for some shenanigans on the weekend.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good start. Atleast you're sticking to one or the other. Both would destroy that stock bottom. My car used to be a nitrous car, and before I got the motor built, I was spraying 150. I had PRC 5.3 Stg 25 Heads, MS3 cam w/112 LSA, FAST90/90, and a MWC 9", and built t-56. She was putting down 622/660 (150). On a 200 hit (2 stage), I was cutting a 1.44 60 foot with the fronts in the air, and 10.34@133 out the back door. Believe me when I say, it was more than enough for 99% of the street scene. Full weight car, Leather, AC, NAV, and a 6 spd. Drove it daily, and to and from NC-MI 1000 miles to drag it and street run it. Here's a pic from the older days of the street car.

Honestly, If I were to run your car, I'd keep it budget, and simple. Even with a stock Short Block, that car will own with H/C/I combo and a hit of spray. A lightwieght car like that, shhhh, stand the hell by! lol And if you're going with a D1SC, you're setting yourself up for future performance. Those D1s are good for low 10s high 9s. On the street, you'll own any stock car out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greatest Motorsport on Earth-img_7557.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    2004 Foes Mono
    2009 Santa Cruz Heckler
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yeah im sure. My piddly little SS will beat half the stoplight racers in this city. Only problem is im friends with a handful of the one percent guys. Which gives you a whole new higher understanding of power when its all TT vipers and big turbo supras lol.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post

My brother is over seas for a while so I have his M3 & M3 CSL it the shed to drive when I want There is a X3 as well but I'm not so keen on that.
    While you take out your brother's M3 can I take out his CSL?

Thanks for the rep as well.

Now have to figure out how to watch some DTM races this year. Only covered on Speed 2 which my carrier dosen't carry.

mtbr member
    Nice try everyone, but the gretest show on Earth moves to Barbagallo, Westrern Australia this weekend. Here's some great footage from 2001.

2001 V8 Supercars: Barbagallo Races 1-3 - YouTube

mtbr member
    Well, as if the jury could still be out, here's the finish of race 3, Barbagallo, yesterday. After going to a soft tyre way too early because of a safety car, the winner gets swamped, rides the canvass and holds on.

V8 Supercar 2012 Perth- Race 9 Final Laps / Finish - YouTube

mtbr member
    G'day again everyone. Phillip Island this week. A truely great circuit and a fitting place for V8 Supercars to race. The big birds (Falcons) flapped their wings again.

Here is some qualifying and race footage from Saturday:
    Qualifying Saturday - 2012 Phillip Island 300 - YouTube
    Race 10 Highlights - 2012 Phillip Island 300 - YouTube

The same from Sunday:
    Qualifying Sunday - 2012 Phillip Island 300 - YouTube
    Race 11 Highlights - 2012 Phillip Island 300 - YouTube

Stay tuned.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I like Sprint boats....you know sh*t is about to get crazy when your boat has a roll cage.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PqLnsdrB_QU

And sprint cars. Have a buddy that races these. 800hp in a 1200 pound car...sideways....at 150mph....in traffic.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lQp0jqC4gDc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haligan78 View Post
    I like Sprint boats....you know sh*t is about to get crazy when your boat has a roll cage.
    YouTube - USSBA Racing

And sprint cars. Have a buddy that races these. 800hp in a 1200 pound car...sideways....at 150mph....in traffic.
    YouTube - 2008 WoO Sprint Cars Vault World Finals at Charlotte Part 1 of 3
    Now that is badass.... Very cool stuff...
    2004 Foes Mono
    2009 Santa Cruz Heckler
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp
    1999 Klein Mantra Comp

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    As long as they are turning left and right, it can be good racing. Nascar is awsome, twice a year?

Damn that hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Nice video OP. For me though it's motorcycles. One race stands out amongst the rest. The Isle of man TT.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AxHzwWndtvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HNp_GIxmshY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Subaru Isle of Man TT Record Attempt - YouTube ---Subaru record attempt
    THIS is the greatest... Check out the Northwest 200 and Joey Dunlop too....
    It was fun while it lasted.

Damn that hurt
    For the NASCAR HATERS........ Here is two drivers you can't forget. NASCAR Cornelius, NC - Amber & Angela Cope
    It was fun while it lasted.

Trail Fairy
    Here is a good video showing just how fast F1 is.

Speed Comparison: GT vs. F1 - YouTube
    Dig, Ride, Repeat. Trust in 4130. Single Speed Pride.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Out of the motorsports I do. Boat, jetski, motorcyles, dirtbike, quads, cars, and they're all fun. I'd have to say snowmobiling is magical, sure some of my riding buds would agree. Any Sled Heads around feelin' this?
    Sleds are the nuts, nothing like carving fresh powder, instant berms!

Wish we had more snow here in NEPA, gotta travel 5 hours to enjoy most seasons!

fading away
    Just bought my reserved pre-sale tickets yesterday for the November 16-18 F1 race in Austin, Texass. First time ever going to an F1 race, my sons (6 and 7.5 years old) already are immensely stoked about it.

No Stranger to danger....
    What about RIDE ON LAWN MOWER RACING, in the mud, thats the greatest ozzie motor racing ??, or dragging a car bonnet upside down around a paddock, behind a ute with 10 idiots in the back shouting and dribbling at you ?? the old hotted up red honda postman bike racing goes good, but appart from those, the isle of man and the super bikes get my vote, the mighty ozzies have had a few great champs over the years, like Wayne Gardner, the great Mick Doohan, and the king of the whingers Casey Stoner, hes a great rider Casey, but he was hiding behind a tree when god handed out personalities, thats for sure.........
    Check out the ride on mower racin guys, its the bomb......

mtbr member
    Sorry for the delay.

Darwin:
    V8 Supercars Videos

Townsville:
    V8 Supercars Videos

mtbr member
    If I could only choose one it would have to be F1.

MoJo Moto
    Yep...F1 comes to Austin this year... kant wait!

But me.... 40 years of moto competition...getting old the hard way.
    Ride Hard or Ride Home Alone.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by motopail View Post

Im trying my hardest to go but it doesnt look like im going to have the funds available.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Is not amused
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LU-ynRoqDEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fading away
    Quote Originally Posted by motopail View Post

It was certifiably awesome!!! We were sitting three rows from the front at the apex of Turn 12, where we got to witness Lewis Hamiltonís winning pass on Sebastien Vettel on lap 42. On Saturday, after getting Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button to autograph my sonsí officially-licensed Vodaphone McLaren-Mercedes jr. racing suits, one of Sutton Imagesí photographers decided itíd be great to take their photo and put it on the Formula1.com website: Formula 1

Actual image on the website: https://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/597x4...1217nov124.jpg

Radness!!!

mtbr member
    Well, the greatest show on Earth finds itself in the USA this weekend. I understand the mixed feelings about the Circuit of The Americas and the anger over how it was paid for. Please don't hold the corruption of F1 and the theft of tax payer money against the V8 Supercars. The circuit is there now and I'm sure they'll put on a great show, so enjoy.

Cheers.

V8 Supercars - The Official Website

AZ
    banned
    Watching on SPEED, a lot of action with only 12 laps in.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    When I opened this thread I expected to see this.. Redneck weekend warrior style. Lawn Mower Racing Rockingham NWLMRA - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Watching on SPEED, a lot of action with only 12 laps in.
    So what you think Az, im no motor sport fan barring the bikes, just interested on what you yanks think of the v8s, cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    So what you think Az, im no motor sport fan barring the bikes, just interested on what you yanks think of the v8s, cheers

I've watched them for a few years and think their great, their not afraid to mix it up either. Sure more interesting than the single file Barney Train that NASCAR has turned into.

fading away
    A number of years ago when I first discovered Aussie V8 racing, I wondered why NASCAR wasnít like that. Aussie V8 Supercar racing is what NASCAR should be like but unfortunately isnít. Hopefully the NASCAR crowd will take note of the proper Aussie way.

nvphatty
    ahhhhhhh geez blah blah its all racing so enjoy it or not!! i'll take 2 wheeled road racing any time vs 4 wheeled counter parts.

Sweet guys cheers, i heard the track was a bit short and the tyres they used were too hard.
    I'll give you a tip, the V8s has actually been used to sell holdens and fords here for ages, it was basically rigged to keep other manufacturers out so their rival manufacturers wouldnt sell cars off the back of it, in the early 80s we had quite a few different brands in it like volvo, jaguar and i think porsche out of memory, then it was bought out by ford and holden on the sly and they made sure they took out all the competition which made it very boring imo.
    Now new manufactures have been let back in its a better platform i think, although i still find it incredibly boring, make no mistake Holden is the most loved manufacturer over here and daylight second, Toyota sells the most units but Holden is the most loved by the motor racing enthusiests.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Members who have read this thread: 0