bust a move

Good week for miracles

They might not be true miracles but last week a private plane crashed into a FL grocery store at dinner time, a Navy fighter jet crashes into a VA apartment complex on good friday and the 9th most populated area in the US (Dallas/Ft.Worth) was hit by numerous tornadoes damaging or destroying nearly 1000 homes and businesses, All without the loss of a single life.

The pilot in the grocery store crash was burned badly and may not survive but all in all there were many fortunate people last week.

AZ
    banned
    The instructor pilot in the F-18 crash should be recieve many medals for his actions to minimize the collateral damage, that accident had the potential to be many magnitudes worse than it was. My two cents.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You know... life is not an on/off switch. Sometimes you get caught in-between and I think that's worse than death.

Say I get into a horrific accident that paralyzes my whole body and/or I'm a vegetable for the rest of my life. Although I have a superb long term care insurance policy, I don't think life wins over death in this case.

This severely burned pilot. If that were me, I prefer death. My wife would get a handsome life insurance benefit and I don't have to live in pain, nor does she have to care for me with a handicap. That's not the life she deserves.

So even if people don't die, I always think about those who are severely injured, disfigured, or brain damaged. Not dying isn't always the best case scenario.

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    You know... life is not an on/off switch. Sometimes you get caught in-between and I think that's worse than death.
    So even if people don't die, I always think about those who are severely injured, disfigured, or brain damaged. Not dying isn't always the best case scenario.

Going on 10 years ago I had a high-speed motorcycle crash. 12 days in the ICU was nothing and I'm all better now, but ask my wife how thrilled she was to wife my ass for a few weeks while both wrists were in casts. We were lucky.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

bust a move
    Update:

Both occupants of the private plane (pilot & passenger) have been released from the hospital and are recovering back in Illinois.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i remember an old batman episode where batman and robin were flying in a plane (or copter) that was crashing. they landed on a mattress truck.

did this plane aim for the paper towels?

sorry, didnt mean to make light of this. carry on!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    That was a true miracle

Members who have read this thread: 0