REALLY?

GREAT NEWS - awsome weekend: New bike, house, and pet

WOW, I may get my dream garage after all. To start with, I have a friend I've known 15 or so years, he is a very awesome guy, sort like an adopted dad, he has always treated me as if I was one of his sons. In fact, thats how we met, I was 25 years old, and his sons were mid-way through high school, and I met his sons in the old neighborhood riding BMX bikes as I did, so his sons became some of my riding buddys, and the rest is history. His Dad died a while back and left him a two acres spread with a nice house on it. Anyway, its in Kern County, we live in Ventura County, anyway, he wants me to live there and look after the place at least for a few years....

RENT FREE - yeah, you read it right, RENT FREE!!!

He also loaned me the bucks to buy this Gary Fisher I bought for parts for my GT Psyclone build...has all XTR, Raceface Cranks, CK Headset, Cane Creek Hubs/wheels, Syncros bars/seatpost, etc, etc - shweeeet

GREAT NEWS - awsome weekend: New bike, house, and pet-picture-001.jpg

GREAT NEWS - awsome weekend: New bike, house, and pet-picture-002.jpg

A mutual friend of ours got an apartment w/ no pets allowed - so, my friend reluctantly took the cat in and asked me if I wanted it. So, we contacted our mutual friend to ask if I could have it, and it was a go - so, I have a new friend, her name is Salina - but I call her "kittie" - force of habit, I name all my cats kittie.

GREAT NEWS - awsome weekend: New bike, house, and pet-picture-007.jpg

GREAT NEWS - awsome weekend: New bike, house, and pet-picture-011.jpg

As far as dream garage, I think I'm going to hang up the GT Richter 8.0 and replace it with a vintage Zaskar, then I was have all three of GT's flagship team/pro (or whatever wanna call them) bikes.
    Last edited by jeffgothro; 05-13-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member

cool deal !

sounds like your set just put that money your not using for rent to good use, nice looking bike and cat also congrats.
    surly karate monkey
    surly ogre

REALLY?
    Thanks, I appreciate more than you know bro. And yeah, rent=bike parts - of course. It's so nice to finally get a break you know, I can hardly believe it myself. Its been a lifelong dream of mine. Thanks again.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

Is not amused
    Good for you Jeff! Good deal, nice bike and cat.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Feels good to hit the lottery once in a while, huh?
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Not to be a stick in the mud, but since it seems you have your bike built up pretty much where you want it....

Id suggest using these couple of rent free years in a constructive manner. Pretend you have to pay rent and put that money in a savings account. By the time you need or want to move you should have a pretty hefty downpayment ready for a nice house. Once again, not trying to rain on anybodys parade but im only 27 and im already wishing I would have saved more money than I have.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

AZ
    banned
    Congrats on the new ride, put that saved rent money in the bank or under your mattress.

Beer Me!
    Some may say "Karma's a b!tch" but in your case you must have saved some puppies or helped a lot of old ladies cross the street. Congrads
    "Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

REALLY?
    Thanks everyone for the well-wishes and suggestions, I sure appreciate it.

All fat, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    Not to be a stick in the mud, but since it seems you have your bike built up pretty much where you want it....

Id suggest using these couple of rent free years in a constructive manner. Pretend you have to pay rent and put that money in a savings account. By the time you need or want to move you should have a pretty hefty downpayment ready for a nice house. Once again, not trying to rain on anybodys parade but im only 27 and im already wishing I would have saved more money than I have.
    This!!

Huckin' trails
    Congrats on the new house !
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    pay it forward my friend..pay it forward.
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

Members who have read this thread: 0