Poll: Chiropractor

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Chiropractor

keeptrollintrollintrollin
    Like mine

mtbr member

Chiropractor

Love them or hate them??
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

mtbr member
    Love them. Makes life so much better.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Think if you get a good one that really wants to help you and not keep you coming back for more $ they're great. So I did not vote since IMO it's both.
    Round and round we go

Sweep the leg!
    The only chiropractor I know was my daughter's soccer coach. I prefer my friend Vicki who has a bunch of letters after her name...MS, Exercise Physiologist, LMT, CPFT,

When I've had pain it's been muscular and when my broken bones have needed help, working with the muscles and their strength has been beneficial. YMMMV
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Chubby Chaser
    LOVE them. I've had chronic upper back pain from knots (aka trigger points) and there would just be days where I feel like I have golf balls lodged next to my spine. The chiropractor I go to does the best spine adjustments.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Think if you get a good one that really wants to help you and not keep you coming back for more $ they're great. So I did not vote since IMO it's both.
    I have this kind of chiro, worked really hard to figure out why I was having issues... comped most of my x-rays and did not bat an eye or bug me when I decided I was no longer in pain and no longer wanted to pay to see him. I ran into him a few weeks ago, 9 months had lapsed since I had seen him, he specifically asked how my back had been holding up with all of the rock climbing and mountain biking I do and was very pleased to hear I was still doing great. I definitely was not a meal ticket to him and for that I respect him and his practice greatly.

mtbr member
    Ok well of course there is a story behind the question.. Today is Saturday and on Tuesday of this week I was helping a friend with his truck( older ford 4wd with oversized tires) figure out why his transmission cable broke.. Long story short the truck dropped into gear and ran me over lengthwise.. The saving grace was the oversize wide tires and the fact it wasnt on the pavement. Now I'm quite sore to say the least. I have great insurance through my job. So I was thinking a chiropractor/ message therapy to get myself straightened up. I've asked around local and I've gotten multiple different suggestions on where to go. They are all to different practices. So any recommendation on how to choose a practice? Any special certs?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ucsf4w

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp88 View Post
    Ok well of course there is a story behind the question.. Today is Saturday and on Tuesday of this week I was helping a friend with his truck( older ford 4wd with oversized tires) figure out why his transmission cable broke.. Long story short the truck dropped into gear and ran me over lengthwise.. The saving grace was the oversize wide tires and the fact it wasnt on the pavement. Now I'm quite sore to say the least. I have great insurance through my job. So I was thinking a chiropractor/ message therapy to get myself straightened up. I've asked around local and I've gotten multiple different suggestions on where to go. They are all to different practices. So any recommendation on how to choose a practice? Any special certs?
    Wow. Bet that could have turned out a lot worse. I think I'd see a real doc first to get checked out.

My chiro seemed like a good guy at heart but it took me a while to figure out that he wasn't treating the root cause of my symptoms. He wanted me to keep coming back for more visits.

mtbr member
    I'm def going to get X-rays prior to any adjustments.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?c4jvon

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang 21 View Post
    ...My chiro seemed like a good guy at heart but it took me a while to figure out that he wasn't treating the root cause of my symptoms. He wanted me to keep coming back for more visits.
    This was my conclusion too (when I was 31). I decided to lose some weigh, stretch my back out after exercising (not before!) and be much more careful with my back. Twenty years later it's still working. Biking and walking 18/golfing are no problem at 51, at 31 my doc promised me he'd be fusing discs before I was 35.

I didn't vote because I thought the two choices sucked.

mtbr member
    Now we are getting somewhere with this topic.. I like hearing everyone's opinion good or bad

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vgnk5q

mtbr member
    I'm only 24. I don't want a lifetime of pain nor do I want a lifetime of dr visits.. There has to be a happy medium

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lbbpid

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by codyh12345 View Post
    Like mine
    Neither love, nor hate. I use them only as necessary and only for things related directly to spinal problems.

if they start telling you they can cure asthma (which one of mine has) or something else unrelated to spinal injuries - RUN.
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Love mine, it took three trys to find a good one tho...Like iheartbicycles said there are some real wackjobs out there...

Tool
    If a chiro isn't giving you a roadmap to not needing a chiro, they're probably more interested in your money than your health. Of course there are exceptions, but most people who see a chiro really just need to get their core muscles strengthened and balanced...the right exercises can really work some magic.

-Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    I would like them in theory, but most of them that I know (visited 2, know about 1/2 a dozen as acquaintences) seem to think they have all the answers to any health-related question and are/were kinda anti-doctor, which kind of bugs me.

And I do know some people who seem hooked on them, ie, if they don't go every week, they don't 'feel right' or whatever.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

Members who have read this thread: 0