Chester Bennington- Mtbr.com

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Wow! Another one
    Goya! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes. Livin in an Idiocracy.

On Cornell's birthday no less.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    Wow! Another one
    Apparently life's tough having all the money you could ever spend and fame. Hold on while I go hungry to pay my cable bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    A poor man worries about his next meal a rich man worries about his last.

9 lives
    Rip
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have no sympathy for a junkie who kills himself and leaves a family with 6 chldren. None. Sorry.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by chasejj View Post
    I have no sympathy for a junkie who kills himself and leaves a family with 6 chldren. None. Sorry.
    Maybe, just maybe. . . . . . there was a little more to it than that.

Hi There!
    I didn't like the band's music, but I don't wish bad things on anyone. However, if it was someone I like a little more I'd probably be sad but whenever there's a suicide my feeling is, if they didn't want to be here that's their business. It's not like they chose to be put here in the first place.

I do feel for the families in every case.
    NTFTC

banned
    May 2017
    Maybe you should look into his life a little closer and you would develop some humanity. And don't be sorry when you don't mean it.

Fart smeller
    70 million albums sold.

Whodathunk.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    what a douchebag.

I read he was abused as a child. Until you walk a mile in someones shoes you should keep your comments to yourself. You must have a perfect life.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMan View Post
    Maybe you should look into his life a little closer and you would develop some humanity. And don't be sorry when you don't mean it.
    I know his life history. Not an excuse. Everyone has hurdles to conquer. Suicide and leaving 6 kids w/o a dad is cowardice and thus no sympathy. I'm not heartless , far from it. Just tired of people making excuses for these idiots who have it all and check out because of their bad decisions.

mtbr member
    I know his life history. Not an excuse. Everyone has hurdles to conquer. Suicide and leaving 6 kids w/o a dad is cowardice and thus no sympathy. I'm not heartless , far from it. Just tired of people making excuses for these idiots who have it all and check out because of their bad decisions.
    I stand by my original statement.
    Denver, CO

Nothing seems to kill me
    Can everyone just stop hanging themselves!!
    Six kids!! WTF???
    Sweet Jesus don't let the judge release me, what if she's a Zombie or a Dracula and tries to f&*king eat me.

banned
    May 2017
    Maybe if you were raped as kid over and over you might see things differently? Sure you understand the pain behind that right? You have first hand experience? I have worked with kids and guess what, you don't ever move on from that stuff, never. Just learn to cope and some cannot. Surprised he lasted as long as he did, kudos to him. It is sad what he had to live with and even sadder at people like you. Wish we all could be as awesome as you. You should write a book on how to cope with rape, would love to have your insight.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Maybe if you were raped as kid over and over you might see things differently? Sure you understand the pain behind that right? You have first hand experience? I have worked with kids and guess what, you don't ever move on from that stuff, never. Just learn to cope and some cannot. Surprised he lasted as long as he did, kudos to him. It is sad what he had to live with and even sadder at people like you. Wish we all could be as awesome as you. You should write a book on how to cope with rape, would love to have your insight.
    I get it. He had a tough childhood ,horrible even. Then don't have kids if your a junky and mentally disturbed as a result of your ****ed up childhood. The kids are what I care about at that point. Had he been just another childless rockstar who killed himself then I would have sympathy for him. What he ends up being is just a junky and a coward. Think of the 6 kids who now have this to deal with the rest of their lives. I doubt having your dad hang himself in your house is something easily gotten over.

The most salient post on this subject. Bravo!

Born With A Tail
    It does not matter one bit what you think about this.
    Tequila tonight, tomorrow we ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Train View Post
    We agree. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it either. Just opinions expressed on the interwebs. Thanks for reminding me how pointless this thread is.

Thanks for reminding me how pointless this thread is.

Yet, here you are again. Have some respect, if not for yourself then for the deceased.

After reading the turmoils that he faced growing up maybe a little more understanding of the demons he faced day in and day out and why he did it.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    After reading the turmoils that he faced growing up maybe a little more understanding of the demons he faced day in and day out and why he did it.
    Then again, do we know if any of that is true?
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Apparently life's tough having all the money you could ever spend and fame. Hold on while I go hungry to pay my cable bill.
    I was kind of thinking this as well. I know depression can really warp the way you think about things and also he had a horrific childhood. But, he had a lot of money, more money then I will ever see in my lifetime, I'm assuming a huge house, he was famous and he was well-liked in the music community.

In my case, I'm still not a homeowner, even after trying to get approved for a home-loan for a long time, and I work at a job that I dislike so much that I probably would have suffered a heart attack if not for my cycling addiction. But, I have to keep coming to support my family. Apart from his childhood, he had a much easier life compared to me, but, I don't think about pulling the plug.

Interesting side note - one of Sound Garden's most famous lines "How would I know that this would be my fate." And one of Linkin Park's most famous songs - "What I've done." Ironic?

Born With A Tail
    I would choose food over television.
    Tequila tonight, tomorrow we ride!

I would choose food over television.
    Same here if I faced that situation. It was a hypothetical comparison to what we have sadly become used to and immune to from the music industry.

NDD
    mtbr member
    We agree. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it either. Just opinions expressed on the interwebs. Thanks for reminding me how pointless this thread is.
    So what y'all are saying is that, in the end, it doesn't even matter? Sorry, too soon.

Anyway. Just have some damn empathy man. You don't understand where the dude was coming from by committing suicide. Fine, great. I could be a prick too and complain because I think it's more unethical to have six kids than it is to hang yourself, but I'm not going to because maybe it seemed like the right thing to do.

Some people very close to me have been very near the same situation or at least contemplated suicide and you can just hope they get the help they need. It's painful for everybody, yeah. You have to figure, this person never asked to be here (alive). They were thrust into this situation and now have to deal with it, and maybe that's a gift or maybe it's unfair. We can only guess because the great hereafter is a ???
    dang

mtbr member
    Children who are under 18 when their parents commit suicide are three times as likely as children with living parents to later commit suicide themselves.

I hope the son of a bitch burns in hell.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzle View Post
    Children who are under 18 when their parents commit suicide are three times as likely as children with living parents to later commit suicide themselves.

I hope the son of a bitch burns in hell.
    Wow, OK. Realistically there probably is no afterlife, so I maybe you and he both can be glad that he's dead since having life and experiences and shit wasn't so great for him. Or maybe we should be sad about societal perceptions of mental illness that make it hard for people to want to seek out treatment, instead.
    dang

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Wow, OK. Realistically there probably is no afterlife, so I maybe you and he both can be glad that he's dead since having life and experiences and shit wasn't so great for him. Or maybe we should be sad about societal perceptions of mental illness that make it hard for people to want to seek out treatment, instead.
    I have walked many miles in poor Chester Bennington's shoes. I've lived through all kinds of abuse, addiction, mental illness and suicidal tendencies. Unlike Chester and all the other celebs and rock stars there is no fancy spas for me to go when I get depressed. Instead I drive myself to the ER so I don't put a bullet in my head because I love my family.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzle View Post
    I have walked many miles in poor Chester Bennington's shoes. I've lived through all kinds of abuse, addiction, mental illness and suicidal tendencies. Unlike Chester and all the other celebs and rock stars there is no fancy spas for me to go when I get depressed. Instead I drive myself to the ER so I don't put a bullet in my head because I love my family.
    Well it's great that you're able to keep going, if anything for others. Now you and others have pointed some things about how he undoubtedly had it easier financially and I think that's the wrong way to look at it. Despite money and luxury, he apparently no longer found what you still manage to - the will to live. It means your strong and capable, Fuzz.
    dang