DUI for M Phelps- Mtbr.com
    nvphatty

DUI for M Phelps

mtbr member

DUI for M Phelps

Meh. He's human too. We all make stupid choices sometimes.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    the fuggah can practically swim quicker than i can run but as you mention he is human and subject to his own choices whatever they may be.

Meatbomb
    Why do athletes feel a need to apologize when they eff up? Like we really care that much.

EMBA Member
    84 in a 45. DUI. Punishment should be as severe as a first time offense can be.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Amanda Bynes was also nailed for DUI. I feel the need to punish her a bit for such badness.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    You know, I totally agree with you but this is the second time that he was busted. Who knows how many other times he's driven around doing stupid **** like 2x the speed limit? I know that most of us have as well but after getting arrested and convicted a first time, I don't think I would ever be stupid enough to do it again.

Anybody in Maryland? I wonder what the penalty is for non-Olympians. Start on the betting on what the penalty for an Olympic hero is....100 hours community service?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Is there honestly anywhere in the country that Phelps couldn't afford to take a cab from to get home?

Being a celebrity shouldn't be an excuse for bad judgment-- although unfortunately, it does kind of seem that way nowadays.

R.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Amanda Bynes was also nailed for DUI. I feel the need to punish her a bit for such badness.
    total lost cause. maybe somebody can tell her that she's in Orange is the New Black but she has to live in prison for 10 years while filming.

Meatbomb
    He's not a hero, he's just a damn good swimmer that continues to make poor personal decisions.

El Gato Malo
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    Anybody in Maryland? I wonder what the penalty is for non-Olympians. Start on the betting on what the penalty for an Olympic hero is....100 hours community service?
    Baltimore is more worried about Ray Rice now, Phelps will have to wait his turn.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post
    Baltimore is more worried about Ray Rice now, Phelps will have to wait his turn.
    Yup!
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Just here for the scenery
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    84 in a 45. DUI. Punishment should be as severe as a first time offense can be.
    This... regretfully. That's serious fark-other-people-up territory.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    total lost cause. maybe somebody can tell her that she's in Orange is the New Black but she has to live in prison for 10 years while filming.
    OMG, you are jealous that I mentioned her! WOW!

DFL
    Quote Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
    Is there honestly anywhere in the country that Phelps couldn't afford to take a cab from to get home.

R.
    As far as I'm concerned, if you can afford to go out and drink you can afford to get a cab home.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    This is one thing I am happy to say that will NEVER happen to me.

mtbr member
    Fry him....
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

Ride More, Work Less

DUI for M Phelps

Make him swim up river
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Make him swim schit creek.
    Fify.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

Ride More, Work Less

DUI for M Phelps

Perhaps make his swim in cold water with a pool full of toddlers not wearing swim diapers. We could tell they added the dye that turns the water blue if pee is detected and that he has nothing to fear.

Actually, I say take away his license, fine him heavily and give him maximum community service. Jail doesn't serve the community any good, so might as well make him clean streets, help food shelters, teach youth how to swim, anything.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    OMG, you are jealous that I mentioned her! WOW!
    expect time out over that one.

mtbr member
    How about swim "up" Niagara Falls? Lest's see him do that, even better, do it drunk.
    2017 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 (27.5)

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: DUI for M Phelps

Lol

Maybe Phelps wasn't really drunk, it's just his arms are so long he can't physically touch his nose.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Who effing cares? Make him swim in shark infested tanks with some sharks that haven't been fed in days. At this point, the errors he makes, 2nd drunk driving, pics hitting the bong, he has a permanent "L" tatooed on his forehead, as far as I am concerned. Slow children. 80 in a 45 is beyond poor judgement, people can get killed innocently at that speed. That is where I personally draw the line, when you endanger innocent people in their daily lives, your give up the privilege to drive, it gets revoked, you are a menace to society at large.

mtbr member
    what i don't care to see is the scripted made for tv pr apologies written by the same mrktng/law firms spewin outta some hole that has become the trend.

gobsmacked Moderator

DUI for M Phelps

0.14 is a lot of drinks.

Meatbomb
    I have to laugh at celebs when they get DUI's or crash their expensive cars. If you want to drink and drive fast, rent some time on your local road course.

banned
    Jun 2007
    Up until I read that MP was doing 84 in a 45, my reaction was pity for the officer. Issuing a ticket to a popular sports figure, or politician is often judged harshly by peers. By going more than 30+ over the ticket becomes a felony, and with a solid BAC he's going to be swimming in fines.
    Can only hope that he learns from this, and uses better judgement the next time he goes out to party.
    Glad to have incurred these lessons long ago, as today's water flows faster, has more predators, and all have much bigger teeth.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Although this is no laughing matter, I am going to try to make light of the suituation if only for a moment...

Doesn't alcohol make every thing better? Perhaps twice as good as it is without? I mean why do we drink alcohol if not to escape or feel better?

So, on my theory that alcohol makes everything twice as good, Mr. Phelps ALMOST reached his goal. The speed limit was posted 45 mph. He was trying to make that twice as good by hitting 90 but he was stopped just short of reaching that goal (only 84 mph) by the fuzz. Poor guy. I bet he looks good in orange, though.

banned
    Sep 2007
    0.14 is a lot of drinks.
    That's like 7 drinks if you weigh 200 #.

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: DUI for M Phelps

That's a very high B. A. C. In all seriousness, could've killed someone. Double speed limit is often jail... He'll get probation.

Members who have read this thread: 0