A blonde moment part II.- Mtbr.com
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury

A blonde moment part II.

I started a similar thread a couple of years ago but it was shut down due to some members felt the need to post risqué photos. Unfortunately that thread was closed and a few members were sent packing.

Warning: Please refrain from risqué photos posted here.

This is about moments that you've had or others have had that was just plain dumb.

My blonde moment this morning: I just slipped my Starbucks rewards card into their credit card chip reader slot. Duh! As I realize it a flood of blood rushes to my face as I'm standing there feeling pretty dumb in front of the cute young barista and a line of people behind me. Of course the barista and I joked and laughed about it. Still pretty embarrassing.

Posted them up. What completely stupid embarrassing things have you done? Or known others to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Unsavory members?

Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    Unsavory members?
    We've all been guilty of it at one time or another.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Ever hear one thing and do another?

Boss comes in and asks me to make a subdivision map for Township X. I write myself a note and figure I'll work on it next week. The following week I go and make the map of Township Y (should have been X). Walk into the boss' office with the map and oops. My note and my memory are clearly in favor of Township Y, but the boss informs me that was definitely not the case.

I was off by a hundred miles... literally!
    The cake is a lie.

9 lives
    A few months ago, I placed my order for at Starbucks for a Grande Americano. The young "blonde" server asked me what name for the order. I replied "Judy" and she responded "How do you spell that?"
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    The next time I went to the same Starbuck's and I ordered 2 Americanos. One for me and one for my hubby. As you can see, they learned to spell my name but somehow couldn't spell "Chris".

A blonde moment part II.-dsc03025_zpsjf1hy0w9.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

western NC
    ^^LOL

Was up at the LBS building up my Stache. I had been fielding questions about it to another patron throughout the build. I had already removed everything needed to do the SS conversion, and was measuring my chain that I had bought. The stock hubs were super quiet, and there's always music playing in the shop. I got distracted fielding questions, and apparently the chain had slipped off the rear cog during this time. I pulled it together, marked it, cut it, and then wondered why it came up so short. Had to buy another chain to complete the process.

Cycologist
    Still can't remember to insert the chip credit card instead of swiping it. Then when I do remember, their cc machine doesn't have a chip reader.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

Some funny stuff up there ^.

Years ago I was dating a lady that became a long term relationship. This was early on in our dating. She had a good friend named Nick. I was at work one night and she was to meet me at my place after work. Which she did. She came in and sat on the couch as we discussed our day. I noticed she has a Starbucks drink with her. She set the drink on my coffee table and during our communication I noticed a hand written name on the cup. It said Nick.

I casually asked her if she had seen Nick today? She responded "no". I then asked her again, she laughed in embarrassment and asked me why I asked again. I asked one more time, she then broke down and admitted to seeing him and she again asked why I kept asking. "Did you see us somewhere?" I said "no" as I picked up her Starbucks cup and showed her the name hand written on it. Oops in embarrassment she laughed. Apparently she met Nick at SB's and he ordered the drinks. To this day I've never let her live it down.

That was her blonde moment and coincidence would have it, she was blonde.

Meatbomb
    Why did she lie about seeing Nick?

Meatbomb
    Blonde moment at the end of this video:

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    A few months ago, I placed my order for at Starbucks for a Grande Americano. The young "blonde" server asked me what name for the order. I replied "Judy" and she responded "How do you spell that?"
    Some people are hard-of-hearing, and this is their way of figuring out your name without asking you to repeat it.

Or not.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    Joo-Dee.........

Meatbomb
    funny... 56 years old and I have never seen the inside of a Starbucks...... Or a Shitpoople.

mtbr member
    I watched a guy working on a garbage disposal remove the p-trap and pour it down the drain. The kicker is he was underneath and the spag water preceded to pour onto his face. Not sure if a blonde moment, this guy has moron bred into his genetic code.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Why did she lie about seeing Nick?
    Because she knew I wasn't too happy that she did.

Meatbomb
    Why not? Was he a friend with benefits?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Why not? Was he a friend with benefits?
    No, just a good friend. It just bugged me a little I guess.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    No, just a good friend. It just bugged me a little I guess.
    Ooooooooh, DJ was jealous and she felt she couldn't be honest with him.

That's sad, but sometimes guys like that hang around thinking that because they're friends with a woman and enjoy time together women want a full on relationship or maybe to fool around. Been there before. Poor sap was delusional.
    dang

Quote Originally Posted by NDD View Post
    Ooooooooh, DJ was jealous and she felt she couldn't be honest with him.

That's sad, but sometimes guys like that hang around thinking that because they're friends with a woman and enjoy time together women want a full on relationship or maybe to fool around. Been there before. Poor sap was delusional.

Actually I've never met a more honest lady. And she was never one to be with someone as a benefit package. But I know what you're saying. Many guys hang around a lady being her friend for years in hopes of a relationship. The lady is just there for a friendship and already is with someone. But what guy hangs around wanting just a friendship? Not many.

Fart smeller
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    I watched a guy working on a garbage disposal remove the p-trap and pour it down the drain. The kicker is he was underneath and the spag water preceded to pour onto his face. Not sure if a blonde moment, this guy has moron bred into his genetic code.
    How could he pour it down the drain if he was underneath?

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    It's easy to reach up to a sink from underneath for anybody in the 6' range.

It's easy to reach up to a sink from underneath for anybody in the 6' range.
    I'm thinking Finch is 6'5" and full of muscle. He'll understand.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Oh man, yesterday I changed the oil in my truck. Got the drain plug back on, new oil filter on, both are tight. I pour in the oil and then start it up. I get out and look under the car and it is spewing oil out of the filter. Ok, ok, I turn off the truck and get some cat litter to throw on the oil spill. I leave it on there over night after getting a ride to get another 5 quarts of oil.

But it rained overnight, and I could've sworn it wasn't on the forecast. So I'm out at 7 a.m. scooping up wet, oily cat litter and redoing an oil change while the cold rain (about 38 degrees). I go to put the new oil filter on again, and notice a seal fall off the truck. It's from the old oil filter. The seal got stuck on there and prevented my new oil filter from sealing properly.

If I had looked at the old one I took off properly this wouldn't have happened. Fun fact, changing your own oil is not cheaper if you have to do it twice.
    dang

mtbr member
    I'm thinking Finch is 6'5" and full of muscle. He'll understand.
    He'll? I thought he was woman. I guess that was my blonde moment.

mtbr member
    Oh man, yesterday I changed the oil in my truck. Got the drain plug back on, new oil filter on, both are tight. I pour in the oil and then start it up. I get out and look under the car and it is spewing oil out of the filter. Ok, ok, I turn off the truck and get some cat litter to throw on the oil spill. I leave it on there over night after getting a ride to get another 5 quarts of oil.

But it rained overnight, and I could've sworn it wasn't on the forecast. So I'm out at 7 a.m. scooping up wet, oily cat litter and redoing an oil change while the cold rain (about 38 degrees). I go to put the new oil filter on again, and notice a seal fall off the truck. It's from the old oil filter. The seal got stuck on there and prevented my new oil filter from sealing properly.

If I had looked at the old one I took off properly this wouldn't have happened. Fun fact, changing your own oil is not cheaper if you have to do it twice.
    I always make a habit of wiping the area down with a rag before seating a new oil filter. A lot of gunk tends to collet there. On the flip side, bet you'll never do that again.

NDD
    mtbr member
    I always make a habit of wiping the area down with a rag before seating a new oil filter. A lot of gunk tends to collet there. On the flip side, bet you'll never do that again.
    I sure as hell hope so!
    dang

Pipe Dreamer
    I've been having mostly brunette moments lately, and some redhead ones too.
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    some redhead ones too.
    What? You grumpy?
    dang

One ring to mash them all
    NASA lost a $125M Mars orbiter because a part of the flight software used metric units and another used imperial. So it miscalculated how much thrust was needed to keep it from plunging into the Martian atmosphere.

Poof.

Not sure which part the blonde coders were responsible for.
    Go Fact Yourself.

Real eyes realize real lies.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post

Not sure which part the blonde coders were responsible for.
    Imperial

Pipe Dreamer
    What? You grumpy?
    No comment...

Not sure if you know this but there is a trick to preventing that issue. Take some oil on your finger and lube up the rubber gasket on the filter before screwing it on. It acts as a seal and allows the rubber to tighten without crimping. A tight seal without issue is the outcome.

NDD
    mtbr member
    Not sure if you know this but there is a trick to preventing that issue. Take some oil on your finger and lube up the rubber gasket on the filter before screwing it on. It acts as a seal and allows the rubber to tighten without crimping. A tight seal without issue is the outcome.
    I dunnit I tell ya. Plenty. I just think the seal from the old filter somehow left a bit of a gap. Doh!

Between that and thinking it just wouldn't rain unexpectedly in spring. Yeesh.
    dang

Rabid Lana Fan
    It's actually pretty common for the rubber seal from the old filter to be stuck to the block, and not come off when the old filter does.

I always look at the old filter to make sure it's there, on the old filter, before I install the new filter.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    It's actually pretty common for the rubber seal from the old filter to be stuck to the block, and not come off when the old filter does.

I always look at the old filter to make sure it's there, on the old filter, before I install the new filter.
    Thus it's my blonde moment.
    dang

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Changed the front brake pads on the minivan one morning before work......backed the car up to move it over to the normal parking spot and proceeded to coast down a 3 foot run into a rock wall. Note to self, pump the brakes before using them cause they dont work on the first pump or at least until the pads make contact with the rotor! I was just waiting for airbags to blow.
    Ended up with a cracked rock wall, but did not do any noticeable damage to the soccer mom car that already had battle wounds.

Live and learn - we hope?

Bannėd
    Closed a thread about Chuck Barris dying because it looked like a duplicate of the Chuck Berry has died thread.
    That's more than Catfish would do.

western NC
    I was doing an oil change on my current moto a couple years ago. Had already drained everything, and was refilling, and oil was leaking out the crankcase. Of course I made sure the plug was in it, etc. I'm starting to panic, thinking I somehow must've cranked the case, or cross threaded the plug, etc. Turns out no crush washer on the drain plug will cause a leak.

Also, my new Subie is the easiest vehicle I've ever done an oil change on. Oil filters come off by hand, and it's right on top. No laying on the ground in a contortionist pose trying to get the damn filter off.

I'm telling ya boys. Lube up the gasket on the filter with oil before installing it and you won't have these issues. I learned it as a kid and I have always done it that way and have never had that issue.

DJ101

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm telling ya boys. Lube up the gasket on the filter with oil before installing it and you won't have these issues. I learned it as a kid and I have always done it that way and have never had that issue.

DJ101
    I take the new filter and turn it on top of the old filter's seal. Since the old filter's seal is wet with oil, it lubes the new filter's seal. By doing this, I wont miss that the old seal didn't stay behind on the engine and the new seal is lubed.

Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    I take the new filter and turn it on top of the old filter's seal. Since the old filter's seal is wet with oil, it lubes the new filter's seal. By doing this, I wont miss that the old seal didn't stay behind on the engine and the new seal is lubed.
    Great idea, same principle. I just get my finger wet with the old oil and lube the seal.

western NC
    I thought lubing up the seal was a given? My Dad taught me that as a kid. But, you can put KY on it and it won't do shit for a missing crush washer on the drain plug.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Still can't remember to insert the chip credit card instead of swiping it. Then when I do remember, their cc machine doesn't have a chip reader.
    Hah Hah !! Nice. You just beat 300 others 'of us' to that post. :-)
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

Co Springs

A can of cheap brake cleaner will make easy work for stripping the oil/oil stain off the drive or cement.
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    I thought lubing up the seal was a given? My Dad taught me that as a kid. But, you can put KY on it and it won't do shit for a missing crush washer on the drain plug.
    That would be correct Sir. Two different issues a good 5' apart.

Quote Originally Posted by bachman1961 View Post
    A can of cheap brake cleaner will make easy work for stripping the oil/oil stain off the drive or cement.
    Straight gasoline works just as good and it's much cheaper and it pollutes equally as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ochmonek View Post
    Closed a thread about Chuck Barris dying because it looked like a duplicate of the Chuck Berry has died thread.
    Touche.

I work in IT for a Hospital. One of the people on my team manages the AV for our new building that is mostly Doctors and other execs, has a number of training rooms and 2 very large Grand Rooms. The AV system has 2 "master" iPAD's that can literally control any conf room in the building. Anyone who wants to use the rooms needs to get trained to be on the approved list.... so last week during a big meeting one of these "trained" people showed up in a panic at my AV persons office because one of the Projectors somehow turned off and moved back into the ceiling during a presentation... turns out this user had her cup sweating condensation and a danish sitting on the touchscreen of the iPAD....... the water made the electrical connection to the screen and choose the button to lift the projector.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

Bannėd
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Touche.
    I was wondering when you'd see that!
    That's more than Catfish would do.

Co Springs
    Straight gasoline works just as good and it's much cheaper and it pollutes equally as well.
    I dunno, I thought I'd get a few points for killing ozone with the aerosol can but I'm just feeling * itchy and argumentative !

mtbr member
    I actually pull the seal off the new filter and run it between my 2 fingers with new oil to ensure both sides are lubed and pop it back in. I then fill the oil filter with fresh oil, topping it off 3-4 time untill the element is saturated before intalling. Perhaps we need an oc&d forum?

Pipe Dreamer
    I've been reluctant to post in a thread that promotes hair color discrimination.

NDD
    mtbr member
    I've been reluctant to post in a thread that promotes hair color discrimination.
    Is this about the redhead thing...
    dang

I actually pull the seal off the new filter and run it between my 2 fingers with new oil to ensure both sides are lubed and pop it back in. I then fill the oil filter with fresh oil, topping it off 3-4 time untill the element is saturated before intalling. Perhaps we need an oc&d forum?
    A great way to go about it. Unfortunately on my 2006 Tacoma the oil filter is on top of the motor facing down. So when I remove it oil inevitably pours out. Bad design in my opinion.

Co Springs
    When I was new to Colorado Springs in 1993, one of the sales managers warned me about the heat here, the hills and mtns and the stress on coolant systems.
    One day, I was realizing the lack of humidity from what I was used to in MI and (to me) the almost crazy concept I was wearing a button down dress shirt and tie while it was in the mid 90's and I had no idea it was so hot.
    I started watching my engine temp gauge with interest bordering on paranoia.
    Between work related stops, I went to a cellular service provider to pay directly on my bill and as I stopped in a parking spot up by the door, I got out of the car and heard a hissing noise. I instantly knew it was the sound of a hose leaking but went in to pay the bill before coming back out to look under the hood. I called my manager to let him know I'd have to make some arrangements to finish up my day if the car was out of commission for a bit. He went on and on more about how he had warned me but I really didn't see any signs or warning of a problem.

When I did pop the hood, all the evidence of wet leaking water on the hot engine was there but I noted a pop up sprinkler head in the grass on the corner of my parking spot. It must have popped up and sprayed water up into the wheel well and motor area of the car just enough to make the hissing noise and wet the motor down good. Just a comedy of errors leading to calling my boss to tell him I was stranded as if I ignored his warnings all along.

Last edited by bachman1961; 03-24-2017 at 09:59 PM.

mtbr member
    A great way to go about it. Unfortunately on my 2006 Tacoma the oil filter is on top of the motor facing down. So when I remove it oil inevitably pours out. Bad design in my opinion.
    Not 100% sure on the merits of either. Givin the legendary reputation of the tacoma, guessing there is an advantage? Line pressure maybe?

mtbr member
    KX 250 had a thick coat of Play-Doh Glen Helen clay. (Moto-track) hosed off all the thick mud and grabbed a can of Maxima bike cleaner and proceeded to empty the entire can. A full saturation 100% everywhere on the bike. I let it sit for about 45 minutes. After hosing the heck out of it I could not help but notice it had a thick sticky coating like flypaper. It was almost as if someone sprayed the entire bike down with chain lube.

mtbr member
    I lifted a soldering iron up by the wrong end.

The White Jeff W
    The next time I went to the same Starbuck's and I ordered 2 Americanos. One for me and one for my hubby. As you can see, they learned to spell my name but somehow couldn't spell "Chris".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03025_zpsjf1hy0w9.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	1128128
    Swing and amiss
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SLBikes View Post
    Starbucks, WTH! And a rewards card on top of that, would not worry about being embarrassed. Pretty normal activity for people that go there.
    Maybe the cute young barista will read this post and all will be good again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jimbowho View Post
    KX 250 had a thick coat of Play-Doh Glen Helen clay. (Moto-track) hosed off all the thick mud and grabbed a can of Maxima bike cleaner and proceeded to empty the entire can. A full saturation 100% everywhere on the bike. I let it sit for about 45 minutes. After hosing the heck out of it I could not help but notice it had a thick sticky coating like flypaper. It was almost as if someone sprayed the entire bike down with chain lube.
    LOL

Reminds me of a story with my older brother. We used to go jet skiing at the Colorado River outside of Yuma Arizona. The first time we went we got there about an hour or so before dusk. Instead of setting up camp we wanted to hit the water for a ride first. Running around getting geared up it was still 100 degrees out. The bugs [gnats] were swarming and biting like crazy, so my brother reaches into his supply box and grabbed a green and white can of what he thought was bug spray. He sprayed his front down and handed the can to me and asked me to spray his back. Just as he was doing that he says "man, that stuff smells weird". I look at the can and started busting out laughing. It was Canola Oil spray and not bug spray. We reached back in to his supply box and pulled out a can of bug spray that was almost identical looking in design and colors of green and white. He earned the nickname Canola Oil Boy for that trip. LOL
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 03-27-2017 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Capital O a no go.

Yep, same with '91 4-Runner and '95 Avalon V6s. What a PITA.
    Go Fact Yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    Very briefly?
    Go Fact Yourself.

mtbr member
    Very briefly?
    Hurt like feck and dropped it, burnt a hole in the brand new livingroom carpet!

It really, really hurt :0( We had ice-lollies in the freezer and I sat melting my fingers into ice-lollies for hours trying to take the heat out. I'd heard that's what you should do. Think it helped as the pain was only bad for about a day. It was a while until I regained the feeling in my fingertips though.

Pipe Dreamer
    This image comes to mind, but I bet Mr Pig didn't hold on to it for very long, lol!

A blonde moment part II.-raiders-17.jpg

mtbr member
    ^LOL!

That's awesome

This image comes to mind, but I bet Mr Pig didn't hold on to it for very long, lol!
    Something-something-only-solved-half-the-riddle-something-something...
    Go Fact Yourself.

mtbr member
    No I did not. I thought about, but I figured that if I held it for longer it was only going to hurt even more so down it went. Onto the carpet.

Bikesexual
    I had a similar situation as pig except it was just a dinner plate that I put in the center of the stove while both burners we going..that hurt!

My biggest was many years ago my buddy had a Vega not sure what yr but it was stick shift, went up the hill to the store..yep left in neutral..went in, came out and the car had rolled back about a mile lol.. forgot that emergency brake. I was so lucky it didnt hit anything.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I had a similar situation as pig except it was just a dinner plate that I put in the center of the stove while both burners we going..that hurt!

My biggest was many years ago my buddy had a Vega not sure what yr but it was stick shift, went up the hill to the store..yep left in neutral..went in, came out and the car had rolled back about a mile lol.. forgot that emergency brake. I was so lucky it didnt hit anything.
    Many years ago my uncle had a Cessna plane, I was a kid at the time. It was stored and tied down off a runway on a farm in upstate N.Y. A neighboring farmer forgot to set the emergency brake on his tractor and it rolled downhill a couple of hundred feet and crashed right in to the plane. A total loss ended up being the last plane he owned.

Bikesexual
    Many years ago my uncle had a Cessna plane, I was a kid at the time. It was stored and tied down off a runway on a farm in upstate N.Y. A neighboring farmer forgot to set the emergency brake on his tractor and it rolled downhill a couple of hundred feet and crashed right in to the plane. A total loss ended up being the last plane he owned.
    Oh man, hopefully the farmer was well insured.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Oh man, hopefully the farmer was well insured.
    I was a kid but he never got another plane so I'm assuming he never got paid out by insurance on it.

Pipe Dreamer
    ^LOL!

That's awesome
    Major Arnold Ernst Toht, my favorite character in that movie (besides Marion ).

Something-something-only-solved-half-the-riddle-something-something...
    They're digging in the wrong place!

No I did not. I thought about, but I figured that if I held it for longer it was only going to hurt even more so down it went. Onto the carpet.
    I wouldn't have had time to think, it would have been flying away from my hand immediately!

mtbr member
    I have another one. And what's sad is I am a blonde.

mtbr member
    I have another one. My club has a policy that all helmets run Club colors. I use PJ1 rattle can because it's quality paint. Now in my defense my sister ran a body shop and they put cars in a 400-degree oven for an hour. On a gloomy rainy Saturday I painted yet another helmet that I wanted to wear Sunday. I like putting my helmet in the hot sun but all I had was my oven. Turned it on to 200 for 10 minutes shut it off and put the helmet in there on a towel. Hotish dry air what can go wrong? Paint bubbled, styrofoam melted. I think I just overalled the dumb blonde forum. And I am a blonde.

mtbr member
    I sprayed insect repellent all over my Specialized helmet and it melted it. It melted the stickers on the outer shell and melted the Styrofoam.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Would a 'blonde' moment be pushing on a door that says pull?
    How many have done this in front of others? I never have.

And I'll try not to do it again.
    DAMN THE MUD, FULL SPEED AHEAD!!

mtbr member
    You open the fridge and scan. Vegetables check, almond milk check, rice cakes check, tofu check, fruit check and close the door. I go back in 10 minutes open it again thinking that maybe there will be a Tommy's Burger, Pizza, chicken nuggets, or a Tina's burrito. Like some magic Genie came by and stocked the fridge. And then you wait 15 minutes and try it again.

NDD
    mtbr member
    You open the fridge and scan. Vegetables check, almond milk check, rice cakes check, tofu check, fruit check and close the door. I go back in 10 minutes open it again thinking that maybe there will be a Tommy's Burger, Pizza, chicken nuggets, or a Tina's burrito. Like some magic Genie came by and stocked the fridge. And then you wait 15 minutes and try it again.
    Isn't that more like a dog moment? Like they walk by their kibble every now and then to see if it miraculously has gravy on it yet.
    dang

Bikesexual
    Tommy's? Is it the socal Tommys? I can eat that once every 5 years and feel it for 2 years.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Tommy's? Is it the socal Tommys? I can eat that once every 5 years and feel it for 2 years.

I have a love hate relationship with that place.

Bikesexual
    I have a love hate relationship with that place.
    Lol you kinda have to. After some drinks though!

As a kid I worked at Taco Bell, across from Tommy's we used to trade food, haha.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    I was soldering the batteries on my RC car. I turned and knocked the iron off the table. My instinct was to catch it. Don't do that. Was hot enough to get stuck to my fingers and I had to pull it off.

How many times do you look up to your non
    existing rear view mirror to see behind you on your bike?

As a kid I worked at Taco Bell, across from Tommy's we used to trade food, haha.
    I worked just a half a mile from a Tommy's for 4 years. Driving past that place daily was painful. This was many years ago and to this day I bet there's black skid marks left from my impulsive pull in's.

Although I did get my girl hooked on it for our weekend breakfast excursions.
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post
    I was soldering the batteries on my RC car. I turned and knocked the iron off the table. My instinct was to catch it. Don't do that. Was hot enough to get stuck to my fingers and I had to pull it off.

All too much. My biggest problem was driving a work vehicle with column shifted automatic to my console shifted automatic truck to my girls floor shifted manual. Getting off work then heading home to a shower and off to dinner in her Beamer with the stick shift. I often reached for the column shift when it was actually on my the floor, duh!

Fart smeller

Trading food? Idden that like trading herpes?

Heather Heyer

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Trading food? Idden that like trading herpes?
    They got tacos and we got chili burgers...stopped right there 😊
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Co Springs
    When "The Boss" has a blonde moment and there are far too many witnesses.....

A few of us sales people were asked to help the boss with another of his projects. The last one was putting a new roof on his lake-side cottage. It was a day of easy work , free beer/booze and a nice cookout.
    A few years later, his newer property was on another lake and he had a few of us show up to help line his shorefront area with rock near his dock and pontoon. It was a grassy yard and ledge to the water so there was no 'beach' just rock he wanted to be decorative in the shallow area of water's edge. I don't think any of us saw it coming (blond moment for all of us) but when we began opening big bags of 'rock' and littering the shoreline, it all just happily floated away. It was lava rock and the boss had that look on his face as if he willed that story to never get out.
    He was just the type of guy that made the story perfect to tell our many clients who knew him because most didn't see him as the wise and esteemed professional he carried himself as.

I suspect many of us could turn that story if of our own experience, to a fun ice-breaker and a way to endear a customer or friendship, but not this guy.

mtbr member
    Trying to clip into flat pedals & they just swing around & nail me in the shin.

My wife had one- she told me that she heard on the news that Michael Jordan died. I went around for three days believing it. Then I saw an article about George Michael dying from three days before. She's foreign & not completely up on English language music...or basketball.

And she told me about a "famous gorilla that killed a little boy."

Cycologist
    Haven't done that (yet) but I have grabbed a glob of hot glue from a hot glue gun and then when it burned and stuck to my hand, grabbed it with the other hand to try to get it off.

Definitely haven't done that, but I have tried to open the door to our office with my car remote.
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

western NC
    I've done the soldering iron thing, but in an even dumber way. A few years back, I needed to put different plugs on some battery packs (I do RC stuff), and my old cheapo iron just wasn't cutting it. So I went out and bought a nice digital soldering station that had a ceramic element. Took it home, plugged it in, and watched the little temp readout rocket to 850deg in maybe 15 seconds. No way it's that hot yet, licked my finger and touched it. Yep, it's 850, maybe more. Duh!

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    I've done the soldering iron thing, but in an even dumber way. A few years back, I needed to put different plugs on some battery packs (I do RC stuff), and my old cheapo iron just wasn't cutting it. So I went out and bought a nice digital soldering station that had a ceramic element. Took it home, plugged it in, and watched the little temp readout rocket to 850deg in maybe 15 seconds. No way it's that hot yet, licked my finger and touched it. Yep, it's 850, maybe more. Duh!
    I think what I like most about this is that you actually went out of your way to buy a really nice one, then didn't believe it was that good. Also that your finger was the only possible item to test it with.
    dang

western NC
    That's just it, I truly didn't believe it was possible for it to be that good. Hell, why use solder when you're equipped with ten "oh shit that's hot" gauges from the factory?

mtbr member
    i've had a blonde moment and gone into a starbucks. hehe

Some good stuff up there ^. Love the soldering gun and hot glue gun fail. That's some ER painful stuff. And the helmet in the oven trick was spectacular. A leaking radiator hose reported to the boss saying you'll be late only to find out it was a sprinkler head making the noice, ha,ha. And the old trying to clip in to a flat pedal, spin around and shred your shin trick, ouch!

Here's one for ya. Years ago I worked at a hardware store. A guy was looking at different signs for commercial restrooms. He notices an arrow sign, which was a sticky back rectangular piece with a painted arrow on it. Meant to stick on a door or wall directing you of where to go. It was hanging on a peghook with the arrow pointing down. He asks me if we had any that pointed left, as he points left. I took it off the peghook and held it out in front of him pointing it in the desired direction and said "like this, you mean". The look of embarrassment on his face was priceless.

Co Springs
    I think what I like most about this is that you actually went out of your way to buy a really nice one, then didn't believe it was that good. Also that your finger was the only possible item to test it with.

+

Proof the simplest of stories often Nail It !!

mtbr member
    I keep trying to overall this dumb blonde thread, but you people keep coming up with more.

I'm installing a sewer cleanout access, it was all dug up and cut out I had my fitting(comby) ready to go, and was sliding the couplings on to the original pipe when the customer( she was very fun, a chef, and made her own wine.) We sometimes lightly partied. she steps out onto her porch looks down to her left and says hey Jim isn't that supposed to be pointing towards the Alley????

My very blonde girlfriend moved into the house right about when I had to be in Mexico for 10 days. I could not bring her. I'm back and we were discussing how things went for her while I was gone and the trash cans came up. She said she did not know which day to put the trash cans out so she Googled when should I put out the trash cans?

On a rare occasion I would sometimes call her a pet name.( same girl ) one day she actually looked at me for real and truly meant it and said why do you call me yum yum?
    I still miss you Cindy.

Cycologist
    Something like 7 years ago, I stopped for a run on my way to work. Afterwards, I got in my car and drove down the road and then down the four lane in stop and go traffic. Almost to work, I realized I didn't have my cell phone and I recalled putting it on the roof of my car, leaning on the rail of the roof rack, which mounts flush on my Forester. I rolled down the window, stuck my hand out and up and felt around while still driving. Phone was still there. I had it in a heavy rubber case, even had tire treads on the back. Told myself not to set my phone on the roof after running anymore.

About 6 weeks ago, stopped for my morning run (different location) then got in my car (same Forester) and headed for work (different job). Went down the hill, over the bridge, made the sharp left and started climbing the hill and heard "thump…thump, thump. thump" on my roof, WTH? Wait, where's my phone? "Thump, thump, thump". Pulled over and got out, my phone was about a foot from the back end of the roof. This one didn't have a rubber case but the back is a bit rubbery so I'm sure that saved it. I wanted to get it with a bamboo back but I had read that it could be a bit slippery so I didn't; good thing.

mtbr member
    Other burn moment. Was grinding acrylic with a cut off saw. Had a full face mask on. A huge glob of molten acrylic landed on my arm. It burned right into my skin. I went to blow on it to cool it down not realizing I still had a full face mask on. I just looked at it.

I seem to burn/injure myself a lot. When I was an Auto tech if I didn't bleed that day at work I was afraid something might happen on the way home

Bikesexual
    Ok one more here too. I had a 67VW bug, loved it but the gas guage didnt work, the speedometer? Negative but that thing took me everywhere. At one point it would stall on neutral unless I press the gas..i.e. going thru a drive thru..I would put it in neutral and press the gas to keep it running...well this became a habit! Take my Moms mustang (automatic) sitting at Junk n the box....sure enough I gas the son of a gun and plowed into the car in front of me, which had the biggest dude I have seen to this day. I was as pale and scared as I could be, somehow nothing happened to either car and he got back in his car with a very pissedoff face. Needless to say he had a few words for me lol
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Co Springs
    Good examples of those 'lucky phone' stories chazpat.

I once drove across town and ended up home wondering where my phone was. My son figured it fell under the seat or something, dialed up my number and the hood started ringing. The phone rested on the hood at the lip of a black vinyl nose bra.

My wife just loves to tell the story of my dashboard surfing..... Once while driving our van, it was a warm sunny day and I had the windows down. As I took a big sweeping left turn onto 3 or 4 lanes going east, the phone slid from my side of the dash right out through the passenger window. I had to circle back and get it but it never really worked well since so it was trade up time. These were the days of the Nokia clamshell type fold-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Something like 7 years ago, I stopped for a run on my way to work. Afterwards, I got in my car and drove down the road and then down the four lane in stop and go traffic. Almost to work, I realized I didn't have my cell phone and I recalled putting it on the roof of my car, leaning on the rail of the roof rack, which mounts flush on my Forester. I rolled down the window, stuck my hand out and up and felt around while still driving. Phone was still there. I had it in a heavy rubber case, even had tire treads on the back. Told myself not to set my phone on the roof after running anymore.

About 6 weeks ago, stopped for my morning run (different location) then got in my car (same Forester) and headed for work (different job). Went down the hill, over the bridge, made the sharp left and started climbing the hill and heard "thump…thump, thump. thump" on my roof, WTH? Wait, where's my phone? "Thump, thump, thump". Pulled over and got out, my phone was about a foot from the back end of the roof. This one didn't have a rubber case but the back is a bit rubbery so I'm sure that saved it. I wanted to get it with a bamboo back but I had read that it could be a bit slippery so I didn't; good thing.
    Your story reminded me of one that happened to me. This was in the 90's so landlines with cordless were popular. It was on a Saturday and I was heading out to the lake to go jet skiing. I had a few things on the ski to work on prior. As I'm working on it I realize I needed a part. I call up my jet ski shop and I'm in luck they have the part, but they close in 1/2 an hour. The place is 20 minutes away but on the way to the lake. The trailer was already hooked to my truck. I hurried and loaded and hauled butt down there.

I got there just as they were closing. Bought the part and went to put it on in their parking lot. A guy that works there was leaving and was walking behind the trailer and says to me "is this your phone"? No way my cordless house phone which I remember it being on top of the tool box in the front of the trailer worked its way off and fell down and in between the jet ski trailer rails and vibrated its way all the way to the back end of the trailer. Still worked fine.

The odds of it landing in that small space is mind boggling.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 03-28-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Maaaaan
    How come Singlesprocket hasn't checked in?
    I'm sure he has lot's of blonde moments.
    Communist Party Member Since 1917.

Co Springs
    Might be one of those that still can't believe it. Who'd have ever thought the Blonde Jokes of 25 years ago, references to low IQ or spoke without thinking would be today's bragging rights ?