Formula 1 fans thread- Mtbr.com
    Former Bike Wrench

Formula 1 fans thread

I am a big F1 fan and have been since my father took me to Long Beach in 1983 and I watched John Watson and Nikki Lauda go first and second for McLaren. I have been a McLaren fan ever since through thick and thin. I am a greater fan to the team than to individual drivers. However, my favorite drivers were all McLaren drivers at one time or another (Senna being the obvious #1 but I am also a fan of Hakkinen whom I watch win his final race of his career.

If your a fan of F1 then please add to this thread.

mtbr member
    Considering the popularity of THIS THREAD, I would guess there are a few F1 fans around these forums.

Or Ayrton Senna anyways.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Carbon & Ti rule
    Hi,
    I'm a F1 fan & Like McLaren team as well, I own Bruce's Mini Cooper that he raced in the early 60's
    I have been to watch F1 in Melborne with the McLaren trust & being there with Bruce's sister was quite cool as well.

I'm getting a bit Pi$$ed about the racing at the moment, I don't think that the drivers are as close as the times make it look at the moment.

I just think that the tyres are so weak at the moment that the fast guys just can't push hard so the slower drivers can keep up.

As for starting with enough fuel to finish the race, Who wants to watch any car go around the track 9 seconds a lap slower than it can go so the tyres don't die.

Just my 2 c
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

No Stranger to danger....
    Sorry, Formula 1 racing is the most boring **** house excuse for a sport on the face of the earth, its the sort of stuff they play to prisoners in Guantunimo bay to get the inmates to flip out n lose the plot n to confess to things they havnt done, n ive heard it works aswell ,cheers, id rather cut myself 1000 times n roll around in salt for fun, but what ever floats your boat, horses for courses hey, cheers

mtbr member
    I went to the race in Korea last year when I was stationed there and it was a pretty good time. I can see how watching it on TV would be boring though. Being there in the stands hearing and feeling the engines shift gears then whine off into the straight stretches was pretty awesome. Hoping to go to the race in Austin, TX this year.

tl1
    Bicyclist

I root for Kimi

Kimi Räikkönen is the man! I'm super excited to see Lotus getting Kimi's car and Romain's car sorted out and them doing doing really well. I hope they continue to improve and finish the season well.

Is anyone here going to the US GP in Austin TX? Last time I looked there were still tickets available. I haven't seen an F1 race in person since the 1980s when they ran on a street course in Detroit.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    Sorry, Formula 1 racing is the most boring **** house excuse for a sport on the face of the earth, its the sort of stuff they play to prisoners in Guantunimo bay to get the inmates to flip out n lose the plot n to confess to things they havnt done, n ive heard it works aswell ,cheers, id rather cut myself 1000 times n roll around in salt for fun, but what ever floats your boat, horses for courses hey, cheers
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Nascar racing?

Former Bike Wrench
    Then start your own thread for watching 40 of the exact same cars turn left for four hours...

This thread is for FANS...which you clearly are not

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by tl1 View Post
    Is anyone here going to the US GP in Austin TX? Last time I looked there were still tickets available. I haven't seen an F1 race in person since the 1980s when they ran on a street course in Detroit.
    I bought advance reserved tickets for my wife/boys/myself in grandstand 12 back in June for the Austin, TX race. Super-stoked. This will be my first Formula 1 race. I am very excited. I just hope I can get autographs for my boys—Michael Schumacher, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Kïmï Räïkönnën, Sebastien Vettel, Mark Webber, Norlando Alfonso, etc. Going to be a long three-day weekend in Austin, I just hope it’s not going to be in the 90°s or 100°s with 95% humidity while we’re there.
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Dude, you’re Australian for fook’s sake. Don’t tell me you think NASCAR is cool. V8 touring cars are WAAAAY more exciting than our yank “go left all day” crap. Surely you must have an inkling of excitement about F1??? You’re bloody kidding yourself mate.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    I bought advance reserved tickets for my wife/boys/myself in grandstand 12 back in June for the Austin, TX race. Super-stoked. This will be my first Formula 1 race. I am very excited. I just hope I can get autographs for my boys—Michael Schumacher, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Kïmï Räïkönnën, Sebastien Vettel, Mark Webber, Norlando Alfonso, etc. Going to be a long three-day weekend in Austin, I just hope it’s not going to be in the 90°s or 100°s with 95% humidity while we’re there.
    The chances of getting any were near the drivers is very slim
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

Former Bike Wrench
    The drivers are much less accessible than in US based racing series so autographs are hard to come by. Though my last year at Indy in 2003 they had some autograph sessions. However, be prepared to be absolutely amazed by the cars in person. TV simply does not show how incredibly awesome the sound of an engine revving to 18k RPM (I heard them at over 20K a few years back) is. And the braking points are INSANE, you can't even imagine how fast they are going at the end of the strait and yet continue full throttle till the very last moment before the CF brakes kick in. Indy Car is totally minor league compared to F1 (and frankly even GP2).

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72 View Post
    The drivers are much less accessible than in US based racing series so autographs are hard to come by. Though my last year at Indy in 2003 they had some autograph sessions. However, be prepared to be absolutely amazed by the cars in person. TV simply does not show how incredibly awesome the sound of an engine revving to 18k RPM (I heard them at over 20K a few years back) is. And the braking points are INSANE, you can't even imagine how fast they are going at the end of the strait and yet continue full throttle till the very last moment before the CF brakes kick in. Indy Car is totally minor league compared to F1 (and frankly even GP2).
    We (boys, wife and I) got to experience close-range the adrenaline-pumping sound of several years worth of Ferrari F1 engines at speed/throttle two years ago at the Ferrari Racing Days series at Laguna Seca Raceway here in California. Sent tingles up my spine every time the cars went around the circuit.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    The drivers are much less accessible than in US based racing series so autographs are hard to come by. Though my last year at Indy in 2003 they had some autograph sessions.
    Thought had crossed my mind. We’re there for three days—both the P1 and P2 sessions, and the P3 and qualifying, in addition to the race on Sunday. Hoping by some snowball’s chance in hell to get some autographs. I was pretty certain a few of those guys—being ambassadors for the introduction of karting to young kids—still are excited that young kids think they’re superheroes. We’ll see in November.

~Disc~Golf~
    Why is it that the drivers are so inaccessible?
    Honestly... ahh I give up

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    Why is it that the drivers are so inaccessible?
    In a way, they’re sort of like roadies—uptight for reasons that the average person cannot understand.

The need for singlespeed
    I certainly appreciate the most technologically advanced auto racing on earth, but I haven't been a consistent follower. Lacking cable TV (or any TV, for that matter) doesn't help.

I do appreciate some of the fun facts, like how F1 engines don't have valve springs, rather operate pneumatically because no valve spring can function at 18000 rpm. And how F1 cars develop enough downforce at 130 mph that they can drive on the underside of a tunnel without falling.

I have a buddy who often wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the races live.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by zaskaranddriver View Post
    I certainly appreciate the most technologically advanced auto racing on earth, but I haven't been a consistent follower. Lacking cable TV (or any TV, for that matter) doesn't help.

I do appreciate some of the fun facts, like how F1 engines don't have valve springs, rather operate pneumatically because no valve spring can function at 18000 rpm. And how F1 cars develop enough downforce at 130 mph that they can drive on the underside of a tunnel without falling.

I have a buddy who often wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the races live.
    superseeds.org <-- can download the races there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    As funny as it sounds, Gran turismo 5 is what got me into watching and keeping up with F1 racing. In the game, F1 is where it's most competitive online.

I have the utmost respect for these drivers. Most people could not comprehend what determination and conditioning these guys have attained.

As for the guy with the negative post...go watch some more nascar and wwe smackdown!

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife417 View Post
    As for the guy with the negative post...go watch some more nascar and wwe smackdown!
    *Biting my tongue so hard here*
    Just sayin' in the NASCAR thread we don't demean other motorsports.

I have a great respect for F1 drivers and the insane technology - as well as dirt trackers, rally racers, super moto, moto-cross - ...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I understand my statement was a little demeaning and stereotypical . I've actually gone to a couple nascar races. There's definitely lot's of skill to it with adapting to banks and drafting/rubbing each other.

Apples and oranges.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    *Biting my tongue so hard here*
    Just sayin' in the NASCAR thread we don't demean other motorsports.

I have a great respect for F1 drivers and the insane technology - as well as dirt trackers, rally racers, super moto, moto-cross - ...
    Nascar is still boring to watch on the Tee-Vee. Then you have the conservative redneck racist factor and the fact that the cars are nowhere near "stock cars" they're tube framed racing cars but are still bloated heavy tanks. It's just not my cup of tea thanks. If expressing how I feel about Nascar is interpreted as "demeaning" so be it. You are still free to enjoy the sport.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NHbgHWIR5kc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Nascar is still boring to watch on the Tee-Vee. Then you have the conservative redneck racist factor and the fact that the cars are nowhere near "stock cars" they're tube framed racing cars but are still bloated heavy tanks. It's just not my cup of tea thanks. If expressing how I feel about Nascar is interpreted as "demeaning" so be it. You are still free to enjoy the sport.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NHbgHWIR5kc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
    Exactly the foundation of my reasoning behind having no interest in NASCRAP.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I refer to NASCAR as "high speed mobile circular advertising" instead of racing. Formula 1 is racing. If you aren't pushing the boundaries of man and machine, you're just pushing company logos. There's a reason why F1 is a world sport and NASCAR is a USA sport.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Agreed. The closest any fan gets to F1 drivers is on twitter.

mtbr member
    Long time F1 fan here, already have my tickets for the Austin GP later this year.

F1 drivers are as accessible as NBA athletes, wouldn't you say?

I used to work in professional racing for several years with a BMW team running Grand Am and Nascar is even worse as far as fan accesible. I was in full dress crews at a race at Sonoma where we were a support race for Nascar's road race, and I had all my credentials, etc and I'm on a pit vehicle trying to get to the media center to pick up a package and I couldn't get down there until the driver's and team management had cleared out of the area on gotten on their helicopters for the 20 minute trip back to San Francisco.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

local trails rider
    I hear Kimi Räikkönen at least used to booze at a bar not too far from where I'm sitting now... Not quite sure how he spends his off days now. He looks a bit more relaxed during work occasions now ... but still sounds more monotonous when speaking, than even most other Finns.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

The need for singlespeed
    Quote Originally Posted by sumgai View Post
    If you aren't pushing the boundaries of man and machine...
    Come on now, be fair. They're pushing the boundaries of the solid axle rear suspension.

crap magnet
    My boss hails from Europe and is sending a couple of us to Italy next month. Like that's not cool enough, he's also gotten us tix to the Italian Grand Prix in Monza. I've never followed F1 racing and have no earthly idea what to expect but I'm super excited to check it out. I've got the Aryton Senna documentary in my Netflix que. I suspect that'll be the extent of my F1 knowledge come race day.
    Last edited by cdaddy; 08-04-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaddy View Post
    My boss hails from Europe and is sending a couple of us to Italy next month. Like that's not cool enough, he's also gotten us tix to the Italian Grand Prix in Monza. I've never followed F1 racing and have no earthly idea what to expect but am super excited to check it out. I've got the Aryton Senna documentary in my Netflix que. I suspect that'll be the extent of my F1 knowledge come race day.
    The noise will blow your mind.

Take good ear muffs & radio with air plug type head phones, They commentate the race to a radio station so you can tune in.

This is what I did & with the radio on full when the cars were 100 meters away you can't hear the radio, they are that loud.

crap magnet
    The noise will blow your mind.

Take good ear muffs & radio with air plug type head phones, They commentate the race to a radio station so you can tune in.

This is what I did & with the radio on full when the cars were 100 meters away you can't hear the radio, they are that loud.
    Good to know and will do - thanks for the advice.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

Then start your own thread for watching 40 of the exact same cars turn left for four hours...

This thread is for FANS...which you clearly are not
    LOL, Can you point out please where i said i liked Nascar,

why would anybody race around a oval shaped track for extended periods, n why do people watch it, how did this thread turn into me liking nascar, thats worse than F1, Nascar is mind numbingly painfull n no matter how many times i see it i just dont get the point of it at all, cheers

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Exactly the foundation of my reasoning behind having no interest in NASCRAP.
    I'm seeing some negative reps from Nascar fans that aren't happy with saying that the Nascar fan base is indeed inclusive of a lot of racists. No one can deny that it's seen by many as the last bastion of sport where white people can still reign supreme as the stars and where blacks in particular are not welcomed at the events as spectators. In fact that may be a major draw for the sport. Maybe some of you, like Brewtality, see this as "stereotypical" but it really can't be denied because that's maybe not the prevailing culture in NASCAR but it's certainly tolerated and I have no interest in supporting such backwardness.

Lewis Hamilton would not be very welcomed by fans in Nascar in my opinion even though he's a super star in F1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~Disc~Golf~
    Wow, you guys are really getting butthurt over NASCAR bigots and are wrecking your F1 thread with political and racial crap.

Snap out of it guys! - Remember - Motorsports - it's awesome!!
    Don't let trolls get to ya!

FWIW - I know this isn't F1, news but this happened today @ Pocono - unfortunate
    UPDATE: Fan killed; nine injured by lightning after Pocono race | From the Marbles - Yahoo! Sports

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I hear Jaun Montoya was originally a white hick from South Carolina.

The amount of fans that would have a problem with Hamilton driving in Nascar are probably around the same amount of racist around the world that have a problem with him in F1. Lots of racist jackasses watch F1 too.

They have had a few black drivers in Nascar the last being in the Truck series a few years ago. I don't remember any body burning crosses in the infields when he was running. Nascar has become a bit more tolerate over the years.

There haven't been a lot of blacks in Nascar because there haven't been a lot of blacks in motorsports period.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Check out youtube for Turbo F1 Engines - How They Started
    If your a gearhead it's quite interesting.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by canker View Post

The amount of fans that would have a problem with Hamilton driving in Nascar are probably around the same amount of racist around the world that have a problem with him in F1. Lots of racist jackasses watch F1 too.

They have had a few black drivers in Nascar the last being in the Truck series a few years ago. I don't remember any body burning crosses in the infields when he was running. Nascar has become a bit more tolerate over the years.

There haven't been a lot of blacks in Nascar because there haven't been a lot of blacks in motorsports period.
    Thank You!

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Dude, you’re Australian for fook’s sake. Don’t tell me you think NASCAR is cool. V8 touring cars are WAAAAY more exciting than our yank “go left all day” crap.
    The V8 Super cars from down under will be racing at the US GP in Texas so more Americans will be able to be exposed to a different kind of large V-8 "stock" car kind of racing. One that is not homegrown but whose global fan base expansion and future revenue possibilities aren't limited to only white American people, presumably.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Whaaaaaat? Nooooo, don't take ear defenders or plugs or anything else to block out the sound. You. Any go to a GP with those cars screaming past and block the sound out.
    I was at Silverstone this year, as I've been regularly for the last 10 years. You either love F1 or hate F1. I happen to be a lover. It's always the driver over the team for me, although to see an all British driver line up in my favourite team is certainly a bonus. I'm moving out to California end of this year, so I'm gonna have to try and find my F1 fix somehow. Each to their own, but I just don't get Indy car or NASCAR. Going round in circles with cautions every couple of laps doesn't do it for me. The fact that F1 drivers tend to go over to the US when they either can't get a drive or they retire from F1 says it all to me. As said earlier though, horses for courses.

Tapped via tapatalk

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
    Whaaaaaat? Nooooo, don't take ear defenders or plugs or anything else to block out the sound. You. Any go to a GP with those cars screaming past and block the sound out.
    I was at Silverstone this year, as I've been regularly for the last 10 years. You either love F1 or hate F1. I happen to be a lover. It's always the driver over the team for me, although to see an all British driver line up in my favourite team is certainly a bonus. I'm moving out to California end of this year, so I'm gonna have to try and find my F1 fix somehow. Each to their own, but I just don't get Indy car or NASCAR. Going round in circles with cautions every couple of laps doesn't do it for me. The fact that F1 drivers tend to go over to the US when they either can't get a drive or they retire from F1 says it all to me. As said earlier though, horses for courses.

Tapped via tapatalk
    The rattling of your insides when you stand close to the track as they go past is something I have never felt at any other motor sport event.
    ( well in the Rally car once when we filped it end for end Backwards & then rolled 4 times after that at 130 mph, did rattle the insides abit )

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by canker View Post

There are black drivers in NASCAR you just don't hear much about them for fear of alienating their core audience. Once NASCAR has its own "Tiger Woods" with a long string of major wins expect its popularity to plummet in the USA.

AZ
    banned
    There are black drivers in NASCAR you just don't hear much about them for fear of alienating their core audience. Once NASCAR has its own "Tiger Woods" with a long string of major wins expect its popularity to plummet in the USA.

I remember hearing the same BS about women racing in NASCAR and you can see how many viewers they lost now that women regularly compete. You're statements in this thread exhibit an ignorance of a magnitude rarely seen on these boards.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    I remember hearing the same BS about women racing in NASCAR and you can see how many viewers they lost now that women regularly compete. You're statements in this thread exhibit an ignorance of a magnitude rarely seen on these boards.
    Well you certainly don't see many black women driving in NASCAR and the women drivers get far more PR and press coverage than the black male drivers do. The only black female NASCAR driver I've ever heard of is Tia Norfleet who looks like a top fashion model. Who can blame NASCAR for pushing that agenda because the female drivers are great publicity and advertisements for a sport where most of the fan base are horndog males. Black male drivers however are not great publicity in a sport where a great number of fans are white folks that don't care for black folks. Mainly they don't care for black males with their supposed baggy pants, rap music and taking all the white wimmin.

It's a free country so it's OK to patronize a sport that tolerates racism but if you do, at least have the cajones to not pretend like it doesn't happen and just own up to it.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Nice strawman, how many black females are driving in Formula 1? How many females on the grid in the last F1 race? What a tool.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Nice strawman, how many black females are driving in Formula 1? How many females on the grid in the last F1 race? What a tool.
    None that I'm aware of but perhaps F-1 doesn't need gimmicks like a special Drive to Diversity program to deflect attention away from a lack of racial diversity and a surplus of racial animosity like Nascar does. I don't recall hearing about F-1 fans wearing racial epithets on their t-shirts and being proud of it and F-1 tolerating it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    You're statements in this thread exhibit an ignorance of a magnitude rarely seen on these boards.
    This is typical tl1. He grabs an idea, not matter how absurd it maybe to everybody else and runs with it. Its nothing new for him. He has a great ability to absolutely destroy potentially great threads.
    Quite disappointing really. I had high hopes for this thread being a valuable tool in educating me better about the awesomeness of F1. Instead it has been completely derailed by a bunch of elitests trying to prove their motorsport is better than NASCAR.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    This is typical tl1. He grabs an idea, not matter how absurd it maybe to everybody else and runs with it. Its nothing new for him. He has a great ability to absolutely destroy potentially great threads.
    Quite disappointing really. I had high hopes for this thread being a valuable tool in educating me better about the awesomeness of F1. Instead it has been completely derailed by a bunch of elitests trying to prove their motorsport is better than NASCAR.
    This is classic Brewtality. He has no counter points at all so resorts to personal attacks and neg-repping. The only thing keeping the NASCAR discussion going in this thread is the NASCAR fans furiously denying the reality about the sport. From this point forward though I'm going to just conclude that you guys all know the reality but just don't care about it.
    I'll graciously allow you all to continue living in your fantasy world and won't post anymore here about NASCAR.

~Disc~Golf~
    It's a free country so it's OK to patronize a sport that tolerates racism but if you do, at least have the cajones to not pretend like it doesn't happen and just own up to it.
    Where - EXACTLY- do you get that NASCAR tolerates (or in your implied language, condones) racism - because of a fan that wore a NNN shirt? Or that Biden/Obama wives got boo'd (that can happen most anywhere)
    Brad Daugherty want's to know..

Speakin of outfits, - there's a few stupid white people into 'black sports'

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Where - EXACTLY- do you get that NASCAR tolerates (or in your implied language, condones) racism - because of a fan that wore a NNN shirt? Or that Biden/Obama wives got boo'd (that can happen most anywhere)
    Brad Daugherty want's to know..

Speakin of outfits, - there's a few stupid white people into 'black sports'
    I said I wouldn't discuss the N word any more in this thread but...in your mind basketball is a "black" sport that justifies having your own "white" sport?

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    The V8 Super cars from down under will be racing at the US GP in Texas so more Americans will be able to be exposed to a different kind of large V-8 "stock" car kind of racing. One that is not homegrown but whose global fan base expansion and future revenue possibilities aren't limited to only white American people, presumably.
    That I’d love to see! I’ve only ever seen tidbits of that on Youtube before. Reminds me of STCC/DTCC/BTCC but with a lot more contact and of course V8s sound better than small 4-cylinder engines in general.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I thought NASCAR was documented very well in talladega nights.

~Disc~Golf~
    I said I wouldn't discuss the N word any more in this thread but...in your mind basketball is a "black" sport that justifies having your own "white" sport?
    I didn't say it justified anything! It is what it is!!! - Simple as that.
    How am I justifying anything?

you just don't get the irony that I just fed you.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    I didn't say it justified anything! It is what it is!!! - Simple as that. How am I justifying anything?
    It is what exactly? Speak plainly.

you just don't get the irony that I just fed you.
    I certainly don't get it because when I go to an NBA basketball game as a spectator the fans are mostly white and the owners are all white as far as I know so I don't get how it's a "black" sport unless you just don't like don't like rooting for the mostly black players. I also don't see anyone wearing racist logos at NBA games. So some young doofus wearing NBA basketball clothing and "acting too black" for you is some sort of race traitor or something?

~Disc~Golf~
    It is what exactly? Speak plainly. Are you Obtuse? Racism

I certainly don't get it because when I go to an NBA basketball game as a spectator the fans are mostly white and the owners are all white as far as I know so I don't get how it's a "black" sport unless you just don't like don't like rooting for the mostly black players. I also don't see anyone wearing racist logos at NBA games. So some young doofus wearing NBA basketball clothing and "acting too black" for you is some sort of race traitor or something?
    again, I shouldn't have to explain it, but...you implied that because NASCAR didn't have any black drivers - that is was the agenda of somehow the fans or NASCAR itself.
    I Presented an opposite (the irony) that basketball is arguably dominated by blacks, and yet there are still white idiots in their choice of attire.

Clear as mud yet?

you sir, deserve a neg and will have it coming shortly - **NVM - I guess I already have
    I let the general 'anti-NASCAR' go after defending it (admittedly - even had posts removed) for being 'boring', but then you chime in about racism and crap. How Lewis Hamilton (I'll edit this if it wasn't you) wouldn't be accepted into NASCAR and how that somehow compared to a known shlttier driver Danica (who could still out drive your ass)

You have provided strawmen (mostly - along with ad hominem)
    cheers!

~Disc~Golf~
    I apologize OP (whom I respect) I thought it was a nice thread.
    being a motorhead and all.

Carbon & Ti rule
    My white friend has a Black bike & a Black girl friend & loves them both.
    His Black girl friend hates black people & has only ever gone out with white guys ( & girls for that matter ) so it happens both ways.

Some people can be a real A$$ no matter what colour they are.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    again, I shouldn't have to explain it, but...you implied that because NASCAR didn't have any black drivers - that is was the agenda of somehow the fans or NASCAR itself.
    I Presented an opposite (the irony) that basketball is arguably dominated by blacks, and yet there are still white idiots in their choice of attire.

Clear as mud yet?

you sir, deserve a neg and will have it coming shortly - **NVM - I guess I already have
    I let the general 'anti-NASCAR' go after defending it (admittedly - even had posts removed) for being 'boring', but then you chime in about racism and crap. How Lewis Hamilton (I'll edit this if it wasn't you) wouldn't be accepted into NASCAR and how that somehow compared to a known shlttier driver Danica (who could still out drive your ass)

You have provided strawmen (mostly - along with ad hominem)
    cheers!
    The whole scene blows, end of story as far as I'm concerned. Glad you're a big fan of the debacle though. Carry on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The need for singlespeed
    Quote Originally Posted by fullCircling View Post
    Check out youtube for Turbo F1 Engines - How They Started
    If your a gearhead it's quite interesting.
    Thanks, that was awesome! Shocking that Honda was getting 1200 HP from 1.5 litres way back in 1984!!

banned
    Sep 2010

I'm sorry but I have to decline you're offer of man love that you left in the rep. Keep trying though, you may find someone to take you up on you're offer.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to decline you're offer of man love that you left in the rep. Keep trying though, you may find someone to take you up on you're offer.
    If you sleepy NAPCAR lovin' geeks don't have anything to post in this thread about Formula One then just shut the h3ll up already, kay?

local trails rider
    Can somebody point me to some good F1 videos?

I was just looking on youtube and when I found a video with some good track action, some idiot had added a soundtrack with homemade machine music...

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime View Post
    Can somebody point me to some good F1 videos?

I was just looking on youtube and when I found a video with some good track action, some idiot had added a soundtrack with homemade machine music...
    Here's a few. These are all short features. I'm not sure if the entire races are available online, "legally" at least.

F1 HD | Formula 1 High Definition Videos
    Watch FORMULA 1 Video on SPEED
    Formula 1

~Disc~Golf~
    you can try here on race day - there's 20 streams a few will be NASCAR, some F1, Some Indy - or whatever happens to be on, motorsport-wise (quality is varied from stream to stream, so that helps if you have a slower connection, or if you can accommodate the required bandwidth, you get a Higher-def stream)

Nascar49: Stream 1

There's also a chatroom too so you can all interact with each other - get updates from another race than the one you happen to be watching - pretty cool bunch of guys, who are generally interested in ALL motorsports - and not elitist duuushwazzles

Midweek, it's ESPN, Speed, MotorsTV or whatever the broadcaster happens to stream - but you can usually catch qualifying or some news

tl1
    Bicyclist
    The rattling of your insides when you stand close to the track as they go past is something I have never felt at any other motor sport event.
    ( well in the Rally car once when we filped it end for end Backwards & then rolled 4 times after that at 130 mph, did rattle the insides abit )
    I thought this was cool, it's 62 years of F-1`cars from a standing start, beginning with a 1939 Mercedes-Benz W-165. It's a short straight that hardly lets some of them get out of second gear and clear their lungs but it's still pretty cool. Turn up your speakers!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nRp-Ef6-QYk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

~Disc~Golf~
    "Turn up your speakers! "
    you need more bass!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kZbnR7rKR6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    "Turn up your speakers! "
    you need more bass!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kZbnR7rKR6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Wow! Toyota makes a RWD stickshifted V8 powered Camry?!?!?! Where can I get one?!??! At last a Camry with a soul!!! This is major news!!!

~Disc~Golf~
    It comes with the 'window-net - spoiler' edition

Swedetarded
    FORZA CAVALLINO RAMPANTE!!!

I've been a fan of the Scuderia for years, and a Massa fan since he joined with Sauber. It was a DREAM when he signed with Ferrari. It really sucks to watch someone who had so much potential get so many beat downs over his career.

Guess I can be a Perez fan..........did I just make a prediction?

mtbr member
    Wow! Toyota makes a RWD stickshifted V8 powered Camry?!?!?! Where can I get one?!??! At last a Camry with a soul!!! This is major news!!!
    I'd buy one in a heartbeat too.

~Disc~Golf~
    Honda makes a single-seat speed vehicle with wings

local trails rider
    That reminds me of a post in an OTB statistics thread on a local cycling forum. One of the guys posted a video where he goes OTB in a rally car. His is at about 2:30 of the video but there's a slightly less spectacular one just before his.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OZkjDq86qhU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Super bummed out. Going to Singapore for a week with my wife and two boys in a few days. We’ll be there EXACTLY one month before the F1 Singapore street circuit night race happens. Yep, right in the middle of where it all will happen (in a month) at the Ritz Carlton. When I realised this I begged my wife to see if they could extend their biotech meeting out for a follow-up in a month, she’s pretty sure they won’t be able to. The only thing I will be able to do while in Singapore remotely close to F1 would be to walk the street circuit with my boys; perhaps I’ll bring my Garmin for this and upload it to Strava. Two F1 races in one year would’ve been fully rad, however.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    That I’d love to see! I’ve only ever seen tidbits of that on Youtube before. Reminds me of STCC/DTCC/BTCC but with a lot more contact and of course V8s sound better than small 4-cylinder engines in general.
    I watched the V8 Supercars from Queensland Australia on the Speed Channel yesterday. They are way more fun to watch on a road course than NAPCAR cars. I also watched a bit of the NASPAR road course practice from theFinger Lakes 355 at Watkins Glen NY. The V8 Supers are around 500 pounds lighter and get around corners a lot better. The engines have less power due to trying to save money in racing but you still have small block V-8 Fords and Chevys with 600-650 horsepower. They're more like "real" cars, i.e. "touring cars" aka "stock cars" and that form of racing is fun to watch.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Went to the German GP last year. Hope to go to another race soon.

mtbr member
    I just wish the " Summer Holiday " would be over, abolished would be even better!

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by knoob View Post
    I just wish the " Summer Holiday " would be over, abolished would be even better!

I agree, a whole month off is kinda extreme but taking August off is pretty much the norm for much of Europe.

Formula 1

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    A whole month is a little long, but I think it's exciting because it gives the teams to really put a lot of energy into engineering and coming up with new designs. So hopefully we get to see a lot of changes after the break.

mtbr member
    You know that they are BARRED from entering the factory.......right?

Carbon & Ti rule

How does that stop the mind from coming up with Idea's ??

mtbr member
    How does that stop the mind from coming up with Idea's ??
    It doesn't, but they can't prove it in the simulator or use the computing power in the factory. So it will still be a minute til we see the bits on a car. That's all I'm saying.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Watching the Sonoma IndyCars road racing qualifying on NBC Sports (formerly Versus, formerly OLN) now. It's not F1 but it's not bad.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    While in Singapore, I did a lot of running and walking around the center of where the Formula 1 race will take place in a month:
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/19544081/embed/b63a0a3be2ed77abb739a743e0a73e92558796a7'></iframe>
    Too bad I won’t be there for the race.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Only for 2 of the 4 weeks.

Tapped via tapatalk

AZ
    banned
    N.J.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8EWTp0Xfksg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Belgian Grand Prix is Sunday. Going to be exciting after being gone for a month.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Belgian GP at Spa, qualifying is on now on the Speed channel and it's totally dry out unlike previous days. Tomorrow 6 am EDT the race is on. Weather looks like it will cooperate.
    Last edited by tl1; 09-01-2012 at 05:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    First pole for JB in a McLaren, get in!!! And Kobayashi alongside him, what a result for him. That grid is gonna make what is always a great race into an awesome race!!!!!

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Very good race on an exciting track but I won't spoil it by stating results for those that haven't watched it yet on their DVRs. I will say that at the start there was a big scary pileup that ended the day for a lot of the top names.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

haha the lotus got a little close to Alonso's helmet

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Very good race on an exciting track but I won't spoil it by stating results for those that haven't watched it yet on their DVRs. I will say that at the start there was a big scary pileup that ended the day for a lot of the top names.
    I don’t like spoilers, either. Currently 41.8% done with downloading the prereace+race+postrace Torrent file. Hoping it will be (was) a good one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm ready for some good flat out racing at Monza!

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    I’ve sat down to watch the Spa Francorchamps the past couple of nights, but I keep on falling asleep. Hopefully I’ll finish watching it tonight.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife417 View Post
    I'm ready for some good flat out racing at Monza!
    It's going to be great. With my man Raikkonen now in third place in the standings and doing better every race I can't wait to see him do incrementally better again this Sunday. He is saying the Lotus is not as fast as other cars but the times are actually very close so far. His Lotus teammate Romain Grosjean is of course banned from racing this weekend for causing the big pile up last week. I have my DVR set to catch the qualifying, practice and race.

Kimi Raikkonen believes Lotus will find it difficult to challenge for a place at the front of the grid for the Italian Grand Prix.

Having been one of the favourites for victory at Spa with a double DRS system, Lotus was unable to run the device and Raikkonen finished third. With Monza not suiting the system either Lotus opted against running it again, but in the second practice session Raikkonen was sixth quickest, just 0.214s off the fastest time. However, he said with such a closely-matched field he would need to have a strong qualifying session to get in the mix at the front.

"We are not fastest for sure here," Raikkonen said. "We did not expect to be fastest either. I think after the last race it was bit tricky so it wasn't too bad [today], but for sure it will be difficult to be really on top in qualifying. But we have to try to do the best we can; I think it will be close. There's not many corners so there's not going to be big differences between teams, it will be very close on times so then we'll have to have a good qualifying to get quite high up."

Lotus is not fastest at Monza - Kimi Raikkonen | Italian Grand Prix | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

tl1
    Bicyclist
    The Italian Grand Prix was a pretty great race to watch. My favorite driver Kimi Raikkonen finished a bit further back than I would have liked but he did finish and he finished in the points and with other events in the race it allows him to be in third place in the F1 world championship standings just one point behind the driver in second.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    The Italian Grand Prix was a pretty great race to watch. My favorite driver Kimi Raikkonen finished a bit further back than I would have liked but he did finish and he finished in the points and with other events in the race it allows him to be in third place in the F1 world championship standings just one point behind the driver in second.
    Just about to sit down and watch it in a few minutes… hoping I don’t freakin’ fall asleep this time!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Martin Brundle caught up with Rick Perry during his grid walk on the coverage over here. He was bigging up the Austin track. I've yet to see a Herman Tilke track I'm remotely impressed with so it will be interesting to see just how good this track is, and how many folk turn out to watch it.

Tapped via tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    R.I.P Sid Watkins

Carbon & Ti rule
    It should be a good race this weekend.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    It pains me to see the photos on the Formula1.com website of the activities around the Singapore race street circuit, seeing as I was RIGHT FREAKIN’ THERE last month, and could see pretty much the entire F1 course from the 30th floor of the Ritz Carlton! I should be THERE right NOW!!!

mtbr member

Profanity by Kimi and Sebastian in Abu Dabhi...

After the F1 race. Is F1, FIA and Abu Dhabi ok with the profanity during the post race interviews.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    After the F1 race. Is F1, FIA and Abu Dhabi ok with the profanity during the post race interviews.
    F!¢‡ Abu Dhabi and their “rose water”!

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for a torrent to seed for the race so’s I’s can’s download’s and’s watch’s it’s (extra apostrophes for you assclowns on teh intartubes who ABUSE and MISUSE them all the time ).

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Finally, it's here and starting in a matter of minutes. The USGP at the Circuit of the Americas. Should be an awesome F1 race at a great new track.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Formula 1 fans thread-cota-camaro.jpg  

Formula 1 fans thread-cota-vettel.jpg  

mtbr member
    Turn 1 will be interesting!

mtbr member
    I'm thinking the outside is the way to go at turn one for the start.

Carbon & Ti rule
    I like the track.

mtbr member
    I like the track.
    Yep!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The track is OK for a Tilke design. Still doesn't compare with the old school European tracks of Spa, Silverstone and Monza IMO. Hopefully the race was good enough to keep the home audience interested. They had best get used to F1, because if Bernie has his way, which he usually does, there will be 3 races in the US within 3 years!

Great to see McLaren back on the top step of the podium!!

Tapped via tapatalk

mtbr member
    The track is OK for a Tilke design. Still doesn't compare with the old school European tracks of Spa, Silverstone and Monza IMO. Hopefully the race was good enough to keep the home audience interested. They had best get used to F1, because if Bernie has his way, which he usually does, there will be 3 races in the US within 3 years!

Great to see McLaren back on the top step of the podium!!

Tapped via tapatalk
    OK? Everyone I've talked to thinks it's a great track.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    A great track??? Who exactly have you been speaking to? Spa, Silverstone, Suzuka, the old Hockenheim, they are all great tracks. The track at Austin is not in the same league! The first third is very good. The last third is total Mickey Mouse.

Tapped via tapatalk

mtbr member
    I couldn't go because of work and a project for grad school...grrrr

However, my wife...being the lovely wife she is...said "that's okay...I'll just take one of my friends with me! "

She's just as much a fan as I am, and since we already spent the money...oh well.

Anyways, she took LOTS of pictures...she'll be back tomorrow and when I sort through them, I'll post some for you guys.

It looked like a great race from TV, and she said it was pretty awesome there in person too. Looks like COTA did alright.

PS---I like the old european style tracks too, but I think the Tilke tracks are what we're going to get from now on if Bernie is involved. He likes a spectacle.

PPS---I don't care if there isn't much passing, I still think Monaco is my favorite.

mtbr member
    A great track??? Who exactly have you been speaking to? Spa, Silverstone, Suzuka, the old Hockenheim, they are all great tracks. The track at Austin is not in the same league! The first third is very good. The last third is total Mickey Mouse.

Tapped via tapatalk
    Lets see if you can build a better one!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Lets see if you can build a better one!
    What a dumb comment!!!

As someone that has followed F1 to close to 30 years, and spent plenty of my hard earned money attending grands prix, then I can say I'm more than entitled to voice an opinion on modern Tilke tracks, and whereas you may find tracks with huge run off areas where you aren't penalised for leaving the track, or circuits with no natural flow due to a procession of slow bends great, I'm afraid I don't.
    Bulldoze turns 12, 13, 14 and 15 and put some proper corners in and it has the potential to become a good track. It'll never be a great track.

Tapped via tapatalk
    Last edited by markonline1; 11-19-2012 at 05:14 AM.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    It was COMPLETELY friggin' awesome this weekend in Austin!!!

Awesomeness meets worldwide fame—my sons were photographed by one of Sutton Image’s photographers (they are the official photographers for Formula 1 events) during the Saturday qualifying session. The picture was taken right after both Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button autographed their Mclaren-Mercedes officially-licensed “racing” suits:

URL is from Formula 1 website: https://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/597x4...1217nov124.jpg

Fifteen seconds of fame achieved!

The race was a blast. We were seated at the apex of Turn 12, where the cars were rapidly decelerating from around 200MPH for the series of chicanes. We got to witness Lewis Hamilton’s spoiler on Sebastian Vettel spoiler (of 56 laps total) right in front of us. I made a point of getting tickets for Turn 12 since the passing opportunities seemed obvious—we witnessed many changes of placings from multiple drivers on that corner. Overall the experience was better than I’d imagined. I’d love to do it again next year.

-he who stacks pork

Carbon & Ti rule
    Awesome

It was COMPLETELY friggin' awesome this weekend in Austin!!!

Awesomeness meets worldwide fame—my sons were photographed by one of Sutton Image’s photographers (they are the official photographers for Formula 1 events) during the Saturday qualifying session. The picture was taken right after both Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button autographed their Mclaren-Mercedes officially-licensed “racing” suits:

URL is from Formula 1 website: https://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/597x4...1217nov124.jpg

Fifteen seconds of fame achieved!

The race was a blast. We were seated at the apex of Turn 12, where the cars were rapidly decelerating from around 200MPH for the series of chicanes. We got to witness Lewis Hamilton’s spoiler on Sebastian Vettel spoiler (of 56 laps total) right in front of us. I made a point of getting tickets for Turn 12 since the passing opportunities seemed obvious—we witnessed many changes of placings from multiple drivers on that corner. Overall the experience was better than I’d imagined. I’d love to do it again next year.

-he who stacks pork

mtbr member
    What a dumb comment!!!

As someone that has followed F1 to close to 30 years, and spent plenty of my hard earned money attending grands prix, then I can say I'm more than entitled to voice an opinion on modern Tilke tracks, and whereas you may find tracks with huge run off areas where you aren't penalised for leaving the track, or circuits with no natural flow due to a procession of slow bends great, I'm afraid I don't.
    Bulldoze turns 12, 13, 14 and 15 and put some proper corners in and it has the potential to become a good track. It'll never be a great track.

Tapped via tapatalk
    Well you do know what the say about opinions.................

mtbr member
    Well you do know what the say about opinions.................
    Haha, LMAO!

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Awesome
    No doubt! That was super cool to get those autographs on their race garb.

As far as the track goes, I'm not qualified to comment on it compared to the rest but the racing was pretty great and there seems to be room to pass. It was wild watching the first part when the cars were full of fuel and sliding around on the selected tires. The whole area around the track looked brown and parched though. It's no wonder they couldn't keep all the blowing Texas dirt off the track surface. Once this whole F1 thing catches on in the USA they can maybe have some US races where there's more moisture to keep the dirt down and off the track.

mtbr member
    Not much into f1 i like 2 wheels best. But i was one of the first welders that welded on the 200ft observation tower at cota. Probably the coolest thing ive ever welded on.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

MoJo Moto
    Home town view:

Fricken unreal.

In the short time from start to finish, the track was a specitcal!!

I'll be back next year.

and the Stig is now a local!
    Ride Hard or Ride Home Alone.

mtbr member

Few pics of the observation tower at cota that I took.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post

Few pics of the observation tower at cota that I took.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    So… you work there or something?

More pie please
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    Very cool! How does going in the tower work? How much is it? Who gets in? And how long can you stay!

mtbr member
    So… you work there or something?
    No I work for the steel company that built it. I'm a welder there.

mtbr member

So, if it falls down, they'll know who to call?

mtbr member
    So, if it falls down, they'll know who to call?
    No I'm certified 3g and have 7 yrs experience welding stuff like this. They would actually call the inspector if a welder failed. The way it's engineered if a welder did fail it could relay on others. Since it's a bolt together structure, like every other major steel structure. Bolts are actually stronger then the steel they hold. Since steel can tear, if a welder fails.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Rooting for Alonso this weekend. Can't stand Vettel.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    I'm on the fence a bit with Vettel, He can drive but he needs to understand that he is in by far the best car & if he wasn't from what I have seen he would loose his head.

It is much easyer to look good in the best car.

If Alonso was in the Redbull also i'm sure he would kick Vettels a$$.

That said I'm sure he will go on to great things, But to be a great driver you need to be dragging a better result out of a car than what it should do & as it is he is going head to head with a guy who's car has been off the pace all year & would be leading the champion ship if he hadn't ben taken out twice by the nut in the Lotus.

Just my 2 C

banned
    Sep 2012
    I'm on the fence a bit with Vettel, He can drive but he needs to understand that he is in by far the best car & if he wasn't from what I have seen he would loose his head.

It is much easyer to look good in the best car.

If Alonso was in the Redbull also i'm sure he would kick Vettels a$$.

That said I'm sure he will go on to great things, But to be a great driver you need to be dragging a better result out of a car than what it should do & as it is he is going head to head with a guy who's car has been off the pace all year & would be leading the champion ship if he hadn't ben taken out twice by the nut in the Lotus.

Just my 2 C
    I'm just surprised that they let Ro-Gro get away with so much crap all year. Should have been suspended.

Agree about the "best car" thingy. I guess energy drinks is where the money is since they have the budget to hire Newey et al.

Not sure about next year though... losing Speed TV's F1 coverage and going to NBC Sports means I'll have to miss the shenanigans of Varsha/Matchett/Hobbs.

-S

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts

Hehe, LOL, I just re-read your initial post with the pictures now and saw that.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    I have great respect for both drivers, but I’d like to see Alonso clinch the world championship this time around—Vettel’s got a long career ahead of him, plenty of time to pull a “Schumacher” in the long run. Alonso’s got a lot of hard work to do, seeing how fast the McLaren Mercedes and the Redbull Renaults are. I’d like to see it pay off for him in Brazil on Sunday. (Please, no spoilers in this thread until I get a chance to download and watch the race!)

banned
    Sep 2012
    BEST opening lap of the year... Woot!

Frt Range, CO
    Go Alonso! Bye, bye Vettel....

mtbr member
    That was about as nerve racking a F1 race as I've ever watched!

I was pleased, in the end.

Sad to see F1 go to NBC next year, but at the end of the broadcast they said Hobbs, Machett, and Buxton are going to NBC. No Varsha, though.

Just a question of what NBC will do with it

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Pirate View Post
    That was about as nerve racking a F1 race as I've ever watched!

I was pleased, in the end.

Sad to see F1 go to NBC next year, but at the end of the broadcast they said Hobbs, Machett, and Buxton are going to NBC. No Varsha, though.

Just a question of what NBC will do with it
    Whew... just no Derek Daly please.

Frt Range, CO
    Best race of the year, the intermittent rain added drama. Nice comeback by Vettel after that start. All-in-all, a good season of racing.

mtbr member
    What an emotional race and end to a great season. I hope NBC will be as good as Speed. I hope they keep Sam and Will, also.

mtbr member
    Will's movin, nothing was said either way about Sam. I'm just afraid we'll get on of the yahoo's from Indy car coverage.

~Disc~Golf~
    Nice and exiting finish to the F1 season - To next season!!

signed MTBR NASCAR

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    No chance of NBC just taking the BBC feed next year then. I'm going to have to try and sort out getting the iplayer to work over stateside.
    That was a great race, best since Canada last year. I'd be happy to see every race at Interlagos to be honest, the place is awesome!!!!
    I hope there is some serious head banging that goes on at McLaren over the winter. I desperately want to see them get their act together and deliver JB a championship winning car!

Tapped via tapatalk

AZ
    banned
    Michael Schumacher injured in ski accident, condition critical. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Y! SPORTS

9 lives
    I hope he recovers from his injuries. He was such an exceptional driver. I've been to one F1 race (Montreal 1998).
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
    Come on Michael, give us one of those race stints at pure qualifying pace to win through, like you used to. You can do it."

Get well soon man
    Last edited by pvflyer; 12-30-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

I didn't do it
    As an avid skier I hate to hear stories like this. Here's to a quick and complete recovery from his injuries.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Meatbomb
    I met him at Z Hills and did a couple loads with him last year, he was a real nice guy and a pretty good skydiver as well.

The Monday press conference | A Former F1 Doc Writes

GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP

Shumacher out of coma

Michael have come out of his coma and he is leaving the hospital. This is very good news.

Michael Schumacher out of coma and leaves Grenoble hospital | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

Go the Aussie Dan Ricciardo, first F1 victory, and a lovely humble guy and the real deal as a driver, he is a breath of fresh air in F1, and he is hammering his little Brat team mate Vettel, theres are some serious tools in F1.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    i just started watching F1 although having meaning to do so for a long time. i am just fascinated with those cars. I knew there is a lot more to racing than one thinks, but going around an oval for 3-4 hrs just doesn't do it for me. Watching Senna a few weeks back did it for me.

watched the Monaco, Canadian, and DVR'd the Austria. I hooked my 7 yr old son and he loves the pits and just watching it all play out although we don't really catch the qualifying.

Anyone from the states know where to get decent F1 shirts? It seems as if the authentic stuff doesn't have much of a selection and the prices are too high. I just want to regular shirt but would like a nice designed Senna shirt or Monaco shirt (no driver/team). It seems like most of what i want in terms of selection is int'l or from some websites that i don't know anything about.

Being from the states doesn't really help too because F1 ain't as popular here as in the rest of the world. Also concerned about sizing as i assume asian and european sizing runs smallish and they kinda like to wear tighter fitting clothes. I like it loose. Anyone got any suggestions? Tried ebay, amazon, speedgear ....

Members who have read this thread: 0