mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Do you browse sub-forums?

I've got a thread/ question i'm trying to get answered in the suspension sub-forum.

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspen...tk-800049.html

hasn't gotten any hits, could just be nobody knows/cares/hates me, but it got me wondering.

i always just hit new posts and then browse around from there, occassionally clicking on passion, SS, or XC racing/training because they tend to have the more interesting topics.

so do you stick to a few sub-forums or just go to new posts?

mtbr member
    I normally just browse my local (AZ) forum. Occasionally I'll click on a diferent sub forum of interest to me like brakes, suspension, Giant, GPS... Never checked out any of the other 'Regions', and I didn't even know there was a way to look at new posts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    beginners, off-camber, cyclocross and commuters. sometimes the norcal

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1822 View Post
    I normally just browse my local (AZ) forum. Occasionally I'll click on a diferent sub forum of interest to me like brakes, suspension, Giant, GPS... Never checked out any of the other 'Regions', and I didn't even know there was a way to look at new posts.
    yeah the blue bar below your username info. next to search. most forums have them and its really a handy feature. i kinda though everyone used it but never knew for sure

since 4/10/2009
    I use new posts on some forums, but not here. I really don't care about most of the regional forums or the brand-specific ones. and I'm just not qualified for most of the tech forums. I go to them when I have a question. the exception being the GPS forum.

I frequently lurk in Passion. I post in General, Commuting, Bikepacking, Beginners (sometimes), and occasionally visit Trailbuilding to look for mapping/GPS threads there. I usually only tend to visit the regional forum for the place I live and maybe for a place I'm considering vacation riding. But not often.

In the tech forums, even the folks who know a lot often don't know every brand and/or every model. I don't see that model of fork discussed very often, so it seems to be one of those that falls between the cracks. You're going to have to find your own answers. Sometimes, you've just gotta do that.

I had a suspension question awhile back when I was working on my fork (Fox Float RL....very common, so lots of people know it well) and I turned up a lot of posts where folks had the same problem I did, but no conclusive answers about why it happened, how to prevent it, or how to fix it. I went back to the bike and figured out what was going on myself. When I did, I took pictures and posted my solution so others could use it.

Sounds like your problem could be answered quickly enough with a phone call to RockShox customer support.

meow meow
    am, dh, ot, general, maybe ma and spec too if im feeling lively.

I hate that name.
    29er (both), general, off camber, southeast, fisher, trek. When I get bored- fatbike, beginner, bike & frame.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

Members who have read this thread: 0