Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774

    Food: the last meal

    Cooking is one of my "therapies". It settles my mind and is rewarding at the end. I make top notch pizza (dough and sauce from scratch), some killer pulled pork and homemade BBQ sauce, and all sorts of stuff in between.

    As for eating out, I like to try all sorts of different foods, but I have a particular love for soups. My current passion is Vietnamese soup (Pho). Prior to that, Thai Tom Kah Gai. And before that, Mexican Chicken Soup (homestyle with lots of vegetables). I'll mix it up with some classics such as French onion or vegetable beef.

    If you were to pick you last meal--what would it be?

    As strange as it would seem, I might go with Pho.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,542
    My mom's Filipino style fried chicken and a pile of rice. Sometimes I hate being vegetarian.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,561
    A burrito with a beer works for me.

    Best, John

  4. #4
    ******
    Reputation: monzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Pho FTW. The only sketchy meat I eat is from this pho spot near my house in a strip mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

  5. #5
    Bro Mountainbiker
    Reputation: Sheepo5669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,583
    Damn, good question. I grew up eating my dads home cooked southern food. Lots of southern veggies made just right with some meat entree and potatoes.

    I would like to have a last meal with him and my fam eating food that he cooked.
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skullcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    923
    It would probably be Pho for me too. What is it that makes that soup so good? It's just soup, after all.

    And also a mango smoothy with tapioca for dessert.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    120
    Simple as it sounds it'd probably be fried chicken...not that fast food junk...the real thing. And the hot chocolate souffle at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion for dessert.

  8. #8
    REALLY?
    Reputation: jeffgothro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    A burrito with a beer works for me.

    Best, John

    +1

    ...or pizza
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,926
    Quote Originally Posted by skullcap View Post
    It would probably be Pho for me too. What is it that makes that soup so good? It's just soup, after all. ...........................
    Ordinary water. Laced with nothing more than a few spoonfuls of LSD

  10. #10
    Weird huh?
    Reputation: cmdrpiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,277
    Filet tail, marinated in crushed garlic, white truffle oil, smoked paprika, and soy sauce. Cooked over mesquite to a rare, and served with home made demi glace.

    Baked bone marrow over brioche toast as a spacer, then...

    a side of truffle mac and cheese

    Nicely lubricated with a 1997 Stags Leap Vinyards Cask 23

    El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle • 7 points •1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,561
    Oh I forgot the ice cream for dessert. I love ice cream, but
    I always over do it so I keep it out of the house.

    Best, John

  12. #12
    ******
    Reputation: monzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    I'm updating my food. Pho from the sketchy place or pad Thai from Thai on 16th St. in Denver made by miss Anne. She rules and her food is bomb. Dry, double fire. Those from there know the deal with that last bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

  13. #13
    Ride More, Work Less
    Reputation: heyyall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,774
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle View Post
    Filet tail, marinated in crushed garlic, white truffle oil, smoked paprika, and soy sauce. Cooked over mesquite to a rare, and served with home made demi glace.

    Baked bone marrow over brioche toast as a spacer, then...

    a side of truffle mac and cheese

    Nicely lubricated with a 1997 Stags Leap Vinyards Cask 23
    Could you be a little more specific? When you say soy sauce, are you referring to shoyu or tamari varieties or just the crappy hydrolyzed faux sauce in packets?

  14. #14
    Wēk Sôs
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,043
    I love eating out and experimenting with foods, but for a last meal I think I'd like something hearty and familiar.

    start with seared foie gras on slices of brioche, served with sauternes.

    baby greens salad with a mildy sweet plum dressing, served with a sauvignon blanc

    filet mignon med rare with a demi-glace, served with a pinot noir

    finish off with bread pudding and a nice port.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skullcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Ordinary water. Laced with nothing more than a few spoonfuls of LSD

    Well then.

    I guess that explains why the mango tapioca smoothie speaks to me sometimes.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,601
    Chinese-food. Chicken Fried Rice, S/S Chicken Balls.

    Won't that look pretty when I'm in the electric chair and they pull the switch?

  17. #17
    Weird huh?
    Reputation: cmdrpiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Could you be a little more specific? When you say soy sauce, are you referring to shoyu or tamari varieties or just the crappy hydrolyzed faux sauce in packets?
    Shoyu, I'm sorry, is there any other type?

    El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle • 7 points •1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

  18. #18
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,631
    fried chicken and waffles w/ syrup and hot sauce with a Hercules DIPA....or 2...or 3...

    nomnomnomnom
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,175
    Pink slime.

  20. #20
    Weird huh?
    Reputation: cmdrpiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Could you be a little more specific? When you say soy sauce, are you referring to shoyu or tamari varieties or just the crappy hydrolyzed faux sauce in packets?
    Almost forgot, the mac and cheese should be elbow macaroni, Gruyere and cheddar cheeses, incorporated with half and half with shaved Oregon black truffles, white truffle oil, salt, white pepper and a dash of ground nutmeg.

    El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle • 7 points •1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

  21. #21
    Weird huh?
    Reputation: cmdrpiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    I love eating out and experimenting with foods, but for a last meal I think I'd like something hearty and familiar.

    start with seared foie gras on slices of brioche, served with sauternes.

    baby greens salad with a mildy sweet plum dressing, served with a sauvignon blanc

    filet mignon med rare with a demi-glace, served with a pinot noir

    finish off with bread pudding and a nice port.
    I'll be there around 7, I'll bring the pinot....

    El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle • 7 points •1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

  22. #22
    Weird huh?
    Reputation: cmdrpiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Pink slime.
    Fabulous choice - and the wine?

    El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle • 7 points •1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    737
    Cucaracha taco
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

  24. #24
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,752
    This, simmering for hours in the crock pot! (Curry chicken, sweet potatoes, and coconut rice)

    (I know, the web page is called "workitmom", but this dish is deeelish!)

  25. #25
    Afric Pepperbird
    Reputation: dirt farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,752
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Ordinary water. Laced with nothing more than a few spoonfuls of LSD
    LOL, that too!

    (no one has yet to guess my avatar, hehe)

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,003
    I'm on a sea food diet myself.
    When I sea food I eat.
    With a good healthy portion of slim-slo.
    And something from the 3 major food groups:
    Pizza,buffet restaurant food, and hoagie sandwiches.
    ...and some juice.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

  27. #27
    Weird huh?
    Reputation: cmdrpiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    This, simmering for hours in the crock pot! (Curry chicken, sweet potatoes, and coconut rice)

    (I know, the web page is called "workitmom", but this dish is deeelish!)
    There is never anything wrong with chicken curry, sweet potatoes and coconut rice. Any combination or measurement

    El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle • 7 points •1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

  28. #28
    STEEL IS REAL
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,900
    A Jimmy Deans 1/4lb hamburger special with a rootbeer, easy ice
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jimbowho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    857
    Tommies burger, chili cheese fries, KFC original recipe chicken, Black angus tri-tip seered, crunch wrap supreme, Chicken cup-o-noodles, Coco's pecan pie, In&out chocolate malt. See's candy.

  30. #30
    Digging in the pain cave.
    Reputation: midschool22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    89
    A burrito with ghost pepper sauce. Wash it down with an iced coffee.

  31. #31
    Chubby Chaser
    Reputation: Will Goes Boing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    664
    This beef curry my mom makes, the meat is from the ribs and after hours of slow cooking it falls off the bones on its own, and you can cut it with a spoon. I remembered the first time I ate it my eyes literally teared up and I kneeled down on the ground in front of her. It was with no exaggeration, the best food I have EVER tasted in my whole entire life.

  32. #32
    ******
    Reputation: monzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Goes Boing View Post
    This beef curry my mom makes, the meat is from the ribs and after hours of slow cooking it falls off the bones on its own, and you can cut it with a spoon. I remembered the first time I ate it my eyes literally teared up and I kneeled down on the ground in front of her. It was with no exaggeration, the best food I have EVER tasted in my whole entire life.
    So, when is dinner at your place? I'm starving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.