Does Aldo Nova have a fan club?- Mtbr.com
    Afric Pepperbird

Does Aldo Nova have a fan club?

Just curious, cuz I'd want to join!

mtbr member
    Yeah but it's pretty exclusive, I think the only members are Aldo and his mom.
    I brake for stinkbugs

Here, diagonally!
    I'm the third. I mailed in my fan club dues in '83, and I'm still waiting for my official Aldo Nova laser gun.

In the meantime, I'll listen to one of his badass songs.

Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Is it blue on one side and white on the other or did you buy two of whatever that is?

Cycologist
    Well, yeah. We all wondered why you never showed up for the meetings. Aldo was really hoping you'd be there last time and was quite depressed to find that once again, no dirt.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Here, diagonally!
    Not to mention getting bullied at school for wearing an Aldo Nova t-shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by noapathy View Post
    Is it blue on one side and white on the other or did you buy two of whatever that is?

9 lives
    What a blast from the past. Got that catchy tune on vinyl. Somewhere.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Pipe Dreamer
    Separated at birth?

Does Aldo Nova have a fan club?-aldo.jpg
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    I had that vinyl as well Judy. My fan club card was revoked after that album was lost along with all my other ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Co Springs
    Hah, There's a good throw-back.

Then-current music was a thing at the time when I worked around sound equipment and selling stereo stuff in those days.
    The local paraphernalia supply/record store worked out a deal with us for a nice sound set-up we loaned them in exchange for two or three dozen fresh vinyl borrowed every month keeping up with top 40, classics or the latest potentials.

Aldo Nova / Fantasy is synonymous with some of the younger kids (I was 22 or so) coming in to sample the bigger, elaborate sound systems and Klipsch speakers.

One such guy had an unfortunate accident that left him somewhat disabled but financially very comfortable. It was fun helping him get the system of his dreams and seeing his face light up any time he was in the store. We had Aldo rocking the store any time we seen this guy walking toward the doors.
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Saw Aldo Nova at the Rose Bowl in 1982 along with Journey, Blue Oyster Cult and Triumph. For an opener with those other three bands, Aldo was pretty decent . . . . . as I recall. Helluva of a concert, and the fireworks show afterwards (two days prior to July 4th) got a little crazy as they were going off pretty close to us and the spent debris was falling all around us in the stands.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
    Saw Aldo Nova at the Rose Bowl in 1982 along with Journey, Blue Oyster Cult and Triumph. For an opener with those other three bands, Aldo was pretty decent . . . . . as I recall. Helluva of a concert, and the fireworks show afterwards (two days prior to July 4th) got a little crazy as they were going off pretty close to us and the spent debris was falling all around us in the stands.
    That's quite a nice list of groups at that time.
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

mtbr member
    You could try to join the fan club, but it's just a fantasy and you'd only be foolin' yourself.

High Plains Luddite
    Saw Aldo Nova at the Rose Bowl in 1982 along with Journey, Blue Oyster Cult and Triumph.
    I was just thinking it was probably 1982-ish when I saw Aldo Nova open for Blue Oyster Cult at the old Charlotte Coliseum.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    That's quite a nice list of groups at that time.
    That was a damn fine rock-n-roll show fer sher.

mtbr member
    I enjoyed Aldo Nova back in the day...
    I've been on pause, but I'm shaking off the rust...

Cycologist
    That was a damn fine rock-n-roll show fer sher.
    Was Aldo wearing his leopard skin pajamas? Did he zap anything with his photon beam guitar?
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Was Aldo wearing his leopard skin pajamas? Did he zap anything with his photon beam guitar?
    That album was pretty good, but then they fizzled out and I jumped on the Y&T bandwagon.

mtbr member
    30 some odd years ago the subject of best and worst bands of all times used to come up fairly often amongst my compatriots, usually after many, many drinks, and though I can't remember every contender for all time worst I distinctly recall Aldo Nova coming up for consideration pretty much every single time. I think Alanis Morissette may have been up there too.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Aldo (or Alanis) fans, music is totally subjective so of course "my" music is the best, and so is yours even if it's completely different.
    I brake for stinkbugs

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by seandm View Post
    That album was pretty good, but then they fizzled out and I jumped on the Y&T bandwagon.
    Another band I saw 'back-in-the-day', probably late 70's, and when they were still going by 'Yesterday & Today' rather than 'Y & T'. Saw them at a very small nightclub, and basically stood five feet away and just watched Dave Meniketti shred until his guitar spontaneously combusted. He then turned into a bat and flew out the window.

OK, the last two things did not happen, but the man did shred.
    =====================

As for Aldo, I do remember he was gussied up, but don't remember exactly if it was leopard print or not. He didn't play for a long time IIRC, but I remember liking his time on stage and have nothing bad to say about his performance.

Cycologist
    Actually, after this thread was started I looked up Aldo on wikipedia. He didn't really fade away, he got in a dispute with his record company and quit recording waiting for his contract to expire. He did a lot of writing and producing, he wrote the main guitar riff for Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory", and produced some Celine Dion albums, as well as writing for her and recording with her; even winning a Grammy for production. In 2003, he had a number one hit, cowriting a song for Clay Aiken.

All while wearing his leopard skin pajamas!

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Actually, after this thread was started I looked up Aldo on wikipedia. He didn't really fade away, he got in a dispute with his record company and quit recording waiting for his contract to expire. He did a lot of writing and producing, he wrote the main guitar riff for Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory", and produced some Celine Dion albums, as well as writing for her and recording with her; even winning a Grammy for production. In 2003, he had a number one hit, cowriting a song for Clay Aiken.

All while wearing his leopard skin pajamas!
    Just an FYI he stopped wearing the leopard skin pajamas during the Celine Dion collaboration. She demanded he stop and even put it in his contract. Apparently they clashed with her black and white pinstriped suits.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.