Buried or burnt or other ideas for your going away party?- Mtbr.com
    No Stranger to danger....

Buried or burnt or other ideas for your going away party?

So whats your plans trendsetters?
    Are you going to be buried, cremated, dont care, or do you have any ideas for when you die?
    Are you going to go out with a bang, or just have a standard gig....

Seeings im a lure fishing guide and owe so much of my life to salt water pelagics, i would like my fellow fishing guides, friends and family to set up an industrial wood chipper on the back of an old fishing boat and feed my body through it to a massive school of kingfish..
    Now this all depends on the season, i will have to get my timing right to go between sept and june but i think the chances are ok for that..

I think it would make a statement that it cant be all take n no give to the fish in Sydney harbour, not only that but my fishing buddies could have their gear on hand nail a few big kings in all the berley spat out from the chipper, all making for a great day on the water.
    No this is no joke im deadly serious here..

So what is it, buried, burnt or do you have any other ideas for your going away party?, touch wood.......

Cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....:cool:

meow meow
    im thinking that is probably illeagle. cremated for me.

Quote Originally Posted by b-kul View Post
    im thinking that is probably illeagle. cremated for me.
    Well thats not to much fun for anybody is it B-kul, i wouldn't want to be a spectator at your funeral, dont put me on the invite list

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    standing orders are to rent out the local go-kart track, tell funny stories about me for a while, play linkin park's "leave out all the rest" possibly on bagpipes, and then thrash the go-karts until the wheels fall off. oh and then sprinkle my ashes in cozumel.

meow meow
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    Well thats not to much fun for anybody is it B-kul, i wouldn't want to be a spectator at your funeral, dont put me on the invite list
    nah, my funeral will be pretty boring.

mtbr member
    I wanna go the way of ol' Edward Abbey. Buried in the desert wrapped with no embalming, no preservation, no box so I can go back to the earth from whence I came and be food for the coyotes, worms, and flowers.

And then a raging party

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Don't really care since I'll be done with my carcass. But, if I have to choose - pyre.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    whatever is cheapest done..while in red velvet suits with a james brown track or 'morning sun' by the beautiful girls playin' & goodies bags for guests.

MoJo Moto
    they will have to find me first....
    Ride Hard or Ride Home Alone.

Retired User
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    Don't really care since I'll be done with my carcass. But, if I have to choose - pyre.
    ^this

derp
    That's easy .. i'm going to be embalmed and stuffed with a recording of my favourite quotes and be put in front of my house. Every time anyone passes it triggers the recording and i'll crack some random crap.
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

U sayin' Bolt ?
    I wanna be weighted down and dumped in the deepest trench off the pacific coast.

No fire or bs fluids in me, I wanna be sent to the sea asap !

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    kick my corpse out of the way and get on with life. I f-ing hate funerals and damn sure dont want there to be one for me.

mtbr member
    I'd be up for a Parsi sky burial but the local authority would never let me build a Tower of Silence in my back yard and Vultures are in short supply round these parts. Mind you, the Sparrows can be nasty little bastards.

since 4/10/2009
    I will add to the pyre suggestion and say build my pyre on a raft and float me down a river

I'm SUCH a square....
    Whatever is cheapest -- told both wives this when I was married to them, told my daughters the same thing:

"Do not waste so much as ONE DIME on my mortal clay!"
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

mtbr member
    Always wanted a viking funeral. But they prolly won't let my family put me on a boat and catch it on fire.

mtbr member
    Burn me up......spread my ashes in the Redwoods..........and have a Rage'r......no tears just laughter and stupid stories.

Now get back to work I got some 'splorin to do !

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    I want to donate all usable organs and then be burnt up and have my ashes spread in the Pasayten Wilderness in WA. No funeral just a big ass party to share stories of all the stupid sh1t I've done

banned
    Scatter my ashes in the Sierras.

Hopefully after being ejected from a space plane and having the re-entry timed perfectly.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!
    -Bobby Knight

This.

Congratulations guys im really liking all the creative answers here, this is what i was hoping to hear, a bit of creativity n humour for what some see as a bit of a dark topic, i love your work guys, cheers

\m/{-_-}\m/
    I guess I'll be cremated.

My brother has an idea that sounds cool though. He wants to be chunked in the earth without a casket and then have a tree planted above him with the idea that he will grow into the tree. Then people can sit under him and visit him that way. Kinda crazy but I kinda dig it.

He says he's researched the laws and in some states if you have enough land there are ways you can legally have a family plot like that as long as you abide by certain restrictions.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I use to tell the guys I worked with that when I die I would be
    cremated. Then have a plane fly over where I worked and toss
    my ashes out, and I hope you all choke on me.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Cremated, my ashes flown out to Tone's L'axeman to be sprinkled out on the water during a wide open giant King fish bite...

My mom's going to have a hell of an afterlife. My brother and I have been talking about taxidermying her for 12yrs. At this point we can't not do it. She's going to be in the front hall dressed as a granny with a tray that has forties and blunts in a nice arrangement for our guests. I'm super pumped on this.

As for me, I've always maintained that I want to be fed to sharks. Or liquefy my body and dump it in the ocean. Or maybe down the drain to return me to the **** from whence I sprang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Cremated, my ashes flown out to Tone's L'axeman to be sprinkled out on the water during a wide open giant King fish bite...
    Your on brother, that would be my pleasure mate, i'll send the video back to your family
    But i would have to check that spreading the ashes of an American in our waters is ok with customs, you might be classed as 'a risk to our wildlife n ecosystem'

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's L'axeman View Post
    Your on brother, that would be my pleasure mate, i'll send the video back to your family
    But i would have to check that spreading the ashes of an American in our waters is ok with customs, you might be classed as 'a risk to our wildlife n ecosystem'
    Oh, I guarantee I'm "toxic"!

This one is for Tone's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Members who have read this thread: 0