got kitchen knives??- Mtbr.com
    ~ B A D A S S ~

got kitchen knives??

I have these.

I custom made one for myself, its my best one. scandinavian curly birch (extreme)/turkish walnut/lower grade curly birch, oiled with about 20 layers (1 month soak in total) chinese tung oil (this is the best oil since it hardens to a polymer plastic). Blade is mac jap aus [email protected] I believe. good real life combo. I chose this as my personal one so guess my priorities here. Gets scary scary sharp...

Then I have (sometimes, store-) bought knives. A mac dimpled one that is cryoed, very nice and heavy, I also have a very low number handmade japanese pattern welded (aka damascus) one that is bad ass, the edge/core is vg10, I can't make knives better than this myself so this is good handywork, but then again my knife does not show metal anywhere on the grip, the wood wraps all around, these are not scales like the good jap knife, the tang is in the middle of the handle and I spent 5 hours filing that slot. In all 3 pieces of wood. and the bolster is high grade, hard, titanium that I filed to shape.

Yeah the custom jap damasuc knife is good, no doubt about it but mine is better. also the mac dimpled santoku is pretty bad ass, but not 100% badass. But its good.

Then I have a victorinox santoku, swiss made ****. this knife gets very sharp and all but its not really high performance if you ask me. Its softer than the others and its not really that egonomic even though I sanded it and put 10 layers of oil on it, but hey it was half price so I bought it.

got kitchen knives??-knives.jpg
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    I have these.

I custom made one for myself, its my best one. scandinavian curly birch (extreme)/turkish walnut/lower grade curly birch, oiled with about 20 layers (1 month soak in total) chinese tung oil (this is the best oil since it hardens to a polymer plastic). Blade is mac jap aus [email protected] I believe. good real life combo. I chose this as my personal one so guess my priorities here. Gets scary scary sharp...

Then I have (sometimes, store-) bought knives. A mac dimpled one that is cryoed, very nice and heavy, I also have a very low number handmade japanese pattern welded (aka damascus) one that is bad ass, the edge/core is vg10, I can't make knives better than this myself so this is good handywork, but then again my knife does not show metal anywhere on the grip, the wood wraps all around, these are not scales like the good jap knife, the tang is in the middle of the handle and I spent 5 hours filing that slot. In all 3 pieces of wood. and the bolster is high grade, hard, titanium that I filed to shape.

Yeah the custom jap damasuc knife is good, no doubt about it but mine is better. also the mac dimpled santoku is pretty bad ass, but not 100% badass. But its good.

Then I have a victorinox santoku, swiss made ****. this knife gets very sharp and all but its not really high performance if you ask me. Its softer than the others and its not really that egonomic even though I sanded it and put 10 layers of oil on it, but hey it was half price so I bought it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knives.JPG 
Views:	435 
Size:	406.9 KB 
ID:	939026
    Nice, Car Bone. I appreciates a good knife myself. The scary sharper the better!

High Desert MTBer
    My wife would have no fingers left if she had these...
    It's all Here. Now.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Hey ray I you gotta look into the "spyderco sharpmaker" really good sharpening system, really easy to use, and about 3000 us grit and 800 us grit trinagle stones. I cut half of my finger off with the victorinox after that. just saying. beware.. Its not toys.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Specialized sucks ass.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    My wife would have no fingers left if she had these...
    Maybe half of them.. or all of them half working

Specialized sucks ass.

I didn't do it
    First it was kitchen pans and now knives. I can hardly wait to see what the next kitchen item is car bone. Bowls maybe?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

GONE
    Nov 2008
    If I give you a set of human ribs, could you make a set of knife handles out of them and then attach some blades? I've also got a skull to use as a knife holder. In fact, the skull already has several perfect holes in it to hold each knife.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    First it was kitchen pans and now knives. I can hardly wait to see what the next kitchen item is car bone. Bowls maybe?
    **** that. You know god damn well I don't even give a F about those things. Pans I like and have good ones of, really nice durable ones to be honest.

Knives I like more, and even make my own (one a year, really pro there.. ), but I can assure you, there will be no other ****ing kitchen utensils threads from me. And I'm serious too, oddly enough. but yeah thanks for taking care of me, chacking up on me, not letting me spin out of control, destroying the whole planet as I went along.

Specialized sucks ass.

I didn't do it
    **** that. You know god damn well I don't even give a F about those things. Pans I like and have good ones of, really nice durable ones to be honest.

Knives I like more, and even make my own (one a year, really pro there.. ), but I can assure you, there will be no other ****ing kitchen utensils threads from me. And I'm serious too, oddly enough. but yeah thanks for taking care of me, chacking up on me, not letting me spin out of control, destroying the whole planet as I went along.
    So you're saying there will be no bowl threads then?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

~ B A D A S S ~
    and to be honest i think its your, or possible hawgs call, as to what discuss next out of kitchen utensils (threads).

I, and maybe its only me, think that the actual knives are in fact not, related, to regular kitchen utensils, since these can be either high performance or extremely low performance tools, depending on the operator/owner.

But this is the ****ing kitchen knife thread. AND I actually spent at least 30 hours (of hard ****ing labor) making my personal knife, and then i didn't even grind the blade, nor heat treat the blade, nor actually 100% know what the blade is made of (but I guess quite good) .

**** that I'm gonna go smoke some x now.

All yopu hatyerz

Specialized sucks ass.

~ B A D A S S ~
    So you're saying there will be no bowl threads then?
    No.

But i'm at least 50% sure they won't come from me.

Specialized sucks ass.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    and to be honest i think its your, or possible hawgs call, as to what discuss next out of kitchen utensils (threads).

I, and maybe its only me, think that the actual knives are in fact not, related, to regular kitchen utensils, since these can be either high performance or extremely low performance tools, depending on the operator/owner.

But this is the ****ing kitchen knife thread. AND I actually spent at least 30 hours (of hard ****ing labor) making my personal knife, and then i didn't even grind the blade, nor heat treat the blade, nor actually 100% know what the blade is made of (but I guess quite good) .

All yopu hatyerz
    Whoa there horsey! Go use your badass knives (yes, they are rad!) and go carve up a side of beef or something.

I didn't do it

All yopu hatyerz

Ok, Ok if not bowls then how about small kitchen appliances?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

~ B A D A S S ~

Ok, Ok if not bowls then how about small kitchen appliances?
    What kind??

Specialized sucks ass.

I didn't do it
    What kind??
    I'm thinking mixers, food processors, etc.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Rabid Lana Fan
    Here's my submission to this thread. My knives aren't nearly as sleek and slick as Car Bone's, but hey, at least there's a watch in the picture.

If you're not sure why there's a watch in the picture, consult with Gordon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails got kitchen knives??-kitchen-knives.jpg  

rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Here's my submission to this thread. My knives aren't nearly as sleek and slick as Car Bone's, but hey, at least there's a watch in the picture.

Yeah man good that you got a watch in there. MCS-style!!

Specialized sucks ass.

****** to the dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    If I give you a set of human ribs, could you make a set of knife handles out of them and then attach some blades? I've also got a skull to use as a knife holder. In fact, the skull already has several perfect holes in it to hold each knife.
    Alright what did you do to tones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

Wanna Ride Bikes?
    Jun 2014
    I've got a really good church key.
    Hold my beer and watch this!

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post

Gordon, could you please chime in on this matter?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Rabid Lana Fan
    Gordon, could you please chime in on this matter?
    http://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-of...es-935239.html
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

I didn't do it
    Ah yes, of course. Gordon was right on point.

And well done net!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted