poser Administrator

BBQ am i doing it wrong? Educate me up

For years I had a weber single burner grill in my backyard plumbed directly into my house gas. It was an old aluminum thing and had seen its fair share of weather. The burner element finally was totally rusted out and at around the same time I had my gas main break. Getting a new line required deleting the line to the BBQ so I just junked it however i did have a stub out in my new line for a future BBQ.

I sucked it up and bought a new BBQ at sears during one of their sales and I am totally underwhelmed with it.

this is the spec:
    Stainless steel
    Porcelain-coated finish on lid and body
    710 sq. in total cooking area
    500 sq. in. primary cooking area
    4 stainless steel burners with 10,000 BTU side burner
    Electronic ignition
    3 pc. porcelain-coated wire cooking grates
    Burger count: 28
    2 left side wheels
    Bonus side burner
    Recommended accessories: Cover #15858 and #15871
    48,000 output BTUs per hour
    (note 100% certain this is it but it is close enough)

it seemed right but it is totally underwhelming. I converted it to connect to my stub out with a quick disconnect so it is running on natural gas but it never gets hot, it barely sears meat much less cooks a hamburger. I tried a non-direct grilling of a loin once and hours later it was still raw. It can barely get above 400F with the lid closed.

I don't want to spend money on a propane tank etc to see if it is the natural gas connection as the old one worked really well and was super hot but frankly i have stopped using it as it takes so long and has such bad performance that it is easier to just cook meat another way, but since we are heading into our summer and adding heat to the house when it is 110F outside is a bad idea I am getting desperate again.

School me o'BBQ masters.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

I see your problem; you bought a gas grill. What you need is a wood burning smoker with the fuel tank offset. As for anything useful, I don't do things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Sweep the leg!
    I've had a great results with my propane grill. The charcoal Weber was too inconsistent for both time and temperature for me.

400 degrees should work.
    Last edited by Caffeine Powered; 04-09-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: saw you have a thermometer
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Oh...see...propane. Looks like I'm not going to be able to help you either.
    I'm enjoying my childhood way too much to ever give it up.

What could go wrong ...
    Gas is for grilling ... to BBQ you need charcoal
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

better than I deserve

Do the knobs for the grill have a half way point detention and you need to push them and turn to get more rotation for the full flame? My work has one like that.

I gave up the hassles of gas grills a long time ago.Last gas grill I had I just started using charcoal in it.Now I have one of them big fancy charcoal grills.

mtbr member
    I'm no BBQ master, but I believe you need to do more than swap out the hose fitting to run a propane grill on natural gas. My guess would be a different regulator? Where is good old Hank Hill when you need him?

AZ
    banned
    Are you sure that your new grill is metered for natural gas? It may be metered for propane and a metering "pill" would be in order.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoke2 View Post
    Gas is for grilling ... to BBQ you need charcoal

So many people don't understand the difference between BBQ and grilling. It's nice when someone does.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skullcap View Post
    So many people don't understand the difference between BBQ and grilling. It's nice when someone does.
    happy to see someone else chimed in before me too.

Admittedly, its been a while since I smoked a good butt... Its sometimes hard to make time to schedule in a 14 hour bbq day.

since 4/10/2009
    BBQ is just a sauce, honestly.

the method of cooking would be

grilling = hot and fast
    smoking = low and slow

as for the OP's problem, I've gotta agree that changing fuel requires more changes to the internals of the grill. natural gas is not equal to propane in energy generated when burned, and it needs different metering. I know nothing about the equipment needed to do that, but it is what it is.

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Are you sure that your new grill is metered for natural gas? It may be metered for propane and a metering "pill" would be in order.
    I had purchased a swap kit at HD thinking it just bolts on after removing the propane regulator but considering the performance I am thinking I am missing something.

I do understand the difference between BBQ and grilling and charcoal and such, just BBQ is like kleenex, gets the point across.

I will have to do more investigation regarding the swap, perhaps i have done something wrong. I can always hook back the propane regulator and see if that makes it better. It is just I don't want to spend the money on a tank and fill etc. because frankly being attached to the house is a great thing.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yeah Zoke is a natural born smoker.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    I had purchased a swap kit at HD thinking it just bolts on after removing the propane regulator but considering the performance I am thinking I am missing something.

I do understand the difference between BBQ and grilling and charcoal and such, just BBQ is like kleenex, gets the point across.

I will have to do more investigation regarding the swap, perhaps i have done something wrong. I can always hook back the propane regulator and see if that makes it better. It is just I don't want to spend the money on a tank and fill etc. because frankly being attached to the house is a great thing.

In addition to the regulator there may be an orifice or jet that might be on the burner itself.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    as for the OP's problem, I've gotta agree that changing fuel requires more changes to the internals of the grill. natural gas is not equal to propane in energy generated when burned, and it needs different metering. I know nothing about the equipment needed to do that, but it is what it is.
    Yup, that's the problem, propane has over twice the energy density of natural gas. In other words, if you simply hook up a propane burner to a natural gas line without changing the regulators, orifices, and possibly a few other things, the burner will run at less than half power.

At the minimum you'll need a new regulator that supplies about 2.5 times more pressure to get the required flow of gas and you'll likely need new orifices to deal with the increased flow and mix the gas with the proper amount of air.

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    In addition to the regulator there may be an orifice or jet that might be on the burner itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    Yup, that's the problem, propane has over twice the energy density of natural gas. In other words, if you simply hook up a propane burner to a natural gas line without changing the regulators, orifices, and possibly a few other things, the burner will run at less than half power.

At the minimum you'll need a new regulator that supplies about 2.5 times more pressure to get the required flow of gas and you'll likely need new orifices to deal with the increased flow and mix the gas with the proper amount of air.
    Thanks for the info. When I talked to the dudes at HD they said it was all I needed and the BBQ itself was said to be able to run on both propane and Natural Gas. Guess it wasn't though. I will suck it up and either pick up a propane tank or figure out what I need to do to run it natural gas.

I knew something wasn't right. herp a derp.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Weird huh?

El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle 7 points 1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

Big Boy
    I was under the impression that BBQ is done in a pit with wood chips/logs, and grilling is done on a "grill" with either propane or charcoal.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

mtbr member
    Is that like the distinction between All-mountain riding and Trail riding? I just love the semantic nuances of esoteric language ...

And yes, it sounds like your grill is not designed to use natural gas. I bet it will work great with a propane tank attached. Good luck!
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tystevens View Post
    Is that like the distinction between All-mountain riding and Trail riding? I just love the semantic nuances of esoteric language ...
    not quite. it's somewhat like the differences between baking and broiling or sauteeing and frying. they're just different.

the only similarity between grilling and smoking is that fire is often involved (unless you're using an electric smoker).

Ride More, Work Less
    Yep, the HD guy let you down. You need to change the orifice out. It may not run as hot as propane, but it is a necessary change over.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

Crazed Country Rebel
    so many people dont understand that when they think others dont understand, it's actually they who dont understand. It would be nice for them to learn.

Here's some history. The first BBQ was meat over open flame. Not smoked meat, but grilled meat.

Read on, you BBQ Bigots!

The history of barbecue
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

Crazed Country Rebel
    For years I had a weber single burner grill in my backyard plumbed directly into my house gas. It was an old aluminum thing and had seen its fair share of weather. The burner element finally was totally rusted out and at around the same time I had my gas main break. Getting a new line required deleting the line to the BBQ so I just junked it however i did have a stub out in my new line for a future BBQ.

I sucked it up and bought a new BBQ at sears during one of their sales and I am totally underwhelmed with it.

this is the spec:

it seemed right but it is totally underwhelming. I converted it to connect to my stub out with a quick disconnect so it is running on natural gas but it never gets hot, it barely sears meat much less cooks a hamburger. I tried a non-direct grilling of a loin once and hours later it was still raw. It can barely get above 400F with the lid closed.

I don't want to spend money on a propane tank etc to see if it is the natural gas connection as the old one worked really well and was super hot but frankly i have stopped using it as it takes so long and has such bad performance that it is easier to just cook meat another way, but since we are heading into our summer and adding heat to the house when it is 110F outside is a bad idea I am getting desperate again.

School me o'BBQ masters.
    Not sure if your grill is meant for natural gas - but either way, it wont work well for long. It's just the nature of cheap BBQ's.

I have that same BBQ and less than 2 years later one of the burners is blown out (literally melted through) and it doesnt get over 400 degrees.

Depending on your budget, you may just want to get a Webber and go back to charcoal, or investigate getting a nicer gas grill (webber or some other reputable brand). Plan on spending 2x to 3x what the Sears model costs. Around $800.

Or look into getting a pellet grill. Kind of like Traegers - but traegers suck ass. They just have the popular brand name. I would recomend Green Mountain Grills.

These will set you back $800 - but will do a damn good job of smoking or grilling. They have a huge temperature range and really good controls.

Check out this site for really good, unbiased reviews on all the above options.

Buyer's guide and reviews of smokers, grills, accessories, gadgets, books, magazines, sauces, ingredients, and more

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle View Post
    WOW, somebody who actually knows what they're talking about! POS REP!

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    Yep, the HD guy let you down. You need to change the orifice out. It may not run as hot as propane, but it is a necessary change over.
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Not sure if your grill is meant for natural gas - but either way, it wont work well for long. It's just the nature of cheap BBQ's.

I have that same BBQ and less than 2 years later one of the burners is blown out (literally melted through) and it doesnt get over 400 degrees.

Depending on your budget, you may just want to get a Webber and go back to charcoal, or investigate getting a nicer gas grill (webber or some other reputable brand). Plan on spending 2x to 3x what the Sears model costs. Around $800.

Or look into getting a pellet grill. Kind of like Traegers - but traegers suck ass. They just have the popular brand name. I would recomend Green Mountain Grills.

These will set you back $800 - but will do a damn good job of smoking or grilling. They have a huge temperature range and really good controls.

Check out this site for really good, unbiased reviews on all the above options.

Buyer's guide and reviews of smokers, grills, accessories, gadgets, books, magazines, sauces, ingredients, and more

Thanks for the advice everyone. I thought i had read when I bought the unit that it was natural gas compatible, i just assumed that all I needed to do was swap in the hose instead of the regulator.

Ultimately i wanted to build my own as I am an epicurian at heart and like to cook specific things on my grill. I don't do a lot of BBQ actually and ribs and such usually are done in the oven then to the table without a stop over the fire but on my old unit I did thanksgiving turkey, carne asada, hamburgers a lot and chickens occasionally. Mostly things you eat in summer and want to get the heat out of the house.

Unfortunately before I could source the parts and build it myself the ol gas line broke and left me stranded so I just went with the cheap buy at Sears.

Can't I just pimp the grill so to speak when parts break? I mean don't people just buy new stuff, grab the welder and add supports for new higher grade burners or whatever is needed? I'm a do it yourself, invent it yourself sorry grouchy bastard when it comes to most things and prefer to do so if what i bought ain't cutting it. Don't ask my wife about that because it bothers her to no end. (Her: why can't we just hire someone to do it?
    Me: Because they won't do it right and I will of course).

Anyway, orifice? Is that all I need you suspect? Or is this just another time when buying the right thing (propane) is better than doing it the right (my) way to get what I want?
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

AZ
    banned
    Use the NG regulator and there should be an orifice or two or three somewhere, probably at the burners.

Big Boy
    so many people dont understand that when they think others dont understand, it's actually they who dont understand. It would be nice for them to learn.

Here's some history. The first BBQ was meat over open flame. Not smoked meat, but grilled meat.

Read on, you BBQ Bigots!

The history of barbecue
    I think it is safe to say that no one on this forum was referring to BBQ methods before the 1800's.

Been in quite a few bbq cook offs, and I have yet to see anyone BBQ'ing over an open flame.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

Ride More, Work Less

Can't I just pimp the grill so to speak when parts break? I mean don't people just buy new stuff, grab the welder and add supports for new higher grade burners or whatever is needed? I'm a do it yourself, invent it yourself sorry grouchy bastard when it comes to most things and prefer to do so if what i bought ain't cutting it. Don't ask my wife about that because it bothers her to no end. (Her: why can't we just hire someone to do it?
    Me: Because they won't do it right and I will of course).

Anyway, orifice? Is that all I need you suspect? Or is this just another time when buying the right thing (propane) is better than doing it the right (my) way to get what I want?
    A problem with cheap grills is that they fall apart too quickly. They rust out and you get poor grilling surfaces. So in a sense, the backbone of a cheap grill isn't worth the time. That said, yes, you can keep the beast alive. Heavy cast iron, enamel-coated grates are great. Cheap burners are just fine until they rust out.

If you want to really go for a high heat sear, look into the large, round "fish cooker" burners. Put a high pressure regulator on it and you will be cooking at 800+ degrees.

Orifice--this was probably in the kit, but if not, you can drill out the hole to increase the flow of gas.

This looks like a reasonable illustration of the process.
    Converting a Propane Grill to Natural Gas | Mobile Home Repair
    I've never tried this approach, but there really isn't anything magical about the orifice.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

poser Administrator
    A problem with cheap grills is that they fall apart too quickly. They rust out and you get poor grilling surfaces. So in a sense, the backbone of a cheap grill isn't worth the time. That said, yes, you can keep the beast alive. Heavy cast iron, enamel-coated grates are great. Cheap burners are just fine until they rust out.

If you want to really go for a high heat sear, looking into the large, round "fish cooker" burners. Put a high pressure regulator on it and you will be cooking at 800+ degrees.

Orifice--this was probably in the kit, but if not, you can drill out the hole to increase the flow of gas.

I've never tried this approach, but there really isn't anything magical about the orifice.
    Hell yeah that is what I am talking about. I have a drill, I have nice drill bits, I am a man. Drilling up my grill to cook meat is about as manly as it gets right? Bring it baby!
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    I think it is safe to say that no one on this forum was referring to BBQ methods before the 1800's.

Been in quite a few bbq cook offs, and I have yet to see anyone BBQ'ing over an open flame.
    well, when you read up on it, you'll find out that these smarty pants, johnny-come-lately's who think grilling isnt bbq, didnt exist before the mid 1970's.

So, if they want to correct people and act all cool, then it's only fair to show them just how wrong they are.

The full etymology of bbq, here! A thorough definition of barbecue and an etymology of the word

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

mtbr member
    Wow, you guys actually managed to turn that into a discussion. It almost makes me so proud (sniff, sniff). But seriously, I always thought the difference was more a regional; mainly South Carolina; thing. But what do I know, I'm a transplant.

Now I'm going to have to make BeerBQ spare ribs this weekend. See how you all are?

Rockcrusher, what's a man without a DIY project to keep him happy? The whole idea of self-modding anything involving gas scares the bejeabers([sp?) out of me, personally, but good luck with that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

this is the spec:

School me o'BBQ masters.
    I've noticed with the more recent Kenmore grills that they have trouble getting as hot as they should. There are two issues in probably in play depending on the model. First, they use thin aluminum that doesn't retain heat well. The second issue is they often have a volume of cooking area that is too large for the amount of heat the burners are able to crank out. I bought one last year and have been extremely disappointed after having an older Kenmore that served well for 4 years. Next time I'll pony up the extra dough for the Weber.

poser Administrator
    Wow, you guys actually managed to turn that into a discussion. It almost makes me so proud (sniff, sniff). But seriously, I always thought the difference was more a regional; mainly South Carolina; thing. But what do I know, I'm a transplant.

Now I'm going to have to make BeerBQ spare ribs this weekend. See how you all are?

Rockcrusher, what's a man without a DIY project to keep him happy? The whole idea of self-modding anything involving gas scares the bejeabers([sp?) out of me, personally, but good luck with that.
    Yeah but Fire! Nothing is more manly than that!

Quote Originally Posted by SJKevin View Post
    I've noticed with the more recent Kenmore grills that they have trouble getting as hot as they should. There are two issues in probably in play depending on the model. First, they use thin aluminum that doesn't retain heat well. The second issue is they often have a volume of cooking area that is too large for the amount of heat the burners are able to crank out. I bought one last year and have been extremely disappointed after having an older Kenmore that served well for 4 years. Next time I'll pony up the extra dough for the Weber.
    I did notice that the spacing between the burners is far and that it could use one more burner in there to get things cooking, but since I rarely cook to a grills capacity, maybe doing 5 hamburgers and corn it isn't that big of a concern. Right now I just want some heat for a little sear action.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

I like bikes
    Rockcrusher, I was in the BBQ industry for a few years. The best gas grill made is still the Webber, hands down. If you really intend to cook out on the grill, it is worth the $$$. I have an older Genesis Silver that is still going strong. I can get complete replacement parts still, although I have only had to replace the vapor bars, after 15 years. I plan on getting a new Summit built-in next year, on Natural Gas, but intend to keep the Silver, and build it in on the side to have double grills. 3 burners, for indirect cooking, and smoker boxes make these grills nice to use. My friends think I am some sort of bbq god, lol.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Yeah but Fire! Nothing is more manly than that!

I did notice that the spacing between the burners is far and that it could use one more burner in there to get things cooking, but since I rarely cook to a grills capacity, maybe doing 5 hamburgers and corn it isn't that big of a concern. Right now I just want some heat for a little sear action.
    You're definitely going to want to cook right on top of the burners in that case. They tend to have one burner that is more powerful than the others for searing. You might be able to keep individual spots hotter by covering your food with a heavy metal bowl after placing it on the grill. Also, make sure your meat is room temperature before putting it on. It's a shame that anyone should have to jump through hoops just to cook some beef right but that just seems to be the case.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    So , get a weber ketttle grill, some natural hardwood charcoal, some wood like hickory, oak apple, etc. Fill the chimney with charcoal, light and wait, cook food indirect heat after adding soaked wood. Get book by Steven Raichlen (sp). Gas in not a way to BBQ.

poser Administrator

If you want to really go for a high heat sear, look into the large, round "fish cooker" burners. Put a high pressure regulator on it and you will be cooking at 800+ degrees.

Wow thanks for all your help guys! Now I have a grill that will jump to 700F in 5 minutes instead of an hour. I can grill again!

Now to break out the Steve Raichlen book and go to work! Gonna be much cooler summer in the Rockcrusher kitchen, phew!
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

since 4/10/2009
    good to hear you got it worked out!

I smoked a 9.5lb pork shoulder last weekend on apple chips in my electric w/water pan cheapie smoker. I mixed the rub myself and used 16 different herbs and spices. Some of the flavors were a little too muted, so next time I'll increase some of the ratios.

Let it smoke a couple hours at about 300F, then apply the "Texas Crutch" and drop the temp to about 200F and let it go for the next 8hrs. Then, remove the foil and raise the temp to 300F again for about half an hour to an hour and then take it off the smoker to rest.

Once cool enough to handle, pull all the meat off the bone and serve.

That was some tasty pork.

poser Administrator
    good to hear you got it worked out!

I smoked a 9.5lb pork shoulder last weekend on apple chips in my electric w/water pan cheapie smoker. I mixed the rub myself and used 16 different herbs and spices. Some of the flavors were a little too muted, so next time I'll increase some of the ratios.

Let it smoke a couple hours at about 300F, then apply the "Texas Crutch" and drop the temp to about 200F and let it go for the next 8hrs. Then, remove the foil and raise the temp to 300F again for about half an hour to an hour and then take it off the smoker to rest.

Once cool enough to handle, pull all the meat off the bone and serve.

That was some tasty pork.
    Holy cow that is epic! Bet that was some tasty pork!

I am not as adventurous as that when it comes to the grill but I might do some indirect smoking in there, wood chips etc, see what that does, it is always better to do so here in the winter. Summer is better for grilled meats and veggies, things that can be combined with cool lettuce and tomatoes and salads and such. I leave the bigger things like ribs and turkeys and stuff until fall and winter.

The desert, any extra heat generated sucks.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Ride More, Work Less
    While it is not the same as slow cooked meat as Nate described, you can pull off some amazing flavor using a dutch oven (big, heavy cast iron type). Sear the meat good on the dutch oven or on the grill and then place in the dutch oven with about a quarter cup of water. Slow roast covered around 250 for several hours and you will have the juiciest pork imaginable. Once the pork is fork tender, add a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes, non-MSG fajita seasoning (Badia brand is good), salt to taste, and some garlic power. Heat thoroughly and you'll have the best pork taco you'll ever had. I cheat and add smoked salt to give the meat a little more smoked flavor, but this is just a little flair to fool the crowd.

Ride More, Work Less

Try some grilled Nan (you can use a basic pizza crust recipe) brushed with a butter / sugar/ cinnamon sauce.

This might change your opinion...even on a hot day.

I ride brikes, dingus'
    This is a well used BBQ! Steve Raichlan rocks, but you need to check out Barbecue Recipes for ribs, beef, chicken, pork, fish, and side dishes at the Barbecue Web You will thank me!

You're not lost if you don't care where you are--- Tom Massie

since 4/10/2009
    I'm in Texas...you just gotta put the heat source away from where you're spending time.

My electric smoker goes outside. I'd set off all the alarms in here if I ran it inside (but, you CAN do the same thing in your oven...just use a regular roasting pan for your chips and put the meat over it with a rack...you just have to ventilate REALLY well and use smaller cuts of meat that will cook quicker - ribs do well).

it doesn't do as well in the wintertime because it's a cheap thing with thin metal walls. if it was made of heavier materials, it'd keep heat better and work better when there was a larger temp differential with the outside.

I would love to have one of those sidebox smoker/grills but good ones aren't cheap. maybe when I settle into a new place. I think I'm going to leave my old gas grill behind. it's getting quite rusty.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Read on, you BBQ Bigots!

The history of barbecue
    Yes, this is exactly how my BBQ parties look like:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

poser Administrator
    i am actually really excited to just make some hamburgers for dinner tonight. Thanks for all the help and links. Maybe we can start a thread where we share our favorite recipes, techniques and such.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    BBQ is just a sauce, honestly.

the method of cooking would be

grilling = hot and fast
    smoking = low and slow
    You have to be careful with that. There are some world champs who don't go low and slow. But for most folks you are spot on.

He said he was getting 400 degree heat right? That a lot of heat!

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by t135 View Post
    You have to be careful with that. There are some world champs who don't go low and slow. But for most folks you are spot on.

He said he was getting 400 degree heat right? That a lot of heat!
    Nah I was getting 400 with the lid shut and it was taking somewhere in the range of 1/2hour to get close. Open the lid however and there was little sizzle.

As an ex-grill master at a very good local restaurant I demand perfection and heat and sear. There I said it. I demand it. I want my hands to hurt over the flame. I want my tongs to get too hot to hold. Heat.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Axe
    Custom User Title
    i want my tongs to get too hot to hold.
    That's what she said.

the half breed devil
    i do not like propane nor propane products.

i always grill a pork loin or a big steak over charcoal every friday night. i am very, very good at grilling almost any kind of meat...

i cut it in half and eat the other half after saturday's ride...

carry on, my hearties...

poser Administrator
    Did my hamburgers last night. Nothing special but they tasted so much better than hamburgers I have been doing in the house because the grill fail that we were amazed. Just meat, montreal steak spice and some nice fresh soft buns from the french bakery down the street.

I feel like a man once again, and the grill was damn hot so I got nice grill marks on the burgers, a reasonable sear to seal in the juices and nice heat to melt the cheese right. Ahhh!
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    i do not like propane nor propane products.

i always grill a pork loin or a big steak over charcoal every friday night. i am very, very good at grilling almost any kind of meat...

i cut it in half and eat the other half after saturday's ride...

carry on, my hearties...
    H.H. does not approve of this message.

I ride brikes, dingus'
    A BBQ forum or a sticky would be cool!!

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by scmclark View Post
    good idea...

Axe
    Custom User Title
    While admins are at it they should also add crocheting and ironing forums.

What? About as much sense as "29r components"...

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post

chill out. this is the off camber/off topic forum. if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    chill out. this is the off camber/off topic forum. if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.
    I tell you, I will be a regular in the crocheting forum.

the half breed devil
    29er components no, BBQ yes. i am marinating tri tip as i type...

poser Administrator

good idea...
    29er components no, BBQ yes. i am marinating tri tip as i type...
    I am talking with the admin about an Extreme ironing forum

also see this: http://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-of...ad-783403.html
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

I ride brikes, dingus'

Why not? They have a Beer forum and not everybody drinks.

mtbr member
    I learned cross stitching when I was 10 and in the hospital getting my appendics removed. Does that count?

The nurse talked me into it. It was a weak moment and I was highly impressionable when in the presence of nurses.

the half breed devil
    i learned to sew in junior high school. it is a skill that served me well as a boy scout; i sewed all of my patches and badges on myself...

Members who have read this thread: 0