Big Brother--He's watching- Mtbr.com
    Ride More, Work Less

Big Brother--He's watching

Recently, the house Steve Jobs lived in was broken into. It was under revision and the family was away. The thief took several Apple products. Imagine the surprise when the cops show up the reclaim the goods. It turns out the "where's my ipad" solved the case.

For those that seem to believe the internet is anonymous, Big Brother is out there.

Kenny the Clown had Steve Jobs' stolen iPad

Pale Rider
    When I go to the mall or a park with my wife and I see the sign that says "You are here" with a big red arrow. I look at my wife and say See I told you they're watching us.
    With my goldfish shorts swimming around my toes.

The White Jeff W
    A couple days ago I was watching a DVD and at the beginning it said it had been formatted to fit my TV screen. How do they know what size screen I have?!?!
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Some new techno is down right intrusive, get ready. Don't know how well embraced or disliked it'll become, but it's surely coming. Forget where you parked? Wanna know where your wife is at any given moment? Find out what's on sale throu IM and e-mails as you physically pass a store? That stuff is happening now.
    In a few years.....your wallet will hardly or not be needed. Forget peoples names, no problem, your phone will tell you who your looking at and any public info about them like e-mails, facebook accounts, address, whatever, or if you pay for or are privy to other info, like criminal records, credit scores, medical history, that'll be there too.
    Ahh, a brave new world indeed.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Pretty much 100% of the time you're on the net, you're being tracked - and it 'aint just Big Bro doing it.
    It must be hard as $%#* to live off the radar nowadays.
    In my opinion, the net is both a luxury and a curse.
    theMeat is dead-on right.
    The problem I see with all this "convenience" is that you are using your brain less and less. A computer does all the the thinking for you. We'll become slaves to our electronics, and we are already on the verge.
    Think about it: what would you do if the power went out and stayed out? How do you think you'd adapt? We use electronics for almost everything in our daily lives and we take it for granted.
    Sooner or later, we'll face a long period of power outage - I bet you most people won't know what to do.
    We in New England faced a blizzard back in late October. CT got slammed by the storm - in the western part of the state, we had 8 inches of snow accumulation. Some people were fortunate to not lose power at all (or got it back within a short period of time), whilst others had no power for weeks (CL&P wasn't prepared at all for this scenario).
    For me, it was from 29th to the following Thursday. Being without electricity for that long at first seemed horrible - the nights were absolutely freezing (try sleeping in temperatures below 25 F), especially since my house has almost no insulation (it was built back in the '50s, and hasn't been upgraded/remodeled much since). But looking back, I can honestly say that it was a good experience getting away from electronics. It has made me see how luxurious we are (if "luxurious" is the right word) with our utilities that we so often take for granted.
    Sorry if I've gotten off-topic a bit .
    Last edited by SpecializedWindsor; 08-18-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typo
    "Be prepared, not scared"
    ~Cody Lundin

"What is stronger, fear or hope?"
    ~Lance Armstrong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    For those that seem to believe the internet is anonymous, Big Brother is out there.
    Hopefully you didn't just realize this.

The government can find you with just your cell phone number and you having your phone turned on.

Ride More, Work Less
    Not hardly. There are some here that don't seem to have a clue, though.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Not hardly. There are some here that don't seem to have a clue, though.
    Hopefully you didn't just realize that too...lol...

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

no trees are safe
    Read 1989 by George Orwell. You'll be pleased with your discoveries.

I'm SUCH a square....
    Orwell wrote 1984.

I couldn't care less who knows where I am, or why they think they need to know. Coming to GET me, that's a whole 'nother thing.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millfox View Post
    Was that the follow up?

Ride More, Work Less
    Quote Originally Posted by Millfox View Post
    I think many in the US read 1984 as it was a standard text in high school...at least 20 years ago when I was in high school. It has held up remarkably well, but I think kids these days won't be as impressed since they are essentially living in the reality described in the book.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nuffink View Post
    Was that the follow up?
    I didn't know Orwell wrote a sequel! I need to look it up.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Hopefully you didn't just realize this.

The government can find you with just your cell phone number and you having your phone turned on.
    The government My wife can txt me when i'm out riding & tell me were I am & if im at a friends she can tell me what room i'm in.
    I have a 6 Berth & 2 Berth Motorhomes that I rent out . They are based in Tauranga, New Zealand

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    It was always my impression, don't do stupid **** and the government won't give a damn about you. Still have that opinion. I think technology is great. If my stuff gets stolen, I can track it and get it back. If I have to call 9-1-1 and can't talk they can use XY coordinates to send me help. Too many paranoid people always focus on the bad of technology.

I'm not saying bad people (even in the gvmnt) don't do bad things with their abilities, but I doubt they're going to use their backwards evil technology to find out where I am or what I'm doing. If I'm searching for instructions to make something I'm not supposed to be making, by all means, I deserve a knock and talk from some guys dressed like MIB folks.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mark! View Post
    It was always my impression, don't do stupid **** and the government won't give a damn about you. Still have that opinion. I think technology is great. If my stuff gets stolen, I can track it and get it back. If I have to call 9-1-1 and can't talk they can use XY coordinates to send me help. Too many paranoid people always focus on the bad of technology.

I'm not saying bad people (even in the gvmnt) don't do bad things with their abilities, but I doubt they're going to use their backwards evil technology to find out where I am or what I'm doing. If I'm searching for instructions to make something I'm not supposed to be making, by all means, I deserve a knock and talk from some guys dressed like MIB folks.
    WOW, really? The government is well on its way of making us a police state. Anyone with opposing views will be locked up.

Facebook posts land Marine vet in mental ward? (VIDEO) — RT

I do not agree with this guys viewpoints, but what happened to freedom of speech? This is a guy who served his country and look how he is treated.

Now read this link:

Former union chief at Occupy DC: “Progressive labor is a revolutionary COMMUNIST organization to overthrow capitalism” The Right Scoop -

Which person should be locked up? And you think the government will leave you alone, wake up people our country is well on the way to NOT being a free country.

Members who have read this thread: 0