Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Deleted

  1. #1
    Life Is Short
    Reputation: fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,567

    Deleted

    the road to hell is paved with good intentions
    Last edited by fatcat; 06-25-2012 at 02:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Pedaler of dirt
    Reputation: marzjennings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    902
    Nothing, as neither texting or talking on a phone while driving are illegal in Texas. I think both should be illegal, but until the law changes I'm not going to hassle drivers for doing something legal.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,735
    You do everything you can to regulate other people's behaviors don't you?
    First clydes, now cell phone users.
    It's none of your business what that guy was doing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  4. #4
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    I piss myself and forget who I am for about 30 minutes.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    68
    I text them and tell them to knock it off.

  6. #6
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    I mind my own business.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,425
    If im in my car I usually just ride along side them until they either hit me or look up and realize im staring at them. Theyve only called the cops once.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

  8. #8
    Endo King
    Reputation: MtnHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post
    I piss myself and forget who I am for about 30 minutes.
    LMAO
    "I didn't surrender. They took my horse and made him surrender..."
    -Chief Lone Watie

  9. #9
    Big Mac
    Reputation: mbmb65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,363
    I'm usually too busy texting to notice what other people are doing. It's hard enough for me to smoke and text while driving. No way I could pay attention to my environment.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,425
    From a comedian I heard on the radio once...


    "I was driving to work the other day and ran up next to this clown on the highway who was shaving, and tieing his tie between bites of a breakfast sandwhich. It scared me so bad I nearly dropped my newspaper."
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

  11. #11
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    24,389
    if they're not driving like idiots, nothing.

    if someone is driving like an idiot, I usually honk as I pass them. regardless of whether they are on a cell phone or not.

    occasionally, I call the cops...like when I was rear-ended in standstill traffic by some chick who was sniffing her armpits (and yes, I told the cop that).

  12. #12
    Rabid Lana fan
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,793
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    ...I was rear-ended by some chick who was sniffing her armpits...
    Was that here in the States?

    Because in Bangkok, I'm pretty sure you have to pay extra for that.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

  13. #13
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    24,389
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Was that here in the States?

    Because in Bangkok, I'm pretty sure you have to pay extra for that.
    I was waiting for that joke. haha. it was in Ohio.

  14. #14
    Life Is Short
    Reputation: fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    You do everything you can to regulate other people's behaviors don't you?
    First clydes, now cell phone users.
    It's none of your business what that guy was doing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When someone rear ends you with your family in your vehicle
    and you find out it was a moron texting I'm sure you'll change your tune.
    (It happened to me and yeah, it was none of my business) Peace.

  15. #15
    Life Is Short
    Reputation: fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    I mind my own business.
    Ok but tell that to triathlete Amine Britel's family. She was killed on her bike in california by a texting
    driver last year


  16. #16
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Ok but tell that to triathlete Amine Britel's family. She was killed on her bike in california by a texting
    driver last year



    Yeah? And I'm going to do what about that? You overlook that in many states road rage starts with little more than a glance it seems, and in my state weapons are prevalent. Furthermore, I am not employed by the police state so I feel no overwhelming need to be a Nanny to every mouth breather that thinks they have things figured out. Darwin was right, these things usually sort themselves out. I mind my own business.

  17. #17
    Life Is Short
    Reputation: fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Yeah? And I'm going to do what about that? You overlook that in many states road rage starts with little more than a glance it seems, and in my state weapons are prevalent. Furthermore, I am not employed by the police state so I feel no overwhelming need to be a Nanny to every mouth breather that thinks they have things figured out. Darwin was right, these things usually sort themselves out. I mind my own business.
    Ok, every state except Arizona. I lived and worked in Phoenix (KPNX) Also the
    immigration issue with your governor is your state's business. Not a believer
    in Darwin though

  18. #18
    meow meow
    Reputation: b-kul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,622
    you dont believe in evolution? wtf?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    you dont believe in evolution? wtf?
    Evolution? No. Devolution? Yes.

  20. #20
    Retired User
    Reputation: wbmason55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Ok, every state except Arizona. I lived and worked in Phoenix (KPNX) Also the
    immigration issue with your governor is your state's business. Not a believer
    in Darwin though
    Uh okay. But it's pretty universally accepted that Darwin was an Englishman who lived from 1809-1882. I've heard of people that doubt the existence of William Shakespeare, but never Darwin.

  21. #21
    Life Is Short
    Reputation: fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by wbmason55 View Post
    Uh okay. But it's pretty universally accepted that Darwin was an Englishman who lived from 1809-1882. I've heard of people that doubt the existence of William Shakespeare, but never Darwin.
    OMG, I never said I didn't believe in the existence of Darwin, I just don't believe in him
    As in you don't necessarily have to believe in Christ but you can believe he existed
    or not believe in the Tora but agree Judaism exists.

  22. #22
    STEEL IS REAL
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,900
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    If im in my car I usually just ride along side them until they either hit me or look up and realize im staring at them. Theyve only called the cops once.
    If you are staring at them, aren't you also guilty of being "distracted"???

    Eyes on the road, friends!
    Last edited by Hawgzilla; 06-26-2012 at 07:03 AM.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  23. #23
    Retired User
    Reputation: wbmason55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    OMG, I never said I didn't believe in the existence of Darwin, I just don't believe in him
    As in you don't necessarily have to believe in Christ but you can believe he existed
    or not believe in the Tora but agree Judaism exists.
    What I believe you are talking about is "Darwinism."

    And I hear where you're coming from bro, after all, I'm a Copernican doubter myself. There's no evidence I've seen to make me definitely believe that the earth rotates around the sun.

  24. #24
    Life Is Short
    Reputation: fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by wbmason55 View Post
    What I believe you are talking about is "Darwinism."

    And I hear where you're coming from bro, after all, I'm a Copernican doubter myself. There's no evidence I've seen to make me definitely believe that the earth rotates around the sun.
    You're kind of like me, just because someone or a group states something , it doesn't necessarily means
    thats its true. Looking Outside the Box is what I like to be known as. I never like being herded into something just because of tradition, groups, etc.

    There really is no proof the earth rotates around the sun, the sun's gravitational pull will actually pull planets into it.
    There's probably some sort of catalyst that prevents the planets from doing so.

    But again, I don't follow the herd, maybe thats why I'm a journalist. I love asking questions and trying to get answers that are rarely asked.

    However my proactive attitude annoys some people who are of the herd. For example last year at the local Italian joint, I noticed the spaghetti sauce was very sweet. So I asked the waitress why so damn sweet, and she replied that it was the 'family recipe"
    that was handed down generation tras generation from the old country. I then replied,
    "well its been handed down wrong, its too damn sweet". She nodded and said I know
    everyone says that. Recently went there and its not sweet anymore

    P.S.---I really wanted to tell the waitress I didn't ask where the recipe came from I
    just wanted to know why it was so sweet. But I was with my wife and she would have rolled her eyes.

  25. #25
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,198
    The Earth does not rotate around the sun, it orbits it.

  26. #26
    Retired User
    Reputation: wbmason55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    The Earth does not rotate around the sun, it orbits it.
    Not exactly, it actually rotates around the sun and orbits the sun (it also wobbles a bit) .

    What the hell is this thread about anyways?

  27. #27
    STEEL IS REAL
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,900
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    if they're not driving like idiots, nothing.

    if someone is driving like an idiot, I usually honk as I pass them. regardless of whether they are on a cell phone or not.

    occasionally, I call the cops...like when I was rear-ended in standstill traffic by some chick who was sniffing her armpits (and yes, I told the cop that).
    I was rear ended at a stop light this past November by a chick who was texting. She thought the light turned green and punched the gas pedal straight into my truck. Ruined my bumper, minor body damage, a scared to death daughter, but the worst part is that she smashed my bike rack!!!

    My bike rack peeled her hood back a bit, , on her brand new, w/o plates, Honda Accord.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,425
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    If you are starring at them, aren't you also guilty of being "distracted"???

    Eyes on the road, friends!
    You mean you dont have the drive and stare perfected?
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

  29. #29
    STEEL IS REAL
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,900
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    You mean you dont have the drive and stare perfected?
    I only stare if she's pretty.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    737
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    the road to hell is paved with good intentions
    Not the way you're driving.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.