The Great OC Tire Fire- Mtbr.com
    NDD
    mtbr member

The Great OC Tire Fire

Gather 'round ye weary thread travelers. I happened upon the idea that so many threads degenerate into the same arguments and/or personal attacks, and it may therefore be better to accumulate these arguments into one big old tire fire of a thread once they've started. So when your arguments diverge greatly from the topic at hand, grab the cheapest liquor you can find and come warm up next to The Great OC Tire Fire.

Have at it folks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Great OC Tire Fire-fire-793x526.gif  

dang

the half breed devil
    i remember being in my friend's truck on the way to a race in castaic. just past the I-5/580 split, there were signs warning motorists to keep the windows closed because of a huge tire fire near tracy or somewhere in the area.

this was in 1999.

does anyone remember?

mtbr member
    Bullshit

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    i remember being in my friend's truck on the way to a race in castaic. just past the I-5/580 split, there were signs warning motorists to keep the windows closed because of a huge tire fire near tracy or somewhere in the area.

this was in 1999.

does anyone remember?
    Trucks are bad for the environment. People should have stopped and used their dogs to pee on fire because dogs are awesome.
    Round and round we go

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Trucks are bad for the environment. People should have stopped and used their dogs to pee on fire because dogs are awesome.
    i got nothing.

One ring to mash them all
    dang
    "Thousands of you may die…it is what it is." - Lord Farkwad

Real eyes realize real lies.

Pipe Dreamer
    I just got done stoking the fire, who's next?
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

well mannered lout
    i got nothing.
    Hey, Net...cue the Lana video.
    Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkFathom View Post
    Bullshit
    Properly dried bull shit or even plain old cow shit makes an excellent burning fuel.
    Bicycles don't have motors.

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    Properly dried bull shit or even plain old cow shit makes an excellent burning fuel.
    so does a big pile of old computers...

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Gather 'round ye weary thread travelers. I happened upon the idea that so many threads degenerate into the same arguments and/or personal attacks, and it may therefore be better to accumulate these arguments into one big old tire fire of a thread once they've started. So when your arguments diverge greatly from the topic at hand, grab the cheapest liquor you can find and come warm up next to The Great OC Tire Fire.

Have at it folks.

Sum coal bein' rolled right there!
    It's all Here. Now.

High Desert MTBer
    This is true... Camel shit works good too...
    It's all Here. Now.

Pipe Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I just got done stoking the fire, who's next?
    NDD stepped up and threw some more gas on the fire!

lol, I'm open to discussing those sorts of things, I've got an open mind, but if we keep going that thread will get shut down. I'm now just as guilty as anyone in that thread for going off topic.

mtbr member
    Old tires are still very useful though.

https://youtu.be/99f7_ei3w4U
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    lol, I'm open to discussing those sorts of things, I've got an open mind...
    Right? Its just a discussion, I'll gladly change my mind on any subject if I am provided with evidence that shows what I currently believe is immoral/wrong/incorrect. I provide information that backs up what I believe, yet nobody has even attempted to illustrate why what I believe and how I act are immoral/wrong/incorrect.

NDD
    mtbr member
    NDD stepped up and threw some more gas on the fire!
    Sorry! I'll stop. I like that thread and I want to see it keep going.

And even after I started this thread. What a bad example i am.

Alright cage match, JB vs the world who wins?
    dang

TOP TIER LURKER
    Wire bead or Kevlar bead?
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    Melted bead......
    Back to the subject, how did reproduction evolve in a single generation?

TOP TIER LURKER
    single compound or dual compound?

Rabid Lana Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Hey, Net...cue the Lana video.
    Something about eating meat?

rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkFathom View Post
    Melted bead......
    Back to the subject, how did reproduction evolve in a single generation?
    Aww hell yeah, let's start this tire fire!!!

Most importantly, you're conflating one aspect of modern biological theory with another. The theory of evolution is not necessarily a commentary on how life began on earth, but how species and forms diversified on earth over geological time. In fact, Charles Darwin was a creationist, he later went on to expound upon his view that God created, perhaps, one or a few species upon which natural selection could act. So why switch gears? Do you mean to imply that genes are not heritable? That they don't express traits? That populations don't share unique subsets of genes that are either less common or absent from other populations?

Branching away from human evolution, there's plenty of evidence for speciation in plant biology. Small's white ash (Fraxinus smallii) originated as a tetraploid (containing 4 copies of each choromosome instead of the normal 2) hybrid between green ash (F. pennsylvanica) and white ash (F. americana), originating in ecotonal zones where both species could persist, but were otherwise on the edge of optimal habitat for each. Moreso, speciation was immediate, as the hybrids were reproductive with like hybrids, but could not back cross with parent species. So you have a situation where there are coexisting populations of species more or less hold genetic material in distinct populations and cannot really back cross with parent species. Is that not evolution in action? Or would you say that individuals that cannot reproduce with each other and pass heritable traits are the same species?
    dang

TOP TIER LURKER
    Who here has a spare tire?

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgzilla View Post
    Who here has a spare tire?
    Talkin' about the one round my gut?
    dang

Pipe Dreamer

Most importantly, you're conflating one aspect of modern biological theory with another. The theory of evolution is not necessarily a commentary on how life began on earth, but how species and forms diversified on earth over geological time. In fact, Charles Darwin was a creationist, he later went on to expound upon his view that God created, perhaps, one or a few species upon which natural selection could act. So why switch gears? Do you mean to imply that genes are not heritable? That they don't express traits? That populations don't share unique subsets of genes that are either less common or absent from other populations?

Branching away from human evolution, there's plenty of evidence for speciation in plant biology. Small's white ash (Fraxinus smallii) originated as a tetraploid (containing 4 copies of each choromosome instead of the normal 2) hybrid between green ash (F. pennsylvanica) and white ash (F. americana), originating in ecotonal zones where both species could persist, but were otherwise on the edge of optimal habitat for each. Moreso, speciation was immediate, as the hybrids were reproductive with like hybrids, but could not back cross with parent species. So you have a situation where there are coexisting populations of species more or less hold genetic material in distinct populations and cannot really back cross with parent species. Is that not evolution in action? Or would you say that individuals that cannot reproduce with each other and pass heritable traits are the same species?
    I think we have more in common than you initially thought in the other thread. I'll leave it at that.

Fun fact: I'm partially named after Charles Darwin's grandfather, the English potter Josiah Wedgwood.

Pipe Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    There really is no purpose to any form of life though, is there?
    All I know is that I've got a special purpose.

With the exception of humans, no animals have other options for their diet, humans of course have the luxury of grocery stores.
    In my thoughts last night I was thinking of omnivores specifically, like what if a bear was capable of thought, would he only eat plants? Just clearing that up, it's more of a rhetorical question.

I believe that our ability to discern right from wrong is a key player here as well as that ability is unique to humans.
    If you were starving out in the wilderness and the only food available was animals, would you think it was wrong to kill and eat one?

The idea that we have "dominion" over animals can lead to fundamental flaws in our ability to discern right from wrong, since birth we have all been trained to be incapable of feeling sympathy for most animals. Teaching people to selectively turn off their capacity to care for others that are suffering is a dangerous road to travel.
    I disagree with most of this. I'm speaking for myself tho, and realize I'm not like most people. When I was a kid I had done things I'm not proud of, but now that I'm older I'm a bit more conscientious. I can't stand fishing for sport for example (sorry Hawg), the thought of dragging a helpless creature out of the water to say "Look what I caught!" makes me ill.

Are you going to stop driving a vehicle because of all the bugs you kill on the front of your car?

mtbr member

Just a thought that came to mind.....How did the trait of reproducing develop before die off.....
    ”Originated”, that’s a curious term.
    When I look through that 10” Dobsonian at galaxies across space so vast it is measured in light years, it gets curiouser and curiouser...

Cycologist
    I'm confused. Am I supposed to post a vegetarian recipe in here to start a fire for going off topic?
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Old tires are still very useful though.

https://youtu.be/99f7_ei3w4U
    Yes they were. I had and extremely heavy duty striking heavy bag that was about 48" high and 24" diameter. There was a tire retreading plant outside Yuma where I was able to get half a pickup truck bed full of some fairly fine, consistent shavings. I stuffed as much as We could into that bag, and it turned into one of the finest heavybags we owned. I loaned it to our large school in the ghetto in San Diego, where boxers would come in just because they heard about the bag . It weighed well over 200#, so anyone who wanted to hit/kick it had to know what they were doing to avoid 'effed up wrists, ankles, etc.

Refused many offers to sell it on account of not knowing for certain if I could go back and get more of that rubber. There was enough left over for a nice head bag for uppercut practice and such. I left 'Dago several times on assignments for a year and during that time, the school closed down duet to the building being condemned.
    Never saw either of those bags again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Yes they were. I had and extremely heavy duty striking heavy bag that was about 48" high and 24" diameter. There was a tire retreading plant outside Yuma where I was able to get half a pickup truck bed full of some fairly fine, consistent shavings. I stuffed as much as We could into that bag, and it turned into one of the finest heavybags we owned. I loaned it to our large school in the ghetto in San Diego, where boxers would come in just because they heard about the bag . It weighed well over 200#, so anyone who wanted to hit/kick it had to know what they were doing to avoid offed up wrists, ankles, etc.

Refused many offers to buy it on account of not knowing for certain if I could go back and get more of that rubber. There was enough left over for a nice head bag for uppercut practice and such. I left 'Dago several times on assignments for a year and during that time, the school closed down duet to the building being condemned.
    Never saw either of those bags again.
    Cool, they're great for track surface.

Mainly though I just like to roll them down mountains and off shit. Watch the vid, it's really short and highly entertaining.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    I think we have some hypocrites among us.

https://www.businessinsider.com/15-s...roducts-2014-3
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Hypocrisy is a universal human trait.
    Some are simply more practiced than others......

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    I'm confused. Am I supposed to post a vegetarian recipe in here to start a fire for going off topic?
    You cook it on the fire.
    dang

NDD
    mtbr member
    I think we have more in common than you initially thought in the other thread. I'll leave it at that.

Fun fact: I'm partially named after Charles Darwin's grandfather, the English potter Josiah Wedgwood.
    Lol! Probably rightly so. It's possible that you've used some language I've seen in choice other dialogues that maybe you didn't have other words for and I took it as something else.
    dang

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I think we have some hypocrites among us.

https://www.businessinsider.com/15-s...roducts-2014-3
    Old news, we know.

For vegans who aren't aware of these sneaky ingredients, it doesn't make them any less vegan or their efforts any less worthwhile. Certainly not hypocritical to make an honest mistake....and everyone has to draw the line somewhere. I'm not going to investigate the supply chain of every product I buy to make sure no animals were used at any point. Perfection isn't the standard, doing the best you reasonably can is - and that's different for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by squeakymcgillicuddy View Post
    Old news, we know.

For vegans who aren't aware of these sneaky ingredients, it doesn't make them any less vegan or their efforts any less worthwhile. Certainly not hypocritical to make an honest mistake....and everyone has to draw the line somewhere. I'm not going to investigate the supply chain of every product I buy to make sure no animals were used at any point. Perfection isn't the standard, doing the best you reasonably can is - and that's different for everyone.
    I get it, some are vegan for a healthier diet. Others are vegan because they think no animal should sacrifice their life for human satisfaction. Which that thread is riddled full of.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Cycologist
    and outdated:

https://www.veganfoodandliving.com/i...ttle-can-form/

DJ, according to #12, I guess you're a cannibal!
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

and outdated:

https://www.veganfoodandliving.com/i...ttle-can-form/

DJ, according to #12, I guess you're a cannibal!
    I don’t drink Guinness, I hardly ever even drink “A” beer. Merlot wine and margaritas are my soft spot.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I wonder if they even make retread tires anymore?

Yep, scary in my opinion.

https://www.bandag.com/en-us/tires-a...BoCwugQAvD_BwE

TOP TIER LURKER
    I don’t drink Guinness, I hardly ever even drink “A” beer. Merlot wine and margaritas are my soft spot.
    But do you point your pinklie outward when sipping your Merlot like proper wine snobs do?

TOP TIER LURKER
    IDK about retreads but this tread needs to be retired.

Some threads ARE retreads.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Some threads ARE retreads.
    If you take the second E out of that word and switch a few of the letters around, some of the threads are that, too.

If you take the second E out of that word and switch a few of the letters around, some of the threads are that, too.
    >> 🤯

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Something about eating meat?

god, that's horrible...

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I'm remembering Katz.......I wonder what opinion he has about these "new" retreads.

the half breed devil
    here is exactly where i speak of. westley is very close to the 5/580 split:

High Desert MTBer
    Some dangerous carcinogens being released right there... the benzene compounds in the smoke are highly toxic, and links are being discovered to the cancer I have, and who knows what others?
    It's all Here. Now.

Duck Fonald
    And hand sanitizer makes a great fire starter.
    "It is what it is."

DJT on US Covid-19 deaths.

Rabid Lana Fan
    god, that's horrible...
    You no likey the song? Lana wrote a song about her time with Harvey Weinstein....her take on #MeToo is kinda different than some of the other girls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Great OC Tire Fire-ldr4.jpg  

NDD
    mtbr member
    Plant lives matter too (right NDD?) so we had juicy steaks for dinner tonight. Carry on...
    Hawg, what's a heterotrophic organism to do? You draw the line on how alike to your own self an organism is before you decide "yeah I'd eat that". Some people have different lines, obviously. I'm inclined to believe that if folks stop mentioning meat in that thread it'll be full of less vegan rhetoric. But that's not what you want!!!
    dang

NDD
    mtbr member
    god, that's horrible...
    Oof...

Also Pepsi Cola, damn I've never heard anything less attractive than that.
    dang

TOP TIER LURKER
    Hawg, what's a heterotrophic organism to do? You draw the line on how alike to your own self an organism is before you decide "yeah I'd eat that". Some people have different lines, obviously. I'm inclined to believe that if folks stop mentioning meat in that thread it'll be full of less vegan rhetoric. But that's not what you want!!!
    Other than the typical OC derailment that ALL OC THREADS suffer from, I'd say that the meatless thread is well established. If you want to see that thread become more locked into the topic, it should be moved to the "Nutrition and Hydration" page. Here, it's gonna get the "OC treatment", as it should. I have nothing against going meatless accept that I think those that do are nuts, but everyone is nuts in this peanut gallery so please don't take it personally. Plant lives matter.

Well that’s never going to happen with one member with the name Meat that frequents that thread.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Other than the typical OC derailment that ALL OC THREADS suffer from, I'd say that the meatless thread is well established. If you want to see that thread become more locked into the topic, it should be moved to the "Nutrition and Hydration" page. Here, it's gonna get the "OC treatment", as it should. I have nothing against going meatless accept that I think those that do are nuts, but everyone is nuts in this peanut gallery so please don't take it personally. Plant lives matter.
    You make a fair point, except that the thread has to do with nutrition unrelated to biking. More like sharing vegetarian recipes or food ideas and general lifestyle support.

And yes, plant lives matter. Is that why you're a proud carnivore?
    dang

TOP TIER LURKER
    You make a fair point, except that the thread has to do with nutrition unrelated to biking. More like sharing vegetarian recipes or food ideas and general lifestyle support.

And yes, plant lives matter. Is that why you're a proud carnivore?
    Oh, I'm not a Carnivore. I am an Omnivore. I enjoy plant consumption. And I do not feel bad about taking plant lives since animal lives are taken to produce the meats that I enjoy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I get it, some are vegan for a healthier diet. Others are vegan because they think no animal should sacrifice their life for human satisfaction. Which that thread is riddled full of.
    The health aspect is a nice side benefit for me. I just try to apply the golden rule to things that can suffer...if it would be an atrocity to do to humans it probably doesn't need to happen to animals so I can experience a flavor in my mouth.

mtbr member
    We all agree that society has a problem that's an unintended consequence of our own actions. My party's corporate donor base has a solution for that problem!

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Some dangerous carcinogens being released right there... the benzene compounds in the smoke are highly toxic, and links are being discovered to the cancer I have, and who knows what others?
    The links between benzene and the type of cancer I had are well established from a number of industrial exposures (particularly spills and various industrial accidents and whatnot).

mtbr member
    What is worse than a tire fire one may inquire?

An ebike fire. Not only do they inspire cheating, they are bogging down the trails and causing users to buy more Awesome Straps.
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

mtbr member
    Sodium Benzoate, a very common preservative, readily converts to benzene. Interestingly benzoic acid, naturally occurring and found in plants, can as well.

mtbr member
    E bikes are cool.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Alright cage match, JB vs the world who wins?
    Do I have to be naked?

mtbr member
    Right? Its just a discussion, I'll gladly change my mind on any subject if I am provided with evidence that shows what I currently believe is immoral/wrong/incorrect. I provide information that backs up what I believe, yet nobody has even attempted to illustrate why what I believe and how I act are immoral/wrong/incorrect.
    Morality is a social construct that varies by culture and time. I am not sure disagreeing with current/local moral standards necessarily makes one wrong.

For fun lets see what happens when we toss some Tesla batteries on the fire...

High Desert MTBer
    E bikes are cool.
    Not when burning...

Here's a useful tip for all the family: Never pat a burning dog, however awesome it is...
    It's all Here. Now.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Do I have to be naked?
    I... Uh... Didn't think you would be...
    dang

mtbr member
    Not when burning...

Here's a useful tip for all the family: Never pat a burning dog, however awesome it is...
    Yeah no joke. A neighbor down the road had half his garage blown to smithereens by a charging moped battery that exploded. The garage door ended up 50 feet away.

Hey, can I pick the dog up by it’s back legs and use it to stomp out the fire?
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Must of been one hell of a moped battery to produce that much hydrogen.
    Oh great! Now this thread is being hijacked by battery explosions and dog fires.

mtbr member
    Must of been one hell of a moped battery to produce that much hydrogen.
    Oh great! Now this thread is being hijacked by battery explosions and dog fires.
    Ya think it was a combination of defective charger and the garage was attached to house and turned into workshop with insulation and Sheetrock. So nice and tight with nowhere for explosion to go.

If you have a better direction for this wandering nomad of a thread, take it away
    Round and round we go

NDD
    mtbr member
    So I've ran a space heater from a power strip run off an extension cord for years and someone just told me that's dangerous. I'm inclined not to believe it.
    dang

Bikesexual
    No one wants to buy my 700x41 Surly tires.

Is this the right thread?
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Pipe Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post

I've got a set of mismatched road bike wheels with 3spd hub and Schwalbe tires nobody wants, so don't feel bad.

Pipe Dreamer
    So I've ran a space heater from a power strip run off an extension cord for years and someone just told me that's dangerous. I'm inclined not to believe it.
    I just ran that thru my Googler and this was the first result: https://onlinelearning.berkeley.edu/...Extension_Cord

Pipe Dreamer
    Ya think it was a combination of defective charger and the garage was attached to house and turned into workshop with insulation and Sheetrock. So nice and tight with nowhere for explosion to go.

If you have a better direction for this wandering nomad of a thread, take it away
    Guy across the street from my cousin blewed up his garage, was heating gas in a hot plate to clean car parts.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post

Wait what are we talking about here?
    dang

mtbr member
    A good friend of mine from back in high school uncle blew himself up and died while cleaning his basement floor with gasoline. When he told me the story I laughed as I didn't realize people that stupid survived into adulthood and figured he was joking.

My father worked for Garden State Fireworks. One of his good friends died a pretty gruesome death in an accidental explosion during step of the production process. From what I gather he lost most of his face and survived for 3 days before the inevitable.

mtbr member
    Guy across the street from my cousin blewed up his garage, was heating gas in a hot plate to clean car parts.
    Backwoods mechanics at its best
    Round and round we go

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    You no likey the song? Lana wrote a song about her time with Harvey Weinstein....her take on #MeToo is kinda different than some of the other girls.
    whoever the man on the left is looks like a nasty pig of a SOB who blows up the toilet every time he goes in and out of it. look at the expression of repulsion on the face of the woman sitting behind him.

High Desert MTBer
    Sure is sum dumfuks out there... Many years ago I had a band opening for us called City Boy. Their drummer had a 'trick' he would attempt during one song. He had a top hat thing wired up to a detonator, and on one song he would put it on and trigger it with his foot at the end of a drum roll. The thing would explode out of the top of his head. It did seem a little 'hit or miss' to me, and on the first day his roadie stepped on the switch as he was adjusting something on the kit, and the hat, which was sitting on the edge of the riser awaiting its moment, blew him off the side of the riser with hair aflame. The next day, the roadie put just a little too much powder in the hat, probably because his brains were scrambled after being blown up the day before, and the drummer almost had his neck broken by the blast when it did go off... That was the last time he used it on that tour...
    It's all Here. Now.

NDD
    mtbr member
    I just ran that thru my Googler and this was the first result: https://onlinelearning.berkeley.edu/...Extension_Cord
    Berkeley?!?! You can't trust ACADEMICS FROM CALIFORNIA.
    dang

High Desert MTBer
    Berkeley?!?! You can't trust ACADEMICS FROM CALIFORNIA.
    Well, you could actually use that thing as a starter for a tire fire...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Sure is sum dumfuks out there... Many years ago I had a band opening for us called City Boy. Their drummer had a 'trick' he would attempt during one song. He had a top hat thing wired up to a detonator, and on one song he would put it on and trigger it with his foot at the end of a drum roll. The thing would explode out of the top of his head. It did seem a little 'hit or miss' to me, and on the first day his roadie stepped on the switch as he was adjusting something on the kit, and the hat, which was sitting on the edge of the riser awaiting its moment, blew him off the side of the riser with hair aflame. The next day, the roadie put just a little too much powder in the hat, probably because his brains were scrambled after being blown up the day before, and the drummer almost had his neck broken by the blast when it did go off... That was the last time he used it on that tour...
    I wonder if that would work with condoms?

well mannered lout
    I wonder if that would work with condoms?
    " For her pleasure."
    Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    I've got a set of mismatched road bike wheels with 3spd hub and Schwalbe tires nobody wants, so don't feel bad.
    My old Garmin 500 is fetching zilch on the local ads...

mtbr member
    The article is a bit conservative in it's approach. One can easily find extension cords that can handle a space heater. An extension cord is wire. Wire feeds a wall outlet. What is important is the gauge and length of the wire.

Here is a cord that would work on any 15 amp circuit:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-9-ft...-738/100672802

Similarly, there are industrial plug strips that would work too, but its probably not a good idea to use the basic Walmart plug strip.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCheesehead View Post
    The article is a bit conservative in it's approach. One can easily find extension cords that can handle a space heater. An extension cord is wire. Wire feeds a wall outlet. What is important is the gauge and length of the wire.

Here is a cord that would work on any 15 amp circuit:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-9-ft...-738/100672802

Similarly, there are industrial plug strips that would work too, but its probably not a good idea to use the basic Walmart plug strip.
    Agreed.
    Personally if the cord is nick and kink free I'd give the power strip and cord a good grab an hour into running the running the heater. If they aren't warm I wouldn't sweat it. On that note and especially in an older home it wouldn't hurt to physically check the breaker and see if it's hot when drawing lots of amps. Some quick math to make sure you're under %80 isn't a bad idea either. Fires are no fun.

Darwin Award goes to:

NDD
    mtbr member
    Ok, question with obvious answer, would you rather loose both arms, both legs, or your genitals?
    dang

mtbr member
    Ok, question with obvious answer, would you rather loose both arms, both legs, or your genitals?
    Ok question
    What do you call a guy you find laying by your front door with no arms and legs?
    Round and round we go

Wanna ride bikes?
    Both legs.

But, I'll elaborate on that. If I were going to lose only one limb I'd rather lose an arm. Both? Legs.

Ok question
    What do you call a guy you find laying by your front door with no arms and legs?
    Matt
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

Wanna ride bikes?
    I also think it's funny that those ridiculous questions ^^^ are what got me to finally reply to this thread. Why?
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    Both legs.

But, I'll elaborate on that. If I were going to lose only one limb I'd rather lose an arm. Both? Legs.
    So you'd rather ride one of those arm pedaled cycles than a unicycle? I'd rather just lose my pecker.
    dang

Straight out tha traila
    Entering an OC tire fire thread be like.........

some weird crazed desert dweller.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Q: what do you do with a dog that has lost all four legs?

A: take it out for a drag.

Wanna ride bikes?
    So you'd rather ride one of those arm pedaled cycles than a unicycle? I'd rather just lose my pecker.
    Speak for yourself, I'm not done using mine thank you very much.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    Speak for yourself, I'm not done using mine thank you very much.
    I only speak for myself. There's like a 60% chance I the up pulling a Christ Bearer incident, but without jumping off a building.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northstar_(rap_group)
    dang

High Desert MTBer
    Speaking of tire fires, I hear Kanye found Jeebus... he looked in the mirror...

Apparently he told him he's the most worthy artist created by god...
    It's all Here. Now.

Cycologist
    I only speak for myself. There's like a 60% chance I the up pulling a Christ Bearer incident, but without jumping off a building.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northstar_(rap_group)
    makes my current condition seem pretty minor

mtbr member
    makes my current condition seem pretty minor
    Seems unfortunate.
    Whenever I take PCP to destress and relax I don't end up cutting off my own penis. That may have been the weirdest Wikipedia excerpt I've ever read, they kinda just snuck that in there in the end.

A lopoffectomy.

NDD
    mtbr member
    A lopoffectomy.
    If you insist on being technical!
    dang

Cycologist
    Seems unfortunate.
    Whenever I take PCP to destress and relax I don't end up cutting off my own penis. That may have been the weirdest Wikipedia excerpt I've ever read, they kinda just snuck that in there in the end.
    I'm sure that worked well in relaxing the restraining orders that were keeping him from seeing his children.

NDD
    mtbr member
    I'm sure that worked well in relaxing the restraining orders that were keeping him from seeing his children.
    He probably got full ownership. They just rewrote the birth certificate with his name in place of mother and father.
    dang