Cobra's for pets- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930

    Cobra's for pets

    What kind of idiot keeps a highly venomous non native Cobra, of the albino variety in a non secured cage and then has it escape in Thousand Oaks, CA?

    One of those WTF moments. Snake doesn't want to be here, owner shouldn't be here either, hazard to all involved.

    Hawgs azz could be bitten, he rides out there, along with a lot of other MTBR'ers.

    Venomous Albino Cobra on the Loose in Thousand Oaks | NBC Southern California

  2. #2
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,011
    Cobra's don't make good babysitters either

    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  3. #3
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Cobra's don't make good babysitters either

    Holy crappers!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  4. #4
    ~ B A D A S S ~
    Reputation: car bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    What kind of idiot keeps a highly venomous non native Cobra, of the albino variety in a non secured cage and then has it escape in Thousand Oaks, CA?

    One of those WTF moments. Snake doesn't want to be here, owner shouldn't be here either, hazard to all involved.

    Hawgs azz could be bitten, he rides out there, along with a lot of other MTBR'ers.

    Venomous Albino Cobra on the Loose in Thousand Oaks | NBC Southern California
    Answer: most idiots that crave for cobras!!

    But to be honest cobras are pretty docile compared to seriously unpredictable snakes, like brown snakes, mambas and so on. The corbas actually try to fend you off by its characteristic display first (well, often at least), but if you get tagged, well then you're fuked, because the venom is seriously toxic. But yeah given the choice I at least would go for gettin g taged by a cobra rather than gaboon viper, all kraits, all taipans, all brown snakes, and all tiger snake related, oh and all corals snakes too, and all black mambas, f*ck those.

    Also all species sporting hematoxic venom (makes your limbs rotten) are kinda boring too. yeah f*ck those too
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

  5. #5
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    Answer: most idiots that crave for cobras!!

    But to be honest cobras are pretty docile compared to seriously unpredictable snakes, like brown snakes, mambas and so on. The corbas actually try to fend you off by its characteristic display first (well, often at least), but if you get tagged, well then you're fuked, because the venom is seriously toxic. But yeah given the choice I at least would go for gettin g taged by a cobra rather than gaboon viper, all kraits, all taipans, all brown snakes, and all tiger snake related, oh and all corals snakes too, and all black mambas, f*ck those.

    Also all species sporting hematoxic venom (makes your limbs rotten) are kinda boring too. yeah f*ck those too
    What he said ^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  6. #6
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    Answer: most idiots that crave for cobras!!

    But to be honest cobras are pretty docile compared to seriously unpredictable snakes, like brown snakes, mambas and so on. The corbas actually try to fend you off by its characteristic display first (well, often at least), but if you get tagged, well then you're fuked, because the venom is seriously toxic. But yeah given the choice I at least would go for gettin g taged by a cobra rather than gaboon viper, all kraits, all taipans, all brown snakes, and all tiger snake related, oh and all corals snakes too, and all black mambas, f*ck those.
    From what I've seen cobras can be fairly territorial and on the aggressive side of things. This doesn't bode well for those unprepared suburbanites in Thousand Oaks. I imagine a cobra holed up in some dude's garage is bound to be on the grumpy side if the guy just happens to get too close.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  7. #7
    Pipe Dreamer
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,348
    That's right where I grew up, lots of places to hide around there. It's not near any mtb trails, only residents of that neighborhood should be scured.
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

  8. #8
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    I'm sure it's not the first Cobra to prowl the area.

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  67.0 KB
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 08-01-2015 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  9. #9
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Albino cobras are HUGE on the black market. I'm not surprised at all that somebody has/had one illegally. Could happen anywhere. Since they display before they bite and their display is tall and easily seen, I tend to think that the snake will be spotted (if by a human) before it can cause any more trouble.

    Now, if it were a Spitting Cobra, I'd recommend to everyone in Ventura County to quickly evacuate that part of the state.

    Let it be known that I would happily assist in the capture of this albino cobra snake.

  10. #10
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Let it be known that I would happily assist in the capture of this albino cobra snake.

    And I'd back you up no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  11. #11
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    Answer: most idiots that crave for cobras!!

    But to be honest cobras are pretty docile compared to seriously unpredictable snakes, like brown snakes, mambas and so on. The corbas actually try to fend you off by its characteristic display first (well, often at least), but if you get tagged, well then you're fuked, because the venom is seriously toxic. But yeah given the choice I at least would go for gettin g taged by a cobra rather than gaboon viper, all kraits, all taipans, all brown snakes, and all tiger snake related, oh and all corals snakes too, and all black mambas, f*ck those.

    Also all species sporting hematoxic venom (makes your limbs rotten) are kinda boring too. yeah f*ck those too
    Anything that bit you, including another human, could eventually lead to necrosis around the bite area. Mouths are full of nasty bacteria. Ewww.

  12. #12
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    And I'd back you up no problem.
    "back me up"? You mean you'd stand behind me shivering in fear?

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    And I'd back you up no problem.
    With an electric cattle prod?

  14. #14
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    "back me up"? You mean you'd stand behind me shivering in fear?
    That was cold, Hawg...

  15. #15
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Anything that bit you, including another human, could eventually lead to necrosis around the bite area. Mouths are full of nasty bacteria. Ewww.
    Just ask Tones...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Finche do you have any pics mate? i think its baby fleas just having their first feeds, tiny little fuggers.

    I had a junkie ice addict chick with rotting teeth just walk up to me and bite me on the arm for no reason, she was screaming i was a bastard, i'd never even seen her before, she drew blood, i had to go for tests, it was frightening.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  16. #16
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    That was cold, Hawg...
    I know!!!

  17. #17
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Albino cobras are HUGE on the black market. I'm not surprised at all that somebody has/had one illegally. Could happen anywhere. Since they display before they bite and their display is tall and easily seen, I tend to think that the snake will be spotted (if by a human) before it can cause any more trouble.

    Now, if it were a Spitting Cobra, I'd recommend to everyone in Ventura County to quickly evacuate that part of the state.

    Let it be known that I would happily assist in the capture of this albino cobra snake.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    And I'd back you up no problem.
    I'd be right there, behind you guys.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  18. #18
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    "back me up"? You mean you'd stand behind me shivering in fear?
    I'd be the first one in as you screamed "no DJ..no"
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,091
    Cobra's taste good, so do Burmese pythons for that matter

  20. #20
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I'd be the first one in as you screamed "no DJ..no"
    Good Lord, I hope it wouldn't come to that.

    Generally speaking, albino animals are known to be above average in the grumpy department.

  21. #21
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Good Lord, I hope it wouldn't come to that.

    Generally speaking, albino animals are known to be above average in the grumpy department.
    You'd be to if all your buddies were colorful and pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  22. #22
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJon View Post
    Cobra's taste good, so do Burmese pythons for that matter
    If you've tried that many different types of snakes (ultra exotic foods), I must ask...how do humans taste, and do you prefer humans from North of the equator or South of it?

  23. #23
    ****** to the dirt
    Reputation: deke505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,122
    Where is G.I. Joe when you need them?


    Cobra's for pets-gijoe.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    My Blog

  24. #24
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,468
    I don't get it?!?! Cobra's what for pets? Their little buddy cobras? A very small dog or ferret maybe? Fish? They may have problems feeding them... a spitting cobra could probably spit food into their tank, but it might poison them...
    It's all Here. Now.

  25. #25
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJon View Post
    Cobra's taste good, so do Burmese pythons for that matter
    So what wilderness survival reality shows have you appeared in?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  26. #26
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Happy news SoCal peeps, the pesky cobra has been captured!

    White Cobra Caught! - Los Angeles News
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  27. #27
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,816
    I'll be there too, right behind you guys and a little elevated, with a video camera.

    I'll encourage you all to invoke the Holy Spirit, engage in glossolalia, and just HANDLE that serpent as a demonstration of God's approval.

    And yes, the results will post immediately to YouTube.

  28. #28
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Happy news SoCal peeps, the pesky cobra has been captured!

    White Cobra Caught! - Los Angeles News
    Awesome! Hopefully they'll find a zoo to place it. But knowing our society today they will probably kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  29. #29
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Awesome! Hopefully they'll find a zoo to place it. But knowing our society today they will probably kill it.
    That's a good point. You know, it seems like in cases where an unusual animal needs to be taken care of they quite often end up in a zoo or other suitable situation. I certainly hope they don't kill the snake.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  30. #30
    Pipe Dreamer
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,348
    I watched all the videos in that link you posted, Mookie, and they said it was going to the zoo in one of 'em.
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

  31. #31
    ~ B A D A S S ~
    Reputation: car bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,236
    Good that they found it. They are not really that dangerous but still.

    The most dangerous cobras seems to be the forest cobras, Naja melanoleuca, they are very fast and very nervous. these pose a real danger because of their speed and willingness to bite. All other cobras than this?? Not that dangerous imo. You are not gonna get tagged by accident here, there will be obvious warning signs.

    Forest cobra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

  32. #32
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I watched all the videos in that link you posted, Mookie, and they said it was going to the zoo in one of 'em.
    Cool, I'm happy to hear that. That's the right outcome.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  33. #33
    Fart smeller
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,510
    Who cares about cobras? What about unnecessary apostrophes, that's what I wanna know!!!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

    Heather Heyer

  34. #34
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Who cares about cobras? What about unnecessary apostrophes, that's what I wanna know!!!
    Hey we've got em'
    Just live with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  35. #35
    Fart smeller
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,510
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Hey we've got em'
    Just live with them.
    NO! I am going to fix every one of you broken toys!

    And it's ' 'em'. The apostrophe replaces the missing letters. Sheesh, where did you go to school? America?

    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

    Heather Heyer

  36. #36
    Pipe Dreamer
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,348
    *your

    *edit: Unless you meant: we are broken toys that need fixin'.
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

  37. #37
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    NO! I am going to fix every one of you broken toys!

    And it's ' 'em'. The apostrophe replaces the missing letters. Sheesh, where did you go to school? America?

    Ummm down the street by the rail road crossing and across from the old church that old farmer Andy owned. Near the pasture that the big black bull roamed free. He had a big nose ring that we used to laugh at. The teachers had a fit when they heard us. Why where did you go to school a Finch?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  38. #38
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Apostrophes make terrible pets.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  39. #39
    Fart smeller
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,510
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Ummm down the street by the rail road crossing and across from the old church that old farmer Andy owned. Near the pasture that the big black bull roamed free. He had a big nose ring that we used to laugh at. The teachers had a fit when they heard us. Why where did you go to school a Finch?
    Sierra Nevada U!

    *belllllch*
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

    "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

    Heather Heyer

  40. #40
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Sierra Nevada U!

    *belllllch*
    Is this true?
    UCR Today: Research Shows Declining Levels of Acidity in Sierra Nevada Lakes
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  41. #41
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Apostrophes make terrible pets.
    There's a special on this week...

    Name:  rosaquith09-greengrocers-a.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  29.9 KB
    It's all Here. Now.

  42. #42
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    There's a special on this week...

    Name:  rosaquith09-greengrocers-a.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  29.9 KB
    I can take a couple of those home with me. Looks like they have too many.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  43. #43
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,011
    Name:  EMPuFlm.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  68.5 KB
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  44. #44
    Pipe Dreamer
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,348
    ^^ Haha! I knew where that was going after the first line
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

  45. #45
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Cobra's don't make good babysitters either

    Hey Jude how are you girl, hey peeps.

    Most cobras used with humans in india have had their venom glands removed, they just cut them out with a scalpel or razor blade, the one with the kid above would have had it done for sure.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

  46. #46
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    This is an outrage, yet another cobra on the loose. Hey cobra owners, please keep your snakes locked up or on a leash!

    Cobra slithers through Houston high rise
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  47. #47
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,844
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I'm sure it's not the first Cobra to prowl the area.
    Ahh 2014, that shit will get you banned today.

    See post #8

  48. #48
    Fart smeller
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    17,510
    what kind of India pushing her parents are feeling

  49. #49
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Ahh 2014, that shit will get you banned today.

    See post #8
    A snake?
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  50. #50
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Oh snap, we've got another escapee. Unfortunately this one is in Florida which must have a fairly decent cobra habitat. Watch your step out there folks.

    King cobra on the loose
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  51. #51
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Oh snap, we've got another escapee. Unfortunately this one is in Florida which must have a fairly decent cobra habitat. Watch your step out there folks.

    King cobra on the loose
    Every exotic snake species is lose in Florida and multiplying. The dumb ass snake collectors let them lose or they escape and as you said the habitat is tropically ideal for most species to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,507
    The alligators probably ate it already.

  53. #53
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    The alligators probably ate it already.
    That's looking on the bright side of things.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  54. #54
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Every exotic snake species is lose in Florida and multiplying. The dumb ass snake collectors let them lose or they escape and as you said the habitat is tropically ideal for most species to survive.
    Before you know it the place will be crawling with pythons.





    And cobras!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  55. #55
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Before you know it the place will be crawling with pythons.





    And cobras!
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  56. #56
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Isn't that the truth. Nature is pretty amazing (Goldblum is a bit of a douche in that role btw).
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  57. #57
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    After a month on the run (or should I say slither) this crafty cobra was finally captured in Orlando.

    Missing king cobra snake found under dryer near Orlando
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  58. #58
    GONE
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    After a month on the run (or should I say slither) this crafty cobra was finally captured in Orlando.

    Missing king cobra snake found under dryer near Orlando
    Yes, saw this and it's a BIG snake, too.

  59. #59
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Yes, saw this and it's a BIG snake, too.
    That's what she said.

    This story gives me the creeps. Going into your garage only to be hissed at by a wayward cobra is the stuff of nightmares.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  60. #60
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    That's what she said.

    This story gives me the creeps. Going into your garage only to be hissed at by a wayward cobra is the stuff of nightmares.
    Good to hear the big boy was found and caught without anyone getting harmed. I didn't realize it was Mike Kennedys of the show Airplane Repo. He seems to be a good dude I'd hate to see him get punished for trying to do good. He owns an animal sanctuary. Taking care of exotic pets that other have had imported in, then they end up being orphaned.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Similar Threads

  1. Hutchison Cobra
    By secret agent in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 10:01 AM
  2. OT: Passion for your pets
    By Boyonabyke in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 11:56 PM
  3. Yakima King Cobra failure
    By nhmtns in forum Cars and Bike Racks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 04:04 PM
  4. Hutchinson Cobra F&R?
    By Pelly_NH in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 10:53 PM
  5. Thanks COBRA
    By joethenoob in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 09:02 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.