COVID-19 has brought out the tinfoil hat crowd again...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Fart smeller
    "Skepticism that was, until very recently, encouraged by government officials themselves such as President Trump..."

Yep.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    Rolling Stone.
    The go to source for Scientific information on COVID-19.

"Skepticism that was, until very recently, encouraged by government officials themselves such as President Trump..."
    Skepticism is the first line antidote to conspiracy theories.
    Freedom is a shield against the negative consequences of the Foolishness of others.

mtbr member
    its all from 5g. It gets in your brain and causes the virus. then they can give you the vaccine. It's full of nano robots to control your mind.

I actually heard someone say that.

I have also heard was it was a biological weapon made by china that was accidentally released through poor safety control. kinda like a biological Chernobyl.

last was it was intentionally released during the 2019 Military World Games held on October 18-27th in Wuhan, China.

I don't have a tin foil had but I think my neighbor does. He might let you borrow it.
    Dont make me go all Jonathan Winters on this gas station.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Rolling Stone, leftist rag. A certain percentage of this country hates Trump, and the rest don't care. Go ride and don't dwell in hate media.
    2020 Giant Trance 29
    2018 Jamis Dragonslayer
    2018 Orbea Alma
    1998 Trek 930

mtbr member
    One of the hardest parts about all this has been coping with how incredibly stupid people are.

The PRESIDENT basically back to back called this a hoax, then congratulated himself on how it was handled. People filling shopping carts with milk that's going to expire. Toilet paper? What are people even thinking with hoarding toilet paper? The second it was announced that a contagious virus is circulating and people need to stay away from crowds, we formed crowds everywhere on a nationwide basis.

I have a few friends who work in hospitals as nurses. Every half a tard in 100 miles wants to be tested despite having no symptoms or actual illness. Medical supplies have been bought in bulk to be resold on amazon so much so that hospitals are coming up with ways to reuse masks.

Not kidding, I think I actually have it too. Tight chest, non productive cough, etc. Thats becoming the least concerning part about all of this. I had to have pretty major negotiations with my employer to take ANY time off, and I work with the public with an extremely high potential to spread to a *lot* of people.

We're incredibly set on doing the wrong thing.

Straight out tha traila
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    The PRESIDENT basically back to back called this a hoax,
    No

But I agree with the rest of your post. Crazy times and crazy people!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

Pipe Dreamer
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

mtbr member
    Have to ask you guys, what is the current style of tinfoil hat? I'm way out of touch on this subject. Is it pointed or more like a beret? Or since this came from China do you need to make it more like a dǒulì? Or should I wear a Coppola? What are you wearing?

Your bike sucks
    before this devolves too quickly: implied it was a hoax of some level. carelessly casting doubt on trustworthy, expert sources - with the consequences that are present for all to see. it's a tactic - be just unspecific enough that you can shrug your shoulders later and go "oh what I really meant was...." and fill it in w/ 20/20 hindsight.
    Working to stomp out redundancy, I repeat, working to stomp out redundancy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    No
    Heres the whole quote, at a political rally.
    Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that.
    This was feb 28th.

We're still lagging on a response today, and he was already congratulating himself weeks ago. It would be one thing if he was right and we actually had it under control in February, but we totally didnt.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    One of the hardest parts about all this has been coping with how incredibly stupid people are.

The PRESIDENT basically back to back called this a hoax, then congratulated himself on how it was handled. People filling shopping carts with milk that's going to expire. Toilet paper? What are people even thinking with hoarding toilet paper? The second it was announced that a contagious virus is circulating and people need to stay away from crowds, we formed crowds everywhere on a nationwide basis.

I have a few friends who work in hospitals as nurses. Every half a tard in 100 miles wants to be tested despite having no symptoms or actual illness. Medical supplies have been bought in bulk to be resold on amazon so much so that hospitals are coming up with ways to reuse masks.

Not kidding, I think I actually have it too. Tight chest, non productive cough, etc. Thats becoming the least concerning part about all of this. I had to have pretty major negotiations with my employer to take ANY time off, and I work with the public with an extremely high potential to spread to a *lot* of people.

We're incredibly set on doing the wrong thing.
    And the old man who is a wannabe president called him racist for banning travel from China......Everyone was wrong on this one, the EU has admitted it.....hell, the Dems were too busy with impeachment when action that would have mattered could have been taken, so bash away. Or, leave politics out of it and move on. Nobody cares about our opinions, and you aren't changing any minds by posting incendiary political rhetoric. Nobody cares about our individual opinions.
    2020 Giant Trance 29
    2018 Jamis Dragonslayer
    2018 Orbea Alma
    1998 Trek 930

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post
    Have to ask you guys, what is the current style of tinfoil hat? I'm way out of touch on this subject. Is it pointed or more like a beret? Or since this came from China do you need to make it more like a dǒulì? Or should I wear a Coppola? What are you wearing?
    Only the pointed ones work, everybody knows that.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

One ring to mash them all
    Go Fact Yourself.

Real eyes realize real lies.

mtbr member
    Damn gonna have to change my whole wardrobe. I have nothing that matches a pointed hat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grodyman View Post
    And the old man who is a wannabe president called him racist for banning travel from China......Everyone was wrong on this one, the EU has admitted it.....hell, the Dems were too busy with impeachment when action that would have mattered could have been taken, so bash away. Or, leave politics out of it and move on. Nobody cares about our opinions, and you aren't changing any minds by posting incendiary political rhetoric. Nobody cares about our individual opinions.
    Peoples stupid opinions are actually harming people right now, in a very tangible way. That was kind of my point...

Some peoples opinion is that this is still a hoax and they refuse to stop. Some people refuse to believe that them buying the entire shelf of supplies hurts others.

Most of the world is admitting to being blindsided by this, because we all totally were and no one could have been prepared. But now we have more info and can make more informed choices, and step one of that is saying "shit, i was wrong... lets do something different".

Having nonsense spouted off from the top doesnt inspire confidence. It makes people scared, and then for god knows what reason, they stand in packed lines for 3 hours, coughing on eachother, to buy another case of toilet paper.

Straight out tha traila
    Yes I know
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

mtbr member
    Still can’t find the quote......
    Freedom is a shield against the negative consequences of the Foolishness of others.

mtbr member
    Is this a challenge to see how few posts it takes to get a thread shut down?

mtbr member
    Temporary social distancing therapy waiver.....

Maaaaan

I have also heard was it was a biological weapon made by china that was accidentally released through poor safety control. kinda like a biological Chernobyl.
    There is reason to suspect that one. The first known patient of COVID-19 was just down the road from China's bio lab.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar View Post
    There is reason to suspect that one. The first known patient of COVID-19 was just down the road from China's bio lab.
    That was the first controversy/rumor that I heard.

All I can do is sit back and laugh, and avoid groups of 10 or more and keep my social distance of 6 feet or more, and hope that the groceries that I need will be there when I go to hoard some, and chew my nails, and take my temperature, and drink room temp water, and wash my hands excessively, and share rumors and jokes with my friends and family, and wear gloves and a mask when I go outside only for the essentials, and enjoy empty roads and freeways and cheaper gas, and deal with price gouging and item quantity limits, and rude/panicking people, and hope all my clients don't discontinue service, and hope that my wife can get unemployment, and sip beer, and read the crazy things you silly OCers post on eMpTyBeeR...

Pipe Dreamer
    At least you've got strong lungs from all that climbing you do, Hawg. You're def in better shape than I am!

Bikesexual
    Is riding essential?
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Is riding essential?
    Always...

mtbr member
    Now we separate the Preachers from the Practicers.....

Wanna ride bikes?
    This is a topic I've been wondering about as well. I'd hate to be out of style! Here's what I'm currently rocking...

Name:  TF6.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  15.4 KB

But there are some other very classy looking options.

COVID-19 has brought out the tinfoil hat crowd again...-tf2.jpg

Name:  TF1.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  12.1 KB

COVID-19 has brought out the tinfoil hat crowd again...-tf4.jpg
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

Pipe Dreamer
    Copper is where it's at! Interesting read: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/x...=pocket-newtab

mtbr member

This was feb 28th.

We're still lagging on a response today, and he was already congratulating himself weeks ago. It would be one thing if he was right and we actually had it under control in February, but we totally didnt.
    The "hoax" he referred to was not that the virus was a hoax, but that the Democrats claim that he did nothing is the hoax. He is using "hoax" as the next issue the Dems are trying to pin on him to bring him down.

Has the response been perfect? No. Has any imperfection resulted in catastrophic consequences? No. We are in no worse, and in many cases in better shape, than many places. We he too optimistic in that speech, yes...and I thing he may have been to first one to ever be too optimistic at a political rally.

Clearly he was informed there was a big issue to institute a travel restriction. However he cannot go out and tell the country "Hey folks, we're phucked, thousands are likely to die". It would have served no purpose and only induced more panic.

The hoax is that this is "Trumps fault" and needs to be used as a political weapon. Some think we should call this the "Trump Virus". WTF? Who is wearing the foil hat. We had Ebola (named for the river in Africa), MERS (Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome) and the Wuhan Virus. Anyone see a pattern? Anyone? (hint: it's not racist)

Have people seen that the two strongly Democratic governors from two of the hardest hit states (California and New York) are actually praising the President?

People need to work together (or apart ) to get through this.

mtbr member
    Fake news ^
    Round and round we go

9 lives
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Fart smeller
    Damn gonna have to change my whole wardrobe. I have nothing that matches a pointed hat.
    I'll bet the stuff you wore to Studio 54 back in the day would work.

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    Since we will have some more family time as our global economy collapses

COVID-19 has brought out the tinfoil hat crowd again...-7c9ad78a-44aa-46b5-9293-448234704eee.jpg
    Round and round we go

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericmopar View Post
    It's also rumored that the US developed it and released it in China. Both of these rumors have been boosted with the help of politicians.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#7276fcb23728
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    Betty intetesstink.

COVID-19 has brought out the tinfoil hat crowd again...-arte-johnson-laugh-.jpg

Heather Heyer

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCheesehead View Post
    People need to work together (or apart ) to get through this.
    This is the truest thing you posted here I would suggest that the governors you speak of are taking this to heart and are trying to work constructively with the feds to get what they need. Good. People do not want to see their political leaders bitching at each other in times of crisis, and are obviously willing to set aside usual differences to achieve the goal of protecting the population. I don't remember Cuomo praising Trump tho? Did I miss something?
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I'll bet the stuff you wore to Studio 54 back in the day would work.
    I wish I went to studio 54 back in the day

COVID-19 has brought out the tinfoil hat crowd again...-studio_54_primary.jpg
    Dont make me go all Jonathan Winters on this gas station.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I don't remember Cuomo praising Trump tho? Did I miss something?
    I do.
    You did.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...energetic.html

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo praised the president's handling of the coronavirus outbreak during a press conference Wednesday, saying "we're fighting the same war... we're in the same trench."

"He is fully engaged on trying to help... He’s being very creative & very energetic and I thank him for his partnership."

Cuomo said Trump was doing a "really good job" and specifically praised him for sending a U.S. Navy hospital ship with 1,000 beds to New York.

"It has about 1,000 rooms on it. It has operating rooms, and the president is going to dispatch the Comfort to us," Cuomo said. "It’s an extraordinary step, obviously. … It’s literally a floating hospital, which will add capacity and the president said that he would dispatch that immediately."

"We’re in the same trench, and I have your back, you have my back, and we’re going to do everything we can for the people of the state of New York," he said. "His actions demonstrate that he is doing that."

"Society has to function," he said. "I understand that this is a burden to businesses. I get it. I understand the impact on the economy. But in truth, we’re past that point as a nation. There is going to be an impact on the economy."

"We’re going to have to deal with that crisis, but let’s deal with one crisis at a time," he said. "The crisis at hand is a public health crisis. Once we get past that, then we’ll deal with the economic crisis."

High Desert MTBer
    Good.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    you all knew the lock was coming.

/CLOSED