Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    see me rollin, they hatin

ever meet anyone from the forums?

i realize the OC crowd is a smaller crowd, but just wondering if you've ever met up with, or bumped into a forumer...not counting people you knew previously

for instance, i ran into a few trail builders from my area who i've seen in the NH forums, and i also ran into a guy riding (liljoe), then later recognized his bike from his avatar, and turns out it WAS him, when i asked.

Recently i saw Pedalphile (didnt realize it at the time), who recognized me and my dog from pics on the forum (he even ended up in one of my videos). small world!
    Last edited by NicoleB; 04-13-2012 at 08:08 PM.

I dd what you see there.
    met garagemonster (eastern canada forum dude) at the Toronto bike show (imagine that) but he was at a booth so it wasn't like we just randomly ran into each other, he was stationary and I knew where to look.

Could probably meet a ton more if I was going to race in the Paris to Ancaster race on Sunday, but unfortuantely I have a previous engagement.
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    I met redmr_2man a few months ago at a race -- turns out we're in the same collegiate conference. But I haven't seen him at the races since then, and I haven't seen as many posts as usual from him around the forums.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

clown question, bro
    I ran into one guy that ended up being a mtbr member out at the trails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    Are we just ignoring balls? Lol

EDR
    there are a lot of local Phx rider on mtbr, I've ran into several on the trails to find out they post up on here.
    Kenbentit from Pivot Cycles, and others who's screen names escape me at the moment. I ran into another Yeti rider a while back and we stopped to talk. He suggested I run my rear der. cable differently and his bike said "Big Jim" on it. Turns out he works at Yeti.

Not by chance but I've ridden with Tor-Y-Foel from Great Britain recently. He and his mates come to the US fairly often to ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    NorCal scene is ridiculous. Heck, I ride with Francis Cebedo (um, founder of MTBR) once in awhile. All the guys I ride with are from MTBR (Team Social Pace). I have some fckuing cool ass friends from this site.

When we have the MTBR Turkey Day ride, it's like 1000-2000 riders deep.

I get a lot of "Deeeeeooonnnnn!" from random riders passing on my local trails since I'm out there 5-6 days a week. It's the tattoos and my custom black jerseys is how people recognize me, I guess.

Sea Otter is going to be awesome... Team Social Pace will be representing on the race course.
    Last edited by Dion; 04-13-2012 at 10:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    there are a lot of local Phx rider on mtbr, I've ran into several on the trails to find out they post up on here.
    Kenbentit from Pivot Cycles, and others who's screen names escape me at the moment. I ran into another Yeti rider a while back and we stopped to talk. He suggested I run my rear der. cable differently and his bike said "Big Jim" on it. Turns out he works at Yeti.

Not by chance but I've ridden with Tor-Y-Foel from Great Britain recently. He and his mates come to the US fairly often to ride.
    Same here. Hard to ride trails in PHX without seeing people.

One funny story similar... first time I met WhiskersofDeath from here, I was at the finish line from the Tour of the White Mountains, in Show Low, AZ. This is about 4 hours from PHX. He saw my bike and recognized the top tube from some of my videos, and said, "pointerDixie?"

I lol'd when he told me how he knew.

Chubby Chaser
    I probably have and not know it. When I use to ride motorcycles I would run into a lot of people who are on forums I frequent but they are always the lurkers and never the regulars. Mountain bikers seem to be either really anti-social or really stuck up. Even at demo rides everybody just kinda keep to themselves.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nope. I'm not that friendly enough I guess..

"2 Wycked"
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Goes Boing View Post
    Mountain bikers seem to be either really anti-social or really stuck up. Even at demo rides everybody just kinda keep to themselves.
    Hahaha, I definitely fall in the "anti-social" crowd, so if anyone thinks they recognize me on the trails in S.FL come say hi, otherwise I just tend to keep to myself, product of being an only child I guess.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

mtbr member
    About 8 months ago I was looking for a new bike and none of the LBSs had the model in stock in the size I wanted.

I posted in my regional forum and a member had the bike and size I wanted and let me test ride. Ive ridden with him a few times since then.

All fat, all the time.
    Yah I've met a few, luckily most are pretty nice in person lol.

REALLY?
    No...I guess I got to get out more.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Bay Area scene is ridiculous. Heck, I ride with Francis Cebedo (um, founder of MTBR) once in awhile. All the guys I ride with are from MTBR (Team Social Pace). I have some fckuing cool ass friends from this site.

When we have the MTBR Turkey Day ride, it's like 1000-2000 riders deep.

I get a lot of "Deeeeeooonnnnn!" from random riders passing on my local trails since I'm out there 5-6 days a week. It's the tattoos and my custom black jerseys is how people recognize me, I guess.

Sea Otter is going to be awesome... Team Social Pace will be representing on the race course.
    FIFY!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    nope. when it died a few weeks ago it occurred to me that i have no idea how to get in touch with anyone from this board, either online or in real life.

On wuss patrol
    I've met several, ride with a few. Drove through Redding a couple times and flipped Highdelll the bird. Not really, but I did stop at a gas station and ask the attendant if he knew Highdelll.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

On wuss patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
    every single person i have met from MTBR is a much bigger a$$whole than even their online persona would suggest.
    I like this.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

Neg reppers r my biatches
    yes, i have. every single person i have met from MTBR is a much bigger a$$whole than even their online persona would suggest.

Wēk Ss
    Maybe it's the jersey that says "DionRidesBikes.com"? LOL!

Nicole, sometimes I wish I didn't meet anyone. Guys like Dion haunt my dreams. for realz!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Maybe it's the jersey that says "DionRidesBikes.com"? LOL!

Nicole, sometimes I wish I didn't meet anyone. Guys like Dion haunt my dreams. for realz!
    Yes.

Honestly, This guy ^^^^ is the shizzle, as are all my BAY AREA MTB homies. I don't have a lot of time to hang out with friends, let alone MEN, outside of my work, so you wouldn't believe the happiness I find in hanging out with you guys.

Weird huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245 View Post
    I met redmr_2man a few months ago at a race -- turns out we're in the same collegiate conference. But I haven't seen him at the races since then, and I haven't seen as many posts as usual from him around the forums.
    He's hangs regularly in the NorCal forum FYI
    Cheers

El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle 7 points 1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

since 4/10/2009
    I've met/ridden with a few. gmats in Hawaii has been the coolest so far. He comes to the mainland fairly often, and I hope to catch him on one of his visits sometime.

I've met a few locals on the trails, but they're not terribly active here.

~Disc~Golf~
    This just in... Dion likes MEN - not that there's anything wrong w/ that...

Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    hey! so do I! Dion, i think we could be fast friends!

bi-winning
    I've had the pleasure of meeting many of the members who post and lurk in the Eastern Canada section.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Gave Zon a tour of the Oahu trails once.

There are several others that post on MTBR that I ride with.

Specifically posted in off camber: Archaic

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    That's right. Dude, honestly, I'm kinda old school and prefer a "boys club" where we can talk shlt and not worry that somebody's going to be offended. Since my wife works for me, I'm with her all the time. I like getting out and hanging out with other men - doing men sh1t. Nothing wrong with females, but I'm stuck with one all day!

When the hot 24 year old jogger chick runs by in shorty shorts, I can't say to my wife, "Check out that cherry..."

With the guys, I can.

banned
    I've met a couple of people on the trails who (once we get to chatting) I realize are MTBR members. Somehow a few creepy MTBR'ers have also made it into my list of FB friends.

You gotta keep an eye on those shady internet people. You never quite know what they're up to...

Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    i've met a couple of people on the trails who (once we get to chatting) i realize are mtbr members. Somehow a few creepy mtbr'ers have also made it into my list of fb friends.

You gotta keep an eye on those shady internet people. You never quite know what they're up to...
    :d

Huckin' trails
    I met a local dude from the GT forum. Serge, who happen to live a few oak away. We got to ride together and I gave him some help wrenching on his bike. Didn't saw him since last winter though
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Wēk Ss
    That's right. Dude, honestly, I'm kinda old school and prefer a "boys club" where we can talk shlt and not worry that somebody's going to be offended. Since my wife works for me, I'm with her all the time. I like getting out and hanging out with other men - doing men sh1t. Nothing wrong with females, but I'm stuck with one all day!

When the hot 24 year old jogger chick runs by in shorty shorts, I can't say to my wife, "Check out that cherry..."

With the guys, I can.
    It's alright. I'll rub baby oil on you any day.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ive ran into Naturally Aspirated's truck more than a few times. Ive yet to see him outside of it however lol. And I forgot his SN but one of the guys on here is also on the Camaro forums I frequent (ls1tech.com).

Odd Story: I was on my honeymoon in 08 and I was at Sea World in Orlando, FL taking a leak in the mens room. After I was done this guy who had also just recently urinated tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I used to own a black 2003 mazdaspeed protege with bronze wheels and if I was from Oklahoma. I said yes and he proceeded to tell me he was one of the moderators on the mazda forums I was on lol.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post

Odd Story: I was on my honeymoon in 08 and I was at Sea World in Orlando, FL taking a leak in the mens room. After I was done this guy who had also just recently urinated tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I used to own a black 2003 mazdaspeed protege with bronze wheels and if I was from Oklahoma. I said yes and he proceeded to tell me he was one of the moderators on the mazda forums I was on lol.
    He deduced all that from looking at your penis?

"2 Wycked"
    BooHoo.....I'm married to a women that has 3 daughters, 17, 14 and 11. At my home, it's all estrogen all the time. My only escape is to go hangout with my dog, a male lab, and he's neutered so he's not much help anyway.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    He deduced all that from looking at your penis?
    Id + rep you if it wouldnt make the world explode.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    it gets disconcerting when people on trail scream CHUM!! at you.....

but yes, i have made many, many friends thru MTBR - even met my wife thru another member i met when i first started racing 24 hour events (he's a supermod too)...

he introduced her to me at sea otter.

which reminds me....it'll be 6 years ago the day we met pretty soon

coolio
    Click Here for Forum Rules

poser Administrator
    i realize the OC crowd is a smaller crowd, but just wondering if you've ever met up with, or bumped into a forumer...not counting people you knew previously

for instance, i ran into a few trail builders from my area who i've seen in the NH forums, and i also ran into a guy riding (liljoe), then later recognized his bike from his avatar, and turns out it WAS him, when i asked.

Recently i saw Pedalphile (didnt realize it at the time), who recognized me and my dog from pics on the forum (he even ended up in one of my videos). small world!
    Here in Arizona we have the AZ Spring Fling where emptybeerians come from all over to ride our crummy trails and small descents. The most important thing to do when doing one of these is to remember to bring a box of the "Hi my name is _________" stickers and sharpie so everyone can write their MTBR handles on it. It makes photo identification easier and interwebs identification easier. It is much easier to remember that you are "MTBR GOD #1" and see your posts than it is to remember you are John Cocktostone.

Anyways that is my advice. Remember it, use it, live it.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Here in Arizona we have the AZ Spring Fling where emptybeerians come from all over to ride our crummy trails and small descents. The most important thing to do when doing one of these is to remember to bring a box of the "Hi my name is _________" stickers and sharpie so everyone can write their MTBR handles on it. It makes photo identification easier and interwebs identification easier. It is much easier to remember that you are "MTBR GOD #1" and see your posts than it is to remember you are John Cocktostone.

Anyways that is my advice. Remember it, use it, live it.
    you have a funny, yet tough-sounding, last name

but...hmmm, do you crush yourself?

poser Administrator
    you have a funny, yet tough-sounding, last name

but...hmmm, do you crush yourself?
    <iframe src="http://www.funnyordie.com/embed/22c4ed1ad2" width="640" height="533" frameborder="0"></iframe><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:640px;">
    </div>
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

~Disc~Golf~
    I'm aware - just trying to make a funny of my own

Moose Member
    I have met a guy at Mammoth, Perfect Zero I think his name was. Also, People at Northstar all the time yell "Ay Moosey! Whaddup?" and stuff like that. Then I look retarded looking around frantically trying to figure out who knows me.

Also, got on a lift with a guy at northstar who knew me but was just a lurker and didn't have a profile. It was weird.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Met and rode with several via PMs.

Still ride with a few of them to this day.

Plan to meet and ride with even more!
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

Axe
    Custom User Title
    I met redmr_2man a few months ago at a race.
    Huh, I think I have seen him too in Arcata. Do not remember though, I was riding with a flu.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    It's the tattoos and my custom black jerseys is how people recognize me, I guess.
    Could be your current avatar photo?

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Huh, I think I have seen him too in Arcata. Do not remember though, I was riding with a flu.
    Do you race in the collegiate (WCCC) conference too?

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Do you race in the collegiate (WCCC) conference too?
    No. I do not race at all - I just use races as an excuse to go to some new place to ride the whole day as hard as I can (not very).

Axe
    Custom User Title
    ...wat.

That happens when I try to sound profound.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    No. I do not race at all - I just use races as an excuse to go to some new place to ride the whole day as hard as I can (not very).
    ...wat.

Sweep the leg!
    Yes. I've met a member in Bellingham, one in Rapid City (not Loudviking) and Andreas up at O2S.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    i havent met any but i have seen quite a few. i go to the local forums and find out when people are going to meet and where. then i show up at the same time and watch them. i actually know where quite a few live by following them home after the ride.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfruits View Post
    i havent met any but i have seen quite a few. i go to the local forums and find out when people are going to meet and where. then i show up at the same time and watch them. i actually know where quite a few live by following them home after the ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Could be your current avatar photo?
    That photo of me is in my current race weight.

Beer Me!
    I know a few people from real life, and then learn there screen name. I also trade beer with several members. I have not been recognized via MTBR on the trail system yet, normally its just my good looks and epic reputation that make me well known

Beer Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    Has anyone ever peed on anyone from the forums or been peed on by anyone here on the forums?
    Does a thread pissing match count? then yes.

Bro Mountainbiker
    I gave a High Five to a member after I applied gobs of chamois cream to my nether-region.

Thats kind of like pooping on someone.
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    You guys ride??? Cool!
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo5669 View Post
    I gave a High Five to a member after I applied gobs of chamois cream to my nether-region.

Thats kind of like pooping on someone.
    dude!!!!

stink palm....blech

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
    I've had the pleasure of meeting many of the members who post and lurk in the Eastern Canada section.
    Same here, and surprisingly there aren't any axe murderers among them. That I know of.

Everyone I've met so far has been awesome and we've all gotten along and had a ton of fun riding the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    Same here, and surprisingly there aren't any axe murderers among them. That I know of.

Everyone I've met so far has been awesome and we've all gotten along and had a ton of fun riding the trails.

some guy from another I forum I frequent wanted to check out my muscle car - i never got back to him about it...

3 weeks later he was tazed and arrested for a road rage incident where he pulled out a machete and tried to hack a guy to death...in my town...

he got a year in prison for attempted murder...

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    some guy from another I forum I frequent wanted to check out my muscle car - i never got back to him about it...

3 weeks later he was tazed and arrested for a road rage incident where he pulled out a machete and tried to hack a guy to death...in my town...

he got a year in prison for attempted murder...
    Well, he probably wouldn't have been so mad if only you'd let him see your car.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Well...at least he wasn't an axe murderer...and no one lost his head over the situation.

Mousey
    Aug 2012
    i'm up for meeting people in the chicago area
    Gravity ... is a harsh mistress

EDR
    delete

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Blank
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 09-25-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

sh*t disturber
    I've met one or two (hundred) people from the mtbr forums since I joined in '97. One is now my wife and mother to my 7 year old boy who is also now riding.

Suckin wind like a boss
    id like to meet this spammer so i could plant my size 11 foot squarely in his kiddie porn spamming ass.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

mtbr member
    I met with one member who has thousands of posts in the NorCal Forum, but never seems to venture out from there. He spanked my azz so bad on our "ride" I've been embarrassed for nine months and riding my azz off, just so we can ultimately meet again and I can show him my improvement. I mean embarrasing. He was mashing climbs on a single speed and I was in 22-32. Had to stop about fifty times to catch my breath. During one of those rest periods he actually got a call on his cell phone from another rider who wanted to meet up with him later and do a quick after dinner 30 miler! WTF?

For this reason I have been doing all of my riding solo and just hammering myself. Have a gnawing constant fear of group rides or meet ups, for fear of being "that guy" again.

I can't believe I'm still thinking about that embarrassing ride. I think I probably have pretty damn good fitness now, but that ride will haunt me forever.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocop View Post
    I met with one member who has thousands of posts in the NorCal Forum, but never seems to venture out from there. He spanked my azz so bad on our "ride" I've been embarrassed for nine months and riding my azz off, just so we can ultimately meet again and I can show him my improvement. I mean embarrasing. He was mashing climbs on a single speed and I was in 22-32. Had to stop about fifty times to catch my breath. During one of those rest periods he actually got a call on his cell phone from another rider who wanted to meet up with him later and do a quick after dinner 30 miler! WTF?

For this reason I have been doing all of my riding solo and just hammering myself. Have a gnawing constant fear of group rides or meet ups, for fear of being "that guy" again.

I can't believe I'm still thinking about that embarrassing ride. I think I probably have pretty damn good fitness now, but that ride will haunt me forever.
    Ancient Rascal? Leopold Porkstacker?

Come ride with Team Social Pace. We ain't that mean. Actually, us NorCal'ers end up riding together at one point or another. I couldn't be more thankful for a great community - kinda feel sad for others who live in areas that don't have what we have.

Menso?
    Tyrone Shoelaces?

those 2 dudes are aliens FWIW

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Menso?
    Tyrone Shoelaces?

those 2 dudes are aliens FWIW

We do have some freaks of nature around these parts, don't we?

met Stihacka and Pedalphile recently. they've never been the same....
    fap

Suckin wind like a boss
    most people never admit to knowing me. im either the biggest ******* they ever met, or crazy enough that they dont want it to rub off on them. im loud (not in a being-a-dick kinda way; im half deaf from my military days), opinionated (no sh!t right?), arrogant, and a slow rider to boot.

beware the bigfoot with a handlebar mustache.
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    met Stihacka and Pedalphile recently. they've never been the same....
    What exactly does that mean?

stihacka should be ok, it was only a 15 min meet'ngreet. Pedalphile on the ohter hand, damn, if knew an mtbr'er was showing up on the ride, i would have at least combed my hair and worn deoderant. He had to deal with my belching and snot rocketing, though, i'm sure thats normal biz on rides, right? I outlasted him tho....only because he broke his pedal!
    Pphile, we shall meet again darlin. (and i say that in the least creepy way possible).
    fap

mtbr member
    @ Dion and CHUM

It was JMac. If I lived closer to San Jose I would give one of your TSP rides a try Dion. And yes, I do feel blessed to have the trails and scenery we have in NorCal. Great place to ride.

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    i would have at least combed my hair and worn deoderant. He had to deal with my belching and snot rocketing, though, i'm sure thats normal biz on rides, right?
    To answer your question, yes, it is all normal biz on rides but I've yet to see a girl do any of that stuff anywhere, anytime. You must have been a dude in a past life.

well i already rolled in there looking like hell in my worst unflattering jersey evah so i was beyond trying to impress. i was more worried i was too slow and breathing too much like a fat guy (i was).
    i'm lucky to stay alive when i ride with the guys.
    fap

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    well i already rolled in there looking like hell in my worst unflattering jersey evah so i was beyond trying to impress. i was more worried i was too slow and breathing too much like a fat guy (i was).
    i'm lucky to stay alive when i ride with the guys.
    I see, so you just thought to yourself, "fvck it, I'll just go with it and play out the role that my attire defines"? You so, so funny!

I Ride Bikes
    I actually have ridden and still ride with 5 other mtbr members.

aikane
    trdspectacoma
    Honolii29
    gmats
    jonasrullo

^ are they cute?
    fap

banned
    Feb 2012
    Yup I met with NicoleBomber28 and hey, I obviously did not impress her much but at least I had the opportunity to pump up her fork! I was disappointed she had shaved her stache though.
    I rode with Skidad and Prophet Julio (it was the first 650b group ride in Wompy) and plan to ride some more with them when our schedules and injuries permit. I rode with Danhasdrums in one of the social GBNEMBA rides once. A month or two ago I met a gentleman who recognized my bright red 650b Nickel on my home trail and we chatted about it a little as he was building a similar one.

I am realizing that without this 650b fad, I would be still living in a total isolation!

aw, Sti, who says i wasnt impressed?
    fap

banned
    Feb 2012
    aw, Sti, who says i wasnt impressed?
    It's just a hunch, I am good at reading between the lines.

Just kidding, I got to join your tribe for a ride some day. I am going to wear my least-smelling-helmet and the cleanest/least holey jersey I can find, that shows how much I care for you. My neighbors that ride with me once in a while are not always that lucky.

my crew is the farthest thing from good smelling. you'll probably even get crop dusted.
    fap

I Ride Bikes
    ^ are they cute?

They are cute on the inside not on the outside.

Nah they are a bunch of awesome dudes. If it wasn't for mountain biking I probably would have never crossed paths with them.

@ Dion and CHUM

It was JMac. If I lived closer to San Jose I would give one of your TSP rides a try Dion. And yes, I do feel blessed to have the trails and scenery we have in NorCal. Great place to ride.

JMac47 is a super cool dude - and hella strong rider

he's put me to shame on occasion...

mtbr member

JMac47 is a super cool dude - and hella strong rider

he's put me to shame on occasion...
    Yes he is a cool and gracious dude for sure. Never once acted irritated or superior while I was sucking wind. Gave lots of good tips too, and even texted me to make sure I got home alive after appearing to have had several small heart attacks and possible strokes during our ride!

Mousey
    Aug 2012
    Yes he is a cool and gracious dude for sure. Never once acted irritated or superior while I was sucking wind. Gave lots of good tips too, and even texted me to make sure I got home alive after appearing to have had several small heart attacks and possible strokes during our ride!
    lolz 4 sure
    Gravity ... is a harsh mistress

banned
    Sep 2007
    I just go out there and ride.... sometimes with others on the board here, most of the time I enjoy solo more, more wildlife sightings when I ride solo. Tons of peeps from the board I've ridden with, some more desirable than others. Sometimes I need a social ride, but the older I get, the more set in my ways I get about riding where I want, when I want, without consideration of other folks schedules.

Being in the Great Outdoors is enough, most of the time, for me. I was never fast, so I didn't have anything to prove.

MTBiking is a small world, ride enough places, at different places, and at different times, at major destinations for mtn biking, and you'll meet lots of people from this board.

derp
    Unfortunately kinda hard considering most of the forum members live across the pond
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

mtbr member
    Met up with three other MTBR members. Have been riding regularly with one of them for three years now, the other guy a couple of years, and the newest guy, just this year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ive met Naturally Aspirated once and a couple of guys from the Oklahoma section. Haven't ridden with any of them however and with the physical shape im in right now i'd get SMOKED.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

I'm in the middle of trying to ride with some East Coasters and a bit inland (Big t PM coming in 3, 2). When I went to Pisgah I'm sure one or two of those dudes posts on here as I mentioned the Adventures with the Pisgah Gnome thread and one dude knew what was up. I didn't get his handle though. His name was Obi. Good stuff. I want to get out and ride all over the place and if I run across some MTBR'ers in the process, awesome; though I'm sure they'd be less hyped to ride with me than I am with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    I'm in the middle of trying to ride with some East Coasters and a bit inland (Big t PM coming in 3, 2). When I went to Pisgah I'm sure one or two of those dudes posts on here as I mentioned the Adventures with the Pisgah Gnome thread and one dude knew what was up. I didn't get his handle though. His name was Obi. Good stuff. I want to get out and ride all over the place and if I run across some MTBR'ers in the process, awesome; though I'm sure they'd be less hyped to ride with me than I am with them.
    Don't be so hard on yourself Monzie.
    Here's my story:
    Iv'e had several encounters of meeting people from the forums over the years. One of my most recent was also a meeting of someone of importance to our industry as well as these forums. About six months ago I moved back to Loveland Colorado after numerous years of California living. Well a couple weeks after moving here I was in a Barns and Noble book store in Fort Collins which is a neighboring city. As I was walking out I notice a guy coming in with a cool looking race style jacket that caught my eye. As I look I notice it as the "Push Industries" logo on it. I knew right away they were a local Loveland company that moved here from California. A mountain bike company specializing in suspension rebuilds of forks and shocks.

So I walked up and made a comment about his badass jacket and asked if he worked there. Just as the words came out of my mouth it dawned on me who he was before he responded. His response was "no I'm Darren the owner". I knew this as I have had conversations with him on these forums and have seen his picture posted on here before. Anyway I introduced myself and talked about this site and my handle. He immediately reccognised my handle and we had a breif conversation as he was with his wife and children. I didn't want to hold him up too long. Overall a pretty cool encounter and a good down to earth friendly guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

banned
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsilva View Post
    Unfortunately kinda hard considering most of the forum members live across the pond
    How about meeting up half way between our shores - Azores or Madeira? Make your pick, I love both.

banned
    Feb 2012
    It might be cool if some of us New Englanders could meet up for a little bit of skiing in NH this coming winter. Cannon mountain anyone?

i'm terrified of skiing. yep. i'm lame. (skis dont have brakes). i'm even scared of sledding too fast. but i'll mtb, go figure.

Monzie, when you (if you) come up, drag Hutch with you! i can show you my fav local trails, but VT is sick!!!!! I think Kingdom closes down pretty soon, but Millstone and Ascutney are ridic. (may need a guide, the trails will become impossible to see from here on out).

some of ya'll are forum celebs in my mind, and i'd be honored to offer my couch for a night of beehs and next day epic riding. Seriously, i'm still beaming from my ride sunday (i mean smiling, not my nipples). Luckily, some of the locals here blow the trails in the fall. (lulz i said blow).
    fap

Live 2 Ride
    I have met two people from MTBR. I rode the local trails with one, turns out he is from this area as well. The other I met when he came down to give me the bike I'm riding now. Awesome gift!
    My Bike: '19 Giant Talon 2 29er
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I ran into Scott Forty G and his wife in the middle of nowhere. When I found out who he was I knew I wanted to ride with him. Here's his ride report from our day!
    http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/sierr...ge-814133.html

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    Did an evening ride with a fellow MTBR brethren tonight through El Prieto ST in Los Angeles. I'll bet 50% of all MTBR members were there tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0