REALLY?

Was curious moderators...

Why was my "Cat Passion" thread moved over here, there are plenty of other (non-bike "passion") threads in the "passion" forum I can point out that were never moved, "Dog Passion, Car Passion, Tattoo Passion, Bat-Sperm-Pudding-Cook-Off-Passion, (ok, so I made the last one up) you get the point.

So, do you have something against cats - or are you a "dog" person?

Shameless cat plug: (Although I'm sure a few will disagree w/ me). Cats are superior pets - dogs need humans, cats don't. Dogs generally dont groom themselves, and if you dont feed them theres a very high probability it will die.

Cats on the other hand, they groom themselves, and are by instinct far better hunter/killers when it comes to food.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

REALLY?
    Are you being serious? Stop polluting mtbr with this lame ass ********. Cats are horrible pets by the way.

Thanks, but why dont you ask me your question here -IN THIS THREAD- instead of the neg rep form you forgot to sign your name too, and I'll be more than happy to answer your question and reply to your comment.

On second thought, probably good you didnt sign, but you might want to keep your opinions to yourself from now on - you probably dont want the better half of this forum who are cat lovers, dog lovers, or both (I am both) to hand you your a$$ for hating on cats, or for negging me with a comment that carries with it mentality of a 12 year old...have a nice day.
    Last edited by jeffgothro; 05-21-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

Keep pedaling
    I see a lot of threads that are boring to me, so I just ignore them. People who aren't interested in cats didn't have to open your thread. Instead of complaining or criticizing, they could have just ignored the thread.

We don't all have the same passions. Why can't people be more tolerant?

Maybe the moderators are just trying to get more activity in the off-camber forum.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgothro View Post
    Why was my "Cat Passion" thread moved over here, there are plenty of other (non-bike "passion") threads in the "passion" forum I can point out that were never moved, "Dog Passion, Car Passion, Tattoo Passion, Bat-Sperm-Pudding-Cook-Off-Passion, (ok, so I made the last one up) you get the point.

So, do you have something against cats - or are you a "dog" person?

Shameless cat plug: (Although I'm sure a few will disagree w/ me). Cats are superior pets - dogs need humans, cats don't. Dogs generally dont groom themselves, and if you dont feed them theres a very high probability it will die.

Cats on the other hand, they groom themselves, and are by instinct far better hunter/killers when it comes to food.

It was probably moved because it devolved into a flame fest, it was a thread off course with out any intervention from the OP to steer it back on course. When you initiate a thread it comes with the responsibility to nurture it or kill it, you did neither. My two cents.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Hey!! I like cats. My cat is my buddy. And if she drank beer she would be my pub partner. So there.

since 4/10/2009
    I read it when it was first posted, decided not to participate, and moved on. if it turned into a flame war, then I can see why it was moved.

IOW why any non-bike passion threads are permitted to remain there, for that matter. there are certainly enough boards to fit just about any topic that doesn't fit there.

AZ
    banned

Sweep the leg!
    because this is the forum for pussies? meow.

Merlin's hanging in. He's not happy when I give him the prednisone but it has given him an appetite. He's even less happy getting an IV for fluids.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks, but why dont you ask me your question here -IN THIS THREAD- instead of the neg rep form you forgot to sign your name too, and I'll be more than happy to answer your question and reply to your comment.

On second thought, probably good you didnt sign, but you might want to keep your opinions to yourself from now on - you probably dont want the better half of this forum who are cat lovers, dog lovers, or both (I am both) to hand you your a$$ for hating on cats, or for negging me with a comment that carries with it mentality of a 12 year old...have a nice day.
    Dude. With all due respect, you obsess for this neg rep thing WAY too much. In many posts, you have copied and pasted your neg rep into threads and responded to them. Then, you finish off with a lofty "have a nice day". Give it a rest, man - unless you like the aggravation, you can collapse (clicking on the little arrows) the reputation comments so you don't have to read them. I don't read my rep, positive or negative. I, personally, don't need the aggravation from the negative people. Do you like to be aggravated?

I know you're going to respond to my post with some kind of "it's all done in sarcasm" type fashion to save face, but when you see somebody consistently cross post their neg rep the way you do, we pretty much all agree that you are obsessing over it.

BTW, you'll never cross post my neg rep. I don't give neg rep.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    because this is the forum for pussies? meow.

Merlin's hanging in. He's not happy when I give him the prednisone but it has given him an appetite. He's even less happy getting an IV for fluids.

Sorry to hear about Merlin. I went through the same thing with a 1 year old cat I had named Chloe. Someone poisoned her and her kidney's shut down. 1 liter a day of saline by IV. She got tired of the routine, and one day she never came home. I still miss her. :-(

REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Dude. With all due respect, you obsess for this neg rep thing WAY too much. In many posts, you have copied and pasted your neg rep into threads and responded to them. Then, you finish off with a lofty "have a nice day". Give it a rest, man - unless you like the aggravation, you can collapse (clicking on the little arrows) the reputation comments so you don't have to read them. I don't read my rep, positive or negative. I, personally, don't need the aggravation from the negative people. Do you like to be aggravated?

I know you're going to respond to my post with some kind of "it's all done in sarcasm" type fashion to save face, but when you see somebody consistently cross post their neg rep the way you do, we pretty much all agree that you are obsessing over it.

BTW, you'll never cross post my neg rep. I don't give neg rep.

No, I wont insult or patronise you by passing it off as sarcasm, or try to save face. What I will tell you though is, I'm the kind of person, if you got a problem with anything I've said, comment, or opinion, or whatever come out with it, face me like a man (or as much as you possibly can online), lets get this out in the open and talk about it, dont hide behind the keyboard, fake names, or neg reps like a pu$$y (pun intended). Unlike some people, I really dont get aggrivated very easy even if it seems like I do (usually to stoned or don't give a sh*t anyway), and in real life even in my most heated arguments, usually the other guy is the one upset and yelling at the top of his lungs, and being a d*ck in general and I'm sitting back keeping it cool and watching the other guy act up a 8 year old. Sometimes, I just say fcuk it and walk - cant deal with nagative, unreasonable, or upset people. Such are the people who hand out the neg reps (take this thread for example - it was specifically for the most part for the mods - yet some jackwagon thought it would be productive to neg me for it - and IMO, there is no excuse for that type of ignorance).

I don't neg rep here either - or when I do/have its been VERY, VERY, rare and I sign it.

This guy signed it...I respect that, no problem, in fact, if I could find his name anywhere (did a forum search), I'ed probably pos rep him.

dont **** where u eat...sasquatch
    Last edited by jeffgothro; 05-21-2012 at 12:42 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm very fond of cats, and I recently lost one that I'd had since she was a kitten--almost 18 years! She was a fine cat and a good friend.

But I think most of folks who post off topic-ey things in passion try (with varying degrees of success) to link them however tenuously to riding. I.E., most dog threads there relate to riding with dogs, most car threads to driving to trail heads/riding road trips, etc. There's just no way to my mind to link cats and riding. (Though I personally know of two separate occasions when a kitten was rescued when found along a trail and carried out in a camelback!)

So this is probably a better place for your thread. Being off topic (and posted in the appropriate forum) doesn't make it less important if people care about it...

Here's Grub--she was helping me unpack some goodies for my basement bike workshop! We had her put down on Mother's day.

Last edited by SteveF; 05-21-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Is not amused
    Did not read any of the above except the op's and noticed that, not one mod has responded or maybe I missed if you received a pm. That should be your answer as to why it was moved. The passion forum has gone a little too much in the way of free lancing as of lately but question for you OP pertaining to cats. When is the last time your cat went down the trail with you riding on leash or off? I'm not bashing your threads or anything because some cats are outdoor cats but not once besides photoshops of hucking kitty have I ever seen someone cycling while having their feline friend with them.
    Last edited by Hutch3637; 05-21-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

All fat, all the time.
    Lol huckin kitty. the only cat I like haha.

I agree though, just because the title has "passion" in it, doesn't mean it should go in that forum.

meow meow
    there is a pooping thread in passion. that should prove jeff's point...

meow meow
    edit: i see pooping passion has been moved.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    funny...i read the title as if you were 'Mod Curious'....

rawr....

* OT threads belong here...not in Passion FYI *
    Click Here for Forum Rules

REALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Did not read any of the above except the op's and noticed that, not one mod has responded or maybe I missed if you received a pm. That should be your answer as to why it was moved. The passion forum has gone a little too much in the way of free lancing as of lately but question for you OP pertaining to cats. When is the last time your cat went down the trail with you riding on leash or off? I'm not bashing your threads or anything because some cats are outdoor cats but not once besides photoshops of hucking kitty have I ever seen someone cycling while having their feline friend with them.

I used to have a leash trained cat. Havent taken the cat on the trail, although they make handlebar clip on small doggy/kittie bags, I probably will leave the cat at home, dont think she'ed like it, and, kinda cuts down on my fun as of I would have to slow way down from my normal speeds. In all honesty, I dont believe pets and bikes should be on the trail together, just my 0.2 cents.

Is not amused
    I used to have a leash trained cat. Havent taken the cat on the trail, although they make handlebar clip on small doggy/kittie bags, I probably will leave the cat at home, dont think she'ed like it, and, kinda cuts down on my fun as of I would have to slow way down from my normal speeds. In all honesty, I dont believe pets and bikes should be on the trail together, just my 0.2 cents.
    I just want to see a real life huckin kitty. Who else is with me on this one?

REALLY?
    Hucking? You want to see a cat from hamlet a civil parish in the Maidstone District of Kent, England?

Hucking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh...I see.

Giantismic
    05-07-02, 05:08 PM
    Im a newbie, I know, but im curious what a huckable bike is.

Does it have to do with jumping? Is a Giant Rainier huckable?
    Dirtgrinder
    05-07-02, 06:44 PM
    From what I understand it just means jumping or dropping off something. It's such a slang term it means different things in different sports.
    What the huck is hucking [Archive] - Bike Forums

So, you want me to "jump" and take "drops" with my kittie on or attached to the bike? Aint going to happen, its no fun, for me, and especially the cat...so, no.

Is not amused

Picture Unrelated
    It's pretty straight forward why the thread got moved; the Passion forum tagline is "Share riding experiences". I loves me some cats but they have nothing to do with riding thus the topic got moved to the appropriate place: the off topic area.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Members who have read this thread: 0