see me rollin, they hatin

bands/songs everybody likes, but you cant stand

ok, i figure overrated bands would be more easily recognized than the underrated bands. Here goes...remember, these are just my opinions and i will likely be flamed!

U2. ok, maybe its just Bono i hate. he's such a whiny self righteous turd. god i cant stand him. Screw the Edge too. their guitar is often too "jingly" sounding for me to like the music too.

Rolling stones. i LOVE paint it black, but the rest i just cant get into. i'm sick of his flappy frog lips and voice.

P.Diddy. while not so popular anymore, he still sucks and always sucked.

Pop punk bands like Good Charlotte and Blink 182. i dont think i need to explain that one.

Van Halen. Ok, i am not going to put down the musical talent, but why why why cover it with corny synthesizers?

Kiss.

most stoner jam bands. Again, i agree, musically talented. but i get bored. maybe i need to do more drugs.

Taylor swift. cant sing.

Maroon 5. Songs arent bad, but damn, his voice grates me.

mtbr member
    OK, before everyone berates me with, "awww man but there are so talented and innovative...blah blah" It just doesn't click with me. I can admire their musical abilities but do not care to listen to them: Radiohead.

Ride More, Work Less
    Any that have an auto-tuned singer....that means basically everyone and every song on the "top 40" stations. I'm finding myself listening to country more and more these days.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Every band in existence today. So much mind numbing drivel.

Is not amused
    Ones with an auto tuner. Most music sucks today. It's sad that most of this shlt music gets millions for putting out crap music.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

AZ
    banned
    Auto Tune is the devil. By the way, what is a "P.Diddy?

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    ok, i figure overrated bands would be more easily recognized than the underrated bands. Here goes...remember, these are just my opinions and i will likely be flamed!
    Kayne East, Gayz, LIL---- who ever there's like a million lil derps. Rhia black eye chris browny, drake the fake, wizkaliffy, willly wooka floocka, Justin I like the nob bieber, Nicki the puppet management mingina, and many more. Any teen pop band. I'm not responsible for spelling of their names due to how they messed up music.

I love this diss though.

APATHY "love lock down" (LIL WAYNE T-PAIN KANYE DISS) - YouTube

REALLY?
    I dont like Aerosmith, or Queen.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

banned
    Feb 2012
    I like a cover that everyone hates - of a song that everyone loves (except for me): Amyst - Rolling In The Deep Cover (Adele) - YouTube (the beginning is boring but it gets better)

mtbr member
    Nickleback. Sucks.

oh god! i forgot Nickleback!!!

mtbr member
    Anything involving Adele.
    2012 Stumpy FSR Comp 29er - Candy Red/Black

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008

U2. ok, maybe its just Bono i hate. he's such a whiny self righteous turd. god i cant stand him. Screw the Edge too. their guitar is often too "jingly" sounding for me to like the music too.

Rolling stones. i LOVE paint it black, but the rest i just cant get into. i'm sick of his flappy frog lips and voice.

P.Diddy. while not so popular anymore, he still sucks and always sucked.

Pop punk bands like Good Charlotte and Blink 182. i dont think i need to explain that one.

Van Halen. Ok, i am not going to put down the musical talent, but why why why cover it with corny synthesizers?

Kiss.

most stoner jam bands. Again, i agree, musically talented. but i get bored. maybe i need to do more drugs.

Taylor swift. cant sing.

Maroon 5. Songs arent bad, but damn, his voice grates me.
    Awesome! You started a great thread. I don't want to bore you with my dislikes but I do want to ask you something I am sure that everyone here is now dieing to know since you've stated your dislikes:

What are your favorites???
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    Lady Gaga.
    I want to beat her in the side of the head with a lead pipe.
    She has to wear those gawdy costumes so nobody realizes how ugly she is and to distract from how horrible her music is.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    1 more for the "i hate Adele club". And Justin Timberlake is a tool.

The White Jeff W
    Add me to the" I totally don't get Kiss" club. And i grew up when the were in their 'prime'.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Rolling Stones
    The Beatles
    Bob Dylan
    Grateful Dead

..and the band that did the song "Tub Thumping" - we used to call that song the "White Anthem" because all the white people would wig out and do white people dance moves when it came on and us brown people were like WTF?

My wife loves this song and she's as white as a sheet.

Is not amused
    The GIF tells it all.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Rolling Stones
    The Beatles
    Bob Dylan
    Grateful Dead

..and the band that did the song "Tub Thumping" - we used to call that song the "White Anthem" because all the white people would wig out and do white people dance moves when it came on and us brown people were like WTF?

Chumbawamba.
    Actually they were a passable punk band until that single and lost a lot of fans who accused them of selling out with that "song".
    Gotta disagree with the Beatles, however. Now, Paul McCartney post Beatles....

Whodaphuck: props for knowing the deal about Chumbawamba. My friend still has a Nevermind the Ballots shirt. Did you listen to Crass or more domestic, the stuff on Sabot records? If anyone bought Tub Thumping( I did since I was already a fan) nothing in the liner notes was printed. It was all removed by the label for being too political and heavily anarchistic in nature.

As far as bands I'm not into, Nicole nailed it with her list but I'll add:
    Beatles( I like Yellow Sub-marine only because of the Roots Manuva remix being 10x better than the original)
    Coheed and Cambria
    Goo Goo Dolls
    3 Doors Down
    Wheezer
    Thursday
    Saves the Day
    Monster Magnet
    Madonna
    Death Cab for Cutie
    MGMT
    Lady GaGa
    Nicki Minage

There is for sure way more, this is what I thought of off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    smashing pumpkins...

really...they suck.

that and as previously mentioned - nickleback

gack
    Click Here for Forum Rules

I'm SUCH a square....
    There are SOOOOO MANY........... Let's just say I haven't heard a good new act since before my teen daughter was born.

I'm not one to judge, anyway; I don't go by bands, I go by the song. NOBODY has ever had 100% with me, there's always a clunker. Even Elvis tanked a few.

Call me a cherrypicker...............but I like what I like, and F*** the rest.

BTW -- rap needs a Woodstock-type event, so it can be nuked.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

Bro Mountainbiker
    pop

95% of rap

Pop country

Those are the genera I would rather not get specific!

Except for this song. It really sucks.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SRvCvsRp5ho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

Hermit
    In chronological order:

The Doors (what??! No BASS player?)
    U2
    95% of rap/hip hop
    Nickelback/Coldplay etc.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

Rap has a Woodstock. Rock the Bells. It's so cheap and amazing. A solid 12+hrs of the dopest hip-hop out there.
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

rebmem rbtm
    Van Halen - synthesizers??

The VH songs that have synths, you can count ´em w/one hand... so i don´t see the point, maybe you mean Yes (the band)?

However i respect people not liking it, not everyone is perfect.

BTW I don´t understand people liking coldplay or U2 songs.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Lady Gaga.
    I want to beat her in the side of the head with a lead pipe.
    She has to wear those gawdy costumes so nobody realizes how ugly she is and to distract from how horrible her music is.

Lady Gaga is a dude.

Titanium junkie
    Liked U2 up to Unforgettable Fire, then it all went south.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

REALLY?
    Rolling Stones
    The Beatles
    Bob Dylan
    Grateful Dead

-rep

...just kidding

...lol
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

my beef with Lady gaga is, she actually HAS a good voice and can sing well. Her songs are so brainless though.

Nicki minaj, i've heard her do some cool sounding rapping, but her songs suck. They could do so much better.

As for the Beatles, i like a handful of songs a lot....and some make me want to shoot myself.

poser Administrator
    for me I like a lot of different kinds of music but I can't listen to contemporary country, I can't listen to radiohead, I can't listen to coldplay and definitely can't listen to the new "pseudo-emo" crap like Death Cab for Cutie (poke my f-ing ears out anytime i hear whiny crap like that...urban angst punk style music is one thing (first world problems for sure) but whiny depressed music is even worse).

I will literally listen to Nickelback (who really aren't that horrible they just get a lot of crap from music critics but their rock songs do indeed rock) before I will listen to any of the above.

And the Smashing Pumpkins killed it with "Melloncollie and the Infinite Sadness" and suck it up for everything else they ever did. They pulled an Orson Wells peaking at their first big release and never being able to recapture that passion or feeling. Perhaps it was the era of the release.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    RAP

Of course this post may be out of place because rap is not really music.
    Originally Posted by Vtolds/Dremer03---- "assume any bikes left unlocked and unattended are free to take"

Ah, haha. It's Minaj. I like that one song with Eminem. Except his verse crushes her entire song.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobi-Wan Kenobi View Post
    RAP

Of course this post may be out of place because rap is not really music.

Does anyone else think that rap sounds like square dance calling?

mtbr member
    Creed
    Aerosmith
    Jay-Z
    Puffy

Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    Ah, haha. It's Minaj. I like that one song with Eminem. Except his verse crushes her entire song.
    Yes, i was gonna say, i like "roman's revenge"

her newer pop stuff is le terrible

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I could care less what other people like so I don't know what bands to choose.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    for me I like a lot of different kinds of music but I can't listen to contemporary country, I can't listen to radiohead, I can't listen to coldplay and definitely can't listen to the new "pseudo-emo" crap like Death Cab for Cutie (poke my f-ing ears out anytime i hear whiny crap like that...urban angst punk style music is one thing (first world problems for sure) but whiny depressed music is even worse).

I will literally listen to Nickelback (who really aren't that horrible they just get a lot of crap from music critics but their rock songs do indeed rock) before I will listen to any of the above.

And the Smashing Pumpkins killed it with "Melloncollie and the Infinite Sadness" and suck it up for everything else they ever did. They pulled an Orson Wells peaking at their first big release and never being able to recapture that passion or feeling. Perhaps it was the era of the release.
    i sort of have a beef with Billy Corgan...his voice is whiny already, but when he emphasizes it by whining even more, its like nails on a chalkboard. i think that was the problem with Melancholy.

there are many bands where i like the music, but hate the singer's voice. Smashing pumpkins is one of them. Even Nirvana's vocals bugged me, though the songs themselves were good. i dont care what kind of genious you think Kurt was, his voice wasnt the greatest...even though i guess it fit the feeling of the music. i dont know, i think would have liked better vocals. THere better grunge bands in that era.

banned
    Sep 2007
    I like to say Rap is one letter away from Crap. Just don't appreciate it, really don't appreciate it when the mofo's playing it are driving by, and acting like they are deaf, so pumped up they can feel it, forget about hearing it.

Some Rolling Stones stuff... Charlie Watts as a drummer is sad, as was Ringo Starr. However Sympathy for the Devil and You Can't Always Get What You Want, for me at least, rate right up there with Led Zeppelin in immortality of Rock songs.

David Lee Roth...versus van Hagar... Sammy was a great edition, in my opinion.

Stevie Winwood, and Traffic... uhg.. Low Sparks of High Heeled Boys... GF loves it, Me, I can't wait for it to be over.

Super Tramp. some good, some bad, but hell yeah, whiny voice on Take the Long Way Home.

REO SpeedWagon. More whiny vocals.

Add in Bruce Springsteen... sorry, I just don't get it with him and the E Street band.
    Last edited by Boyonabyke; 04-11-2012 at 11:20 AM.

i sort of have a beef with Billy Corgan...his voice is whiny already, but when he emphasizes it by whining even more, its like nails on a chalkboard. i think that was the problem with Melancholy.

there are many bands where i like the music, but hate the singer's voice. Smashing pumpkins is one of them. Even Nirvana's vocals bugged me, though the songs themselves were good. i dont care what kind of genious you think Kurt was, his voice wasnt the greatest...even though i guess it fit the feeling of the music. i dont know, i think would have liked better vocals. THere better grunge bands in that era.
    Get. Out. Of. My. Brain.

poser Administrator
    There is some good rap...but it is hard to find. The self-aggrandizing version popularized by 50Cent, Biggie Smalls and Tupak Shakur is bad. All it is is how awesome they are.

The older stuff, the political stuff, the stuff that has content, not just self masturbation is pretty good with nice rhythms and lyrics. I am thinking some RunDMC, NWA-Ice Cube, some Public Enemy, and some earlier Jay-Z...maybe.

The funny stuff is good too. Particularly some of the Kool Keith stuff, (Handsome Boy Modelling School, Dr. Octagon and such) as were the first few albums by the Beastie Boys particularly Paul's Boutique, which if you excuse the comparison is their White Album and their most highly underrated album (mostly thanks to the dust brothers) IMO.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

poser Administrator

I guess for me of was of the time more than the music. A place a time a setting in life revived whenever I hear the music. I feel for the kids who's time and place music is Katy Perry, Nicki minaj or any of those other bubblegum pop stars of current. It is nice to key into high school or college aurally with something a little more complex and rewarding.

Plus if it wasn't for Nirvana we wouldn't have the Foo Fighters who I feel are the heir apparent to the big bands of the late 70's.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Is not amused
    I feel for the kids who's time and place music is Katy Perry, Nicki minaj or any of those other bubblegum pop stars of current.
    Adding to this. The kids of present just love to remind us their age and how they wish they grew up in a certain "era". This is referring to the comment sections on most video sites and asking for thumbs up. That is nice of them but, it is getting played out a little. Anyone else notice this? Also the "VS" this group/band/musician to another.

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Adding to this. The kids of present just love to remind us their age and how they wish they grew up in a certain "era". This is referring to the comment sections on most video sites and asking for thumbs up. That is nice of them but, it is getting played out a little. Anyone else notice this? Also the "VS" this group/band/musician to another.
    Yeah, everyone is so lazy they can't even make up their own "decade/era/scene" just grab what was there before.

I grew up effect by the late 70's, emerged in high school in the late 80's in all its full 80's effect then college for the nineties and its rebellion against the 70 and 80's. Then it all seemed to stop. Just copying the look of previous generations, the music (Swing revival - emo - shoegazing - punk) and now it is copying the banality of the 80's pop and the 90's acid scene with vapid lyrics and rave inspired hooks and cuts.

Make up your own stuff dammit and keep off my lawn.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

Yeah, everyone is so lazy they can't even make up their own "decade/era/scene" just grab what was there before.

I grew up effect by the late 70's, emerged in high school in the late 80's in all its full 80's effect then college for the nineties and its rebellion against the 70 and 80's. Then it all seemed to stop. Just copying the look of previous generations, the music (Swing revival - emo - shoegazing - punk) and now it is copying the banality of the 80's pop and the 90's acid scene with vapid lyrics and rave inspired hooks and cuts.

Make up your own stuff dammit and keep off my lawn.

i always laugh when i see a kid wearing an Exploited or Misfits concert shirt

BTW - it's Neville Staple's birthday today (the Specials)....you know you love ska

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    i always laugh when i see a kid wearing an Exploited or Misfits concert shirt

BTW - it's Neville Staple's birthday today (the Specials)....you know you love ska
    was just listening to Fishbone, Bad Brains and some Specials and Madness so there you go.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

poser Administrator
    was just listening to Fishbone, Bad Brains and some Specials and Madness so there you go.
    I don't know what Bad Brains has to do with that. Herp a derp.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    Name:  emo haircuts.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  29.7 KB

anything that holds an instrument or stands on a stage with the above hairdo and jam bands (it's like chewing on mashed potatoes without teeth)

honorobale mention: Eric Clapton- he sounds like he always just mails his in.

i am cautious around people who won't dance though..
    Last edited by 53119; 04-11-2012 at 11:30 AM.

I don't know what Bad Brains has to do with that. Herp a derp.
    Bad Brains were the one of the true pioneers of punk.....

they are badical to the max.

EDIT: they are also damn good reggae musicians...and reggae is a side effect of ska...

so there's your tie-in...

poser Administrator
    Rolling Stones
    The Beatles
    Bob Dylan
    Grateful Dead

Fact: Chumbawumba sued the bike company Chumbawumba (Shaums March rode from them then I recall, who if you are unsure of who he is he is a black mountain biker/DH racer!) which then became Chumba and which then became the definition of suck under Kang.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

mtbr member
    There's a few I don't quite get, too (I'll leave it to those that lots in my age group seem to like -- no need to explain that this 36 yr old father of 3 doesn't really like Bieber et al):

Kiss (first on the list -- not even 1 good song!)
    Stones (I'll keep Beast of Burden and Black Door, you can have the rest)
    Springstein (East coast thing?)
    Wheezer and Beck (although I do have Loser on my workout playlist, I admit)
    Blink 182
    Linkin Park
    Pearl Jam (I loved 90's grunge -- being the PNW probably affected me -- but never got why PJ seemed to be most well known when there were better bands)
    Killers
    White Stripes (need more instruments!)
    Dead, Phish, etc (guess you had to be there)
    Ben Harper
    Beattles (and any soloists thereafter)

A few others, I've changed my opinion on a little. Never got Sting until I went to a concert w/ a GF who loved him. I came out of the concert a convert for some reason, and have enjoyed his music ever since. U2 has had some real clunkers, including entire albums, and I dislike politicized entertainers, but I can't list them because they have a few of my favorites as well -- "spacy" sound of "Streets have no name" and "with or without you" are great to listen to on a good system driving in the desert at night, still get goosebumps from "Beautiful Day" after the 2002 Super Bowl halftime show tribute to 9/11; in all, enough good songs to make a couple really good albums from them.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

poser Administrator
    Bad Brains were the one of the true pioneers of punk.....

they are badical to the max.
    yeah but definitely not ska. And pioneers of american punk. There with X and The Germs etc.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

poser Administrator
    i edited my response before i read yours:
    "they are also damn good reggae musicians...and reggae is a side effect of ska...

so there's your tie-in.."
    I think that ska is a side effect of reggae and the british rock scene. Just sayin'
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

yeah but definitely not ska. And pioneers of american punk. There with X and The Germs etc.
    i edited my response before i read yours:
    "they are also damn good reggae musicians...and reggae is a side effect of ska...

so there's your tie-in.."

poser Administrator
    ska came from Jamaica first ('50's), then reggae followed shortly after...

In the 60's true ska was popular with Mods and skins

then the English 2 Tone scene came about in the 70's (which was Enlgish)

* yes..i was a rude boy waaaaay back when *
    noted rudy!
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

I think that ska is a side effect of reggae and the british rock scene. Just sayin'
    ska came from Jamaica first ('50's), then reggae followed shortly after...

In the 60's true ska was popular with Mods and skins

then the English 2 Tone scene came about in the 70's (which was Enlgish)

* yes..i was a rude boy waaaaay back when *

mtbr member
    @rockcrusher - agree with the Beastie's "white album". got johnny ryall kickin right now!
    '3 min rule' is a nice beastie flow finder as well.
    Last edited by 53119; 04-11-2012 at 01:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Beastie Boys.....Yea I said it!

I can't STAND them.
    Ride: 2016 Yeti SB5.5c
    Retired: 2014 Yeti SB66AC

banned
    Jun 2007
    Boston. Was never classic rock. Hated them back then, detest them now, and yet to this day, every time I drive in N.E. I hear "More than a Feeling", and just want to hurl. Ugggggh!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    First and foremost? NIckelback. Ok look I dont really think they are horrible musicians. Chad Kroger really isnt a horrrible singer. However, We get reception for one radio station at work and they play Nickelback at the very least every 5th song. And two-fer-tuesdays make me want to punch nuns. I really liked the first Nickelback album, everything after that was the exact same sound run through a blender with different words.

Secondly: Lil Wayne. I just cant stand the guy, that nasally whine about *****es and dollars makes me certifiably insane. Meanwhile I have friends who are "into rap" who say hes a lyrical genius. I also lost what very little respect I had for him when he performed on SNL with a guitar hanging around his neck.....but never played it.

Thirdly: The Crash Test Dummies. My wife loves that god awful horrible piece of trash they call a song.. Mmm Mmm Mmm ( i think thats the title, i dont care enough to look it up) She plays it on road trips purely to incite rage in me. After the last trip I threatened to throw the ipod out the window.

Fourthly: I loathe Coheed and Cambria. Mostly because any guy who can hit that high of a note on a regular basis has some kind of chemical imbalance. Secondly because when I was in high school (when they came out) I got to witness first hand all the freshman girls listen to this dribble and complain about how rough their lives were. Being 14 and in the upper middle class, if you think life is rough, you might as well give up.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

Mantis, Paramount, Campy
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    Fourthly: I loathe Coheed and Cambria. Mostly because any guy who can hit that high of a note on a regular basis has some kind of chemical imbalance. Secondly because when I was in high school (when they came out) I got to witness first hand all the freshman girls listen to this dribble and complain about how rough their lives were. Being 14 and in the upper middle class, if you think life is rough, you might as well give up.
    Funny, I would never put them in a category of everyone likes. I can count the number of people I know on the fingers of my amputated hand that have even heard of them.

I like 'em

But yeah I can see how Claudio's voice is a turn off.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Funny, I would never put them in a category of everyone likes. I can count the number of people I know on the fingers of my amputated hand that have even heard of them.

I like 'em

Amputated hand...really??

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Michael Jackson - bleh
    Kiss - Never got the hype
    Genesis - They were huge back in the day
    Def Leppard - also huge back in the day. The girls sure liked them though.

mtbr member
    Dave Mathews, Coldplay, most of the whiny electronic stuff coming out these days, Phoenix, Grouplove, Fun, etc.

Five Finger Death Punch and Avenged Sevenfold can suck it. Terrible what the kids are calling metal these days.

Good to see some love for the old school ska and reggae on here. Gotta love some positivity in a negative thread.

Avenged Sevenfold should have called it quits when the singer ****ed his vocal chords. The albums before Sounding the Seventh Trumpet were awesome. I guess they're making shitloads more money now than when they were good, so good for them I guess. Most people who listen to them now don't even know about the old stuff. Same thing with Yellowcard. Used to be awesome political hardcore from Jacksonville, FL then went all retard on us with the third(?) album.

oh god Dave Matthews! again, musically? fine.

vocals? like a creepy garbled molester. He looks like a molester too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Barbara Streisand

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Barbara Streisand
    I thought she was famous for being hated by everyone. People actually like her? Blech.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by monzie View Post
    I thought she was famous for being hated by everyone. People actually like her? Blech.
    Like buttar!

Digging in the pain cave.
    Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Phish, and Aretha Franklin.

There. I said it.

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Anything country. VERY popular here. Even the ol lady been listening to it lately. I think just to spite me.

Rap has been sucking lately too. Yeah, Lil Wayne sounds like a whiney lil bugger. Lil Whyne?
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Jack Johnson. Popular here since he's a local boy but makes me yawn just thinking about his music.

Quote Originally Posted by midschool22 View Post
    Led Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Phish, and Aretha Franklin.

There. I said it.
    I'm with ya brah. Except, I do like Aretha Franklin. Everything else? Barf.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post

I like 'em

Well theyve had a couple of gold records and sold a few million albums so they must have some kind of audience.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    All top 40 and all pop country is horrible.

Retired User
    Top 40 Pop
    Pop-rap
    Almost all rap, (except old school)
    Pop-country
    Pop-Punk
    Contemporary country
    Christian Rock
    Death Metal

Creed, Nickleback and similar
    Kid Rock and anything similar, if it exists
    Aerosmith, Boston, Journey, AC/DC, Van Halen, KISS

I dd what you see there.
    I have an amazing ability to tune things out, so I never really got to the point of not being able to "stand" certain bands. I just tune them out if I hear them.

What I do appreciate though is music made with instruments. I never learned how to play any, so I appreciate when someone can manipulate one to make 'music.'

Having said that what I'm NOT impressed with is anything made on a computer. It's quite easy to search for a free mixing program online and create your own rap or dance or club music (etc.). Specifically, I remember someone pointing out a certain "Skrillex" character and how "awesome" his music was. I searched this guy, I listened, I searched for a mixing program, I educated myself on said program, I downloaded said program and I created a similar song and the whole process took me about 9 minutes. Not impressed with those kind of things. Instruments are wood-winds, strings, percussion, etc. NOT a laptop, internet connection and a mouse.
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

Not to be a dick but just playing devils advocate, if you could play instruments would you then not appreciate music made with them since you could do what they are doing? That's where your statement ends up taking me if followed. There are some really impressive beatsmiths out there if you look( 9th Wonder comes to mind; and all he uses is fruity loops).

I dd what you see there.
    Yes. It's a big cliché but I honestly believe if I can do it, ANYBODY can do it.

Fair enough.

I dd what you see there.
    Also, don't misunderstand me. I'm not the kind of person that thinks because I'm not impressed with something or whatever that it "sucks" either. It's more like I just don't care about it or it's a non-factor. I'd rather focus on music I DO like and be happy, than wallow in misery continually complaining about how rap "sucks" or something.

That's exactly how I took your statement. The non-factor version. No harm, no fowl( I know it's foul, I'm playing a joke).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Leave the chickens out of this.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

I feed hamburgers to cows
    Skrillex. It sounds like a Transformers orgy.
    Felt Edict Nine

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    +1 for Gaga...strange outfits and outrageous behavior can't cover-up bad originals and worse Madonna knock-offs forever. Oh and I like the Stones but I don't think they should be in the discussion with the Beatles.

the catalan connection
    Bossa nova, I hate bossa nova. Doesn't matter who plays it or sings, I hate it. Gets into my nerves.
    Some years ago became "cool" for some time and was everywhere I went. Friends places, restaurants...Right then my hate became chronic.
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordly evidence of the fact." George Elliot

Sup
    I hate to say it but I am starting to get sick of Adel
    she has some good stuff but every time I turn on the radio she is still not over him

Why must they overplay everything

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

I Ride Bikes
    Nicki Minaj
    Kesha

^^yeah they suck pretty hard
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

Members who have read this thread: 0