Does this look swollen to you?- Mtbr.com
    Meatbomb

Does this look swollen to you?

Had to have a Tibia Nail installed.... ****ing earth got in my way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

High Desert MTBer
    I don't see any swelling, but you got a bit of a tear there... might wanna get that looked at

Heal fast!
    It's all Here. Now.

Fart smeller
    Wtf happened?!?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

Rabid Lana Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Wtf happened?!?
    ****ing earth got in his way.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

western NC
    Damn! Tibial nail? WTF? Do they just think up the most pain inducing names they can think of? Hope you heal up quickly.

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    You wimp!!! Just grab a stick to bite on then get back on the bike.
    Do not take anything I post seriously. I don't.

mtbr member
    Bandaid and back in the front!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Making the easy look difficult since 1980.

mtbr member
    Gah!!
    I made the mistake of youtubeing the procedure.
    That's about how many power tools I bust out daily as a carpenter. Heal up!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Wtf happened?!?
    Skydiving accident. I screwed up a landing. Low turn and late flair, 2 things you don't want to do and for sure not together. I got target fixated.

Sitting in the hospital hooked up to a morphine pump so excuse any weird post over the next few days.

Hospitals are BORING.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Gah!!
    I made the mistake of youtubeing the procedure.
    That's about how many power tools I bust out daily as a carpenter. Heal up!
    yeah. my leg is black from the break down to my toes.

western NC
    Well, at least you got a cool reason how it happened.

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Skydiving accident. I screwed up a landing. Low turn and late flair, 2 things you don't want to do and for sure not together. I got target fixated.

Sitting in the hospital hooked up to a morphine pump so excuse any weird post over the next few days.

Hospitals are BORING.
    Huh. This is probably the most lucid post you've ever, uhh, posted.

I hear you about hospitals. I spent 2 days in one for a couple of hours once. Luckily, I was facing a door that led out into a busy corridor. Unluckily, for about half that time a woman was sitting there who was in some sort of distress.

Damn earth. Good thing it's not going to be around much longer.

Hope you heal well.

Heather Heyer

Meatbomb
    I've learned that if you don't pee for 3 days they come in and do mean things to your junk to get it out of the bladder.

And the PT girls are ruthless.

I have a window looking out onto a greenbelt with a path. Hot chicks in yoga pants -yumm.... not so hot chicks in yoga pants- not so yumm.

western NC
    And the PT girls are ruthless.
    Before I started PT for my shoulder a buddy of mine told me they're physical terrorists. The tiny woman that did my PT made me a believer in that statement.

Cycologist
    I posted this in a different forum yesterday, seems fitting here:

I had a roommate when we were fresh out of college, who was walking to his car leaving work and attempted to jump over one of those low chains they sometimes use around parking lots. He caught his feet and came down on both elbows, shattering them. We went to see him in the hospital, he was feeling really good from the morphine they had given him after surgery and he told us with a huge smile about this physical therapist who'd come to see him. They ended up getting married.

I also drove by a billboard on my way to the trails yesterday that said "We built this hospital for you". No thanks.

Heal up quick, Phillbo.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Meatbomb
    Morphine is good stuff. The first thing they asked me when they were loading me into the meat wagon was how much did I weigh. I told the EMT 350lbs, he chuckled and told me not to worry he was going to hook me up. They have me on a pump now with a little button you push for a hit. I've figured out you can only get a hit every 7 minutes. I know exactly how long 7 minutes is now. I think I was pushing it in my sleep last night

Pipe Dreamer
    So Phillbo, does the morphine even come close to the high you get jumping out of perfectly good airplanes?

Hang in there man!
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Fart smeller
    Morphine is good stuff. The first thing they asked me when they were loading me into the meat wagon was how much did I weigh. I told the EMT 350lbs, he chuckled and told me not to worry he was going to hook me up. They have me on a pump now with a little button you push for a hit. I've figured out you can only get a hit every 7 minutes. I know exactly how long 7 minutes is now. I think I was pushing it in my sleep last night
    Come down, dude, face reality. You're fukced, and you don't know it. Quit pushing the button, and send the rest to me.

Finch Platte
    123 Main St.
    Anytown, USA

Heather Heyer

Meatbomb
    I'll tell you, morphine is good but when I woke up after the surgery I was hurting soooo bad that I pushed the nurse call button and asked for something stronger. She went and check what the surgeon had approved if needed and came back with a shot of Dilaudid. That stuff.... I could feel it running through my vanes and calming all the pain as it went....

Don't get me wrong. I hate taking pain meds but at this point in time they are needed. I found myself dependent on them after a moto accident about 10 years ago and getting off was not fun.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Holy Ouch!
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    So Phillbo, does the morphine even come close to the high you get jumping out of perfectly good airplanes?

Hang in there man!
    Not even close. I hate taking pain meds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    Well, at least you got a cool reason how it happened.
    Sure. He actually tripped in his laundry room.
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

Meatbomb
    I'm sticking to my story

Meatbomb
    Good news... They are kicking me out tomorrow morning. I guess I've annoyed the Nurses enough and they want to get rid of me

Cycologist
    So no more sponge baths?
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

western NC
    Or morphine?

Meatbomb
    Off the Morphine .... Percocets now. 6 weeks of bed rest and no weigh bearing ... gonna suck !!! PT will suck as well.

Total damage report. Shattered heel with a plate and 2 pins, fractured ankle wit 4 pins , fractured Tib Fib with a Tibia Nail and 5 screws, 2 broken ribs and dislocated shoulder and a broken thumb. Jaw is questionable on x tars but solid black.

effing earth is solid!

Cycologist
    So how is this going to work with your employment? Hopefully that is not an issue.

Meatbomb
    I have a call set with HR on Monday. I just started with the company on April 1st but I have short term disability insurance in place so I'm assuming that is the route I will take. I work from home so once I can rid myself of the need for pain medication I can return to work.

I had no medical insurance for 8 months due to being laid off from my previous career (25 years with the company). I think being out of the sport for that period of time contributed to my poor decision making process when things went to sh!t.

Cycologist
    So you've made it home?

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Phillbo, glad to hear you are making it home. Forgive me father if I have skimmed.

What EXACTLY happened to put you in this predicament?
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Phillbo, glad to hear you are making it home. Forgive me father if I have skimmed.

What EXACTLY happened to put you in this predicament?
    DJ, I am not sure you will be forgiven given that the thread is only 31 posts but here you go. LoL

Hospitals are BORING.

Meatbomb
    Yeah, I'm home and annoying my Wife now instead of the Nurses. Her favorite duty is emptying my pee jug

4 days in the hospital was more than enough for me.

Yeah, I'm home and annoying my Wife now instead of the Nurses. Her favorite duty is emptying my pee jug

4 days in the hospital was more than enough for me.
    And no more skydiving for you Mr.

Thanks Brodino
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Meatbomb
    Sadly, I'm afraid you are correct (not selling my rig yet though). My wife has been asking me to stop for a while and after seeing how scared she was when she first saw me in the hospital I agreed to consider stepping away from the sport.

The cool thing is they just opened an indoor wind tunnel near me so i can get my knees in the breeze without having to drive an hour and a half. I may join a team.

Meatbomb
    Funny story. The Ortho put me in a removable cast if i promised not to put any weight on it until instructed. I can take it off while not up and moving around. The other day the chica and I were laying in bed watching a movie and I had both legs extended right next to each other and realized my left foot was pointing up and to the left when compared to the right foot.

I went in for a follow up this morning and brought this to his attention thinking he had put my leg back together crooked.

When i told he he stated that he had pinned it exactly 11 1/2* off center and that it prevents arthritis issues down the road by allowing the ankle to roll more when i walk. I was relieved.

Funny story. The Ortho put me in a removable cast if i promised not to put any weight on it until instructed. I can take it off while not up and moving around. The other day the chica and I were laying in bed watching a movie and I had both legs extended right next to each other and realized my left foot was pointing up and to the left when compared to the right foot.

I went in for a follow up this morning and brought this to his attention thinking he had put my leg back together crooked.

When i told he he stated that he had pinned it exactly 11 1/2* off center and that it prevents arthritis issues down the road by allowing the ankle to roll more when i walk. I was relieved.
    Quick thinking on his part. Playing along like he planned it that way.

western NC
    LMAO, damn DJ!

Phillbo, glad you're home. And hope you have as speedy a recovery as you can.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Quick thinking on his part. Playing along like he planned it that way.
    I know.... He's a smart cookie. Young kid out of Canada that really knows his sh!t.

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post

Phillbo, glad you're home. And hope you have as speedy a recovery as you can.
    Gracias Amigo!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    How much did you pay for this treatment?

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

Meatbomb
    Insurance has covered it but I'm sure I'll have to cover my deductible which is $1200.00.

Meatbomb
    My Dad called today. He turns 80 on Saturday and wants to go down and do a Tandem. I guess it's time for the crutch of shame at the DZ. I'll have to buy beer too since it's my first heavy metal incident....

BEER RULES:

By entering aircraft or setting foot on facilities is unto itself an agreement and promise to uphold the Biblical bond of BEER RULES.

An unwritten law, one as immutable and irrefutable as gravity and backed by history, states that skydivers enjoy the drinking of BEER almost as much as flight itself.

A manifestation of this fact is the tradition of the buying by an individual skydiver a case of BEER (that being twenty-four cans or bottles holding twelve or more ounces of BEER, ale, or some similar such substance) for his or her fellow jumpers to celebrate the accomplishment of a particular feat or milestone in one’s jump career.
    It is generally recognized that the buying and drinking of such BEER enhances that common bond shared by skydivers and contributes greatly to the body of knowledge concerning parachuting and its related activities.
    It is a sad fact that some skydivers are ignorant of what constitutes a significant achievement (usually and henceforth referred to as a “First”). Equally sad is the fact that some unscrupulously thirsty jumpers will shamelessly try to “weasel” a case of BEER out of a jumper for an inauspicious event.
    Recognizing this, the following happenings are to be regarded as suitable occasions for buying BEER. This list is not to be construed as exhaustive.

BEER COMMANDMENTS

1. Always buy your BEER
    2. Thou shalt never buy cheap BEER
    3. Thou shall not bear false witness about buying your BEER
    4. Thou shall not buy only green bottles
    5. Thou shall covet thy neighbor’s BEER
    6. Thou shall not hold other drinks above BEER
    7. Thou shall not lead students astray from buying their BEER or other equally high-quality BEER in other colored bottles
    Suitable Occasions
    For Buying
    One’s Beer

1. First jump (It is not required of students. They are simply encouraged to participate).
    2. If more than one first is SAFELY accomplished on a single jump, only one case of BEER is required.
    3. Participation is voluntary. If a skydiver chooses not to participate by buying, neither shall the skydiver enjoy the fruits of the accomplishments of other.
    4. Non-drinkers may buy two large pizza’s, two cases of freeze pops or two cases of Favorite Water.
    5. It is generally recognized that using a reserve parachute for the purpose of saving’s one’s worthless, non-packing self from a gory death requires him to buy the saving rigger dinner or the bottle of liquor of the riggers choice.
    Notable & Important First’s

After Completing the student course of instruction: One will be looking forward to these important miles stones and celebrations amongst the community.

First four-way
    First CRW
    First time in the peas
    First night jump
    First kiss pass
    First competition
    First water jump
    First naked jump
    First jump on your own pack job
    First jump on a new main or rig (purchased, not borrowed)
    First time you get your name or photo in “Parachutist” Magazine
    First jump at a new Drop Zone
    First jump at a Drop Zone in a foreign country
    First jump on a different continent
    First cutaway/reserve ride
    First save (you riggers thought you were getting off easy)
    First jump in a new type of aircraft
    First wing suit jump
    First demo jump
    First camera jump
    First broken bone
    Any license, award, rating, or badge
    Any jump ending in “00”
    Gross safety violations not resulting in serious injury or death, such

as but not limited to:

BEER lines
    Runways
    Taxiways
    Jousting – The act of landing against the pattern
    Object Strikes (ie; buildings, windsock, trees, cars, planes, people, etc. etc.

mtbr member
    ^ That's awesome and I love the brotherhood aspect of the hobby/lifestyle. It seems the higher the potential consequences the tighter the crew...by necessity. You've inspired me and I'm going to work some of them into my crews routine because....
    BEEEEEEEER
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Meatbomb
    I was cleared today to put weight on the leg. PT was weird !!! Lots of ice and flexing and then I took my first step in months... it was not a step it was a accelerated limp. It's strange to be afraid to walk on my leg.... It's my hip that bothers me the most.. PT nazi chica (she's cool but I have to give her a hard time, it's part of the process) pushes me hard.

Fart smeller
    I was cleared today to put weight on the leg. PT was weird !!! Lots of ice and flexing and then I took my first step in months... it was not a step it was a accelerated limp. It's strange to be afraid to walk on my leg.... It's my hip that bothers me the most.. PT nazi chica (she's cool but I have to give her a hard time, it's part of the process) pushes me hard.
    Man, I hope this goes well for you. Speaking from experience, every iota of pain you put in the bank today reaps rewards later. I was lax when doing PT on my finger, and it's pretty much a shadow of its former self.

Good luck.

Heather Heyer